Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
72hours off opiates
    Oxynz is offline Junior Member

Default 72hours off opiates

Hi everyone I'm struggling through day 3 at the moment, any tips

Had morning off work and don't wanna lose job I'm sure my boss will be getting sick of my time off have relapsed a couple times which has stoked the fire, I love the fact I not taking anything and have no desire too just want help with these horrible withdrawals

I know tomorrow I should start feeling better than today just gotta make it through day 3

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Oxynz, congratulations on taking this positive step and getting off opioids. There are many things to help aid in the withdrawal period. L-Tyrosine can help with mood and endorphins, L-Theanine can help with sleep, fresh fruit and vegetables and a good multivitamin is a good idea. If you haven’t yet, check out The Thomas Recipe online...it details some good things in there—-minus the benzos. Benzodiazepines are very addictive and doesn’t take long before dependence can occur. You’re doing great. Keep it up.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxynz View Post
    Hi everyone I'm struggling through day 3 at the moment, any tips

Welcome, Oxynz -

Can you share a little more info with us? What was your drug of choice being careful not to mention illegal or illicit drugs by name?
    How long were you abusing drugs, and anything else you can tell us about you. If you're on day 3 you can expect the worst of the wd symptoms to be over either today, tomorrow, or the following day. Then the days will get better and better.

Maybe try the Thomas Recipe like GoodDaysAhead mentioned. Here's the link..https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Leave out the benzo in the recipe unless you've been taking one for a while. Benzo's are highly addictive and are the worst to detox from. Much worse than opiates. Get some exercise if possible as that will help endorphin production. Eat a protein rich diet and drink some protein shakes for energy improvement. Fresh fruit and veggies as GoodDaysAhead suggested will also be beneficial to you. Vitamins B6, B12, and B Complex will also help you through. On the medicine side theres Clonidine that's a blood pressure med prescribed for opiate wd's often. See your doctor fof that.

Keep posting as that really helps too. Tell us how you're feeling, get your thoughts out, rant and rave if you want. It all helps. Take care and all the best to you.

Randy

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Oxynz,

A quick note—the amino acid L-phenylalanine can help with the production of endorphin and L-Tyrosine can aid in dopamine. Also, if you’re able, light exercise will help you begin to feel better. Just keep it light and try not to overdo it.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Oxynz, welcome to the forums, and good for you for taking your life back! In addition to the other great tips, lots of hot baths/showers really helped me. Make sure to stay hydrated as well, water/gatoraide and/or bananas/potassium supplements will only help. You should be through the thick of it soon, so just hang in there and keep at it!!

Thank you guys so much for your positive replies, I was severely assaulted and hospitalised, underwent 3 operations and given much pain relief, that was 10months ago, since then I have been taking between 60 and 100mg oxycodone everyday and as I said have tried twice before to stop, this time I know inside myself I'm not turning back just feel like crying and vomiting and so flat and emotional and of course feeling pain again, I am inviting a straight future with open arms just really struggling at this point, I have done 7 days straight before and know that by day 5 things were really getting better, the anxiety is crippling me at work as I can't concentrate or function so I invite all the help support and recommendations to make it through this time

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hopefully the anxiety starts to subside, and that the worst is about over for you. For the pain, I found that ibuprofen helped me a lot more than I realized versus when I was on the oxy. Also I used, and still use, aspercreme or gold bond creme with lidocaine in it on my knee and lower back. They also make a patch you can use. My work is pretty physically demanding, so I get pushing through the pain to get things done.

Day 3 is still pretty much in the thick of it, but you should be seeing the other side soon. Everybody recovers differently because our metabolisms vary, but hopefully you'll start to see a positive change soon. Like you said, you know from past experience that day 5 can be the turning point for you. I'm guessing sleep is still pretty spotty, so rest when you can. It will return as well, and that will help you feel better and give more energy as well.

Thank you so much for taking your time to reply to me, although I have support its still that dreaded alone feeling I struggle with and that's part of the anxiety, will have to look up amino acids suggested as I live in new zealand some things can be harder to come across, I'm welcoming a 2 weeks holiday I have coming up and also made this choice now as I didn't want to be dull for my wife and children on xmas day or using for that matter, any posts and comments are greatly appreciated and received as it helps me know I am not alone, I don't know any other users so that is a help but also gives an isolated feeling.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Congratulations and welcome to this amazing place!! Just got caught up and sounds like you've recieved amazing advice/suggestions. I've been taking dl-phenylalanine, multivitamin, b-12, b-complex, magnesium, and zinc. And I eat 2 bananas a day. These supplements definately helped me get back to a sense of "normal" or whatever normal is now. I'm just shy of 3 months clean off of a 5 year suboxone addiction. I feel better every day, some days are still a bit off. But it doesn't linger. Stay active, drink tons of water/Gatorade. Get on here and post/read as much as you need to. We are all here cheering you on. Keep doing the next right thing!! It will be behind you soon!! It only gets better.

Beef
    DravenDomnq and GoodDaysAhead like this.

Thanks and congratulations to yourself!! From all that I have read in the past about subs you are doing extremely well. I'm already taking b vits, mag and zinc and theanine, will buy some bananas today. It's really painful now, have burst onto tears twice already today so am definitely in the thick of it, trying to smile and laugh but it seems impossible, I've had 3 anxiety attacks aswell in as many days so I'm already on edge just know I have to keep on, the clean future is within reach and like I've mentioned my arms are wide open, there is no going back even though I feel >>>> now I know I moving forward to a bright future. I can't wait!!!! Much love to everyone out there suffering and in good health, we all deserve wellness in our lives

Brotop is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxynz View Post
    Thanks and congratulations to yourself!! From all that I have read in the past about subs you are doing extremely well. I'm already taking b vits, mag and zinc and theanine, will buy some bananas today. It's really painful now, have burst onto tears twice already today so am definitely in the thick of it, trying to smile and laugh but it seems impossible, I've had 3 anxiety attacks aswell in as many days so I'm already on edge just know I have to keep on, the clean future is within reach and like I've mentioned my arms are wide open, there is no going back even though I feel >>>> now I know I moving forward to a bright future. I can't wait!!!! Much love to everyone out there suffering and in good health, we all deserve wellness in our lives
    Welcome to the group oxynz!! Congratulations on your choice for a better life for you and your family. I myself just started my journey 2 weeks ago.
    The people on this forum know what they are talking about and they are great people who are very welcoming to everyone that posts. They truly have your best interests in mind and will have your back 100% you for sure found the right place to be for support. I am just into my journey and don't really have as much knowledge as everyone else on here, however if you ever feel like you need someone to talk to I am here. I'm always up for a good convo or emotional support. I have the gift of gab that I got from mom lol. Just remember you are not alone!! I look forward to talking to ya.
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.

Thank you so very much, can I ask how many days before you started feeling relief from the physical pain, I know I will get through this I guess it's just some sort of timing I'm looking for, I do know everyone is different, I'm sure the way I feeling isn't getting worse, still reasonably unbearable but not worse, I do want relief but compared to all the pain and struggle I have been through I know this is so do-able

Quote Originally Posted by Brotop View Post
    Welcome to the group oxynz!! Congratulations on your choice for a better life for you and your family. I myself just started my journey 2 weeks ago.
    The people on this forum know what they are talking about and they are great people who are very welcoming to everyone that posts. They truly have your best interests in mind and will have your back 100% you for sure found the right place to be for support. I am just into my journey and don't really have as much knowledge as everyone else on here, however if you ever feel like you need someone to talk to I am here. I'm always up for a good convo or emotional support. I have the gift of gab that I got from mom lol. Just remember you are not alone!! I look forward to talking to ya.
    Thanks brotop, great piece of support which is much needed believe me

I feel so much guilt for what I've put my family through, it is honestly as if your eyes just open one day, I know deep in my heart I will not use again, it is hell on that stuff and it puts you through even more hell getting off it, I keep looking forward to xmas that is my driving power right now, just gotta to get through tomoro and my symptoms should start residing, they keep peaking in and out with anxiety attacks god this is horrible, ya ask yourself why you ever did this to yourself, well I am. Out of hospital I finished my script and got onto someone a month later with heaps of the stuff, what's a harmless few pills gonna do, now 10months later in living hell

Worked up the energy to go for a bike ride with my wife and youngest daughter and it was amazing, really got into the moment, smelt the smells, looked at the trees, its a lovely summers day in new zealand and I live by the beach which we biked along, I've forgotten how wonderful my life is I just can't wait for everyday to pass and be happier and healthier

Hi everyone I've hit the 120 hour mark and am feeling way better, still not 100% but never want to re live the last 120 ever again it was pure hell, those cravings are terrible especially when your dealer is trying to still sell to me, I'm laughing at him, he's tried a couple times but I've just ignored him, my god and family I will never ever take that detour of life again, I'm feeling REAL happiness, cuddling my wife and kids, I'm full of love and emotion and it's overwhelming but amazing at the same time. What a success this will be, xmas on the horizon and a big bright new year!! Love to everyone suffering I know your pain and am here for you all xx

Mikeski91 is offline Junior Member

Hey Oxynz I am proud of you! You've gotten thru the worst of the physical part which is GREAT. keep that same energy you have now and you will be fine. What amazes me most is that you said you ignored your dealer. I personally have a VERY hard time with doing that and that everybody I know are users. It's hard to break away. I am going to try and jump Tomorrow. This is going to suck but success stories really Motivate me to push thru. This is going to be hard for me. Oxy has become such of a daily habit I don't know how else or what else to do without them. I've lost my job due to me not going because I'm scared of withdrawal. I went to work once with no oxy and I couldn't function. Especially when I work with people. Keep it up! I'm happy you made it through to the other side. I'll be right behind you!

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Mike welcome back, give us an update did you try the sub taper? Yes the withdrawals are scary but you have to want this more than anything for yourself. I had to change people places and things, nothing changes if nothing changes. I will looking for you update. We are all here to support you. No need to start a new thread stick with the last one you were posting on.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Yes Mike do keep posting, I've hit the 1week mark and loving life. It's so not over but only gets better and easier, I almost feel re born in a way. Still have some negative influential people a which I'm weeding out of my life, delete their numbers but they still have mine to try contact me. I just ignore them, wish I could just change my number but it's a work number which has been active for 10 years so that's a bit hard, I just make it part of my challenge. Anyway enough rambling just so incredibly up beat, this is the time when I will remain extremely vigilant on myself. Much love and merry Xmas!!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Forceout is offline Member

Hello Oxynz,

Congratulations for getting this done. I've been following your thread.

Proud for and of you. You are an inspiration for so many already. I love seeing someone break the vicious cycle with such unabashed determination.!! You should be very exited to get this done for you and your family. I'm not too far ahead of you at 36 days. Keep racking up the clean time and enjoying your family. They are the important thing now for you!

Remember this: one day at a time

Forceout
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-16-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Truncated post

Good morning/evening everyone, depending on where you are in the world, just wanted to catch up on everyone's progress and tell everyone of mine, I'm waking to my nineth day clean and I can honestly say that it gets so incredibly good again on the other side, my life that I'm reclaiming on a daily basis just keeps getting better. It's certainly not without its flaws but what life isn't! But no matter how hard it gets and how much it throws at me it's still not as bad as being addicted to opiates. I think about the drugs alot but those cravings are only for a few mins at a time then I can carry on with life. I'd like to reach out to anyone thinking bout taking the leap, don't procrastinate, do it today, life only gets better and easier with every minute of the day. The first few days it feels impossible but if you manage those then your well on your way. The time is now. You have all the love and support needed right here! Thank you to all the kindness in people's hearts and my own will power I am a success thus far and will continue to be into the new year. Merry Christmas to all

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Great update!!! Congratulations, it only gets better from here. Just keep doing what you're doing. Everything's normal. Awesome on the sleep. That's usually the last thing to balance out, just take the sleep as it comes. I'm sure you'll have a few nights of tossing and turning occasionally but they will subside and become less frequent. You're doing amazing!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Keep doing the next right thing!
    Beef
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Thank you beef, and congratulations to yourself. Very happy this side of life!

LivingOxyHell is offline New Member

Congratulations Oxynz!! Overcoming Opioid addiction was the hardest thing I've ever gone threw.
    I can't relate to your thread 100% and truly admire your strength.
    The first few weeks are the roughest but then it's more of a mental battle after that.
    Keep fighting the monster and never let it win.
    50 days clean off some heavy abuse for me.
    It's very possible if you set your mind to it and truly want to kick.
    Stay strong your not out of the woods yet but your almost there!
    Good luck!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted, I'm now on day 11, and yes I hear you about the mental battle, as soon as the going gets tough the cravings get going! Haha it's horrible but I guess I've found an inner strength to hold onto that is stronger than those cravings, also there was a documentary played last night here in New Zealand (yes we do have tv) on specifically opiates and it really hit home, help keep those foundations I decided to quit with nice and reinforced, I've made plans of attack for my cravings so I can confront them straight on and see them for exactly what they are, just cravings, I'm allowed to have them it's just what I decide to do with them that makes the difference. Thanks again to the very supportive community of people on here, merry Christmas everyone

10years39days is online now Member

Merry Christmas! I’m right here with you - it’s possibly gonna be your most memorable Christmas yet. What you are doing...it’s something to be so proud of.

Anonymous Guest

Congrats and happy holidays Oxynz! Looks like you’re through the acute withdrawals, which is good. I know when I was going through it all I felt it would never end. I felt better after it ended but then out of the blue a month later I got extremely depressed, so stay vigilant. Not everyone goes through exactly the same recovery process, so I hope your path in smooth sailing!

Jollysgurl is offline New Member

Did you make it oxynz? Just read your thread and wondering. I'm on day 6 no hydro so just in here looking around to see howmany of us make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast