Belbuca questions/help
    CD81 is offline New Member

Default Belbuca questions/help

I'm curious if someone can give me any info/experience on Belbuca? I read up on it but wanted to see if anyone who was previously on subutex had any experience w/ Belbuca? I've been using oxy for about 8/9 years bouncing in between oxy & subutex. I'm ready to be done w/ oxy & was starting a taper off subutex but I no longer can get it & my only option now is Belbuca. I was previously down to 2mg of subutex a day & was going to follow the 25% deduction every 4/5 days. Now not sure how I should go about tapering since my only option is Belbuca? Should I just cut the patches using the equivalent to 2mg subutex & follow the same taper plan I was originally going with? Any feedback would be huge for me. I'm actually planning on kicking everything regardless in a little over 2 weeks, starting 23 April. I basically have an opportunity to get a week off of work & am determined to take advantage & start the terrible withdrawals & get clean. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

It's just another company's version of buprenorphine.. the same ingredient in suboxone, subutex, etc.

I would do the exact same thing with belbuca that you woulda done with subutex. Just continue taper at your same doseages as if it were subutex.

Thank you. That's what is sounded like but I'm sure a lot of you can relate how intimidating it can be with all of the variations. It's hard to keep track. Also, please let me know of any recommendations you might have to help ease the withdrawals since I'll be going through them in a couple of weeks. I know I'm going to feel bad & have to go through it regardless but I'm open to any tips, natural herbs that might help help w/ the withdrawals or maybe help get a little sleep. I went through it about 4 yrs ago where I jumped off of a 100/150mg oxy habit a day & it was pretty brutal. Def didn't sleep the 1st 5/6days & that was prob the worst of it. I also had really bad skin crawlies & that was almost unbearable. And the addictive in went back after about 5 months sober.....dumb. I was able to obtain 10-10mg muscle relaxers & a few benzos to help with the worst days/nights which sounds like will be days 3,4,&5 so I'm hoping that will maybe let me skeet an hour here or there. Sorry for the rambling, I'm pretty nervous/anxious already just thinking about the withdrawals but am determined to do it for good this time. I'll def post updates because I'm going to need whatever supp I can get. Thanks again dsh.

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CD81 View Post
    Thank you. That's what is sounded like but I'm sure a lot of you can relate how intimidating it can be with all of the variations. It's hard to keep track. Also, please let me know of any recommendations you might have to help ease the withdrawals since I'll be going through them in a couple of weeks. I know I'm going to feel bad & have to go through it regardless but I'm open to any tips, natural herbs that might help help w/ the withdrawals or maybe help get a little sleep. I went through it about 4 yrs ago where I jumped off of a 100/150mg oxy habit a day & it was pretty brutal. Def didn't sleep the 1st 5/6days & that was prob the worst of it. I also had really bad skin crawlies & that was almost unbearable. And the addictive in went back after about 5 months sober.....dumb. I was able to obtain 10-10mg muscle relaxers & a few benzos to help with the worst days/nights which sounds like will be days 3,4,&5 so I'm hoping that will maybe let me skeet an hour here or there. Sorry for the rambling, I'm pretty nervous/anxious already just thinking about the withdrawals but am determined to do it for good this time. I'll def post updates because I'm going to need whatever supp I can get. Thanks again dsh.
    Hi,
    Just so you know weekends are slow here however there are many who have withdrawn on Sub here and know exactly how to do it with the least discomfort. Hang on help will come. Congratulations on your decision to quit, such a huge accomplishment in itself.
    Wishing you complete success with this, You can do it.....
    .................................Laurie

Thank you Laurie, I appreciate the encouragement.

Go to the suboxone forum and make your own thread introducing yourself, a place to journal, post your thoughts, talk about your day, ask questions, meet ppl to get support, etc. There are several resident experts there that will guide you through the process. They follow what's called the Robert plan - it's a sticky thread at the top of the suboxone forum that will tell you what to do, you can go look at it right now. Skip the induction part... since you are already on the buprenorphine, and just follow his taper instructions.. basically 25% reduction ever 4 days, until you get to 0.50 or even lower (most go lower) and then start skipping days in between doses and jump. I have made my own thread on there too, a month ago I started suboxone, at 6mg a day, now I am on 0.75mg a day trying to taper completely off. The first 1-2 weeks were rough but since then completely smooth.

It seems you have a set quit date in mind coming up because of a prolonged break, so probably you will have to adjust the Robert plan taper schedule if you want to target a jump date for when you have off of work.

Warning about suboxone... it is long acting, so the withdrawal will be a more mild-moderate but much longer drawn out process (like maybe 5-15 days worth, instead of 3-5 days worth with short acting stuff like oxycodone. Tons of ppl have made threads jumping off suboxone from various doses... from 0.125mg all the way to 16mg cold turkey... so you can check it out, see their experiences, and figure out yourself how fast you want to taper and how much you want to be on when you finally jump off.

So, if you are at 2mg suboxone... you have enough time to jump during your target date. If you have been already on 2mg for awhile like at least 4 days.... you can now go immediately to 1.5mg x4 days, then 1mg, then 0.75, then 0.5 x4 days. That'll put your last day on 4/26.... but of course you can adjust the taper schedule if you have to.

If you taper right, and jump off a low enough dose (like 0.5mg and below), you won't need all 3 weeks to recover. For the people that jump off of 0.5mg and below doses... their experience seems to vary a whole lot based on their usage history, how long they have been on suboxone, how high of a dose they were on in the past, their specific final jump off dose, their mental fortitude/attitude, etc. But, probably the ones that jump from 0.5mg and below that have bad luck and are on the moderate to worst end of the spectrum in terms of how their jump goes.... it's still just 10 days of drawn out nonsevere WD symptoms and then it seems like they really turn a corner... so if you can get yourself low enough by the time of your jump date.. you should have ample time to recover and turn the corner before your 3 week (was it 3 wks? I forget) break is over.

Alot of ppl who jump at 0.25 and even 0.125 report barely any WD symptoms at all... just like 2 days of annoying feeling and that's it. Hopefully you get on the lucky end of the stick and have a pleasant experience.

I have a pretty long thread on there too documenting my journey..... started subs 30 days ago, at 6mg per day, now at 0.75mg and feeling pretty good, tapering right along.

OK, good luck. Rooting for you!

Thank you dsh12345, I took your advise & started a new thread. I did receive a message saying the it would have to be reviewed by an administrator before it would post. Is that normal? Unfortunately I don't have 3 weeks, only about a week and a half. There is hitch in my taper plan. I can no longer get subutex so I have to taper using Belbuca & I'll only have enough for 1/75mcg film a day until the 20th of Apr so that a significant drop. I'm def nervous but maybe it will help in the long run with the the detox? Luckily my work is prett flexible so I can take a day here & there after I get back from my week & a half break. I also have 2 great kids and a beautiful wife but for the time being it's s secret which I know isn't healthy. I plan on disclosing to the family after a few weeks when I'm back on my feet cause I know I'm going to need their support to stay clean. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Again, thank you. I'm not sure how to direct you to my knee threat? I guess I'll let you know when it gets approved and you'll be able to find it?