Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stell76
Anyone experienced in buprenorphine patch withdrawal....
    Stell76 is offline Junior Member

Default Anyone experienced in buprenorphine patch withdrawal....

OK I have been on 20mg Buph patches for a year...
    Last week I lost a whole packet of them that means for the next 2 weeks and 3 days I cant get a script...
    So as of the last 2 days I have 5 mg on me and I have 5mg for next week...better than nothing at all I suppose but I am suffering badly
    In other words I have gone from wearing a 20mg patch to wearing a 5mg patch...
    Any thoughts on the matter ?
    And no I cant see my Dr too early ...it is a Gov scheduled script and my Doc is rigid
    Will my body adjust ? how bad are the WDs ect...
    PS these are 7 day patches

OK...it is day hmmm let me see I attached a quarter of a patch to my arm on Sun today is Wed but I slipped by cutting off a small portion of my next weeks quarter patch to chew I felt so bad on Mon...I wont be doing that again as I have exactly 2 weeks before next script.
    So I still have the drug in me but a quarter of what I normally have...
    If its true what I read that it has a half shelf life of 36 to 72 hrs I have not hit worst of WDs yet !! eek
    I know you guys in USA prolly do not have Burp patches...you all seem to take it in Subexone way...
    I am an addict but my script was done as pain relief for a bad back not as a way to stop using...
    Perhaps I am in the wrong forum...please let me know if that is the case
    But WD is WD right ?
    And I am def not in denial I am a druggie 30 years on and off including the dreaded Methadone
    My monthly script is 4 20mg patches plus 60 10mg OXY caps for BT pain...these oxy of course do not work as the burp stops that but I take them anyway even if I dont get a high from them...
    I am caught in a never ending circle of CR#P....to say the least...
    So can anybody tell me what to expect from the WD part...am I going to be OK...
    I have run out before but had old patches I could soak to extract the tiny bit of burp left and drink that or I actually leave it swilling around my mouth for 10 mins if I can...it works...not a good thing to do...but desperate measures
    OK>>how do I feel ??...my legs today are aching my guts is rolling doing flip flops I am getting very hot flushes that roll over me every 15 mins or so ...anxiety quite bad depression and I panic and am anger...worst of all is lack of energy and feelings of hopelessness...SIGH
    I am taking sleeping tabs at night ...also potassium and calcium...Quinine for cramps and what we call paracetamol with codeine...in USA called Tyanol co [NOT exceeding rec dose] and of course immodine to control my stomach
    Will report tomorrow...if someone can offer me some support that would help

Reporting in ...it is 9pm Aussie time
    What day is today with only a tiny bit of Burp left in me...end of day 2 so I figure I might be worse tomorrow
    Not feeling at all good tonight...
    All my bones aching stomach is churning I am stressed and my head is like fairy floss [cotton candy]
    Very very tired and extremely lethargic thoughts scattered to the winds...
    Going to take 5 lomital and half a sleeping tab and 2 tyanol codine with a big drink of water...
    I just wish I knew what to expect or even how long the worst lasts so I had something to look forward to...
    I have read every thread concerning burb WD on this site and others...
    But no one actually says how bad it is or how long it takes...just that you should taper...well I know that but I did not...
    Robert seems to be the guru of Sub WD
    Will report tomorrow...I understand why people dont reply...how would you know ?
    Maybe this log might help someone else doing similar...so I will report every day it helps me track my condition too...
    Good night ! or I hope it will be !

9 AM
    OK morning of another day...its about 65 hrs getting close to the 72 hr Burb stays in the system time
    Not feeling too bad...I might be better than yesterday ??? so far
    I did the COW test last night I am 13 or 14 so moderate
    I was feeling pretty bad until I took the immodine last night 5 2mg tabs it def dose work
    But what damage am I doing to myself ?
    Going to try not to take any this morning just 2 tyanol co
    I have to work...how am I going to do that ??
    Will check in later

Cat said I could RANT if I need to
    I just thought of something....
    Something those pain docs or phyc docs or GPs or any medical pro dont tell you
    Its antidepressants
    If we think we have it tough with opiates...and there is no doubt we do
    But the worst stuff I ever came off and that includes Methadone and Fentanal is something called Mirtazipin [spelling]
    Worst WD I have ever had in fact I had to ask my DR for oxy to help get off the stuff which of course started this cycle
    I thought for sure I would die and as I said I tapered from 400 yes 400 mgs not 40 of Methadone a day once 30 years ago...dont ask !!
    Anyway that was a jump in the pool compared to Mirt different to opiate WD but I felt so sick i mean nausea all day every day for months could not eat from months and my head
    END OF RANT lol
    But thinking if I got through that I can do this...maybe ?

Time 3.15 pm
    OK so got very hot flushes today legs are gone and its hard to concentrate
    But I worked...well sort of
    Now to get through the night....have not taken lomitil today did not need to so am going to play that by ear
    All I know is I have to give up or not let this happen again
    I am always short in the last weeks but not this short...how did this happen sigh

Thank you Oxyaddictionhelper [apt name]
    But too late I am an addict already been on these patches for over 2 years and 60 ten mg oxys to boot..although I am not addicted to those as I use the whole lot within 3 days I also abuse the Burp patches...
    Although I was prescribed these things for pain I abuse them big time always have...
    I started narcotics at 16 and I am now in my 40s....
    I have had long times in apstinence ...but am back into it for the last few years
    Of course I am totally sick of it
    So yes I am thinking of stopping...but am in full withdrawal almost now and not a happy camper...feeling bad tonight

7.25 pm
    Not too good at all really suffering...very tired very discombobulated very strong heat flushes a lot of lethargy legs are cramping
    Going to take 5 imodium tonight plus a sleeper and drink or cheek some old patches I soaked last week...
    Yes there is still meds left on patches when you remove them believe it or not...if you cut out the matrix the part with the burp and you soak for a few days with white vinegar ...it is enough to stop full WDs
    But wont have enough for more than a few days...
    And I have 13 days to go...14 actually lol 13 .5 until my doc see me whewwww
    But yeah...can you tell I am buggered

4.20 pm
    today I am dangerously depressed with no one to confide in at all [except you lot] its getting harder for me
    I took lomital tabs ...5 today which im not happy about but they help
    Had a hot bath and tried to do tax without much sucess
    Just took some paracetamol with codeine but doubt that will help
    Tomorrow is another day

S$#T...5pm
    Not a good day no energy legs are killing me stayed in bed but did walk to shop sweating an hurting all the way...
    It would really help me to know how long the bad part of WDs from BURP lasts is it really 3 weeks full on ??? please God no
    I have another 12 days of this...I mean if it was going to be 4 or 5 days like from OXY well sure then I would tough it out but 3 weeks with no tapper ???
    Somebody must know how long this truly lasts
    I cant work it out because it was a 20 micg patch how dose that work as to how much like subexone works in mgs no idea
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stell76 View Post
    S$#T...5pm
    Not a good day no energy legs are killing me stayed in bed but did walk to shop sweating an hurting all the way...
    It would really help me to know how long the bad part of WDs from BURP lasts is it really 3 weeks full on ??? please God no
    I have another 12 days of this...I mean if it was going to be 4 or 5 days like from OXY well sure then I would tough it out but 3 weeks with no tapper ???
    Somebody must know how long this truly lasts
    I cant work it out because it was a 20 micg patch how dose that work as to how much like subexone works in mgs no idea
    Making these conversions has never been my strong point. I just used Google to do a conversion and it says that 20mcg is equal to .02 mg. If that's true, and that's the bupe it could be worse. I know hard to imagine. Boy. By the time you see your doctor, you won't be far from being much better. Nothing you can do right now but push through it. Then when it's time to see your doctor, really ask yourself if you have a repeat in you or make the better choice to tough it out and be done! This isn't worth it. I hope you find it within yourself to be done with this now. Only you can decide that. I most certainly understand just wanting relief but it NEVER comes without walking through the unpleasantness and starting over at some other point is most certainly where it will end up.

Try to find just one good thing today. You know we're here for you no matter what.

Peace,

Cat

JohnsonJoe03 is offline New Member

I was confused until the end... Microgram, I was puzzled when I read 20mg patch, because at 20mg you wouldn't even really be sick for 4-5 days and it would last 30+ days... Typically... No wonder you are sick so fast at a microgram dose though... I'm at 0.25mg so 250 micrograms of suboxone a day, and that's usually where people jump off...

With that low of a dose, your breakthrough pain meds should still work? I know if I went and got some pills at my 0.25mg dose of suboxone It would be like the bupe wasn't even there, just my exp... WD shouldn't be that bad at that low of a dose, but everyone is different. I'd say you're looking at a pretty uncomfortable 7 days and better by the 14-20 day mark. Crazy how strong this stuff is...

I can't really offer any help but what numerous doctors have told me is that under 1mg, so 1000 micrograms, "It's all in your head" and you can jump at any time. Well most of us know that's not entirely true, and while some of it is mental the first week is definitely still physical sickness, I've even had a doctor say 2mg is a good amount to jump off from, heh.

Just treat the symptoms as they come, check out the Thomas recipe if you haven't already, Loperamide will help with GI issues and even relieve symptoms, Melatonin, take a vitamin, I don't eat for like 2 days when I force myself to skip days then when I drink a bunch of water and take vitamins/boost I feel a lot better, without the sub. I think I exacerbate my WD symptoms by sitting around and dehydrating myself while starving.