Boyfriend is going through withdrawal- need advice
    determinedtohelp is offline New Member

Default Boyfriend is going through withdrawal- need advice

Hi,

My boyfriend has decided to quit doing drugs. He was using percocets, doing up to 45mg a day, at least that's what he tells me. Last night he had a very hard time falling asleep. He was tossing and turning. When I opened my eyes to see what was going on, he told me he couldn't sleep, so I stayed up with him. He seemed very uncomfortable, he had restless leg, and he kept sitting up and just seemed very frustrated. At one point he sat up and said he couldn't take it anymore. I got up and made him a sleepy time tea in hopes of helping him. He finally fell asleep and I didn't even want to move or make noise so I wouldn't wake him up, but he only slept for about an hour and woke up again. In total he probably got about 2 hours of sleep and left for work this morning.

Any advice on what I can do to help him with the withdrawal? I feel so helpless

He's gone through this before, but for some reason, this time it seems worse.

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Nothing but time helpd. He really needs to set his mind to finally quit. Its rough on the first week. Then slooooowy gets better. It took me 18 days cold turkey to finally smile. Its tough. But the piper needs payback.

determinedtohelp is offline New Member

Yes, that is true. I guess all I can do is wait and hope for the best, hope this time he really wants to quit. I did buy him some Epsom salt to take a bath and hope that helps with him being in pain.

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Besides time, what really helps is to keep the mind occupied. If he is left alone to think of his symptoms, he will relapse guaranteed. Pick up some activities. Even jogging. Im almost 11 months clean of a almost 8 year non stop party 24 hours a day 365 days a year binge on vicodin. Lol. No lie..... i had a blast until the pills did nothing but make me feel normal. Then i knew i had to stop.

Charlie97353 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfrog View Post
    Besides time, what really helps is to keep the mind occupied. If he is left alone to think of his symptoms, he will relapse guaranteed. Pick up some activities. Even jogging. Im almost 11 months clean of a almost 8 year non stop party 24 hours a day 365 days a year binge on vicodin. Lol. No lie..... i had a blast until the pills did nothing but make me feel normal. Then i knew i had to stop.
    Kratom. Try kratom you can buy from smoke shops. Don't do too much just a tool to ease wds. Helps me. A lot of vitamins too. Sauna helps

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome Determined,

If your bf has been thru this before, he knows what to expect. It's 5 days of flu like symptoms then it begins to get better. The restless legs will calm down around Day 5 but sleep will take a while longer and it's different for each of us. Sleepy Time Tea or Melatonin capsules might help to at least relax him a little. I have often seen folks who smoke a little and say it helps. Others have used Kratom, but that's a dangerous road itself for anyone who has addiction issues. Honestly, the best way is to use natural over the counter remedies to help relieve some of the symptoms and be strong enough to ride it out.

What you can do is be supportive, but don't hover. When we're detoxing, we're not in the best of moods and often times trying to be helpful might only annoy him. Be gentle and supportive and if he wants to whine, let him. Remind him that you're in his corner and you'll do whatever you can but he needs to tell you what that is. We know when we're detoxing that there isn't anything anyone else can do except believe in us. Good luck to both of you.

Peace,

Cat

Patientxero is offline New Member

Your a good GF being there for him. Remind him how proud of him you are. Random hugs. Not to be gross.. But sex is amazing for a guy when detoxing if he is up to it. Just don't expect for him to.... Go long if u will.. Lol.. That 30 seconds of relief from detox is worth it.