Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By sosickofxanax
  • 1 Post By DravenDomnq
  • 1 Post By DravenDomnq
  • 2 Post By DravenDomnq
  • 2 Post By DravenDomnq
  • 1 Post By hamster123
  • 1 Post By dsh12345
About a year and a half need to quit NOW ended up with cdiff from oxy I could die
    sosickofxanax is offline New Member

Default About a year and a half need to quit NOW ended up with cdiff from oxy I could die

Hi all been on xanax for over 15 years been trying to quit but that is a whole nother thread, just want to put the history there and let you know I am still taking that poison.

I had three back to back concussions a year and a half ago and have been on approx 10mg a day of oxy for all this time. Some days I will take 3 pills a day (all at one time I take the full dose once a day).

I have tried ot cold turkey, I have tried to taper but can't wait it out I want off right then and there and fail. The dcotors blame the cdiff I have on antibiotics but I know I have cdiff from the off and on serious diarrhea I get from tapering or w/d off this oxycodone.

This last week i have taken 2 a day and last night I took 3 because the pain in my back and the headaches but I need off because I am on my second course of vancomycin for this cdiff and I am going to die if I can't get rid of it.

I don't know if I should ct or taper this oxy at this point. I have to seriously do it this time or I WILL die and I know this. I take anywhere from 1mg to 2mg a night of xanax so I have xanax so it wouldn't be like I am adding another drug I am already on it

What is the best way for me to do this. I am about 12 hours since my 15mg (3 5mg tabs) last dose I have taken. Should I just go a week or so of taking 5mg a day and then cut that in half.

The main thing I HAVE TO avoid is the diarrhea!!! I cannot get diarrhea with this life theatening cdfiff. The diarrhea causes the good and bad bacteria to be eliminated and allows the worst of the bad that doesn't go to take over my colon.

I also CANNOT take any immodium with the cdiff as slowing the colon down with those drugs can cause death from TOXIC MEGACOLON.

These dcotors know nothing, I cannot get any damn advice and I could die and they don't care. How should I go about this for real this time I have no choice. Cdiff will not allow me to relapse again I can never once off take another pain pill or antibiotic again EVER.

Please help me, it is noon, do I take some oxy or not. I know you cannot give medical advice (neither can my doctor, lol) but what would you do if you were me let us put it that way.

Default About a year and a half need to quit NOW ended up with cdiff from oxy I could die

This forum is confusing me it seems like nobody uses the subforums so I am reposting here hoping to get a response I need to know if I should dose today or not, here is my post:

Hi all been on xanax for over 15 years been trying to quit but that is a whole nother thread, just want to put the history there and let you know I am still taking that poison.

I had three back to back concussions a year and a half ago and have been on approx 10mg a day of oxy for all this time. Some days I will take 3 pills a day (all at one time I take the full dose once a day).

I have tried ot cold turkey, I have tried to taper but can't wait it out I want off right then and there and fail. The dcotors blame the cdiff I have on antibiotics but I know I have cdiff from the off and on serious diarrhea I get from tapering or w/d off this oxycodone.

This last week i have taken 2 a day and last night I took 3 because the pain in my back and the headaches but I need off because I am on my second course of vancomycin for this cdiff and I am going to die if I can't get rid of it.

I don't know if I should ct or taper this oxy at this point. I have to seriously do it this time or I WILL die and I know this. I take anywhere from 1mg to 2mg a night of xanax so I have xanax so it wouldn't be like I am adding another drug I am already on it

What is the best way for me to do this. I am about 12 hours since my 15mg (3 5mg tabs) last dose I have taken. Should I just go a week or so of taking 5mg a day and then cut that in half.

The main thing I HAVE TO avoid is the diarrhea!!! I cannot get diarrhea with this life theatening cdfiff. The diarrhea causes the good and bad bacteria to be eliminated and allows the worst of the bad that doesn't go to take over my colon.

I also CANNOT take any immodium with the cdiff as slowing the colon down with those drugs can cause death from TOXIC MEGACOLON.

These dcotors know nothing, I cannot get any damn advice and I could die and they don't care. How should I go about this for real this time I have no choice. Cdiff will not allow me to relapse again I can never once off take another pain pill or antibiotic again EVER.

Please help me, it is noon, do I take some oxy or not. I know you cannot give medical advice (neither can my doctor, lol) but what would you do if you were me let us put it that way.
    LaurieLaSalle likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey SoSick, welcome back! I'm sorry for everything that's been going on. The weekends are much slower here, so sometimes takes a while before people see your post. I know absolutely nothing about cdiff, so have no idea what I would suggest you do. If it were just tapering or going CT like I think you were doing last time without any underlying medical conditions that would be different. I'd just hate to give you a suggestion that could interfere with what you're dealing with. Just wanted to let you know that somebody is listening, and hopefully people will be along that might know a bit more about what you're dealing with.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-11-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Thank you for letting me know about it being slow on weekends I was starting to panic.

What I need to find out is what is the best way to cut this oxycodone out of my life WITHOUT having the diarrhea. I cannot have any diarrhea or it will mess me up even more.

Are you going to have diarrhea either way you go, ct or tapering? I know ct you will pretty much have it for days and then it is over. With tapering you are taking less med so wouldn't you still have diarrhea inbetween dosage?

I thank you again for your help. I guess we could just go about this with just leaving out my cdiff problem and just leave the question to be which way would be causing the least diarrhea, ct or taper?

I just cannot take any meds to stop diarrhea like immodium or anything that will slow down the movement through the colon.

have a nice evening!!

I know for me personally when they did much smaller cuts during my tapers I didn't go through nearly as many withdrawal symptoms as when they did larger cuts, so tapering just a little bit at a time might keep you from experiencing any issues. A lot of times when they just cut a small percentage, like 10% then I really didn't go through many symptoms at all. It was when they made big cuts, like 30%+ when I would go through some withdrawal symptoms until I stabilized on a lower dose. I also had the problem where I would stabilize, be doing fine, then start taking a higher dose again causing a lot of severe withdrawal symptoms until I could get a refill.

I know you can't take immodium, but can you use anything like activated charcoal to help with some of the stomach stuff? It might cause the same problems for you as immodium does though, so once again wouldn't want to suggest anything that would cause more bad than good.

Need to take my gf to work here in a bit, but will be around off and on today and tonight. Will check back in with you when I can!!

I wonder if I should stop the oxy and up the xanax and then taper back down to where I was on the xanax. At least get one of these drugs out of my life. I know I only take the oxy once a day and it seems like about six hours after I take the dose I start to get this fear of dying and I keep stopping breathing in my sleep and wake up. Oxy is a really really bad drug obviously. I am so upset that I fell for these dr's lies. It is 3pm and I haven't taken any oxy yet. I took 1mg of xanax, my stomach feels a bit rumbly. So freaking out, I always make the wrong decisions.

Thank you for your kindness

If you just CT the Oxy, then you'll almost definitely have to deal with the bathroom issues. While I'm a huge proponent of just going cold turkey, in your case I have to wonder if tapering would be the better option if you can't use anything like immodium to help and since you're dealing with everything else you are. Especially since you said you can't have diarrhea because of the cdiff. Do you think tapering would be an option for you??

I could taper I have two bottles full of oxy. I average 2 5mg pills at around 3pm daily. Would it be better to just still take the one dose a day or split it in 4 doses so my benzo//opiod receptors in the belly have a steady (but small) dose to try to slow that diarrhea down?

Once again, I can only share my personal experience, but the tapers worked best for me when I took the meds at the same time, just a reduced amount. It was when I started taking them at additional times that I would have problems and start taking too many. I was also prescribed them during different times of the day instead of taking them just once a day so don't know if you tapered taking them once a day would cause you to have symptoms you have to avoid after so many hours had passed. If you spread out your dose too much in very little doses it could possibly cause some symptoms to arise as well I would think.

So I really don't know what I would advise in your situation since you're looking to avoid some of the symptoms all together. My gut tells me it might be best to keep taking them at the same time, just reduce your dose by a small amount. I can only share what worked best for me though. Hopefully some more experienced members will be along at some point to offer their suggestions for what might be best.

Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    Once again, I can only share my personal experience, but the tapers worked best for me when I took the meds at the same time, just a reduced amount. It was when I started taking them at additional times that I would have problems and start taking too many. I was also prescribed them during different times of the day instead of taking them just once a day so don't know if you tapered taking them once a day would cause you to have symptoms you have to avoid after so many hours had passed. If you spread out your dose too much in very little doses it could possibly cause some symptoms to arise as well I would think.

So I really don't know what I would advise in your situation since you're looking to avoid some of the symptoms all together. My gut tells me it might be best to keep taking them at the same time, just reduce your dose by a small amount. I can only share what worked best for me though. Hopefully some more experienced members will be along at some point to offer their suggestions for what might be best.
    I cut down the dose of the oxy and woke up just now feeling "dopesick" or whatever you call it. Nauseous, dizzy, jumpy vision, stomach and kidney pain. I feel like I might end up with the bathroom issue anyways. Why did I ever put these pills in my body. I hate myself for being an idiot.

I was off one point for six days straiight an my family treats me so badly that I just took them because I didn't care if I died. It was like I didn't care if I hurt myself because nobody cares about me. I guess in a way those days I "self harm" because I don't care there is no point to living, but I am not going to overdose or suicide or anything like that but I figure I'll show them, they don't caree, good I will take some pills and let them kill my kidney. I get no buzz from them obv after over a year and only taking normally one dose of 10mg in the afternoon a day. It's just when I get like that with them Idk if I die from all this. And now being on it I am depressed again. During those few days off I felt so much clearer headed and better physically but then all it takes is the mental abuse and the if I do, good, thing again.

I'm sorry you're feeling so down, and experiencing some of the symptoms you are. How much did you cut your dose down by yesterday?? Like I said for me, the times the tapers worked the best was when the amount was decreased by just a little bit instead of a lot. Slow and steady wins the race! Just jumped on for a minute, but will be around more later today so will check back in with you. Hang in there, you've got this, just have to figure out what will work best for you to get rid of the shackles of those pain pills!!

I usually take 10mg a night so last night I took half that, just one 5mg pill

50% is a pretty hefty cut, especially in trying to avoid some of the symptoms. In an earlier post you asked about spreading out your dose to 4 times a day, so I'm guessing you were going to take half at a time? Instead of cutting it by 50% could you just cut it down by 25%? If this cut is too much and you can't handle the symptoms then another thing you could try is instead of taking the full amount (10mg) at one time spreading it into 2 doses 12 hours apart. Then spreading those doses further and further apart so you're not taking the full amount in a 24 hour period, but making them last longer and longer.

You've also been off the meds before, and know what you went through and where you were after 6 days. With the cdiff I don't know if that's an option for you, but on the amount you're on I doubt the physical symptoms would last too long. Once again I hate to suggest anything that's going to cause you more problems in the long run, and have no idea what you can and can't go through. Just sharing what thoughts I have, and will always offer you an ear and support!!

Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    50% is a pretty hefty cut, especially in trying to avoid some of the symptoms. In an earlier post you asked about spreading out your dose to 4 times a day, so I'm guessing you were going to take half at a time? Instead of cutting it by 50% could you just cut it down by 25%? If this cut is too much and you can't handle the symptoms then another thing you could try is instead of taking the full amount (10mg) at one time spreading it into 2 doses 12 hours apart. Then spreading those doses further and further apart so you're not taking the full amount in a 24 hour period, but making them last longer and longer.

You've also been off the meds before, and know what you went through and where you were after 6 days. With the cdiff I don't know if that's an option for you, but on the amount you're on I doubt the physical symptoms would last too long. Once again I hate to suggest anything that's going to cause you more problems in the long run, and have no idea what you can and can't go through. Just sharing what thoughts I have, and will always offer you an ear and support!!
    someone keeps deleting my posts to you

Hey, I'm sorry that posts have been deleted. I don't know what I missed, but will be around a bit tonight and this weekend if you get a chance to catch me up. I hope you're hanging in there!!

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sosickofxanax View Post
    This forum is confusing me it seems like nobody uses the subforums so I am reposting here hoping to get a response I need to know if I should dose today or not, here is my post:

You need to stop fixating on not having any diarrhea. Cdiff is caused by antibiotics. You got Cdiff from antibiotics. Cdiff causes diarrhea. Opioid withdrawal also causes diarrhea. You have TWO different causes of diarrhea, and you are mixing them up.

Having diarrhea is a natural part of Cdiff, and the vanco you are getting is good treatment for it.

You should treat these two causes of diarrea - Cdiff from abx (1) and opioid withdrawal (2) as TWO separate things.

What I would suggest to you is to either cold turkey off of 5mg a day of oxy or just maintain on 5mg of oxy a day until your cdiff is treated.

It is OK to have diarrhea from opioid withdrawal while you are being treated with vanco for Cdiff. The diarrhea is what the bacteria does, but if you have diarrhea from opioid withdrawal that's not a sign of the infection getting worse. The vanco is still controlling it.

Remember, you have TWO different causes of diarrhea. They are separate and can be treated as such.

DO NOT let getting diarrhea from stopping opiates prevent you from continuing to stop opiates. The doses you are taking - 10mg a day, is very small. The vast majority of ppl trying to get clean here are taking HUNDREDS of mg a day.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-17-2017 at 06:19 PM.

The one caveat I would add is that there could be a possibility that diarrhea from opioid withdrawal will cause the vanco to go right through your system very fast and not sit in the colon and work on the Cdiff. That is one caveat of trying to CT off of the opioids while taking the vanco for Cdiff. Unfortunately, no doctor is gonna be able to say for sure whether this is a big deal or no deal there's not exactly a large history of ppl in your specific situation where they've gone and tested whether vanco still works well when you are pooping too fast, but then again if you think about the fact that most ppl started on vanco are already pooping fast from cdiff and the vanco works, it would suggest that vanco will still work even if you are pooping it out very fast.

The amount of diarrhea can approximate severity of the Cdiff infection. Again, understand that if your Cdiff is being adequately controlled on vanco (no diarrhea) and then you stop the opiates and you get diarrhea, that DOES NOT mean the Cdiff is getting worse. You have a totally second and unrelated cause of diarrhea giving you diarrhea.

So, let's say the vanco is working. Diarrhea is a non-problem. You stop the opiates. Two days later due to stopping opiates you get diarrhea. That is OK and expected. That doesn't mean the infection is raging back. It just means you have a new reason for the diarrhea - stopping opiates. Now, the diarrhea from stopping opiates should be short-lived - like 2-5 days at most. It should be a very different quality and smell as compared to TRUE cdiff diarrhea. The diarrhea from stopping opiates should last 2-5 days and then should pass and you should have normal bowel movements again which would represent the physical opioid withdrawal effects on your bowels being over, and the vanco still controlling your cdiff from the very start.

I hope all that makes sense. Good luck.

So, given how small your doses are of opiates, the two options would be:

1) The simplest thing is put the opiates on the backburner and deal with one problem at a time. Continue taking low doses of opiates for the next couple weeks until you are done with the Cdiff treatment and that's all clear from your system. Then, stop the opiates. You will get diarrhea from that, but it won't be the Cdiff coming back. The diarrhea from stopping opiates will last a couple days, and then that's over and you are done.

2) Go ahead and stop opiates now after tapering as much as possible. Yes, you will get a return of diarrhea while on treatment with vanco for Cdiff. No one can say 100% perfect that the diarrhea isn't the Cdiff getting worse again, but you would have to be extremely unlucky to just have your cdiff get worse for no reason at exactly the same time as you stop opiates. So, thus, if you stop opiates immediately you will get a couple days of worsened diarrhea from that which DOES NOT mean the infection is getting worse. The diarrhea should then pass as the opioid withdrawal completes itself. If you maintain with diarrhea for days upon days way beyond what you would expect to have from just opioid withdrawal, then it is time to see if the diarrhea is the Cdiff which your doctors can check with another stool sample.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-17-2017 at 06:32 PM.

You are also dealing with a serious, chronic infection that requires months of abx. If you feel bad... like the flu... it could residual symptoms of your infection as opposed to anything caused by opiates. Again, the theme here is that it's very hard to do TWO things at once - stopping opiates at the same time as getting chronic abx treatment for bowel infections. It makes it very hard to figure out what is going on with your system if you get symptoms.

The choice is up to you if you want to get off opiates now or just wait for the Cdiff to finish treated. Given how small your opiate doses are - like 5-15mg a day, it's perfectly reasonable to wait 1-2 months for cdiff treatment to finish before you tackle the opiate stoppage.

grandma -bk is offline Member

hi all been on xanax for over 15 years been trying to quit but that is a whole nother thread, just want to put the history there and let you know i am still taking that poison.

I had three back to back concussions a year and a half ago and have been on approx 10mg a day of oxy for all this time. Some days i will take 3 pills a day (all at one time i take the full dose once a day).

I have tried ot cold turkey, i have tried to taper but can't wait it out i want off right then and there and fail. The dcotors blame the cdiff i have on antibiotics but i know i have cdiff from the off and on serious diarrhea i get from tapering or w/d off this oxycodone.

This last week i have taken 2 a day and last night i took 3 because the pain in my back and the headaches but i need off because i am on my second course of vancomycin for this cdiff and i am going to die if i can't get rid of it.

I don't know if i should ct or taper this oxy at this point. I have to seriously do it this time or i will die and i know this. I take anywhere from 1mg to 2mg a night of xanax so i have xanax so it wouldn't be like i am adding another drug i am already on it

what is the best way for me to do this. I am about 12 hours since my 15mg (3 5mg tabs) last dose i have taken. Should i just go a week or so of taking 5mg a day and then cut that in half.

The main thing i have to avoid is the diarrhea!!! I cannot get diarrhea with this life theatening cdfiff. The diarrhea causes the good and bad bacteria to be eliminated and allows the worst of the bad that doesn't go to take over my colon.

I also cannot take any immodium with the cdiff as slowing the colon down with those drugs can cause death from toxic megacolon.

These dcotors know nothing, i cannot get any damn advice and i could die and they don't care. How should i go about this for real this time i have no choice. Cdiff will not allow me to relapse again i can never once off take another pain pill or antibiotic again ever.

Please help me, it is noon, do i take some oxy or not. I know you cannot give medical advice (neither can my doctor, lol) but what would you do if you were me let us put it that way.
    i quit after using oxy for over 15 yrs....it can be done if you want it bad enough....if possiable taper ....i ct at 60mg a day...im starting my 6th month and feel great finally...it comes and goes even by the hr....but look into taking mastic gum capsules ...can get at health food stores... And manuka honey for the c-diff...also a good probiotic...,. Are you on any ppi,s??...they also cause c-diff...

hamster123 is offline New Member

I don't know that I see a route to quitting Oxy that doesn't involve diarrhea. I am not a Dr by any stretch of anyone's imagination, so I'll answer with what I would do in this situation. If I found myself in a situation where diarrhea may well kill me and Oxy won't (in the short term anyways), I'd be continuing the Oxy until I had the cdiff under control. While fighting the cdiff, I would probably begin a very slow taper that would be very unlikely to induce any real withdrawal symptoms, but I would be very careful to make sure it didn't (again, I'm looking at the short term here). Once I had the cdiff under control, depending on how far I had gotten with my slow taper while fighting the cdiff, I would either quit cold turkey or accelerate the taper. I would also tell myself that this is it, my last chance, I have to quit this time NO MATTER WHAT, or either way, I'm probably dead.
    Thisweekforsure likes this.

You have 2 different causes of diarrhea - 1. Cdiff causes diarrhea. 2. Stopping opiates causes diarrhea.

If you decide to stop opiates during your cdiff treatment and diarrhea worsens... that doesn't necessarily mean the Cdiff is worsening. Do you understand? If you try to get off opiates at the same time you are treating yourself for Cdiff... then you got 2 different things mixing in there so it's hard to say what is what. Maybe perhaps just keep yourself on the lowest possible dose of opiate as you can until you finish treatment for Cdiff... and then work on getting off the opiates once the Cdiff is over with? Tackling both at the same time can obviously be quite confusing due to them both having the same symptoms.
    Thisweekforsure likes this.

Prettytony is offline Junior Member

Still alive or dead buddy? If alive say so if not, well