7 years chasing the high is finally over
    drewfree1989 is offline New Member

Default 7 years chasing the high is finally over

hey, im 43 year old male in Indy. been addicted to vicodin,lortab,oxycontin,fentanyl patch, zanax a little, say that because i only use it or did use it for like a day binge then wouldn't use for next days of month so never really got hooked on those, thank god. finaally came to realize im sick and tired of the pill counting,will i run out early,do i have enough til my friend gets his...so on and so on. realized for me at least that a day rehab wouldnt work because i know damn good and well I would come out and associate with users and be right back into it. I need opiate replacement therapy so I have been on Methadone since sept. im on 88 my methadone. Yes I have heard the horror stories but I know my body and opiate therapy was my only choice. So I'm here and like reading everyone's posts knowing I'm not alone. I will beat this it will just take time. As things develop I will post and seek advice and can even give some. Good to know caring people like you in same boat as me. Thanks all.

Just came to a point where I was spending every last dollar to feed my addiction. Drugs had to be first and last business of the day. Everything planned around it and the awful fear of getting sick so I just got fed up and said if I can just stable myself long enough to learn to not chase drugs, cut ties, focus on myself,my family,friends, or mending with friends I had lost things would get better. That is why I chose opiate replacement as a way to eliminate the sickness fear so I can work on the mental side and then address the physical one with methadone after that. Going to be a long road but at least I am on a road because 2 months ago I was off the road in a pit of dispair,shame,I'll,u.nhappy which was making everyone around me unhappy and that isn't fair to them.

Default Taper down

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-09-2014 at 02:43 AM.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there!
    Welcome to the site?
    Is there any reason you didn't induce to suboxone this time instead of methadone?
    Since they are both opiate replacement therapy drugs.
    Just wondering..

But please be careful I was gonna stay on it a little while and now 10 years later I am finally off of it but now I am having to taper off the suboxone I jumped to ..
    I could not taper the methadone I was to addicted to it..
    So 5 1/2 months ago I jumped from 150 mg methadone to sub and it was relatively easy..
    During that 10 years I stayed clean from everything else but really did no other kind of recovery work.
    This past 5 months I have changed more things in my life for the good than I did that whole 10 years..
    So hopefully you will get more than methadone to help you with this disease cuz I don't know anyone who has put it in remission with methadone only..

Take care and please keep posting you are a great source of info to others interested in ORT
    Iluv2

Hey luv2smile. I chose methadone because my decision was an abrupt one, and I just thought that after years of usage I probably needed a full agonist for now. Suboxone is a partial if I'm correct. Yes I know methadone is addictive, definitely is. I needed something to get rid of ALL cravings and withdrawal symptons. Even though I now will be dependent on methadone it is far far better than the everyday hunt for pills so you don't get sick which in itself was very very expensive. Here a 10mg Percocet will go for 8$ so at 10 to 12 a day your talking $100 a day. I also was sucking on pieces of fentanyl patch as well. Right now I have been very stable at 88mg of methadone for 3 weeks now. I don't see me going over 100 over the next 12 to 18 months while I learn about my addiction and triggers for relapse and all the mental side of addiction. Tapering is tricky but I know it can be done down to 30mg to make the switch to low 4 to 6mg suboxone induction and once stable I will taper off that over period of 3 months. That is the plan, and I'm sure there will be roadbumps so I deal with those when they happen. But I have to have a plan because it helps guide me to accomplish smaller goals that will lead to accomplish the major goal. To be free of all maintenance by January 2016, 15 months from now. How are you doing on the subs?