Battling Depressing with my taper
    Scissors is offline New Member

Default Battling Depressing with my taper

I am new here, just reading what everyone else is going through and it all sounds like me. I've been addicted to percs for atleast the last 5 years but now I'm sooooo sick of them, at one point I was taking 2 at time up to 10-12 a day. I've now got down to 3-4 a day problem is at 3 I get super depressed and a lot of anxiety and this effects my work, I'm a hairstylist I have to be "on" at work. Happy social and smiling. I just need to get over this hump, but I don't see how I'm ever gonna fully get off them. Not a single person in my life knows about my addiction, they think I'm battling depression

Arizona07 is offline New Member

I understand what you are going through. I'm been on perc and vic for 4 years and I take then at this point to function.I couldn't take time off to detox sooo I have to do it while babysitting all these kids. I'm on my second day of the process and feel a ton better than I did yesterday. The first day was cruddy. I don't have any benzos or valium or xanax. My husband got me a multivitamin, coconut water for legs cramps and glucosamine. I also take milk thistle for my liver and an all natural calming pill twice a day. I'm also on vit c and b6. Oh and to sleep two ibprofen pms. I feel more clear headed today yet I'm super emotional. It will get better, you need someone to support you and help you. Good luck

Hi there. I tapered off Suboxone not too long ago and experience some moodiness and anxiety still occasionally. Passionflower extract is cheap and works great for anxiety and mood. Also another is Ashwaghanda. And chinese nervous fatigue formula by natures sunshine works for energy, anxiety and mood. The first two are under 10 bucks and the 3rd is like 15.00.

They all work great for energy, mood and anxiety. Another good vitamin to get is a B complex vitamins. B Vitamins are the basis for natural Dopamine production. Lacking dopamine after opiate use is what causes the depression and lack of motivation. Those things help tremendously. Ive done it both with and without. With those was the longest Ive been successfully off. Taking them now eases the whole process to give the b vitamins time to work. Good luck!

Also keep your head up. This is not easy we all know what your going through. Im a Mom I have 3 kids to care for, and a full time nursing student. It is not easy I know to put on the happy "Im fine" face. It gets better pretty fast and your doing it the best way possible. It could be much worse as you know Im sure. One way in, one way out. Your brain and body will bounce back faster then you'd think. As the cliche goes...its literally ONE day at a time. Time is the only true thing thats gonna make you feel better and in the meantime try those vitamins they do help. The chinese nervous fatigue works wonders for mood and energy. Hang in there and keep pushing!

beachbuminde is offline New Member

Hey Scissors, its very re-assuring when you realize how many people are in the same boat, or have been, as you. I am a high-level professional, married, 5 kids, run a business, etc. I was raised by a Marine and a Cop. There was no whining in my house and failure was not an option. Those stupid pills sure took me down and quick. NO ONE is immune to addiction. I am on day 10 of a Suboxone kick and I still feel "strange". Not sick, just tired and my vision is still blurry at times. If you can take a few days off in a row, that would be good. Be strong, get rid of what you have left, jump off the proverbial cliff, and fight for your life! You aren't stopping meds, you are in fact fighting to get your life back. You can do it. When you are weak, come here to the forums. Even if just to read them. That was one thing that got me through it..... There are alot of great people here that are willing to help.....

Scissors is offline New Member

Thanks for the advice, and support! Last week was crazy stressful, with a work project wrapping up today, but I made it, I didn't walk out of work, or jump off a bridge ( seriously considered it a few times) I am making a trip to the health food store this week for your recommendations to help with anxiety, mood and energy. It really does help being able to come here and let it out and take in what others are going/have been through. I need to visit more often. Thanks again everyone