Boyfriend addicted to percocets- bipolar and temperamental when using
    Kvd92 is offline New Member

Default Boyfriend addicted to percocets- bipolar and temperamental when using

I have known this man for a year and a half and started dating him six months ago. I figured it out on my own from date one he was abusing and it was probably only a week later that he himself openly admitted his addiction to percocets to me and told me how badly he wanted to quit. When we got serious we agreed he would be off of them by the holidays when it came time to be around our families. I don't want to say I was cool with it but I didn't freak out or get mad every single time he used, which back then was still only snorting about 4 a day and once or twice he detoxes and was clean but only for a day or two. My patience and will power with his addiction has finally started to snap. I don't see him improving much and his temper when he is on them is getting to be too much, not to mention he is now using and lying to me to get to his pills and it is creating some trust issues.

When he was younger he lived with a nice old woman and her son who suffers from depression, now my boyfriend uses the excuse of taking care of them and brining them groceries as an excuse to go over to this old woman's house. This is where he gets the pills, the old woman's depressed son... My boyfriend and this man have some sort of co dependency on each other and I don't get it. My boyfriend always says his friend is fed up and not giving him pills anymore but then the next day I see this guy call and text my boyfriend until he answers!!?? My boyfriend doesn't pay for them and usually gets like $20 just to "bring his friend lunch"

My boyfriend currently doesn't have his license so he predominantly relies on me and his mother for transportation. I have put my foot down and said my car is never going over to his friends house again. I also told his mother not to take him over there but he doesn't know she knows. He's down to about 1 pill a day but I think that largely has to do with him not being in control of his driving situation. He's getting his license back soon and I fear the worst

What do I do !? Advice. Suggestions.? And don't tell me to leave him please I'm not hear to read that

Efil Pleh is offline Member

Introduce your boyfriend to this forum. There any many, many very smart individuals here that have a ton of experience. If he is lucky and "WANTS" to quit he will connect with someone and go through the process together, there is nothing like people supporting people through this nasty problem.

If you love him never give up. If you want to know who really is never give up. If you feel bad for him and feel obligated for reason seek support yourself. I know you think its bad now but it can really bad. You are doing the right thing by reaching out on this forum. I bet there is a forum for people loving people who are addicted, someone here may reply with some direction on that and that is where you will find real life advice and maybe even partner with someone that is going through the same thing you are.

Stay strong and never give up.
    E.

ginncole is offline New Member

prescription pain medicine is about the worst drug to come off of however if he really wants to do it he will try but you need to let him know that you are there for him because it is definitely not going to be an easy road but if he puts his mind to it he can get clean. Being angry is a part of the process. if you do love him sincerely then try to stick by him but no it is going to be very hard to kick depending on how long he has been on them. some people can't quit cold turkey as others cannot maybe you should have him speak with a counselor or go to a narcotics addiction meeting just make sure that he needs the right people and finds a good sponsor and is not there to try to meet others and still get high. I delt and I am still dealing with a addiction on hydrocodone myself as I just recently had surgery I have gotten clean many times but every time you get clean it's harder and harder to get clean every time. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them. Good luck

FreedbyTruth is offline Junior Member

I had the Same problem and it nearly destroyed my life. I ruined my finances, I lived in a deep dark prison that I made for myself, I lied and stole and everything else I had to do to get those pills. A testimony on this very website finally led me to confess to my loved ones. I sought help and my doctor gave me a drug called clonidine or clonitine? It is a blood pressure medicine that helps with opiate withdrawals. After years of taking 10 to 20 pills a day, I walked away free and clear. He should check it out. Good luck and let us know what happens.