Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
6 days off 3.5 mgs of subutex
    Dobieman is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Checking in on you to see how you are doing today?
    Thanks for checkin on me lvng nghtmre. Im dealing with some depression lately. Im prone to it anyway, but im going through a divorce which is why I started the subutex anyway. Im taking sam-e, 5 htp and starting Zembrin in a few days to deal with depression. I used to take prescription meds for depression but I want to stay away from them if possible. Im down to .75 mgs/ day and switching to suboxone film strips so I can more easily measure doses and taper on down and off.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey Dobieman keep up the good work. I still have my good days and bad days. But I have a choice today... If I'm feeling down, depressed I know I can always start my day over no matter what time of day it is. I have two options stay in my chit or make today count so today I choose to live life to the best of my ability. Its just a feeling it comes just as fast as it goes. Keep me posted on your progress. Here to support you my friend...

Got suboxone strips today. I cant take a day off right now. So, im gonna start on .75 mgs a day of the strips instead of subutex tablets. Be easier to taper with strips so i can get exact amounts.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

What did they give you? 8mg? Definately invest in some tweezers and scissors. They will save you. And I'd definately find some way to label the little strips. They get soooo small. And it can be easy to mistake the doses by just eyeballing the sizes. After cutting you can put them in little pieces of foil and mark them with a sharpie. That always worked for me.

Let us know how it goes.
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I got 2 mg strips. So, the pieces arent that small. I thought i was taking .75 mgs because i was just guessing, but i took just enuff today to feel normal n it only took me .625 mgs. So, im feelin good about this. Next ill drop to .5 mgs in about 3 days. Gotta admit tho that im still takin split doses. Took .5 in the morning and
    .125 in the afternoon. I think next drop will be to .375 in the a.m. and .125 in the pm. I know ya suggest just dosing once a day at this point, but i feel so much better splitting doses. Im not sure why I cant do this all the way until im nearly completely off. Hope to be completely off in a couple of weeks. Thanks so much to all who have helped me through this so far!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dobieman View Post
    I got 2 mg strips. So, the pieces arent that small. I thought i was taking .75 mgs because i was just guessing, but i took just enuff today to feel normal n it only took me .625 mgs. So, im feelin good about this. Next ill drop to .5 mgs in about 3 days. Gotta admit tho that im still takin split doses. Took .5 in the morning and
    .125 in the afternoon. I think next drop will be to .375 in the a.m. and .125 in the pm. I know ya suggest just dosing once a day at this point, but i feel so much better splitting doses. Im not sure why I cant do this all the way until im nearly completely off. Hope to be completely off in a couple of weeks. Thanks so much to all who have helped me through this so far!
    At this point it is probably more of a mental block than a physical one needing to dose twice a day. The reason we always suggest once after you get below 1mg is to begin to break the dosing habit. It's a hard one for sure. It's a ritual all itself and we learn to look forward to that second dose. It won't be long before there's no dose you know? This is a strong suggestion to begin to ease into the day that there will be no dose. I honestly would suggest that you begin to make a good honest effort to begin the once a day dose.

Just explaining. Your call.

Peace,

Cat

Ok, so Today is the first day I am beginni g my actual taper. For a recap I was on 3.5 mgs/ day and jumped off. I made it 2 weeks and couldnt take the pain anymore (no amount of otc pain meds were helping my knee pain). So, i got back on and was stable at about .75 mgs/ day. Today is my first day to drop in my taper plan. Im still dosing 2 X/ day. Morning was taking .5 mgs and afternoon .25 mgs, but today I dropped my afternoon dose to .125. After about 3 days Im gonna drop my morning dose to .375. Im using this forum/ discussion to help me hold myself accountable. Thanks to you who have been here for me through this

I think I missed my morning dose. I have been rral depressed, anxious, stomach churning all through church. The film strips r so small I cant tell when I get them in my mouth sometimes because in the morning I get up early, take my morning dose and lay back down for about 45 min. until it kicks in, but think I must have missed my mouth this morning. Usually i can feel it for a second under my tongue then taste it briefly, but i dont remember feeling or tasting it this morning. So, I went home after church and took .5 mgs. Almost certain I must have missed it this morni g. I hope I didnt just double dose and set myself back.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Droppin to .5 mgs tomorrow after 3 days at .625

How we doing today?? Drop us a line and let us know.

Have a great day
    Beef

Hey Beef, Im doin pretty good. Today is day 3 at .5 mgs. I might go 4 days before my next drop. I have had the runs every day (kinda embarassing to say . I was wondering if thats normal or maybe a sign I should slow my taper a bit? I want off them ASAP, but depression and anxiety are kinda bothering me. Its not bad, but I just think Im finally having to deal with the stress of my marital siuation without being medicated. I just hope it doesnt continue to get worse as I continue to taper off.

Im goin ahead with my drop tomorrow. Gonna drop to .375 mgs

If you're still feeling symptoms (runs, anxiety, etc.) Slow down. I know you are ready to be free. But you want to do it right so you only have to do it once. 4-7 days is normal for making drops. Most people take a little bit longer in between drops when they get that low due to the small amount. It takes some time to getstable. Don't drop until you are ready. If you rush it you're basically in w/d the entire time.

It's a marathon not a sprint. You're doing great!!! Keep up the good work!! A little Imodium should clear up the bathroom issues also. Take it as directed and needed.

Have a great day!
    Beef
    OKC-26 likes this.

Ok, I think ur right. Im gonna slow my taper. Thanks Beef
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Do I need to slow my taper more and more as I get lower and lower in doseage? I feel like maybe I should. I dont know why, but Im kinda getting nervous about getting off now that Im so close

Don't be nervous. Get excited. We hype this up to be such a horrible experience in our minds. But it doesn't have to be. Follow the plan and believe me the detox won't be near as bad as you think.

As far as slowing down. I've seen people continuously make their drops every 4 days like clock work all the way until the end. And I've also seen people who need a week on every drop. Everyone is different. Listen to your body and you will know when you're ready. When you're stable take a day and then make your drop. Follow 25% and you're good to go. Just be prepared that some drops are a little bit tougher than others.

Hope this helps. Keep doing what you're doing!!
    Beef

Ok, im makin another drop today. I have been nervous about this one for some reason, but im dropping from .5 down to .375 today.

Great work!! Keep on going. Don't worry about what may not come. Who knows you may not have any issues with this drop at all?? Just keep taking it one day at a time!!

You're doing great!!
    Beef
    OKC-26 likes this.

Ur right beef!! I think its in my head. Im currently seperated from my wife, desperately seeking reconciliation while going through career changes, moving from K.C. to OKC and taking care of my son too. I think Im afraid of dealing with all of this without something/ a drug to keep my mind from flipping.
    Thanks again Beef!

Heres a question. When I get off the suboxone Completely will I feel more like I do about an hour after I take my dose (no anxiety or depression and happy) or more like I do 14-16 hours later (anxious, depressed and feelings of hopelessness)?

How we doing today??

To answer your question. Yes and yes. Life off the junk is amazing. You feel and notice so much more. It's not like flipping a switch when you take your dose. Some days you wake up and you feel great. Others you wake up and you're a little down. It's just life. We were just too numb to see it and live it and feel it. It takes some getting used to. But I promise you not being a slave to that little orange strip is quit amazing.

Did that help, I dunno kinda hard to explain.

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ya, that helps a lot to hear beef, thanks! So, Im down to .28 mgs/ day. How low do people usually go before jumping off? I need as soft a landing as possible because I have a TON of stressors in my life right now. Anxiety has been really bad in the evenings and I have been taking 1 mg of klonopin at about 4 pm and another 1 mg at bedtime, but my doctor is going to call in a script of buspar for me.

.28mg that's awesome!!! Congratulations!! You can continue to taper lower, or start to work the skip days process. The skip days do 2 things and I'd definately recommend them whenever you're ready to jump. First they get you used to not expecting that dose. And second they allow the long half life of the subs to catch up and slowly dissipate in your body. What you do is dose, skip a day, dose, skip 2 days, dose, skip 3 days, dose one more time and then you're done. The skip days really do help if you can work them in.

I don't really know much about buspar. I'll have to look it up, and be careful with the klonopin. I've seen it get out of hand quickly. Have you seen the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal? Google it. Everything there will help you when you jump.

Get excited!! You're almost done with this!!!

Have a great night!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ok, Ill google the thomas recipe. And definitely do the skip days. Yep, IM CLOSE!! THANKS BEEF!!!

Sinthetiks1222 is offline Junior Member

The lower the better in my experience. I took a very long slow taper down to .125 mg before I jumped. I had about 5 days of feeling like a horrible flu. Day 3 of 4, can't remember exactly, was definitely the worst. But I am surprised looking back how it wasn't near as bad as I feared. Certainly not fun but not the end of the world. I personally have not had the months of protracted withdrawal as some have. I was on subs for 7 years so I was certainly expecting it to last forever. There are moments where I feel a little reminder of the sub, maybe this is what people call PAWS.

The freedom I have now is priceless. 7 months and I will never return to that lifestyle. You are nearly there.

Wow, u still felt sick for days even when you tapered all the way down to .125 mgs/ day!? Dang, Im gonna have to taper down further than I thought cuz Im trying to avoid any more pain. I have too much pain and stress in my life right now to add anymore to it. So, I guess Ill just keep tapering until I cant measure the amounts any smaller. Unfortunately once I kick the subs I still gotta kick a 30 mg/ day adderall addiction (been using it for about 2-3 months after I quit it for about 9 months), a nicotine addiction and a 20 mg/ day (at bed time)klonopin habit. My problem is I have been on something, whether its adderall, subutex, klonopin or some combination of all of them for about 10 years. I have a fear of being unable to function happily and effectively without something altering my mind.

I cant believe I have allowed myself to become dependent on so many addictive prescriptions! Getting off all of it seems so far away!

Whats worse is I set my alarm for about 50 minutes before I gotta wake up and take my adderall and suboxone then go back to sleep until my next alarm goes off to actually get outta bed.

Sinthetiks1222 is offline Junior Member

Sadly even .125 mg is still a large amount of opiate. Suboxone is really tough stuff. But don't think I'm speaking doom and gloom. It wasn't fun but it was not the terrible hurricane I expected. Looking back it was actually manageable. 7 years is a long time to build up sub in your body and so it was only natural I felt a bit bad after stopping. I believe at least 50 percent of it was mental.

Bazama is offline New Member

it is okay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast