Ativan use and anxiety
    Charmcity22 is offline New Member

Default Ativan use and anxiety

So here is my question for everyone,first off I'll say hi as I'm new here but here is my question.'ve been on 0.5 mgs Ativan for I'd say 3 weeks now and have taken off and on but most everyday with a few days off,last night I took 1mg buy accident,my doctor prescribed me 0.5 to take as needed and I had a 1mg dose mixed in with the 0.5 pills,I became very very anxious tonight it was bad so I took 0.5 dose or the lowest dose,I did not like the feeling of the 1mg dose at all as I felt drunk and woozy all night it was horrible,can one become addicted after 3 weeks of being on the lowest dose.i don't have an addictive personality at all as I'm afraid to take tylonal.i become anxious tonight maybe because I have not consumed much water today.i take Concerta daily as well.My doctor prescribed me 0.5 dose of 20.pills and out of those I took 9 of them not sure it was everyday but most everyday.as I say one night I took 1mg by accident.but do I need to taper or what do I Do,I'm afraid if I stop I'll get the withdrawal symptoms but after short term?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey charmcity. Welcome to the forum. First off I'm no expert or doctor. But I had a friend who used Ativan for 4 weeks and had stopped c/t and i know he had several withdrawl symptoms. I'm not saying that will happen with you as everybody reacts differently. And I have no idea of how much he was prescribed. All I know is that benzos can be a nasty habit to kick. I would suggest spending some time in the sub-forum. Reading others threads. It has helped me tremendously in these past 4weeks. The people on this site are amazing and will help you along your journey. Ask as many questions as you need to. Someone will be by in a bit to give you some more and probably detailed info about your situation. Weekends can be a little slow here as people are out living their lives. So just be patient. Have a great day and keep your head up!!

Beef

Charmcity22 is offline New Member

Thank you very much for the reply.its just tough when I've never taken a bend before,but have a great day