Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marathonnotasprint
To anyone who has successfully tapered
    Marathonnotasprint is offline New Member

Default To anyone who has successfully tapered

I've done CT and am now trying to taper off Tramadol. For those who have felt successful in tapering, what was your DOC, how long and at what encriment was your taper, and what were your first 5 to 6 days like?

Thanks all, in advance.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

kbaer is offline New Member

Hi Marathonnotasprint! You have answered your own question in your user name! That's right, tapering off is for the long haul and requires a lot more than just cutting back on your medication. Just like a marathon. A sprint is like, "okay, I have X amount of pills here, let's see if I can space them out until I don't need them anymore " this never works! Even if you have convinced yourself that your not addicted, your body is! The only successful way to do this is to change everything in your life...first , change your thinking. Your mind is going to lie to you and tell you that you need it when you don't. So when that happens, just know that it's a lie. If you would like some help with this, I would be glad to help. I would just need a bit more info about what you take , the mg's, and how often, and the method used to take them. Hoping to hear from you soon!

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marathonnotasprint View Post
    I've done CT and am now trying to taper off Tramadol. For those who have felt successful in tapering, what was your DOC, how long and at what encriment was your taper, and what were your first 5 to 6 days like?

Thanks all, in advance.

Hello! I've tried tapering & did ok for a week or two.. but it's hard to do it for many weeks. You have to taper by at least 10-20% per week. But most important once you taper down, stay at that dose & not keep going up and down in dosing. That can be soooo hard! You will feel the w/d symptoms kick in to some degrees ever time you taper down, at least I did. And I tapered by a small amount each week. I had to c/t it but at the time I was taking oxy & tramadol. I tapered the tramdol quite a bit before I c/t it. Also I take a SSRI Lexapro which I'm sure helped me with the depression & anxiety a bit. But keep posting & reading... that's what I'm doing. You can do it!! There is a lot of help here!