Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lilunwell
7 months clean of opiates and still lack of energy.
    lilunwell is offline New Member

Default 7 months clean of opiates and still lack of energy.

Ok I will say a lil about myself. I started drinking at 16ish I think It became a noticeable problem by 18. Was drinking atleast 4 days a week sometimes 7 days a week. Hurt my back at age 23 and was drinking and taking pain meds but that mixture was very bad news. Got in some trouble so I quit drinking. So from age 24 til 7 mths ago I only took pain meds and eventually to H. I am 36 now shooting H has been my love for the last 5 years prior to that was oxycontin for probably 3 years and before that was vicodin and percs. I went cold turkey 7 mths ago from H. I moved to family 10 hrs from home and just roughed it out. The first month was horrible. Im well past any type of withdraw however I still have very little energy. I honestly think about just going back home and going back to my old ways just so I can feel somewhat ok. I am not happy about much at all. I just wish I could get some energy and happiness. I guess what im looking for is others who have been there done that to help me understand what is going on. I mean is this why I started abusing in the first place? Is there an underlying issue here? Did I really mess my head up that much to where the only happiness or way to get energy is through using? Are there any OTC ways to promote a healthy energy? I really dont know what im after I just know things have to get better or its not going to end good. Thank you all in advance..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-10-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling unhappy and have no energy.

Do you exercise? How's your diet? These two things greatly affect how we feel.

I would highly recommend you also go to a thread called "Ask Ruth - AKA ARTIST658", under the Need To Talk section and post your question to her. She is a substance abuse counselor and can give you some guidance. She's also a recovering pill addict as well.

Good luck!
    Kat

I push mysself to get out as much as possible. I go hiking or walking the lakes and other outdoorsy type things yes. I feel a lil better when im doing things but soon as im ddone i just want to sleep or sit around. Diet is ok I have tried some vitamins and herbs from research online but have not had any relief with any of them. I guess it all goes back to the good old saying im just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I try and keep my hopes up that its going to get better but every single day im just getting sick of trying. Its so hard to convince myself that i will eventually feel better. But for now i just keep on keepin on but i dont know how long that will last. Just sucks. Thanks I will check out the ask ruth. :-) Much appreciated

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I know, I totally get it. I'm currently tapering off Subutex and already have nasty depression, anxiety, major irritability and zero energy. I'm scared it will get worse before it gets better. And for you to be clean for 7 months and still feel that way really scares me. Don't know if I can handle that kind of long term "blues". Yuck.

Have you tried St John's Wort? It works really well for a lot of people. Also, L-Tyrosine with vitamin B6 gives you a boost of energy. Just thought I'd mention that.

I feel for you. You should be so proud of 7 months clean though! That's awesome.
    Kat

Kat please dont assume that just because I feel this way that you will. I hope for your sake that its just me having an underlying problem. I have been through rehabs and always went back, I was on suboxone and when I came off that it was worse than coming off dope so ultimately I went back to dope. Its a tough battle. I could not manage to get clean staying where I grew up so i had to move. I moved 10 hours away to get away from my "foundation" or home. I tried every way possible to get clean but always resorted back to my old ways. If I was home I think for sure I would be using. I just hate this feeling of yuck. I have tried st johns wart, L-tyosine B-6 I have also tried niacin and a few other herbal things. I mean dont get me wrong I am not sick by any means physically. Its all just the mental and down and out feelings. I hate it. 7 months is a huge deal to me yes. This is the longest ever from me and it feels great to not be out begging borrowing and stealing to be well. But in the same breath I felt better about everything in life when I was. Sad but true. I know that feeling of being "untouchable" while high is not what I want or need I just need happiness and motivation. Ughhh Thank you so much for the reply and keep strong and best of luck with the subutex. It is rough but you CAN do it!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

moonbuddy is offline New Member

Lilunwel....
    7 months is awesome. Three years ago I jumped off 200mcgs of fentanyl patches and it took a long time to feel better. Taking my dogs out for runs helped a lot, but mostly
    it was time and just putting one foot in front of the other. Every month was better but I knew I wasn't quite right until all of a sudden between work and family I realized wow, I'm ok, I made it thru and it just snuck up on me.
    Don't give up now, you may not feel 100% for awhile but you are at the turning point.
    Like Ruth told you, exercise, and for me anyway I had long time friends from NA that helped also. This forum helped me as well.
    No special vitamins helped me very much but getting out of my comfort zone did, I tried some new things and even switched jobs which was all very scary but worth it.
    One day the black cloud starts receding and energy and appetite and interest in things sneaks back. It took between 6 months to a year for things to start falling in place. I took a trip to see a friend at 6 months and had to make myself go through with it. It was the start of expanding my comfort zone.
    After 2 years I looked back and realized after making that first turn, just about where you are now, it was downhill from there. You are so close, hang tight!
    Shadow