Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Amazingly simple cure for my restless legs
    Anonymous Guest

Default Amazingly simple cure for my restless legs

Hi! I'm new, but have been lurking while awaiting my approval to post these past few weeks. I am a nurse, a mom, wife, chronic pain sufferer (RA and lupus, yeah me!) and currently weaning off tramadol. I'm at the point where I'd rather feel the pain than wake up with my body begging to be medicated because it's physically addicted to the pills.

So that leads me to my reason for posting; Those pesky restless legs. You've been there right?! Whether you're weaning/tapering or just plain cold turkey, chasing your legs around the bed has got to be the worst part of it! Each time I taper (I'm down to 150-200 mg tramadol) I have to restart this torture for the couple of nights it takes my body to adjust. Trying not to add more meds to the mix, so I searched for alternative solutions. Baths, Epson, lavender, blah blah blah...never works for me! One night in the depths of restless leg despair I found an article about using Irish Spring Soap.

You've got to be kidding me?! A bar of soap? Yeah right. I was out shopping the next day and mindlessly grabbed a bar. That night I dreaded going to sleep. I could feel the signs as I laid my weary body down to read to my kids...that vague thrumming and twitching. Great! Another sleepless night! But didn't I buy that soap?!

I ran down and grabbed the bar from my bag and off I went to my bedroom. Disgusted with my body for denying me rest, I threw the bar of soap under my blankets and decided to have a grand old pity party. Within seconds, I felt my legs still themselves. What? This can't be happening. I immediately fell into a deep sleep and was awaken by a warm sensation...a floating feeling. Turns out my 4 year old had crawled in with me and then proceeded to pee all over me while we both slept peacefully. Good times.

So, every night I'm throwing a bar of Irish spring in bed with me...it's working. It is actually working! I pray it works for you. I'm the big skeptic on the planet, but man...how cool it is to find this.

illmans is offline New Member

I. Have. Nothing. To. Lose.

Soap it is.

Anonymous Guest

I know it sounds ridiculous, right?! I actually had to stay overnight with family yesterday and did not have my evening dose of pain meds! By about midnight, my skin was on fire and I was in full withdrawal, even though I'm only on a small tramadol dose. Sigh. Anyway, remembered that I had stuck a bar in my bag to give to a friend, so I ripped that puppy open and was asleep in minutes. It's the leg part that is the worst. That I was able to sleep 6 hours even though I felt like I was burning, is kinda of a miracle.

I bought several bars and have started handing them out to people like a weird Irish spring fairy! I am hoping this works for you! There is no bigger skeptic than I, and here I am preaching the gospel

ForMe30 is offline Member

I have nothing to lose either, well except for the RLS which is my downfall and has lead my to always take another pill. My husband uses that soap so I have plenty. I guess tonight I have a date with Irish spring.

Anonymous Guest

Forme30, I have faith you will sleep like a baby! Soon you'll be handing out bars of it to your friends

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

I have also heard of this and have been skeptical. By the way hello all and I am on day 12 of no suboxone!!!! I believe I am through the worst of it. But I know it's gonna be a long and grueling process. Right now the worst of my symptoms are the exhaustion, rls, and of course no sleep goes right with it. Tried magnesium and zinc for rls and sleep. Worked great first night. But last night I maybe got 1-2 hours. It sounds too good to be true but I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes. At this point I'll try anything to get a couple of hours. Thanks for listening. Good luck to all.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Tried the bar for two nights now. First night worked great. Second not so much. Second night maybe got a few hours. I'm gonna try it again tonight and probably every night until I get through this. I've heard it works great for some people and others not so much. I'll keep everyone updated with my progress. By the way today is day 14 without suboxone. Staying strong