Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes
Ahh Day 9 off Subs AGAIN
    10years39days is offline Member

Hey Max! Glad to hear from you! 30 days coming right up!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Hey 10-

Yes sir. Today is now day 30. If I can get through this day, it will now be an official record for me for consecutive days sober.

I'm feeling pretty good about that.
    New day new life new attitude.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Well done!! Congratulations on 30 big ones! Keep it going. It only gets better. You having cake tonight as well?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beef I sure am. Chocolate on chocolate.

A lot of things are changing in my life and for the good.

I have yet to share this, but I've had my house up for sale for a few months. Since the last full day my cousin was alive was spent in this house of horrors, it's been a constant reminder of the severity of it all. Not to mention I used in nearly every room of this thing.

Anyway, yesterday I got a contract on it and was able to take it off the market! New house soon to go with new found sobriety.

Today I'm house shopping with the kid and wife. Hopefully we find something soon since we gotta be out in 40 days!

Lol!

Hoping everyone has a blessed and safe day!

New house with new sobriety. You said it!! That's awesome!! Have a great time today. You're doing awesome!!

Beef

Thanks Beef.

Lots of moving parts. But soon we will all see spring and embrace all the wonders of things coming to life everywhere.

I just seriously hope I have the strength to stay on this path and to ensure no more Day ones are in my future.

Max I’m so dang proud of you! Oh I can’t wait for spring...can’t wait to smell those cherry blossoms. They’ll be blooming here in just a couple of short months.

shipper is offline Junior Member

Default hang on

todays day 20 off opiates.grateful for that.paws is tough,anxious,tired,bored.get out a little,mostly watch tv,read bible and pray(out of desperation and hope) cant wait for day to end,hoping tommorrow willl be better.im realistic,only time will help.have read a lot of success stories,gives me hope.ill pray for you,you can endure.us drug addicts can be tough if we have to.i feel defeated so i keep askng god to help me.i know he will.cant go on being a hopeless broke desperite lying selfish drug adict

Shipper- that's terrific you have 20 days clean! As you've seen, there isn't a soul on this site who hasn't felt the misery that early recovery can bring. Just know we are here for you too. I appreciate the prayers and I ll be sure to say one for you too tonight. Hang in there. After all, we are tough and we will get through it together.

10- thank you! It's been a big deal to me to get to this point. Just like you, we are developing tools to cope with this new life of being clean. Feels pretty good doesn't it?
    Hope you all had a great day!

Day 31.

Woke up feeling terrific!

House shopping was interesting. Looking at one again today. Fingers crossed!

Oh and I've been able to see the old budget have a few (ok more like a few hundred) more bucks available since I'm not spending it on garbage.

Hope everyone has a blessed and beautiful day! After all it's out there waiting on us.

Made it through the weekend.
    One thing I'm really appreciative for is the urge to put something in my body hasn't really crept in. Hoping that continues!

Only annoying thing at this point is the appetite seems to come and go. But that's it. I feel incredibly strong mentally right now and am allowing myself to continue with confidence.

Sobriety and me are hanging back, eating popcorn and watching movies together and it's great!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Day 33 and I am feeling darn good.

Almost at a point where I don't wake up with a certain day I'm on and dread it.

Soo last night we found a house. Put an offer in on it today so fingers crossed!

What an awesome time to transform. Feeling more strength as the days progress. And hope has returned for me.

Thank you all for the courage and strength to carry me when I was unable to do it by myself.

Every one of you who has provided me with positive inspiration are now and forever etched into my story. I know I still have a ways to go but I am hopeful that this last run was it.

Hope you all have a terrific day!

That's great max! Almost as great as the Blue Devils basketball squad will be over the next few years!! Lol. Really hope the house works out for you. Can't tell you how proud of you I am. You're doing such a great job!!! Keep up the good work my friend!!

Beef

Lol!

We've got a lot of de brain washing to do with you Beef.

Now say after me "Coach K is a crook".

That's it! Nice work!

It's a new day. We are about to buy the house we've always wanted. It's now or never baby and I'm choosing right here right now (Wait..did I just quote Sammy Hagar?) oh jeez lou friggin ease

UK huh. Well I guess I'd be a little bit sour if I was on the losing side of "The Shot"

Think I might have to pencil in a vote for president on the Krzyzewski, Laettner ticket.

Lol.
    Beef

I would support that ticket.

Wavision is offline Member

Congrats on getting your new house. My fiance and I bought the house we really wanted a couple years ago. Good times.

Glad to see you are doing good.

Any true U.K. Fab would tell you that was a game for the ages. But I still hate Laetner.

Thanks Wavison!

It's really amazing to me. I grew up super poor and to be in a place where we are set to buy this amazingly beautiful place is really humbling.

my kid and I workef the soup kitchens at the homeless shelter this past year and it inspired me to do more.

I hear ya. That was a h.ell of a game!! I'm sure if I wasn't a Duke fan I'd hate Laettner also. Nobody likes to get bullied around by a pretty boy. He played tough though.

I'm so happy for you with the house. And working the soup kitchens sounds awesome. I think you just inspired me to do some more giving back!!

Hope you have a great night buddy!!

Beef

Hey Max how’s it going? Cheering you on man!

Hey Max - just swinging by to check in with ya! Hopefully you don’t have the flu like pretty much everyone else. Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

Been a looong few days. Sorry I've gone AWOL for a few days. Work has been insane and trying to find another house to buy is just very difficult. Everyone we have said yes to has had some type of structural issues. I know the right one will come along but we are seriously running out of time.

I'll try to get on as often as I can. Hope you all are well
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey Max. Just got done watching 30 for 30 "I hate Christian Laettner" Nice trip down memory lane. Just made me think of you and wonder how you're doing. Post whenever you can buddy.

Beef

Life is super surreal. I once heard addiction is like standing in freezing rain and there's a blanket around you but no matter the attempts to stretch it, it just doesn't cover you. For me addiction and early recovery are just like that. The coldness reaches through me and chills to the bone. The people in my life love me but they are incapable of stretching the blanket. Seems to me I'm the only one capable. The struggle belongs solely to me.

I'm still hanging in there. Today is #41 I think. I'm numb to the counting of days and have been focusing on staying right here in the present. Most times it takes all I have to do that.

There's so much I need to say.

There's so much I need to hear.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Max, congratulations keep on doing what your doing Proud of You. Take it one min at a time 5 minutes at a time just make it til midnight... keep racking up those clean days.

Hey max. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. This will pass too. I know sometimes it feels like that dark cloud is following you all day and it just won't let up. One day you'll wake up and just be living your life. I'm so proud of what you have accomplished so far, and you should be too!! Just like lvg said one at a time.

You got this my friend!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Wavision is offline Member

Keep at it Max. There are others like myself that are going through this taper process and looking up to you. You got this man. Stay strong....
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

How we doing today Max?? Just checking in on you. Post when you can

Beef

Hey Max! Hope today is going good! It’s a good day for me, because I have collected the teardrops of Tom Brady. I’m gonna try to sell them on the dark web...which happens to be the same place that Tom sold his soul to the devil.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast