Broken Ankle Recovery- Percocet and Oxy withdrawals...
    miszslick is offline New Member

Default Broken Ankle Recovery- Percocet and Oxy withdrawals...

I got into and accident on August 18 and sadly my ankle got broken. I was in the hospital for about 3 weeks and was given 30mg oxy and every four hours an additional 10mg of oxy. When i was discharged they gave me 60- 5/325mg percocet to take for 10 day but i didnt consume them and was crying with pain. So my doctor decided to give me Roxycodone 5mg... i took it every four hours. I ran out of it and started taking the percocet. After i ran out of the meds, my doctor said they wont give me anymore do to addiction, i began taking tylenol. Which is understandable. Its day one without it and i have been vomiting, chill/tremors, belly pains, restless, loads of yawning and no sleep. Please help... i want home remedies without taking any other pills. I just want to be normal again.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-21-2016 at 02:21 AM. Reason: add an additional part

Thisaddictchick83 is offline New Member

Hi! I'm new here as well.... but I can tell you I know what your going thru! Been there... I am now actually. But I'm on day two... and you in the thick of withdraw.... the worst days are the first three Ish. I suggest drinking and keeping dwn as much fluid as you can to avoid dehydration. I know I sucks but there really know "miracle cure for it" time is really the only thing that's going to help. I have had many people tell me to Google the Thomas recipe for home remedy..... don't underestimate a hit shower for those restless less legs and soar muscles.... I'll be praying for your fast recovery!

etxday5 is offline Junior Member

You are in the thick of WD. Only time will help. Stay super strong and within a few short days, the worst will be behind you. It gets a bit worse, I say day 2 or 3 is pretty bad. But know this, and hang on to it, by the end of the weekend you could be feeling amazing.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

It's not exactly a home remedy but Immodium should help. You can get a liquid form and maybe keep some down between vomiting. Be sure to sip water, just small frequent sips. If you have ginger snaps, they helped me when I went through it. In fact, crystalized ginger or any kind of ginger is a home remedy for nausea. Ginger ale in small sips. Do you have anyone living with you that can take care of you? The danger is just you don't want to become dehydrated. Other than that, even though you feel really bad, you should be fine and feeling much better in a few days.

Thank you guys so much.... it is the beginning of day 5. I feel much much better. Although i still have to rush to use the bathroom at times and man talk about no sleep during the night. Only about an hour or two and then im wide awake. Its bad enough i cant bear no weight on my ankle yet. So im stuck on my futon. I heard about the Thomas recipe but i refused to do it. I just feel like whats the sense going from one med to the next. So i decided to just go completely cold turkey. Only meds i take is probably 4 tylenol a day. So i put up with a struggle but i rather that than being addicted to another set of pills... what do you guys think? I think i made the right choice.

Yes thank god for my parents and my siblings. My two little kids, as small as they are, they also help alot. And now i have you guys to help me with my wd. Thank you for this. I am truely grateful.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

I sure understand not wanting to use the Xanax as recommended by the Thomas recipe. There is nothing wrong with it if you only use it for the first few days, but yes, Xanax is very addictive and I can understand anyone wanting to avoid it. I too felt better on day 5. You may have a while of feeling weakness and lethargy but it should slowly continue to improve over the next few weeks. Congratulations for getting through the worst of it! Yes, running to the bathroom and no sleep is classic. It will all get better with time.

I know... im glad we are all getting through this...