Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
8mg Suboxone Cold Turkey Jump Day 11
    YungBruh is offline Junior Member

Post 8mg Suboxone Cold Turkey Jump Day 11

This will be my first Thread here, Hi !

DISCLAIMER: All Advice is greatly appreciated but please do not remind me that 8mg sub jumps are crazy and dangerous because I usually do whatever I set my mind to & my mind is set. Thank You!

I am a 26 year old male with good health. I don't drink or smoke but I've had an opiate affair since I was 17. Always pharmaceuticals.

I was sober for a year one time from 20-21 years with no help... I just stopped. I came back and went from hydrocodone to Oxy's...
    I knew I had to get help. I did and I was off for 18 months on 8 mg suboxone. My doctor disappeared and I was using other substances at the point so i went to rehab & the suboxone kick was terrible but I remember feeling ok within a couple weeks and I was just mentally tough about it. From 22 til now (26) I've been mostly off opioids.

My last run was a month long and I got on suboxone 8mg. I've been at this dose for 11 months and I won't lie, I've used more and abused it sometimes. I've also been down to 1mg for a month at a time and back to 8 again.

Lots of people here and there say getting off that amount is crazy but I honestly feel like every person is different and with the right tools anyone can do it.

My detox has been relatively easy that I must share....BUT, not so easy that at day 11 I still can't sleep, I wake up in sweats and I'm very mentally skewed.

I saw my doc and told him my plan. He said ok and gave me .1 chlonodine and he said not to take more than 6 a day... This med is a miracle wonder drug.

Coupled with lots of Immodium alllll I felt the first 9 days was lethargy, fluctuating blood pressure, and slight to not chills and sweats.
    I even went back to work on my 8th day and no one seemed to notice anything was wrong. In fact, only people that I haven't seen in months can tell I'm actually sick. Whatever.

Tonight day 8 I feel great. I'm not worried about PAWS or anything because I'm beginning to understand the power of my mind.

Don't underestimate yours...

UPDATE:
    3 Days Later

I don't know what happened on day 10 but it felt like the worst of it. I understand viper stays in the blood for a long time with a long half life but I was feeling Full Blown withdrawal after 12 hours of my last dose. Perhaps it's my fast metabolism?

In any case all I could think I did different was I hadn't taken my 4-8 tabs of Immodium the night before and so I as sweating with the chills and I had slight diarrhea. I had a huge huge job do today at day 10 and my employer simply told me
    To suck it up. He has no idea what's going on...

Tonight is night 11 and I'm more psychologically tired than Anything. I'm such an active guy with tons of hobbies I can't wait to get back to... Without suboxone. It was making me incredibly numb and slow. Dislike.

Anyway I hope I'm through the worst of it and I wish someone could tell me WHEN I'll be normal again.
    I've exercised, worked, eaten well, gone out with pretty girls , everything that I normally would except I feel like I have a terrible flu.
    Also, using opiates feels like a wonderful idea lately, but I always play the tape through and talk myself out of it.

What a ruthless fuxking way to detox from some medication.

Gg09 is offline New Member

Man it sounds like you are doin great just stay determined and strong the worst should be over with everyday gettin better

Day 12 and I woke up feeling OKAY. Trazadone actually helped me sleep more than 4 hours. This stuff lingers but I will be ok. I imagine everyday keeps getting better it can be hard to see when you don't feel like you used to. Anyways, Bless!

evildone is offline Member

Great job on your success . Today was my last day of subs. I took last sub rhis morning and i have 20 days off of work so im hoping i can kick this by the. How are you feeling right now?

EvilDone

I don't even know you but it's good to hear from SOMEONE out there who can relate.

I'm at day 16 and I don't feel bad but I definitely don't feel 100%

This has been the longest detox I've had to endure. I also took time off of work. I make my own schedule so I've gone in a few days just to make rent but it had been ROUGH... This is where we our strength is measured.

I've had to force myself to eat and work out HARD at the gym. Everything makes me really tired.

I can't seem to sleep more than 6 hours. That's ok though.

My best advice is talk to a doctor before you do this it will make it easier. Ask for Clonodine, it helps soooo much. Lots and lots of Immodium helped me. I also got some trazadone for sleep but only used it a few nights.

I started taking multivitamins, fish oils, and I drink GNC C4 pre workout to get energy. I bought 4 gallons of water and 4 dozen gatorades and 4 packs of ensure when I started. All that was gone before 14 days.

Ask me whatever and I'll do my best to answer.

sunskyriver is offline Junior Member

Hey there,

I am currently on day 4 of not taking any suboxone (i tapered down to 1mg) and i too have a very fast metabolism. Having a fast metabolism and drinking craploads of gatorade + exercise will definitely get the stuff out of your system faster. I have an old script of clonodine, but am saving it for the worst of the withdrawals. I was wondering when do you usually take it? A specific time of day? Anyway hey, you are way stronger than me. You have made it 16 days, while i am at only 4, it already feels like an eternity has passed since I last took suboxone so keep it up man! I am proud of you.

I'm proud of both of us...

I don't know too many people who once started stop willingly. Idk about you but I chose to stop to be the best version of me.

You're smart for going down to 1mg...
    I wish I could have done that. I kicked a 1mg suboxone dependence once before and it only lasted about a week. It was still a kick though.

This time around is insane!

I took the Clonodine almost everyday. I got 60 X .1 mg tablets and finished them in 17 days. My doctor had prescribed .1 2x daily but that's way too low I weigh 165 and I'm coming off 8mg so I was taking about .4-.6 mg a day and it helped a lot. It's also really strong, it made my BP drop and fall back onto the floor one night.

I just got a refill but I won't take more that .4 anymore I feel better everyday.

Sleep is hard to come by but I'm actually pretty happy about it. When on the 8mg I was sleeping late into the day... About noon everyday for a couple of months. Now, I'm rising w the sun & the mornings are rough because I feel shaky and in pain and chills and sweats but it gradually gets better throughout the day.

It's been one helllll of a ride and don't ever need to do it again.

Bless

You are an inspiration to me, honestly. I too chose to stop because I had been on suboxone for 2 years, and I hate the way it made me feel. I am starting to feel normal (besides withdrawls), like a normal human being again. I am 20 years old, and subs + depression made me sleep in until 3pm some days. I was an absolute wreck at some times, and i knew a good portion of it was due to the suboxone. The only problem was the fear of stopping it, and when the best time to do so was. I am choosing now because of christmas break at my college and took off a week of work.

So you have gone through detox with suboxone twice? Man, I really hope I don't ever end back up on suboxone. I am wondering if I am strong enough to stay away from opiods forever... But I am having hope in myself, and in you, that we can get through this and actually come out better people for it.

Thank you for the information about clonodine, I will take .2 or .3 a day and see how I feel. From the bottom of my heart, I hope you make it through this and end up happy in the end. You are a fighter.

I'm real glad to hear you're taking control of your life again!

The Clonodine may make you feel fatigued but I fought that by calling or hanging out with friends who knew what I was going through. If I needed to sleep I would go back home and crash.

It's tough but totally possible.

I imagine myself as a soldier going through hell week and I'm not giving up.

For me, eating the right foods and exercising vigorously has left me with barely annnnny depression. By vigorously I mean if I swim 20 laps and I'm tired I'll swim 10 more and then maybe another 5. After that I've never ever felt depressed.

I hope this helps at least a little.

One last thing... Go but Immodium! The box says to take 2 but if the withdrawal is unbearable take more based on how much you weigh with some over the counter Tagamet and you'll feel a fraction of the withdrawal for a couple of days.

I use that for emergencies only, like work days where I felt I could not make it.

Bless Up
    sunskyriver likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

You 2 are warriors..
    It will get better..
    Don't worry about 4- ever..
    Take it day by day or hour by hour..
    You have your whole lives ahead of you..
    Now you have some
    Very valuable
    Experience strength and hope
    To share..
    In this day and age of an opiate epidemic.
    This recent experience
    Is probaly more valuable
    And life saving then
    Anything you will learn in a
    Textbook.
    We are
    Rockin it
    Clean
    In
    And
    Into
    2016!
    AMEN!
    Bette
    sunskyriver likes this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Wow, crazy story. Keep hangin in there!

Very interesting ideas about mind power. Did you read something great that motivated or continues to motivate you? Or helped unleash this power of the mind you're beginning to understand? Like you said, it's been 10 years of occasional stints with opes - anything you listen to or read that's helping? Keep on fightin the good fight
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLeo View Post
    Wow, crazy story. Keep hangin in there!

Very interesting ideas about mind power. Did you read something great that motivated or continues to motivate you? Or helped unleash this power of the mind you're beginning to understand? Like you said, it's been 10 years of occasional stints with opes - anything you listen to or read that's helping? Keep on fightin the good fight
    Yes! I have read many many books by napolean hill, the alchemist by Paulo coehlo, and the 7 spiritual laws of success by deepak chopra. I feel as though I've always had one foot in & the other out of drug use. (I also read 50 cents 50th law.)

I watch tons of youtube videos on the mind and the power of word and thought.

The transformation really came through a series of life events and self reflection. I truly feel as though ANYTHING is possible. Pain is temporary & self care is the most important thing for MY life & well being.

I try to soak
    Up all I can about health , wealth , love, & happiness by tai Lopez and I draw strength from hip hop or rap & R&B music.

Whatever works for YOU is all that matters.

Mrsarchie is offline New Member

Man, yungbruh, I wish I had the mind power you have. My anxiety has always gotten the best of me. I'm on day 17 from a 1mg dose and my anxiety is the worst of it. I regret not exerciseing and eating healthier during this, maybe I'd feel better. I still get cold sweats when I'm doing too much and I'm ALWAYS cold! Leaving for a trip tomorrow...reading everyone's comments and yall having experience how do you think I'll be by day 20? (That's when I'll get to family it's a 2 day drive). Unfortunately I kinda just jumped so I didn't get any prescriptions like the, clonodine?, yall are talking about. I've been smoking weed here and there and it's a LIFE SAVER. Problem is, I'm definitely not a social butterfly when I'm 420 blazed lol. Any input from yall I appreciate! And good for yall for taking the jump too! Best wishes.

Mrsarchie

I'm going into day 20 right now and I feel fully functional. I too sweat and feel cold but I used to always sweat when I was on subs anyway so I try to ignore it.

Lately I've been feeling a lot better about myself when I look in the mirror... My glow is back and I get spurts of energy now & then.

Mostly, I feel much more present and my senses are heightened and that can feel like anxiety but I think it's just me getting back to normal so what I do is go outside and engage with people.

If I can't I call a friend... I really really really feel like the socializing is really huge. When in rehab I was forced to socialize so much my 1mg jump lasted about a week and then I don't remember feeling anything at all.

Because I'm not there I have to force myself to get up and put one foot in front of the other so that I begin to build good habits for myself.

I say all of this because it reminds me of how far I've come and I'm sure we all have... Our minds and bodies are better without the drugs. That's fact!

Stay positive and remember you'll be in good company. Happy Holidays!

Cheers to a New Year clean!

Bless

Hi again Young,

I was wondering if you could tell me about how your experience was when you jumped from 1mg. (so i can try and measure when i will start feeling better, and just hearing the experience would help me with mine) You said that within a week you stopped feeling withdrawal symptoms? I could not socialize with people during the worst of my withdrawals, I couldn't image being forced into conversation when all i could think about is how bad i was feeling.

Today was day 6 for me, its about to turn into day 7. Today was rough on me, I was having a constant battle going back and forth mentally saying "I CAN do this!" and "Oh sh>> no I cant, im dying." Truly I was panicking and I took 4-5 hot baths today. I went and took a two hour nap, and bang, I wake up feeling a lot better. I think the lack of sleep was really getting to me. I was so tempted to take the smallest dose of a sub. But I didn't, I said no way in hell am I going back to that, no matter how badly my body wanted it.

I am so glad that you have made it to day 20! And you feel fully functional? That's amazing dude! How have you been sleeping? Anyway best wishes and I hope you continue to feel better. You are totally right about your mindset in doing this, if there is even the slightest doubt in your mind then you will find an excuse to relapse, or at least I would. I am staying positive and I just think about your situation, you made it out of this awfulness and jumped from way higher than I did.

Reading your story and having you encourage me may have saved me from the temptatioins of taking suboxone today, so i thank you for staying strong and being there for me.

Mrsarchie,

It is not too late to exercise and eat healthy/drink loads of water! I have had to literally force myself to get exercise or go walk around the block, but it does help you. Also, If marijuana helps you out, then by all means use it. Better to use that, than opiates i say. Try to use it only when you need it most, so that you won't be stoned when you have to talk to your family.

Mrsarchie is offline New Member

Yungbruh,
    That's really a relief to hear, I guess for me, which this re-enforces your point that socializing helps, just talking to other people going thru the same thing helps. I think on like day 10 or something I was so upset and posted to a forum typing thru tears and once I'd gotten it out and posted it I felt better physically and mentally. Luckily as far as REAL human interaction lol I have my husband and daughter that I'm forced to deal with, (in the best way possible lol) plus I'm hoping having to get out at rest stops and change diapers in public etc etc I'll get back into somewhat of a social state. I think I'm rambling here lol, leaving for the trip in an hour & I'm anxious but excited! Your whole point about the anxiety actually being energy makes a LOT of sense actually, I'm gonna remember that you said that, and thank you, I've always been that person to wake up at noon so energy, at least for the past years of addiction, is new to me.

Suns,
    I got a ton of power aide and good food for the trip so I'm hoping it'll help!

Happy holidays to both of you, we can do this!

Sun Sky my jump from 1mg may have been different from yours. I was 23 165 lbs and rising and I was only on that for about a month. Prior to that I was using oxycodone 30mg multiple times a day for about 2 months.

Probably most importantly I was abusing Benzos for a week into my 1mg jump so when I stopped taking those it overwhelmed my CNS and I didn't notice the physical withdrawal so much. Also, I was in Southern California during the summer and boy does that sunshine make it easier!

I do recall feeling stomach & sleep problems until about week 2 but I only had the sweats and chills for maybe 1 week?

I KNOW WE ALL WANT TO KNOW WHEN WE'LL FEEL NORMAL AGAIN. I was asking the same question & I remembered everyone is so different. Our sex, age, weight, metabolism, time of use, dosage, psychology, even geographical region all influence the duration and or severity of our withdrawals.

I've had to really own mine & be very patient.

I woke up at day 20 today MrsArchie. It was 7:15 and the sun had just risin. I use to wake up Past noon everyday on subs and pretty much carry out throughout my day like a zombie. This has been unpleasant to say the least but I'll take energy over death anyday.

At day 20 I'm taking .1 mg of Clonodine in the morning and .2mg at night along with Baclofen and Benadryl for sleep. I'm getting about 6-7 hours a night and I always wake up with rls and restless arms. My forearms just feel real real achy throughout the day... I always feel this when I detox...
    I wake up in somewhat of a sweat with chills but nothing like it was before. My appetite is coming back full force thank Jesus & I typically can get up and go walk around and buy groceries etc. doing anything is better than nothing right now.

I honestly almost can't believe I jumped from a whole 8mg. Some days I was even taking 12mg. Whatever's left in store for me can't be worse than what I've already felt, I can only
    Imagine things steadily improving from here on out.

This is the most vivid detox I've had of
    The 3. I even kept a journal to always remind me where I was during the process and so I can remember I don't need to go back.

I am so much more than an addiction. That is a minuscule fraction of what makes me.

I hope all of us make it to the other side very very soon and what better time of year?

I also wanted to say if you have any leftover suboxone or any opiate it might be a good idea to get rid of or
    Give it to someone you trust to get rid of. It will only prolong and restart the inevitable and starting over is something I don't wish on anyone.

Bless Up

Wanted to check back in at day 21:

I was feeling OK yesterday and stayed at a girls house... Big mistake.

I was able to be intimate and present which is new because suboxone ruined my sex drive and my ability to listen actively.

Anyway, I felt like my large intestine was ready to explode all night... Embarrassing and needless to say I didn't get much sleep. At all. Maybe 2 hours twice and both times I woke up with terrible leg pain and chills and sweats...

This is 21 days in... I'm physically and mentally exhausted. No way I'm going back on any suboxone but God, this is beginning to be a bit much.

I don't know if anyone experiences confusion or anything like it but when. I wake up from sleep or a nap I'm usually in lots of pain and sweats and I am absolutely convinced someone is causing it. I may even look around my room for 10-15 minutes until I realize it's just withdrawal.

I'm here to share my story and hopefully be an example of sorts. I would recommend to never ever ever jump off more than 1mg/day ever unles in rehab.

I also recommend everything o have before, above along with spirituality.

I'm fighting the fight of my life right now and I may have fallen or whatever but I'm not down.

Love & Blessings
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Anonymous Guest

21 days is awesome dude. I'm 20 days clean from oxycodone today. It's been tough but I keep telling myself to stay positive but I know it's not easy. We didn't get this way overnight so I know it's not going to fix itself over night. It'll all be worth it eventually.

Keep up the good work. I hope things get better for you soon man.

Update: Day 24

The worst of it comes in waves but I always always feel better when I'm engaged with someone or in something. Isolation is the enemy. I'm drinking lots of ensures because food isn't always appetizing but my appetite comes back full force sometimes and I have to go find food immediately.

I'm fighting the fight of my life every morning when I wake up and decide to move my body. All it wants to do is lay down.

My gastrointestinal was acting up days 21-23 probably because I stopped taking Immodium about a week ago?

Got back on it last night and it makes a huge difference. I know I have to stop eventually. I don't mind that it doesn't worry me. I'm taking as little Clonodine as possible because I don't need high blood pressure when I stop taking it. Does anyone know an effective way to taper off of it?
    Any info is good info.

I don't really know what else to say at this point. People are telling me I look a whole lot healthier. I'm glowing and my eyes are more responsive. I'm more alert, I rise with the sun & I even met a special someone through all of this.

I figure I'll just act my way to normal until I get there... I cannot wait for that moment to come. I will be dancing and doing backflips for days on end.

I hesitate to go out sometimes because I've always felt like people can tell how I feel when they look me in the eye. If I don't feel well, I don't want to show me eyes. It sounds comical but it's a very serious problem I've had for some time. I always want to show my best.

Can anyone relate?

Happy Holidays & God Bless you all!

Day 26:

I've been living in the gym the past 2 days and eating more than ever.

I'm updating because I just woke up 8 o clock on the east coast and I feel better today than ever before. I feel like I used to when I would wake up as a child, full of energy.

My eyes are still teary and the sneezes are still there. My legs don't hurt right now so let's hope it stays that way.

4 weeks to remember forever.

James19871 is offline Member

Hi YungBruh,

I've been following your posts, your doing an awesome job!!

I myself am also in a similar boat as you as far as days clean. I stopped counting because it was just giving me anxiety lol.

I was a walking zombie on suboxone for 12 years of my life!! I already feel like I've been reborn and I'm fairy early in the process. My poor fiancé put up with my side effects for 10 years. You said something that I could really relate to regarding interacting with people. For 12 years I would avoid my neighbors and friends like the plague. My fiancé would talk but I could never stay engaged. I was very popular in school because of how outgoing I was. I can't believe I wasted 12 years of my life on this junk!! Now I feel more outgoing and engaged in conversation after such a short amount of time. My mental clarity is getting so much better too! Lately my short term memory has been terrible! I hope it comes back! Does anyone know anything about that? Will it come back, any first hand experience??

It's so encouraging seeing people getting off this junk. It really dumbs down your whole brain function. Don't ever let anyone tell you that your broken and need this junk for life! That makes me so upset when I read that kind of stuff. These hook line and sinker doctors are lining their pockets with our blood sweat and tears!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. It's helped me through my darkest hours.

YungBruh, keep the updates coming, their very encouraging.

James
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-30-2015 at 01:28 PM.

James!

Keep fighting the good fight!

Day 28:

I spent the night at my girl's house and I haven't had that in a couple of years simply because I was a zombie with no sex drive only Focused on myself.

The point is, I felt great sleeping next to someone. For the entire night and morning I forgot about my pains.

I'm working on a bicycle in the east coast winter and if I can do that while feeling like this I can do anything. It's really very mental at this point. 4 weeks !!! I have slight aches and pains and I wake up energized like the bunny as soon as the sun rises. I love it!

I kept a journal this whole time and I've come light years as far as my recovery. People I've never met are telling me I'm intense and they can feel my energy.

Some bastard called me yesterday asking if I knew anyone who needed percocets...

PEOPLE, we will all be tested and likely more than once...

All I can do right now is let go and give it up to the Universe because I do NOT want that >>>> in my system ever again but my bones are begging for
    It.

I compare my detox, which I assume will last another 1-2 weeks, to a Navy Seal's hell week. (This may even be more difficult because I still swim lift weights and work.) Anyway, it's a brutal bitxh and I empathize with anyone going through it.

I'm stopping trazadone today and I'm cutting Clonodine down slowly from .3 mg/day to .2 then .1 and finally .5 every other day.

I've tried NA & AA but neither worked for me... I worked it because I'm worth it but I find much much much more resolve in positive thought and a healthy circle of people.

What's worked for me is finally making a decision with my Higher Power to stop & have a better life. To emulate the people I admire and admire myself. I've been working on my physical, mental, and spiritual. A lot.

I have no intentions on ever l
    Ming23 likes this.

Hi YungBruh,

Your attitude is amazing! Your going to do great in recovery. Just remember the blood sweat and tears it took to get to this point when these triggers pop up. No high in the world is worth going through that again! I think as addicts we'll build these highs that used to get from drugs up in our heads, but once you finally get clean, you realize that being sober is better than any high that you ever had from drugs. At least that's how I feel.

Yea know, I talk to so many people over these forums that I can see myself being best friends with. I feel like I'm part of an elite military unit where we all have this common bond. If an addict can conquer a drug addiction, the sky is the limit. You mention SEALs training (BUDs Hell Week), I completely agree! I've trained with my cousin who's a former SEAL and this for me was harder than trying to keep up with him lol. Originally we planned to do it together, but drugs ended that for me real fast. I regret that everyday of my life. What can you do though? I ended up being an engineer instead. Not as much honor In doing that lol, but pays well and I love it.

Keep posting your success, your inspiring allot of good people!!!

James

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Happy New Year Yung Bruh!
    Proud of ya!

HNY here's to 16

Let me update real quick...

Day 30:
    I wake up every morning at 8 without exception. Earlier if I go to bed early which is hard without some kid of sleep drug.

My legs hurt SO MUCH if I walk or stand for more than just a couple of hours what the hell is up with that?

I'm outside everyday in the cold and it's not so bad. My legs and forearms are still super restless.

I truly truly feel alive?

My senses are heightened and I'm much much aware of myself and my body and my well being. I can't believe suboxone actually put me out that much... Fuxk that boo boo stuff.

Anyway at this point in time I'm only
    Looking forward and while I feel about 80-85% I make the effort to meet God halfway and put in 15-20% myself and I've been maintaining.

Also my friends and family are all angels.

If anyone has questions or comments please, shoot!
    I did this for me but It better help someone else too because it hurt too damn much

Blessings
    Ming23 likes this.

I hear that Yung Bruh!
    It hurt too damn much.
    Glad it's over,
    You will help others. We teach by example.
    Happy New Year!

Thanks for the update Yung! Your inspiring allot of others! Here's to 2016 which is going to be an awesome year for many of us!! Very happy to hear that your hanging tough. Keep up the positive attitude!!!

James

You are a soldier.

What day are you at & how are you feeling?

Ming are you off the opes too?

Quote Originally Posted by YungBruh View Post
    James

You are a soldier.

What day are you at & how are you feeling?

Ming are you off the opes too?
    I am 5 days off subs! HALLELUJAH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast