Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
6 days off 3.5 mgs of subutex
    Dobieman is offline Member

Everybody i see tells me I look old and pale and sick

I dont know if ill be able to make it through next week like this.....damn it! I want off this >>>>!!!

OMGoodness, the knee aches are finally subsiding for the most part. That was the worst part of this yet I think.. They hurt sooooo bad!!!

Im afraid my wife is gonna have me surprise drug tested to use against me for custody of my kid and I dont want that cr@p in my system

Omg, is coming off of painkillers this bad for this long!? I have never been addicted or went through wd's from anything but subutex

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Everyone is different but if this was easy we wouldn't have ended up here. Take a breath take it one minute at a time five minutes at a time and half hour than an hour make it til midnight and you'll be another day clean. Stay positive this will pass I promise you. Keep reading and posting we are all here to support you...

Lvg nghtmare thanks for the encouragement. I have taken klonopin for sleep for years and tonight is the first night in years i havnt had it cuz I didnt get to pharmacy in time. Omg tonights gonna b the worst one yet!!!!!!!

OMG im so miserable right now! Cant sleep, feel like im gonna throw up, just redosed all my sleep meds (6 pills) and my knee aches are slowly coming back, but I dont wanna take another 8 pills of otc pain meds right after 6 sleep pills. I dont know if Ill make it through the night without some subutex......

Wow, just typed it all out now gotta type it again for some reason it didnt post. I feel the worst I have yet!! I jumped from 3.5 mgs to 1 mg like 15 days ago, and then jumped to .5 after 3 days then completely off 3 days after that. So, i have only been completely off for about 8 days. Dont know if I can hold on much longer. OMG

I broke down and took 2 tiny crumbs. DAMN IT!! Now I feel like all this time of feelin like shat has been wasted. I dont know, it hasnt kicked in yet, but Im kinda relieved that the torture is gonna be over shortly. I guess im gonna have to taper the rest the way off

I got an appointment Monday with my dr. Should I switch to the suboxone film strips instead of subutex? It seems like it would be way easier to get precise dosing down with strips that I cut >>. trying to measure crumbs of an 8 mg pill of subutex. I dont know how yall who came off cold turkey and took care of kids and/ or worked during the wd's did it. U must be SUPER tough. I just couldnt take the pain and sickness another hour. Disappointed in myself......

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Good morning. That is the reason why short tapers rarely work. When you jumped down from 3.5 to 1mg that's about a 72% drop. That will put anyone into w/d. And then you went to .5mg another 50% drop. So you've basically been in w/d the entire time. And those smaller amounts haven't been able to give you relief. Don't feel bad. 3.5 mg of subs is a very hefty dose and definately not recommended to jump from. Yes the strips would be much easier to ensure accurate dosing. If you're going to get a script for suboxone we should do a proper induction to make sure you get started on your taper at the lowest effective dose. So until you get it take as little subutex as possible. Just enough to keep the w/d away. Then take the strips and cut a .5mg piece and a few .25mg pieces. Take the .5mg and wait an hour. Then take .25mg pieces every hour until you are stable (no w/d) try not to take any subutex on Sunday so that way the suboxone has something to work with. From there we can have an initial dose for you and begin tapering down 25% every 4-7 days just as the taper plan suggests. I'll be back later to check in. Give the taper plan a read.

Have a great day
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ok, ill try to get the suboxone strips instead this time. I took too much last night now I feel kinda sick from taking too much. Damn it, did I just take a giant leap backwards? I dont have a clue how much i took because I would take 2 tiny tiny crumbs and wait about 15 minutes, still in pain and desperate for relief I would take 2 more tiny tiny crumbs. I did that about 3 or 4 times before the pain finally went away. Im guessing I probably took about .75 mgs total. I REALLY APPRECIATE YALLS HELP THROUGH THIS!! I wish I could give you all a hug lol. You are all doing Gods work; thats for sure!!

That's great. .75 mg isn't that bad to start from. From there I'm sure the taper wouldn't take much longer than about a month max. And your w/d will be very minimal if you follow the taper plan. I'm sure the Dr will prescribe you something rediculous. Anywhere from 8-16mg/day. That's ok. Just nod your head and take it. That'll be plenty to do the taper. Then come back here and we'll get you going. You can do this. It'll be much easier on you than where you jumped from. Keep us updated!!

Beef

Something else, last time I tried to taper I tried taking just one dose a day (2 mg), but it seemed like by the time I was off work I was super depressed and super emotional and really struggled to sleep. So I started taking it twice a day and I was a lot better. Could I do that through the entire taper period until the VERY end? Its weird, but tapering seemed harder emotionally than jumping tbh, but maybe Im just more mentally prepared for this nearly definite pending divorce Im facing???
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

You can. We recommend dosing twice a day until you get below 1mg. But I've seen people dose twice all the way down to .5mg. After that the pieces get really really small. It's your show. We are just here to help.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobieman View Post
    Something else, last time I tried to taper I tried taking just one dose a day (2 mg), but it seemed like by the time I was off work I was super depressed and super emotional and really struggled to sleep. So I started taking it twice a day and I was a lot better. Could I do that through the entire taper period until the VERY end? Its weird, but tapering seemed harder emotionally than jumping tbh, but maybe Im just more mentally prepared for this nearly definite pending divorce Im facing???
    Good morning, where to begin...
    You have to really want this for yourself more than anything else. This is a fight for your life. We have a disease, addiction for me I have no self control I could not taper I always want more... So what are you doing differently this time? We cannot do this alone and we don't have to. Have you looked into getting face to face support? Na, Aa thearpy, counseling? I know for me in early recovery it was crucial to have support other Addicts that held me accountable people who could identify with all I was going threw. Not only Physically but Mentally. The Choice is yours just how bad do you want off the garbage and take your life back... You are worth it..
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Good morning, where to begin...
    You have to really want this for yourself more than anything else. This is a fight for your life. We have a disease, addiction for me I have no self control I could not taper I always want more... So what are you doing differently this time? We cannot do this alone and we don't have to. Have you looked into getting face to face support? Na, Aa thearpy, counseling? I know for me in early recovery it was crucial to have support other Addicts that held me accountable people who could identify with all I was going threw. Not only Physically but Mentally. The Choice is yours just how bad do you want off the garbage and take your life back... You are worth it..
    THANKS A MILLION AGAIN TO YALL WHO TAKE YOUR TIME TO HELP SOMEONE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW.. it gives me hope for the human race which seems so evil and selfish to me at times.
    Lvng ngtmare, tapering seemed really hard for me too which is why I decided to give it a shot to jump off, but the pain and misery just got SOOOOO bad last night, I just couldnt take it. So, what Im thinkin is, yes, I do need to get in NA meetings or something, more support, although my mom has been INCREDIBLE for me through this, where my dad has zero compassion or ability to sympathize with me. I think Im gonna either try to taper on down or just not go any higher in doseage until after my next job (im a union welder and I work 70-90 hrs a week for a few weeks to months then Im off until I decide to go back to work). After the next job is over Ill have a few weeks to months off again and Ill jump off the rest of the way if im not able to taper off. I really feel like ill be able to taper better when Im working a lot because Ill be so busy everyday it will actually help me taper down.
    BEEF: thanks a ton as well. I really have been relying on u guys and sincerely appreciate your time

No thanks you help me as well...
    I can't keep what was freely given to me unless I give it away...
    I know for me I could justify anything to keep me in active addiction. I'm not sure what, how much you were using that led you to subs. Give us a bit of history will make it easier for me to give suggestions and support you. You have come to an amazing community for support without judgment. This forum and all here have saved me I'm almost 19 months clean off the garbage and living a life without chains. As horrific and traumatic early recovery was for me I wouldn't trade my clean time for all the drugs in the world... Just for today... I never have to use again no matter what...

*you have to want this more than anything *
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-18-2018 at 09:54 AM.

My other idea is just to stop taking it again today for the next few days at least and see if I can get any lower in dosage. The biggest problem is I have to pick my son up next week and have him for a month but I am afraid that my soon to be ex wife is going to have me drug tested when I show up to pick him up. I have a prescription for adderall, klonopin and subutex, but it still will look bad in court that I'm on it, particularly the subutex/ suboxone as its only purpose is for addiction. I HATE drugs and strongly discourage using to my 14 year old, but she allows and even encourages it in many ways. I think I just need to accept that Im screwed and Im going to lose any hope for joint custody of my 2 year old because of the subutex use and the fact that Im out of town working for 5-12 weeks at a time to work. Im so broke up over losing my family.. Thats the reason I started using subutex in the first place.
    Thank you so much for caring for a stranger. I believe it will be a jewel in your crown when this life is over.

You are not alone some of us have lost everything even after we get clean. Dealing with the wreckage of our past from our drug addiction. You have to make a plan moving forward and stick to it. You should not be using the subs on as needed basis. This is addictive behavior sorry just getting honest... No judgment we have all been where you are at. If you truly want off the garbage you have options. Reach out get some face to face support I promise you it will help what do you have to lose eh... I know this is hard dealing with life chit this is why we use to numb our feelings and emotions. You don't have to do this alone... Get to a meeting... Take it one day at a time.. Worry about tomorrow Tomorrow...

Yep, an emotional painkiller. Exactly why I started using the subs, but honestly it may have been worth it. Its a shame that I/ we can get so emontionally devastated that we are rendered helpless unless we use a substance, but I cant help that. I didnt build my brain or the little short circuits within it that cause me such inner turmoil. All I can do is try to figure out how to work with the hand/ brain that I was dealt. I was born with a brain that shuts down under extreme pressure unless I lube it up with something, but next time..... there wont be a next time. I have got to learn from my mistakes and not put myself in a situation in which I lose myself again. I will overcome this addiction. I did it once and Ill do it one more time. I knew what I was getting myself into when I started them, but I will NEVER allow myself to become a slave to a substance again once I get er wooped this time. NEVER AGAIN

So, i dosed my .75 mgs at about 3 AM. It was a bit much because it actually made me a little sick being TOO much. However, usually with this much time between doses I would be craving more and Im not. I think ill be able to make it through the whole day on a single dose which was something I could never do before!! Feels like progress, even though I failed to complete the jump! Making it all day on a .75 mg dose is lightyears ahead of where I was 2 weeks ago!
    OKC-26 likes this.

Ok, well my heads all weird through today. All happy and all early in the day, but draggin asss and feelin all weepy off and on through the evening. 1 dose a day is tough for me for some reason

Well had a nice long post that went to the mods that we'll probably never see again. (Grrrr) but anyways. Maybe try taking .5mg in the morning then .25mg in the afternoon. If you're having trouble with one dose there's a good chance it's a mental game. Most people dose twice and taking the plunge to once a day can mess with your mind. You gotta train your body not to expect that second dose, and it can take some time. But you can do it. I saw one member take most of his dose in the morning and the rest in the afternoon and then he tapered off his second dose slowly and was down to just his morning dose. What works for some doesn't for others. The goal is to get clean right?

Hope this one shows up.
    Keep up the good work.
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

The goal is DEFINITELY to get clean! I think Im gettin used to the one dose and im not even sure how much I took this morning, but it was a tiny piece. I quit takin klonopin for sleep because I ran out and have gone the last 2 nights w/o it. VERY poor sleep, but I figure if I can make it through the last 2 nights I might as well keep goin w/o it and try to get off it too. I quit smoking 2 weeks ago as well. Im not sure why, but its like my mind is set on gettin off everything. Im really tired, but feel good about cleaning up
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Well had a nice long post that went to the mods that we'll probably never see again. (Grrrr) but anyways.

Hope this one shows up.
    Keep up the good work.
    Beef
    Lol, very frustrating I know. It happened to me once too

Checking in on you to see how you are doing today?

So, am I the only one who feels good in the mornings and like craap in the evenings on 1 dose a day

I always started to get a little antsy around 5pm. Tough to get used to
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast