Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GoodMojo
Anyone else that cant sleep?
    MamaByrd is offline New Member

Default Anyone else that cant sleep?

I made a post earlier. I am new to the forum and looking for some friends to show me the way of the forum. Someone to chat with when I cant sleep. I would love to help others while others help me as well. I cant explain how much better it makes me feel now that I have joined this forum. I feel like such a weight is lifted off of me. It made me feel so much better. If anyone is having issues sleeping or want to know my full story and just chat and give me encouragement and advice I am all here. It is past 1:30am and I am officially day 5. Also I dont know how to do any of this so just add me as a friend or to a support group if you would like. Thanks in advance.
    I can do anything when it comes to my kids

GoodMojo is offline New Member

Hi MamaByrd! I sure can appreciate insomnia. I suffered with it before I ever took drugs, but after stopping them, wow! Sleep became a distant memory for a while.

It took about a month for sleep to return, but it did return. I still have restless nights, but I am getting at least 4-6 hours now, and don’t get frustrated over it much.

As for the site features you have to subscribe on each page or group, but anyone can friend each other. It took me about a week to figure the site out, but I did what I could.

Welcome to the forums!
    MamaByrd likes this.

MamaByrd is offline New Member

Yea I suffered from insomnia before hand also. I also have bipolar so there has been days that I didnt see sleep. Thankfully those have been a loooong time. I think I got a litle less then 3 hours. I believe if I could actually get some really good sleep I would wake up refreshed and feeling better. The last 2 nights it was my oldest son waking me up. LAst night it was my youngest. But thanks for the advice. I am still trying to learn how to work the boards lol.
    I can do anything when it comes to my kids

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Mama, welcome to the forums! Sleep takes a bit to return to "normal", but it does get better in time. A few things that seemed to help me when I first jumped were either using melatonin or a product called "Dream Water". I know there's a sleepy time tea that some have had success with as well.

I found it best just to rest when I could, and when I couldn't sleep to get up and do something. Was too easy to get caught up in my thoughts if I just lay there doing nothing.

As far as the forums, just keep posting and I'm sure more people will be by. Congrats on taking your life back, and keep at it!!