any advice on gabapentin for withdrawals from suboxone
    endopamyelin is offline New Member

Default any advice on gabapentin for withdrawals from suboxone

Im currently on suboxone 0.125mg / 24 hours for the past 5days,able to skip a day :-) and extend the time of taking it. However im afraid when totally jump from it. Someone gave me gabapentin 100mg he use it for his chronic pain and say it works for him. Searched and fpund some articles That say it Help for wdrawals? Im afraid to take it. I dont wanna ruin my liver since last cold turkey i used a bunch of tylenol. What do u guys think? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I want to get my old life back

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by endopamyelin View Post
    Im currently on suboxone 0.125mg / 24 hours for the past 5days,able to skip a day :-) and extend the time of taking it. However im afraid when totally jump from it. Someone gave me gabapentin 100mg he use it for his chronic pain and say it works for him. Searched and fpund some articles That say it Help for wdrawals? Im afraid to take it. I dont wanna ruin my liver since last cold turkey i used a bunch of tylenol. What do u guys think? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I want to get my old life back
    Hi there ... again

My sub doc prescribed gabapentin when I told him I was going off the subs a while back. I still have the whole bottle. I'm saving them for when I jump off since I'm not sure how the WD will be. I've heard it can be quite helpful. Just be careful and don't take it for too long. I believe it's for nerve pain which is why is helps WD's. Also, I don't think it has any acetaminophen in it.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-11-2013 at 02:07 PM.

nobby02 is offline Member

My primary Doctor prescribed me gabapentin and I have to say that it took away about 75% of the physical symptoms. The anxiety was still there and the restlessness, I take atenolol anyway and that helped and unisom.

mmtsavedme is offline New Member

They do help, I really think that's why most pain docs prescribe it along w narcotics to help if u run out.
    I used much more than prescribed tho,iI took about 1,000-1,400mg but it helped tremendously with my with- drawls & pain.
    Made mW a little dizzy & funny feeling but really helped wd"'s!
    There's no acetaminophen or apap in it & it is a nerve pain med.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-10-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: would like to add..