Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By GoodDaysAhead
  • 1 Post By JC2004
  • 1 Post By Huskers124
72 days clean from Opiates bad anxiety
    JC2004 is offline New Member

Default 72 days clean from Opiates bad anxiety

I am 72 days clean from Opiates,but now I am having severe anxiety.

I have anxiety during the day,and real bad at night that keeps me from sleeping.I feel like I am going to lose mind mind at times.

I was just starting to sleep after the acute withdrawal,but the last three or four days I have been paralyzed with anxiety and fear.

I can't even shut my eyes without making my anxiety worse.

Is this normal?

I can not take Benzos,and will not take kratom.

Has anyone else in recovery suffered like this?

Thanks in advance
    JC

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Hey JC...congrats on 72 days off opioids! This is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud of what you've done. Also, great to hear you choosing not to go to Benzos or Kratom. It is not uncommon to experience anxiety even months after the acute stage. I still was experiencing anxiety and anhedonia months after I jumped, but I didn't taper as low as I should have. What were you taking and what mg were you on when you stopped? Tapering correctly seems to be a major factor when it comes to easing withdrawals. It's just getting your body used to lower and lower doses so your system isn't shocked when finally stopping. Hope you get some relief soon. Keep posting...talking with others who have similar experiences often helps a lot. Again, good job on how far you've come. Good stuff.
    Lvg nghtmare and JC2004 like this.

JC2004 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDaysAhead View Post
    Hey JC...congrats on 72 days off opioids! This is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud of what you've done. Also, great to hear you choosing not to go to Benzos or Kratom. It is not uncommon to experience anxiety even months after the acute stage. I still was experiencing anxiety and anhedonia months after I jumped, but I didn't taper as low as I should have. What were you taking and what mg were you on when you stopped? Tapering correctly seems to be a major factor when it comes to easing withdrawals. It's just getting your body used to lower and lower doses so your system isn't shocked when finally stopping. Hope you get some relief soon. Keep posting...talking with others who have similar experiences often helps a lot. Again, good job on how far you've come. Good stuff.
    HI GoodDaysAhead

Thanks for replying.
    I was taking Norco and Oxycodone, 30-40mg(mostly Norco) A day,and using Kratom.I didn't do A proper taper,really I just jumped.

I do feel like my body is still in shock.
    I have been having severe anxiety for the the last 4 days.
    When bedtime comes it gets really bad,makes me afraid to even attempt to go to bed.

I am told that all of this is PAWS,but what I can't understand is,I was just starting to sleep some what better,and then I was hit with severe anxiety that keeps me from sleeping.The anxiety makes me feel that I am losing my mind sometimes.

I am in this alone which seems to make it even harder to deal with.

I guess that I am afraid that I am going to stuck like this forever.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Huskers124 is offline New Member

I was going through the same thing! They put me on hydroxyzine and it worked like right away. The anxiety with last for probably a couple months. Anti-depressants may help as well.
    JC2004 likes this.