Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By Reeray
  • 1 Post By Lastchance186
60mg a day habit. Will that usage cause me to have awful detox?
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member

Default 60mg a day habit. Will that usage cause me to have awful detox?

I'm ready to throw in the towel. I'm seriously done this time. Normally the worst part is the cravings so I usually give up right away. This time I think it's going to be different because I really want it. I just want to be normal again, maybe get pregnant, give my anti depressants a chance to work, make some friends etc... Ya know?!
    I want to take the plunge tomorrow but like most, im nervous and I'm not sure what to expect. I've been using since 09 pretty much every day.. A few years ago I quit for 3 months but at the time it was only 20mg habit and the phsyical detox wasn't that bad (just mental) .. Knowing it wasn't that bad I for some reason started again.
    Now I'm up to about 60mg hydro a day. Is that enough to make me feel awful? Thoughts? Thanks for reading.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome,

Your usage is still not terrible but bad enough. Get the Immodium ready and at hand that's an almost for sure. You may be achy and have some restlessness. Hard to know how bad it will be. You are right though, the mental is what it is. Try to stay busy and change what you do when you do it. I mean whatever you can. Make new good habits to replace the bad.

Any symptoms you have will be mostly over by Day 5 if not sooner. Hot baths, heating pads for the aches. Drink plenty of water and do your best to eat well and get some exercise. Walking does wonders. Get excited! Day 1 tomorrow and you never have to have another of those. Just keep reminding yourself that there's no way to the other side except to walk through it. If there was an easier way, I'd have found it!! I cold turkeyed from about three times the amount your'e taking and I've lived to tell about it. After many attempts, some successful for a short time I am now over 6 years clean and loving every single minute of it. I have money in my bank account and my bills are paid. I'm not sick everyday or on the hunt. What more can I say to inspire you?

I'll be checking on you. Post tomorrow and let us know how you're feeling. If your last dose was tonight, tomorrow may not be terrible physically. None of my Day 1's were. I went to work and t wasn't until that night that the physical stuff began. Stay busy!!! Hide the clocks.

Peace,

Cat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-22-2016 at 11:06 PM.
    Ming23 likes this.

Wake up is offline New Member
    New Orleans, born and raised. Today, we live in a quiet bedroom community in the suburbs 30 mi out.

Wow. I'll be back later to complete my comment, but your story is VERY similar to mine. This is my first comment, I just registered yesterday so I'm leaving something here so I don't forget to return later.

Reeray is offline Member

Hi Shawnamama,

I am worried about detox too. I have been on hydrocodone and now oxycodone for the past 12-13 years and scared to death.

I have tapered down to 20-25mg. per day but can't seem to go any further.

I hope you get off these horrible pulls while you are still young. It does not get easier with time. I still don't have the guts after lurking here at least a year.

Many others have done it and we can too. We just need to do it. I wish you the best in your efforts to get clean.
    Ming23 and Shawnamama like this.

Hey all! Thanks for the responses. I didn't do so hot today. I went down 25 milligrams though but not what I expected. I will try again tomorrow. I feel like I'm growing some sort of stomach ulcer too. I felt sick to my stomach all day today. Another reason to quit!

Lastchance186 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnamama View Post
    Hey all! Thanks for the responses. I didn't do so hot today. I went down 25 milligrams though but not what I expected. I will try again tomorrow. I feel like I'm growing some sort of stomach ulcer too. I felt sick to my stomach all day today. Another reason to quit!
    Hello Shawna

25 milligrams is a little less than you were using so congrats on making that change.. You are around the same usage I was on when I jumped cold turkey...

60 to 70 milligrams of oxy a day.... I jump from there, because I know me after trying to taper and say I was going too..
    As long as I know they were there I would use, until they were gone...

So I had no other choice but to jump felt like >>>>.... Not going to lye... or sugar coat but everyone is different as you may have seen on the board...

To stay clean I am going to remember everything it has robbed from me like a theft in the night, before I knew it 20 years had passed I was still using...

Don't let this be you because you said you want to have a baby, makes me say you are still young and able to have a quality life after the pills...

My heart always goes out for the young people on the board because I wish someone would have warned me told me, cannot say I would have listen but I would have had a choice to use or not to use...

When you know better you do better, get your life back now, you have all the tools you need to work with get it done and start living your new life...

You will be so grateful that you did....
    Ming23 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Shawna,
    Hey there and welcome to the forum. Cat is the absolute best person to have on your team. Everything she says is the Gods awful truth. She has WAY too much experience to ignore.
    Fortunately, I don't think your growing an ulcer. So that's something. I think it's anticipation of what your about to do. Your mind is really playing with you already! It really is going to be 90% mind game and 10% actual with-drawl symptoms. You've been on these long enough that your going to get some w/d's, but I think your brain is going to send you in a tailspin if you keep sweating this. Our brains have a tendency to create these incredible images that are just that.. Figments of our imagination.
    So, take EVERYTHING you've ever heard about w/d's and throw it out the window. Of course your still left with your own experiences to deal with. But I'm here to tell you that this is not only possible to get out from under these, it's very very probable if you want it bad enough,

How bad do you want to?? You have to visualize yourself free of whatever it is that these pills hold you back from doing. Do you have children? Be the parent you want to be. Be the daughter, sister, aunt, best friend, partner whatever it is that will make you a better person. Do it for yourself. That's a biggy
    And if I read your last post right didn't you say you "only reduced 25 mg" Guess what???? Your already reducing!!! Keep going. Go at your own pace. Even if it's just a snails pace, it's moving you toward your goal right?

Know that we ( and by we I mean many people) are here to root you on, answer any questions you have and of course be here to help you through the rough spots. If you start now, you'll be well on your way!!! So happy for you that you are making this move, because it is actually life changing. Your going to be amazed at what's on the other side, and how it's within your grasp.
    Blessings to you to keep up the fight!!! Keep posting, so we can walk through that door together!!!!
    Shelly

Anonymous Guest

Shawna,
    Sorry I just saw that you wanted to try and have a baby... Sweetheart that experience alone should give you the motivation to start your reduction, and get rid of them.
    Also one more thing that might help in this process. Giving your pills to someone you trust. If you and that person understand that this will not create friction in your relationship, but a bond that no on else can break. This will help with temptation, because let me tell you straight up, I don't know too many die hard users, that can resist the calling of those pills from your medicine cabinet. "Shawna, just take 1, it'll be ok" This is the best way to nip that in the b#utt. Cat usually catches that one, but she might be a little off her game. (Love you Cat)
    Good luck and keep us up to date, if you don't we might suspect that your still using. haha Just kidding, catch up when you can.
    Blessings
    Shelly

Quote Originally Posted by Reeray View Post
    Hi Shawnamama,

I am worried about detox too. I have been on hydrocodone and now oxycodone for the past 12-13 years and scared to death.

I have tapered down to 20-25mg. per day but can't seem to go any further.

I hope you get off these horrible pulls while you are still young. It does not get easier with time. I still don't have the guts after lurking here at least a year.

Many others have done it and we can too. We just need to do it. I wish you the best in your efforts to get clean.
    Hi Reeray,
    How are you doing today? Have you tried detoxing yet? It's scary, I know but I hope you are finding the strength.. I'm still waiting for mine. we will find it!

Thank you all for responding and helping me. You will have to excuse me, I am learning how to do these forums. To find my question I google my user name and "drugs" haha it works

So just from the 25 mg cut yesterday I woke up with the worst left leg pain.like I wanted to cut the thing off. I just don't know how people do this. I was literally dreaming about the pain. I dreamt I went to the doctor because I was in so much pain and he gave me a basket of any pill I wanted.. They were red and blue and yellow and shaped differently lol.. I woke up and was like oh no wonder.. Owwiee.. Bright side, at least I slept. I cut more mg tonight. So we'll see how that goes.
    When you all quit, did you feel like the biggest baby? I feel like the biggest baby ever,,, either I am or I have a low tolerance for pain.
    You know what else? I've been taking this garbage since 2009 just recently it's been making me kind of dizzy and nauseated. I hate the feeling but I continue to take it.
    I don't understand why.

Last chance- good for you! 20 years is a long time to take that jump! I hope you are proud of yourself thanks for the advice!

Cat- I see you are a regular here and give great advice- I'm sure I'm not the first to say I was taking the jump and then tapered instead. Sorry to disappoint. I'd like to quit all together by Monday. - seriously

Shelly- awe your positivity made me smile tonight when I read your uplifting words. I do want to have a baby and I will hold on to that image.
    I do agree with you about the mind games. Our own minds playing tricks on us, imagine that
    Here's a trick my mind plays on me. It actually helps me having pills there knowing I could take them at any moment if I wanted to. The last time I quit for 3 months a few years back I had 6 sitting in my desk drawer... When I'm out or I know my dad (a source) has them and won't give me any it makes me so mad I would just about do anything for them.. It's like I hate being told no or you can't so I do anything I can to defy. I thought this time around I would try to taper a bit and then quit. When two weeks goes by I'm going to throw it all out.
    Okay I've babbled. Thanks again for responding and listening, I'll keep you posted since you asked!

Reeray is offline Member

Hi Shawnamama,

Thank you for asking about me. I am feeling edgy today after just a .25mg. cut last night. I feel like the biggest baby ever. Lol. I know about the dreams too. I often wake up from bad dreams where I am hurt, only to realize I am in withdrawal as usual. It seems like my body is so sensitive to the least, minute cut.

How are you doing today after your cut yesterday?

Hang in there. Everyone is rooting for you here.