Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes
8mg Suboxone Cold Turkey Jump Day 11
    James19871 is offline Member

Thanks Yung, I appreciate the kind words!!

Ming, congratulations! That's a huge milestone! I'm very happy for you!!

Technically day 30, but I cheated and used Kratom a few times which probably delayed progress a bit. I only used it 3 times when I felt like I was going to snap. Better than than going back to subs though! My RLS was unbearable. It was pretty bad for 16 days straight. After day 16 my symptoms really started to calm down and become intermittent. Keep in mind I was on the sub for 12 years, you won't suffer like I did. Plus you did a proper taper. As of today I feel like a completely different person! My fiancé is blown away with how much happier and compassionate I am. The withdrawals are a small price to pay to feel like this! Even though I'm suffering with PAWS, it's a joke compared to my acute phase.

Your going to do great! Just reach out anytime you need moral support. It helps I promise! I wouldn't have made it through without reading all the success stories. Please keep us posted! Day 1 almost down!!

YungBruh is offline Junior Member

Nice man how much did you come off of and how do you feel?

Doing anything to help?

Hi Yung,

Sounds like your still hanging tough, I'm proud of yea! I know it gets a little hard to type during WD, so I'm thrilled that your keeping in touch!

I stopped at around 1.5mg. My only lingering issues as of today are Insomnia, mild bouts of anxiety, and low energy. Energy can take time to get back, so don't get discouraged. I've been told that by many. Like clockwork, whenever I lay down my body gets that creepy crawly feeling and I toss and turn. I am dealing with it right now actually. It's nowhere near as bad as it was in the first 2 weeks though. It's bearable, just annoying yea know. To be honest allot of people I talk to can get sleep during withdrawal, just maybe not a whole 8 hours a night. I would kill for at least 2 hours a night lol. I hope that you'll be one of the lucky ones!

My biggest things that help relax my anxiety are as followed:

1. Long hot baths and/or showers right before bed.
    2. Talking on the forums to all you wonderful supportive people!
    3. Music (use headphones)!!! I have found this and baths to be the most theroputic when bad anxiety hits.
    4. Instead of tossing and turning all night, I'll get up and do something calming rather then get myself frustrated. I realize it could be a long time to get normal sleep back, and I'm fine with that. I can at least use coping mechanisms so I can sit in peace while suffering insomnia.

I realize that I've been poisoning my brain for 15 years with some form of a chemical, so I'm just soooo happy to be through the worst of things. If you can make it through the acute phase, it's all downhill from there. Each day is more rewarding than the last. Sometimes you just have a bad day, it will feel like you went backwards. Don't get discouraged by that, it happens.

Just to reiterate, your withdrawals symptoms will be much less severe than mine. The last thing you need is to read horror stories right now. Your preparation and strength will get you through this, along with us whenever needed. If your struggling with any one symptom let me know and I'll let you know how I coped with it. I've tried just about everything under the sun for withdrawal. I can at least tell you what worked for me and what didn't.

One last comment, I recently started a natural drug called Deplin. My doctor highly recommended it, he's an amazing doctor too. Hes helped me so much over the past year with natural supplements and vitamins (non chemical based drugs). I refuse to take a chemical based drugs ever again since anytime I have, I've always suffered every side effect possible. For example, SSRIs and SSNRIs have made my depression ten times worse! The problem was that suboxone was causing my depression! So all along all I had to do was dump the damn suboxone!! Anyway, Deplin is L-Methylfolate on steroids. It's ten times stronger than what you can buy OTC. From what I'm told, it breaches the blood brain barrier much more effectively than OTC folic acid. It's very key for helping your brain naturally start firing it's neurotransmitters, in other words it combats depression, anxiety, etc... We feel bad during withdrawal due to our neurotransmitters sitting idle. Since it's a much stronger than OTC natural supplements, you need an RX through your doctor. You can only get it through a natural compounding pharmacy. And the best part, there are 0 side effects, unlike RX SSRIs. I highly recommend at least discussing it with your doctor asap. It can tremendously speed recovery by helping kickstart your brain! I also recommend getting some blood work when you feel better. I found out I had a vitamin D defficeny. My doctor put me on RX strength vitamin D2 and it helped me allot. I can't stress how important these natural supplements to are for your body to repair. I've been on a natural/organic kick for many years now, it's the way to go. Our bodies weren't designed for all these big pharma chemical based drugs, thats what my doctor always tells me. Like I said, he's a rare MD, most of them only push the big pharma drugs. Hope this helps.

Gotta get back to tossing and turning lol, hope to hear from you soon!

James
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-02-2016 at 03:40 AM.

James

I use all of the above also... I take really hot showers with a playlist and my Bluetooth speaker. I stay in there for about an hour twice a day.

I never heard of that RX before but I'll definitely talk to my Doctor about it next week, thanks.

I think I have 30-31 days today and my main problem (like most) is the lack of energy. I'm up by 8 o clock every morning Feeling amped but I struggle to get up and move. I try to remember that I can still do whatever I want. I'm not missing any limbs and I'm not passing out anymore.

My arms and hands hurt a little and my legs do too. I can't work my legs out at the gym because they start to
    Cramp immediately regardless of how hydrated I am. I honestly can't think of anything more I could be doing to help myself. If I had more money I'd be somewhere where it's summer and be on a clean clean diet. I'd also be getting some massages at a spa

I'm doing good regardless.

I was drinking C4 pre workout everyday instead of coffee but I'm out and it's really expensive. Coffee helps a little but not really. When I go to the gym and start exercising I start to
    Generate energy naturally and I love it.

A lot of this is about me putting in the effort and the ball starts rolling then I
    Pick up momentum. It is a beautiful struggle indeed.

Why do you think my detox will be less severe? Were you taking more than 8mg also?

I hope we ALL feel A 1 soon...

Hi Yung,

I'm right there with you as far as lack of energy. I started drinking vitamin infused water while taking B12 sublinguals throughout the day, on top of all the other supplements and vitamins that I take. It's really helps me push through the days when the lethargy kicks in! I've talked to allot of people about this and unfortunately your energy is typically the last thing to come back. But compared to acute withdrawals it's not bad at all in my opinion. My RLS and anxiety was so freaking bad!!

The Deplin is pricey but ALLOT of people swear by it. Look up some reviews online if you get time. I swear that I felt it the first day I took it, which was as of yesterday. It's not like a typical SSRI that takes 6 weeks to start working. Some insurances will actually cover some of it too. Mine does.

I hear you, my limbs feel 100 pounds sometimes lol. Once again, I'll take anything over RLS lol.

I'm afraid to start drinking coffee just yet. Has it given you any anxiety? I do love a coffee in the morning which I haven't had for months. I'm just worried it will make my symptoms flare up.

I owe you an apology, I've been talking to allot of people and I got you mixed up with someone else. I mixed you up with someone who just started their detox. The main thing to remember is that the worst of it is over for you. 30 days is a a HUGE accomplishment! That's a great milestone. I tapered somewhat low but I feel I'm in the exact some boat as you as far as the way you feel. I hear that the second month is usually where energy will start to improve. Only time will tell for us.

Keep in touch, hang in there Yung!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-02-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Day 33:

i hope I can look back on my posts one day soon and laugh at where I was.

Unfortunately, I am not laughing today... I'm beginning to feel really worn out by all of this. I told everyone closest to me that I would be back in 1 week because that's what I honestly thought it would take but here I am almost 5 weeks in and still looking for the end.

Seriously what the fuxk gives? 5 weeks off an 8mg jump I was on for about 10-11 months. I'm so over it right now I still feel like I'm going to have diarrhea and my arms and legs are super restless.

My palms sweat from the anxiety and I can barely sleep more than 5 hours. When I do sleep I often wake up really confused about what is going on and why my body is aching.

I'm complaining a whole bunch which is pretty dumb because I'm not going back to any opiate or whatever and most days I'm like 80% but I'm just sick & tired.

How long can this possibly go on for?
    sunskyriver likes this.

Hi Yung,

I too had a very bad day today. I'm around the same day as you and feeling exactly the same. Today was my first day back to work and needless to say I couldn't even go. I ended up barely putting in 6 hours from home. It was unbearable. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the week. My energy is getting worse by the day. I can barely workout right now. I swear I felt better a week ago. It's very discouraging. Aren't we suppose to be getting better, not worse!!!!!

My symptoms are very similar, anxiety, insomnia, physical pain, sweating, etc.... I'm also having horrid dreams every night, either about suboxone or someone trying to kill me. So if the pain and anxiety don't wake me, the horrid dreams certainly take care of that. Last night I woke up with a terrible tingling/pressure in my brain. On top of that my stomach was worse than its been this whole time. I completely lost my appetite today on top of all the other BS. You couldn't pay me a billion dollars to take another suboxone, I mean that!!!! I'm so over this >>>>!!

Since you were venting, I figured it was safe to jump in lol. Try not to get discouraged, this will be a permanent deterrent from using In the future. As bad it is, we'll never forget it.

Just know your not alone, and one day it will be well worth it!! Hang in there, keep in touch.

James
    Pixiepoxie likes this.

Hi Yung,

How are you doing bud? You hanging In there? Symptoms letting up at all?

I was right with you 2 days ago, as of yesterday things started looking up a bit for me. I got 4 hours sleep Monday night and 6 hours last night!!!! That is huge for me! More sleep than I've had in over 4 weeks. Now my RLS and anxiety only flares up before bed. As long as I literally run from my shower to my bed, and turn all the lights off, I get some descent sleep as of Monday night. It's amazing what sleep does for your whole demeanor.

Hope your still hanging tough. Just wanted to let you know that your symptoms should break any day now. Your in the final stretch my friend. Drop us a line if you feel up to it, let us know your okay.

James

James!

You were absolutely right. I'm at day 38 and all the lingering symptoms are very minimal. I'd say I feel about 90% most of the time. I wake up at 8 o clock and hit the gym, sauna, steam room and ride my bike a few hours. By the time I get home around 11-12 at night I am pretty beat. I might take some melatonin to stay asleep but luckily I get about 7 hours and I'm ll let myself lay in bed for an hour and listen to music and plan my day.

I'm real glad I did this but I don't recommend it to anyone who isn't 110% commited because it literally rocks your world for about 2 months. At least my experience was this way at 8mg after almost 1 year.

I get cravings but I'm building habits that make those easy to shake.

Be Strong it's almost over!!!
    Pixiepoxie likes this.

Oxy-moronic is offline Banned

Hey bruh and James.
    You guys are absolute badasses. 6 years ago I went CT off of subs and I weaned down to 1 mg every other day before I jumped. Man oh man, seriously, you guys rock! For me the haze and pain and stomach issues and lethargy didn't really begin to fade until 7 weeks in and I still didn't feel great. Week 10 seemed to be the magic number for me. After week 10 I noticed daily progression and it only gets better from there. Physically I was back but not mentally. It was at least a year and a half before I was back to 100% at 6 months I remember thinking heck yeah! I'm 100% but then 3 months would go by and I would notice that I was even better than before. That continued for 18 months total.

I am at the end of day six CT from roxi. No subs this time!!!!!!! I was in a car accident and the doc gave me a script and I was off to the races after 6 years clean. Fortunately I caught it ,although it did take close to 5 months to "catch" myself. But I did and I feel fortunate.
    Anyhow. You guys are right at the finish line. You might want to change your name to Crew Jones cause what your doing is rad and you guys have definitely been riding Hell Track!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy-moronic View Post
    Hey bruh and James.
    You guys are absolute badasses. 6 years ago I went CT off of subs and I weaned down to 1 mg every other day before I jumped. Man oh man, seriously, you guys rock! For me the haze and pain and stomach issues and lethargy didn't really begin to fade until 7 weeks in and I still didn't feel great. Week 10 seemed to be the magic number for me. After week 10 I noticed daily progression and it only gets better from there. Physically I was back but not mentally. It was at least a year and a half before I was back to 100% at 6 months I remember thinking heck yeah! I'm 100% but then 3 months would go by and I would notice that I was even better than before. That continued for 18 months total.

I am at the end of day six CT from roxi. No subs this time!!!!!!! I was in a car accident and the doc gave me a script and I was off to the races after 6 years clean. Fortunately I caught it ,although it did take close to 5 months to "catch" myself. But I did and I feel fortunate.
    Anyhow. You guys are right at the finish line. You might want to change your name to Crew Jones cause what your doing is rad and you guys have definitely been riding Hell Track!
    Hey Oxy-m
    Glad you're on day 6 off the roxys.
    Sorry u had such a bad time on the subs, but u jumped from a High dose and suffered for a year and a half as a result. This is what we are trying to avoid happen to people and we don't suggest anyone jump from such a big dose. But u made it.
    Now ur kicking roxys.
    Wishing you determination and better days...
    We know how hard life can be but it's so much better on this side...
    Rooting for you

Hi Yung,

How you doing? Hanging in there?

What's up James!

I'm almost at day 50 I've lost count...
    I'm back in business but it's not been easy...
    I have to really push myself to get up and go in the mornings but that's how I start my days
    And once I'm out I'm always feeling better. Constantly smiling and laughing with new people.

I very very randomly met a new friend on the train who I've been working on some art projects with. After a week of hanging out we discovered both of us were trying to kick suboxone at the same time. Very cool to me as there's millions of people in New York, this guys way cool, & now I can offer help to someone who's never been through this shxt.

I woke up in a sweat with the chills and teary eyes. My legs are restless as I write this. This withdrawal has lingered way longer than I ever would have anticipated. Had I known it would've been this way I would not have done it, so thank God I didn't know

Anyway, the bottom line is life is so much better on the other side. I only wish I had quit sooner.

The symptoms are literally just becoming a part of my everyday get through so whenever they subside it'll be great. I'll be that much better.

I'm also always hungry and have tons more energy. Being off this >>>> is great.
    UncleLeo and Iluv2smile like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Wow day 50! That's just...wow. You're rolling your boulder downhill now these days. Great to hear. And thanks for sharing both the ups and downs of it all. Def helps me keep the spirit going...and the story about the friend kickin sub too...god damn this stuff EVERYWHERE these days, even so slightly hidden but seriously huge. I don't know if Indivior (the sub people) have released their 2015 full year numbers yet publicly - but it's something like a billion dollars in the US alone. And you get the feeling that number could easily double over next few years...

Hi Yung,

I hear you buddy! You are kicking a** to say the least. I'm very happy for you!!! You'll be at the 3 month mark before you know it. I also feel the same way, I have smiled and laughed more than I have in the past 41 days than I have in the past 12 years on suboxone. Your inspiring myself and many others!!

That's really cool that you randomly met someone going also through the wrath of suboxone. It's very rewarding trying to help others while your going through it yourself. It gives you something to do that you can feel good about. Very productive for you and your new friend.

I'm dealing with the same lingering symptoms that you are. I agree, I never thought this sh** would last so long. As long as one has the deterimination and attitude much like yourself, anyone can do this.

I hear you! I wasted 12 years on this sh**. My life's been great for the past 10 years. I just got complacent and I feared withdrawals. I had to hit my breaking point before I decided to quit. Better late than never I guess. I just turned 32 so it could be worse. Just hoping I bounce back soon!

I too have a very hard time in the morning. I have a 2 hour ritual that includes listening to music, long shower, supplements, and breakfast. I have to wake up by 4 or 5 so I can get to work 7 or 7:30 lol. This is mainly because of my low energy and lack of motivation. I tried working out in the am instead of pm, but I end up just half a**ing it.

Couple questions, when did your energy start to come back? Mines terrible. I'm scared to even get behind the wheel sometimes. Two days last week I was literally notting out behind the wheel. Not good!!! I take tons of supplements for energy but nothing is helping. Its making my job very difficult, and I'm an engineer. I DO NOT have a labor intensive job. Focus and staying at work all day has been so hard for me. Do you have any advice for me? Any supplements? Should I push myself harder to work out In the AM? Right now the extreme lethargy and lack of motivation are my worst symptoms. People warned me about this, I underestimated these symptoms!!

Sorry, not trying to take away from your thread. I just keep waiting to turn the corner and it just doesn't seem to be happening. 40 days of this sh**, sometimes I feel like just hitting someone. It's causing anger and frustration. The one good thing I can say is that I've had 0 cravings to go back on subs! I hate that sh**!

Sorry for the negativity in my post. Just feeling frustrated and needed to vent. Thank you for listening!!

So happy to hear from yea Yung!! Hang in there brother!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-16-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Just chiming in to you 2 warriors..
    Congratulations..
    James maybe you should try working out in the am again..
    1 reason being it will get your blood oxygenated and also cleaned out for the day..
    If you are doing that at night you may not being getting the complete best sleep that you can be getting..
    Maybe why you feel like you are dragging in the morning..
    Sometimes we think we are really sleeping at night when it could be a better quality..
    Sometimes just knowing you have already
    Worked out before work
    Will give you that sense of accomplishment and that can cause a burst of feel good neurotransmitters.
    For some reason it is hard for us to acknowledge our accomplishments
    And if we can just stop for a second and realize the progress we have made?
    That alone will produce the feel good endorphins .
    They give us energy..
    I am coming up on a year off sub 1/30/16 ..
    I did the tapper on here..
    So not quite the stress you experienced..
    But not a walk in the park either..
    Anyway it is well worth the fight..
    I had to just come to accept there are good days
    And bad days..
    When I was on sub
    I always had the same kind of days..
    Just there!
    Not really present or connected..
    Not really tired because I didn't feel anything..
    So I tell myself when I feel tired or bored or unmotivated..
    It is just part of feeling..
    It is not going to continue to be this extreme forever..
    Progress not perfection!
    So we will!
    Rock
    It
    Clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette
    To be released.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-16-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Hi lluv,

Thank you for the excellent advice and support!! I will definitely start working out in the morning. I'm willing to do anything at this point to start feeling a little better. besides take a sub of course!

Congrats on 1 year!! That is so cool! I really appreciate the inspiration!!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Luv,

1 year is HUGE and I agree with the advice.

James!

We're doing this!!!

I don't know when my energy came back, I just force myself to do everything that I need to and more energy comes from movement. I go to the gym or ride my bicycle for a couple of hours in the cold everyday.

My morning ritual is exactly like yours I almost laughed when I read it.

I have been drinking a little more coffee than usual. I start my day with a red eye usually (shot of espresso in a cup of coffee,) and start handling things.

I must say, walking and moving in the New York cold wakes me up quickly. When I was kicking opiates in Los Angeles in the heat where I drove everywhere I felt much more lazy all of the time. I definitely feel like energy begets more energy. Often times I'll break out and start dancing to some music in front of other people and it tricks my mind into thinking I'm actually energized and amped. Im not sure where I would be without the music, it literally saved my life this past month and a half. I believe today is day 47 but I'm not sure. I don't really care because it's become irrelevant to how I feel. Like Luv said, sometimes things are good and sometimes they're bad.

I also need to vent... My anxiety shoots through the roof!
    I hate it. I'll be in good company and my palms will
    Sweat profusely and I'll become a bit paranoid even. Yesterday I was with new people and I thought they didn't like me but by the end of the night I realized they were all wonderful people. Queens is a really really cool place if you're ever in NY.
    I would encourage you to work out with intensity. There is a pre workout supplement called C4 at GNC or even the Vitamen Shop and it costs about $40 for 30 servings. It's strong and has lots of vitamins and amino acids for a speedy recovery. I used it as a substitute for coffee my first 2 weeks and it got me through some rough times.

What vitamins and supplements are you taking? I stopped buying vitamins because I thought they would do more for me but I felt the same a lot so not I just have a fish oil from GNC.

Push yourself and stay hydrated, fed, and positive. All of these little things are changing my life everyday.

I hope you start to feel 100% soon. Keep us posted and I'll try to do the same at least once or twice a week.

God Bless
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hi Yung,

I agree with you 100%! The more you move the better you feel. The more I stay active, the more I forget that I'm sick. I tried working out this morning (instead of in the evening) before going out to lunch with my fiancé. Didn't make much of a difference. Still felt like sh**.

Yes the morning ritual is a must lol. I can't wake up 45 min prior to work like I used to lol.

I've tried coffee, which I used to love. It just upsets my anxiety though. I miss it though.

That's crazy what you said about the cold! I feel the best when I'm out in the cold, assuming I'm dressed properly. And yes, I get very lazy in the heat!! I love that I'm not the only person who feels this way lol. At least it's normal and not just me! Music has been huge for me too! I listen to it most of my day, even at work

I hear you on the anxiety!!! Mines the worst when sitting around. Either at work or when laying in bed at night. NYC is a cool place. I've been to Queens, Brooklyn, Manhatton. Unfortunately most of my visits to NYC were during my partying days. I wasn't visiting for the right reasons. Cool city though for sure.

Thanks for the advice on the supplement!! I'll def pick that up!

Right now I'm taking the following:
    1. Elimidrol Day (Discontinued night formula)
    2. High quality whole food multi vitamin
    3. Fruit and Veggie capsules.
    4 Omega 3, 6, 9
    5. Vitamin D2 (RX Strentgh)
    6. Vitamin D3
    7. Deplin (food grade prescription strentgh folic acid)
    8. Vitamin B12, B6, folic acid sublinguals
    9. Cell Food (increase oxygen in blood)
    10. Daily lifting and cardio

Thanks for the support Yung, your a true inspiration my friend!!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Eyah100 is offline New Member

What did you jump from?
    I'm currently at about 12 a day and want off NOW! So sick of this >>>>.

Quote Originally Posted by YungBruh View Post
    EvilDone

I don't even know you but it's good to hear from SOMEONE out there who can relate.

I'm at day 16 and I don't feel bad but I definitely don't feel 100%

This has been the longest detox I've had to endure. I also took time off of work. I make my own schedule so I've gone in a few days just to make rent but it had been ROUGH... This is where we our strength is measured.

I've had to force myself to eat and work out HARD at the gym. Everything makes me really tired.

I can't seem to sleep more than 6 hours. That's ok though.

My best advice is talk to a doctor before you do this it will make it easier. Ask for Clonodine, it helps soooo much. Lots and lots of Immodium helped me. I also got some trazadone for sleep but only used it a few nights.

I started taking multivitamins, fish oils, and I drink GNC C4 pre workout to get energy. I bought 4 gallons of water and 4 dozen gatorades and 4 packs of ensure when I started. All that was gone before 14 days.

Ask me whatever and I'll do my best to answer.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eyah100 View Post
    What did you jump from?
    I'm currently at about 12 a day and want off NOW! So sick of this >>>>.

Eyah, please start your own thread so you can get personalized help and support. In your thread give us your complete history with all meds including the subs? We can help you so get your thread started as soon as possible? Take care... God bless us all!
    WifeMotherSister likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12