Chantix during opiate withdrawal
    Anonymous Guest

Default Chantix during opiate withdrawal

I've been wanting to quit smoking for a long time now and was once successful on chantix but was drinking on enough occasions to where I picked back up the habit. Nothing has worked as well as chantix. I'm going through opiate withdrawal and I'm learning about how smoking affects dopamine. Working out helps me with my opiate withdrawal but I'm so winded from my smoking habit that it is interfering with getting the full benefit from exercise. I have chantix but not sure if it's the right time considering my erratic emotions from opiate withdrawal. I don't want to feel worse or have a bad reaction from the chantix. This medication is so expensive that I don't want to waste it if it is going to hurt my progress. Any insight or information is greatly appreciated.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tidalwaves357 View Post
    I've been wanting to quit smoking for a long time now and was once successful on chantix but was drinking on enough occasions to where I picked back up the habit. Nothing has worked as well as chantix. I'm going through opiate withdrawal and I'm learning about how smoking affects dopamine. Working out helps me with my opiate withdrawal but I'm so winded from my smoking habit that it is interfering with getting the full benefit from exercise. I have chantix but not sure if it's the right time considering my erratic emotions from opiate withdrawal. I don't want to feel worse or have a bad reaction from the chantix. This medication is so expensive that I don't want to waste it if it is going to hurt my progress. Any insight or information is greatly appreciated.
    Tidal - I would wait until you're through the opiate detox before tackling the smoking issue? You don't need to add any extra stress or worry while going through opiate withdrawals! What do you think? Be well... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-22-2016 at 06:38 PM.