Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By miszslick
Addicted to pain pills. Oxy mostly today is day two... my second time around .
    Thisaddictchick83 is offline New Member

Default Addicted to pain pills. Oxy mostly today is day two... my second time around .

Hi I'm new here. I'm in my thirtys and have been an addict for about 4+ years. Today is day two of no opiates and I'm feeling ok. Although this time I did a taper instead of cold turkey. And the first time I was just getting off the street. They seemed to be effective everywhere. And I was up to prolly 6-7 oxy 30 a day. It was brutal! This time I has a surgery... of course.. always the case. And my doc help me ween off from 30 milligrams a day to 15 percoset ... then I jumped... and here I am.... day two....and it still sucks lol. But .... could be worse. So for now.... it's one minute, one hour, one day at a time!
    The addict Theaddictchick ✌

etxday5 is offline Junior Member

Good for you! I am new here too and on day 6...... and still it can be bad, but not like it was on day 2 or 3.
    This morning I had a cup of coffee at work that nearly gave me a panic attack! lol what a mess. I know it is only Wednesday, but I can't wait to come back in on Monday morning and look back at how much better I am than right now. You are right, it could be worse!

Congrats on your days! Today stoll is rough. But.... a little better than yesterday. The sleepless kills me! And the anxiety lol. But I'm hanging in. Day three. I agree.... exited to get to a few more days too be able to look back and see how much better I feel... keep fighting the good fight!

anylabtestwaco is offline New Member

Default Re : Addicted to pain pills. Oxy mostly today is day two... my second time around

Its good for you and many pain killers will start spoiling your bones at very small age.

miszslick is offline New Member

I just had ankle surgery due to a bad car accident. I have a pilon fracture and they place 2 plates and 12 screws. Loke thats not bad enough. They shot me up with morphine and it didnt work. Then they gave dilaudid through my iv... man i was in heaven. Every 4 hours they gave me a shot. It helped so much with the pain and it feel amazing. I couldnt wait for my next dose. Then they weaned me off by giving me one 30mg oxy for the day plus an additional 10mg of oxy every 4 hours. When i was discharged they gave a perscription of 5/325mg pers but it wasnt as nearly as good as the original immediate release oxy. Soon after i realized that i wasnt having as much pain but i was depending on the meds. I couldnt wait for my time to come to take them. Today is my 5 day and i feel much better than the first few days without them. Man... talk about vomiting, diarrhea, slight dizziness, terrible anxiety, and insomnia in the beginning was the worst. Basically i drank loads of orange juice, water, and you have to make sure and eat in time... cause ur body needs the calories, vitamins and minerals. Yea you may throw up but still keep yourself up. Especially hydrated. Its been working for me. I mean im not a normal user ive just been on it for a month. So maybe my wd time maybe shorter. I hope you keep it up.... try not to use anymore medicine substitutions. You're basically going from one drug to the next which makes no sense. We both got this!!! We can do it....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-24-2016 at 01:46 AM.
    Thisweekforsure likes this.

Gracie2016 is offline New Member

Are you still doing good? I'm in your shoes. Tomorrow will be day 7 for me and I still don't have any energy. This is awful!

I'm on day seven I believe. Kinda loat count. Ugh I'm so tired and zero energy. But I'm just trying to take it one minute one hour and one day at a time. I have a two year old also. So my house is well ... need I say more lol. I'm irritable and anxiety thru the roof. But I'm hanging in there.....

Good job... i know how u feel... i have a 7 and 5 year who fights a lot... and dealing with thise symptoms is hard... but i have faith that you can do it...

Thank you! I too have faith in you! I also have a ten year old and a seven year old.... so yes.... the fighting is hard lol. But they are gone all day at school so I get some kinda break only having my toddler. My husband us amazing and so understanding. Has my back 100 and is trying his best to help. I am thinking about some kind of after care at this time now. As I been a heavy addict for years. Then having to go back on them to have a hysterectomy and gallbladder removed. I think my brain may need some retraining.... lol
    But I'm hanging in there. Today I woke up better than others. But the anxiety still kicked in. And my body is sore ... still kinda drained just looking forward to waking up everyday and feeling a lot less of all this day by day.

Hi, how are you? I hope you're doing well. Im much better my withdrawals are completely gone. I feel normal again. Whats your status?

Piercedpik is offline New Member

Hi I'm new here too
    I just went thru a short detox after having a fourth (this year) very BRUTAL withdrawal from percs
    I'm glad you're off! <3

Please never go back, that's what I'm trying to keep telling myself

I'm considering some kinda group therapy, I think people in our position always need connection and support