Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Hartty36
  • 3 Post By Hartty36
About to WD from Norco. 100 MG/Day HELP!!!
    Hartty36 is offline Junior Member

Post About to WD from Norco. 100 MG/Day HELP!!!

I have been using various opiates, primarily Norco off and on for approximately 10 years. Recently up to 100 MG/Day.

I was planning on tapering for the next two months but have decided to go cold turkey After another lengthy discussion with my wife who is severely disgusted with me, she cant quite get herself to support this or maybe its that she cant get her head around it. Please keep in mind that this is not her fault and I have been "caught" by her several times promising not to do it again. At this point I'm relatively certain that my marriage will not rebound from this which is starting a whole different bout of depression. I guess it is now to do it for myself and my 4 children when get to the other side.

I have been doing this off and on for over ten years . At one point I was opiate free for over 2 years and caved after a series of events that I shouldn't have let take me to this level.

Anyways.... to get the demon out of me I have decided to go the cold turkey route in an effort to move on with life without these evil pills. I have done it before and I can do it again.

If anyone has any tips or remedies that helped in anyway I am all ears. I plan to start the process on Friday. I have all ingredients for the Thomas recipe including Ativan which I am a little reluctant to take. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

I guess there is good and bad to knowing what I am up against. Right now I feel alone but confident that this will be the last time I have to go through this!
    Wanna_b_done likes this.

To be clear my latest dosages have been in the 50 - 60 MG range for the past several months. In the past I was using up to 100 MG when I quit last time. Will my wd's be lesser because of it this time?

Same story as usual I have been through the withdrawals in recent months while trying to get more and they seemed as intense if not worse than before.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-04-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Thought I would check in. I am now on Day 5 without any opiates. although uncomfortable the Thomas recipe was very much a god send.

I had enough energy today to go to work and found some old pills in my travel bag and threw them away. That was a tough decision.

Now all I can hope for is constant progress. Pray for me!!

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

You got it! You might want to post in your other thread, that's where people responded.

grandma -bk is offline Member

Its all up to you now...you eaither choose a life of pills...or a life with your wife and kids...be wise and choose the family...the pills are pure devil....good luck...

Thanks for the response. I have another thread that I have been updating. It has been three months to the day and Im not looking back. There are still challenges in my head but overall I got this!!

grandma -bk is offline Member

How wonderful...thats about my last day too...it was oct 7th..2016...exactly bout 3 months...my abuse was at least 16 yrs...daily...im still not 100% back...but its a rollercoaster ride for sure..from minute to minute and day to day..peace be with you....