Any advice appreciated
    iwantmyoldselfback is offline New Member

Default Any advice appreciated

I have been doing my research and reading threads for a few days now. I want to get off the Norco I'm tired of taking pills. I have been putting this off for a while now I have been to afraid of the withdraw symptoms but I'm ready to do it now. I have to I miss my old self way to much and I'm tired of missing out on life. I feel its just passing me by day after day. I was wondering if anyone has fibro and detoxed? Did your fibro get worse or better? Will taking Lyrica help with the withdraw symptoms or not? Can I continue to take Lyrica and stop the Norco. Gosh I have so many question. Help someone please give me some guidance.

iwantmyoldselfback is offline New Member

A little background info on myself. My neck got jacked up in 2010. I had a pretty strenuous job and couldn't afford to take off work so my doc prescribed me some pain killers so I could work basically and hoping my neck would get better. Haha Well it didn't I didn't want to have surgery so I kept taking the pills and working. Physical therepy and injections you know the drill for 3 long years I battled with it until I couldn't bare the pain anymore even being pretty medicated. I had no choice so off to surgery I went. Did pretty well for a while I thought I was good to go. Yep wrong again here comes the lower back issues on top of my lingering neck pain. Then in 2014 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and its been one heck of a ride. My fibro is severe. I want off the pain meds in hopes the fibro eases. Ive got to get better one way or another I will try anything Ive been so bad for too long.
    The most pain med I have taken in a day is 6 Norco 10/325. For the last year I cut back to 4 a day. I know its not a lot compared to some of the post I have read. The last 2 weeks I have been tapering I'm down to 1 a day but omg do I hurt. I don't know if this is withdraws I'm experiencing or my other illness. Please someone help me!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iwantmyoldselfback View Post
    A little background info on myself. My neck got jacked up in 2010. I had a pretty strenuous job and couldn't afford to take off work so my doc prescribed me some pain killers so I could work basically and hoping my neck would get better. Haha Well it didn't I didn't want to have surgery so I kept taking the pills and working. Physical therepy and injections you know the drill for 3 long years I battled with it until I couldn't bare the pain anymore even being pretty medicated. I had no choice so off to surgery I went. Did pretty well for a while I thought I was good to go. Yep wrong again here comes the lower back issues on top of my lingering neck pain. Then in 2014 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and its been one heck of a ride. My fibro is severe. I want off the pain meds in hopes the fibro eases. Ive got to get better one way or another I will try anything Ive been so bad for too long.
    The most pain med I have taken in a day is 6 Norco 10/325. For the last year I cut back to 4 a day. I know its not a lot compared to some of the post I have read. The last 2 weeks I have been tapering I'm down to 1 a day but omg do I hurt. I don't know if this is withdraws I'm experiencing or my other illness. Please someone help me!
    Welcome to the forum! I have no experience, information or advice regarding the fibro. I have heard that Lyrica does help with opiate withdrawal? If you are only taking 1 Norco a day then you should just jump off now! Your Norco use has been pretty small and with the tapering that you have already done your withdrawal symptoms will hopefully be pretty mild? You'll need a month or two off of the opiates to know what your actual pain level is/will be? You can use the vitamins and supplements in the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal to help ease the Norco detox, do not use the benzos as they are extremely addictive! Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Hopefully someone will stop by your thread that has experience with fibro, Lyrica and opiates? Keep us updated? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I have no experience, information or advice regarding the fibro. I have heard that Lyrica does help with opiate withdrawal? If you are only taking 1 Norco a day then you should just jump off now! Your Norco use has been pretty small and with the tapering that you have already done your withdrawal symptoms will hopefully be pretty mild? You'll need a month or two off of the opiates to know what your actual pain level is/will be? You can use the vitamins and supplements in the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal to help ease the Norco detox, do not use the benzos as they are extremely addictive! Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Hopefully someone will stop by your thread that has experience with fibro, Lyrica and opiates? Keep us updated? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    You can think of lyrica as being equivalent to gabapentin, may help with some RLS during opiate withdrawal. It's like a newer generation gabapentin. The opiates and lyrica are baisically separate, you wouldn't have to do anythign special with the lyrica during your quest to stop opiates.

Treating fibro is tricky. A lot debate on fibro, some docs kinda are skeptical if it really exists. The treatment for fibro is complex, consists of all kinds of stuff like SNRI (like effexor), or lyrica, or physical therapy/psychotherapy - definitely not opiates thought as that will lead to cautionary tales like this one. With opiates for chronic pain.... there is no end game. YOu just keep going up and up on the dose to cover up instead of fixing symptoms this and this is what happens... stuck on opiates wanting to get off.

Good job on your taper, 1x 10mg a day norco is almost nothing. If you can maintain on that without issues, you can probably even drop that habit without much issues as well, or can try to go to half a tab a day.

However, big problem here - what is your chronic pain strategy to make things manageable without opiates? You might have some rebound pain when you get off the opiates.. as your brain is used to high dose opiates to feel "normal" in regards to its pain, so when you suddenly take it away the pain flares and becomes worse than it really is for a bit. Give it like maybe 1-2 weeks for you to truly read how your neck/fibro pain is when you are off opiates.

There is no good sexy solutions for chronic pain. The solutions are like NSAID's, gabapentin, lyrica, physical therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, yoga, lidocaine patch, icy hot patch, and if a candidate injections/surgery which aren't guarantees to work, etc.... should have a discussion with your doc about putting a plan in place for chronic pain symptoms after stopping opiates. The opiate route is a route with no end game.... you cover up your symptoms with opiates... and there comes a point where you just keep going up and up on the dose with no plan and in the end the opiates become their own problem that is much more severe than the pain problem as we can all see.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-19-2017 at 12:11 PM.