• 2 Post By mamamundi
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By mamamundi
  • 1 Post By Catrina
Clinical Oxycodone treatment / REHAB
    mamamundi is offline Junior Member

Default Clinical Oxycodone treatment / REHAB

Hey there,.

I've once posted in this forum and to make a long story short about five years ago I had a bad accident. and during the removal of the plates and screws in my arm during the operation something went wrong and the radialis nerve was cut ted. which resulted in that iam now a chronic pain patient and was diagnosed with CRPS Type II (chronical regional pain syndrome). First I was treated with low potent opioids like tramadol and Tilidin but later on we went "up the ladder" reached morphine. and then oxycodone and hydromorphone which I eventually became addicted to and for the last two if not three years I totally lost control. and first I didn't realised that myself that bad but it started to get worse and worse, that i didn't could fulfill my responsibilities. And my nearest social network realised that long before I could and accept the fact and the truth that I'm addicted and it's long overdue to change that and get back in control of my life again.

I also tried a few attempts to withdraw myself at home or taper down but always had my N3 boxes OC's 80 close to me in the drawer or the cabinet and I really really had way too much of them everyday.
    I tried at least 10times to do that on my own and at home but always failed in one way or another and at the end I almost crashed and snorted, sometimes smoked about 300 to 400 mg at once from the OxyContin. and easily reached the 1000 milligrams mark per day from the oxy and 200 to 300 milligrams of the Palladon (hydromorphone). That much for a short history..
    As the title says the time came when I realised that everything around me crashed and my life as i once had it. felt apart so I decided to do the last and only smart thing I could do and called around 10 to 15 rehab centres and hospitals and had them me put on their waiting lists. and today four weeks ago I received a call from the clinic that they now had one bed available and if I wanted I could come here and get myself into a professional medical treatment.

I first was put on oxy 140-140-140-140 and now 4 weeks later today iam on 40-20-20-40. and I have to say I still don't feel that bad as I thought I would, but I am realistic enough to know that the first 50-75% are not that bad. But the more I come close to zerooo it will get way harder and more withdrawal symptoms are coming my way.

I get Lyrica (pregabalin) 2x 75mg, clonidin 2x 0.075mg, Mirtazapin and have the possibility to get promethazine, levomepromzine and pipamperone as "when needed" medication.

::MY MAIN QUESTION::

As I always look and ask how much Oxy I get and how they schedule to keep reducing the Oxy iam still to much "involved" in how much I get. And I had an interesting conversation with the doctor today who ask me how I feel about if they would change from pills to "liquid". and as iam almost 100percent positive that Oxycodone does not exist in orally availability they were thinking about to change the oxy to something equally in liquidity.

And I wanted to ask you guys here if you know about something equally to Oxycodone with I could get instead on liquid so that I don't get the pills any longer. Which I have to admit iam here in rehab still tempted to crush and snore so that, I don't have that temptation any longer and while they keep reducing I also don't know how much I get, since I can't identify the pills any longer as well.

Thank you if you have been reading all that and if you could help me or give advice regarding my main question above.

And as I side note: Everyone struggling with opioid addiction, don't waste any time trying this alone at home, maybe only 1 or 2% are successfully doing this on their own. For me it was a relief telling my mom, my sister and my friends and in that it showed who really is ur friend and keeps ur back no matter what.

As for myself iam so freakin glad that I made that step and now are in the hand of professional help.!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

Good for you for recognizing that you had a problem, shared with those who love you, and for getting yourself into rehab. None of that is easy but is obviously the first most important thing to do to get yourself into recovery. I know that in rehab, you've got to be getting therapy and lots and lots of group/meetings. Tapering to get you off the opiates is only one facet of recovery and although most people don't believe it or they just don't want to believe it, that's the easy part. Staying clean is where all the work comes into play. That's where continued meetings when you've left rehab are going to become so important and I hope that you stay very very active with them.

I can't answer your question about which opiate is available in liquid form. I think the best thing to do is to ask your doctor the next time you see him. I'd write my questions down before you see him so that you don't forget anything and be sure to be persistent and get him to answer things until you really understand. Having said that, I would suggest that you speak with your therapist and perhaps your group about still being somewhat obsessed (I know that's an ugly word. Sorry) about what you're taking and how much. There's a good reason why they try to shield you from that and it's because the mental aspect of addiction is so strong that it can sometimes get in the way of your recovery and progress. But for now it is what it is. With continued support and by doing your recovery work, hopefully by the time you leave rehab you'll have a good tool box built and know how to use everything to remain in recovery long term.

In the meantime, now that you've found this Forum, I would encourage you to post here often. This is a non-judgement zone and the perfect place to journal for yourself. Daily entries with how you're feeling, what you're thinking, and just how your day is going helps tremendously and you can go back anytime you want to see your progress for yourself. I would also encourage you to read lots of other threads from start to finish. You'll see many success stories from those of us who have got clean and are managing to remain clean and sober. From all literature, the success rate for opiate recovery is dismal but it's not impossible and you will see that just by reading the stories of others here. Each and every one is like a really good book and you will identify with each and every one.

Welcome again and I hope that you keep posting to let us know how you're doing. My very best wishes to you. You can do this!! I promise you can.

Peace,

Cat

Hey Cat,

thank you for ur answer and ur fast reply. I really do appreciate it.
    I am now already on 20-20-20-40 and Monday it's supposed to be 4x20mg, but I'm the last tapering steps are made to fast so that I physically getting pushed over the edge and its neither in mine nor in their interest that iam pushed to hard and eventually breaking up. Therefore I had another talk with the doctor on duty for the WE and he offered me diazepam (Valium) 10mg for the night and up to 3 times Doxepine 50mg for "as needed" and I should check if I can realize to calm down with that and get an "almost" good sleep at night. And as I wrote also get clodidin 0.075 3-4 times a day as well and both, the clodidin and the doxepine act to stop partly the adrenaline over production which you have during the withdrawal.

I am supposed to stay here another 3 weeks and the main goal is to reach the 0mg's and to stay another week for supervision then. I also have turned in my request for a long term therapy which here in Germany is paid by ur health care as well with no extra cost for you as well, which iam really thankful for. The long term is supposed to be between 3-4months and is the dehabituation after the physical detox and is the next logical step for me if Iam going to take this chance now serious.

Of course there are other people who successfully accomplish that on their own at home, but in my case the dosage was way to high, the Oxycodone and Hydromorphone had me way to much and I had virtually an endless supply from me doc who couldn't care less and always, really always signed the scripts without asking.. But I will keep you guys posted about how my rehab goes on for sure.

And sHey YBR, thank you for ur answer and ur fast reply. I really do appreciate it.
    I am now already on 20-20-20-40 and Monday it's supposed to be 4x20mg, but I'm the last tapering steps are made to fast so that I physically getting pushed over the edge and its neither in mine nor in their interest that iam pushed to hard and eventually breaking up. Therefore I had another talk with the doctor on duty for the WE and he offered me diazepam (Valium) 10mg for the night and up to 3 times Doxepine 50mg for "as needed" and I should check if I can realize to calm down with that and get an "almost" good sleep at night. And as I wrote also get clodidin 0.075 3-4 times a day as well and both, the clodidin and the doxepine act to stop partly the adrenaline over production which you have during the withdrawal.

I am supposed to stay here another 3 weeks and the main goal is to reach the 0mg's and to stay another week for supervision then. I also have turned in my request for a long term therapy which here in Germany is paid by ur health care as well with no extra cost for you as well, which iam really thankful for. The long term is supposed to be between 3-4months and is the dehabituation after the physical detox and is the next logical step for me if Iam going to take this chance now serious.

And as you wrote, of course there are other people who successfully accomplish that on their own at home, but in my case the dosage was way to high, the Oxycodone and Hydromorphone had me way to much and I had virtually an endless supply from me doc who couldn't care less and always, really always signed the scripts without asking.. I will keep you guys posted about how my rehab goes on.

And for sure as well all the counseling and therapeutically methods I get here help me a lot as well and support me during the freaking hard time.

And if there are other ideas and suggestions about my MAIN QUESTION in my initial thread I'd appreciate that Al lot as well. Thanks in advance!.
    And as a small sidenote: Sorry if the SPO (subject / predicate / object) "type of write style, Grammer and whatnot isn't that good, but since I only learned English for maybe 3 years, I think it's at least good enough to understand everything

And I wanted to add something but the 6minute timeframe was reached..

And you're right, the physical detox will be the easiest part even it does not feel like it right now, but to stay clean and have a constant battle with ur mind which keeps reminding you how good it would feel agents especially when you are clean for a while again and ur tolerance is low, but then I will do my dehabituation for 3 to 4 months followed by abbulant therapy and then go to NA meetings and such.. I hope It will get easier with the time though.
    Beefaroni7272 and Catrina like this.

Iam sorry, I realized that I had a copy/paste error since I wrote that on my cell in the notepad and for some reason appeared twice which I couldn't see on my cell.. Sorry for that hickhack

Quote Originally Posted by mamamundi View Post
    And I wanted to add something but the 6minute timeframe was reached..

And you're right, the physical detox will be the easiest part even it does not feel like it right now, but to stay clean and have a constant battle with ur mind which keeps reminding you how good it would feel agents especially when you are clean for a while again and ur tolerance is low, but then I will do my dehabituation for 3 to 4 months followed by abbulant therapy and then go to NA meetings and such.. I hope It will get easier with the time though.
    I can tell you for fact that with time and continued recovery work, it gets much, much easier to resist a relapse. It doesn't happen overnight but it does happen. At first, it's a minute by minute battle while you allow enough time to pass for all the chemical imbalances that have taken place while taking opiates to level out. After just a few weeks though, it become less of an obsession and you'll find that entire parts of the day will pass without having a thought about a pill. Within just two or three months, those thoughts begin to become the exception rather than the rule and it's a whole lot easier to get distracted and stop thinking/considering taking a pill. I promise and assure you that so long as you can avoid any missteps that will set yourself back, this can and will be nothing more than something you survived and will not control your every thought every day like it is doing right now.

Peace,

Cat

I don't know why but for some reason my last post got deleted where I wanted to reply to ur last message while I only wanted to edit it due to some typos.

Anyway, I wanted to say or write a big big thank you for what you wrote. This is really important for me at my momentarily situation as you can understand since I am sure you went thru all that 5hit urself and you know damn good what it feels like and therefore how important it is to share and spend some hope that even tho it's a freaking hard fight against urself and ur inner demons and since ur brain never forgets those first moments if endless euphoria it still isn't a fight you can't win.
    I am truly happy that a place and a forum like this exists where good people like you can share their experiences from what they went thru already and share with guys like me who are still at the beginning of that tunnel where at the current situation I don't see that light of the end of that yet.

But it helps a lot that I can rely of first hand information and experiences of someone who really knows what he/she is talking about.
    Therefore, thx a lot again & and good night. Just had my 40mg night mess and my diazepam so that I hopefully can mange to get a moderate night of sleep
    Catrina and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mamamundi View Post
    I don't know why but for some reason my last post got deleted where I wanted to reply to ur last message while I only wanted to edit it due to some typos.

Anyway, I wanted to say or write a big big thank you for what you wrote. This is really important for me at my momentarily situation as you can understand since I am sure you went thru all that 5hit urself and you know damn good what it feels like and therefore how important it is to share and spend some hope that even tho it's a freaking hard fight against urself and ur inner demons and since ur brain never forgets those first moments if endless euphoria it still isn't a fight you can't win.
    I am truly happy that a place and a forum like this exists where good people like you can share their experiences from what they went thru already and share with guys like me who are still at the beginning of that tunnel where at the current situation I don't see that light of the end of that yet.

But it helps a lot that I can rely of first hand information and experiences of someone who really knows what he/she is talking about.
    Therefore, thx a lot again & and good night. Just had my 40mg night mess and my diazepam so that I hopefully can mange to get a moderate night of sleep
    I hope too that this post finds you after you've managed to have a decent night's sleep. You are absolutely more than welcome for any support or information that I'm able to give to you. You are of course right. I abused pain pills for nearly twenty years and although it wasn't at the amount that you were taking before rehab, my use was nothing to sneeze at either. On my last Day 1, almost eight years ago, I was taking at least 200mg/day and had been taking that for a very long time. I detoxed cold turkey at home that time and many times before that. Just like most of us, even though the cold turkey detox was anything but easy, I was able to get through it many times. I just couldn't make it stick. I went anywhere from a few days to a few weeks or even a few months but would relapse. I just kept trying to do it my way until I found this Forum. Then I spent weeks reading for hours every night. I became inspired by the success that others had had and only then did I want my own sobriety more than anything else in the world. I listened to and followed every suggestion that was given to me that made sense. I FINALLY had faith that recovery was possible and accepted that there was nothing more that I could do but go through cold turkey and no matter what, refuse to take a pill and trust that everyone was telling me the truth that it would get easier. It did. Continuing to remain active here on this Forum and doing my best to help others helps me too. More than you can imagine.

Check in soon and just keep posting!

Peace,

Cat

Hey Guys, I'm sorry I havent been posting for a while. But I wanted to bring you up to speed that Iam still in the acute phase of clinical withdrawel ans tapering down. I wasnt put on methadone, subutex and such, as considered about 2 weeks ago since my doctors thought that its due to the halflife time it wouldnt have been a better alternative to withdrawel and therefore iam still on the oxy. Momentarily Iam at 10-20-10-20.

Parallel to that i still have to taper down the diazepam with which iam down to 2mg a day at night and on the oxy we are at 60 per day. The further thinking is to stay anither week here get rid of the dia and then go home for about 4 weeks to stabalize the oxy. After those 4 weeks come back to the clinic try to taper down the oxy as low as possible and then go to the dehabituation

As of today I start to feel a lil better, but those last 60mg's seems to be my "hard rest" and therefore there is a pause right now. But considered to from what amount I climbed down already i see that as success.

Hope y'all doing good as much as possible,

MM

Hey guys, it's some time since I wrote and much has happened. I canceled my first two detoxifications and have to admit I am still not ready mentally to quit oxycodon for good. The break I had to stabilize at 60mg at home for two weeks wasn't exactly good because I had additional use of Lyrica (pregabalin) sometimes up to 1500mg a day nasal.

And the Lyrica withdrawals have been bad as well but I managed it, same with the benzodiazepines (Diazepam and zoo clone) With the oxy The physical withdrawals can be handled but mental part kills me. I was down to 20mg a day but had additional use of Kratom, MDMA sometimes and way too much alcohol at last so that I was brought to another detoxification where I was stabilized back to 60mg per day.

the professional opinion here is that Iam not ready yet to say good bye for good and due to initial amounts of easy 800mg Oxy per day for at least 4years now the doctors here say that the Oxy has settled in the fat and tissue and Iam now seriously thinking about getting switched to methadon or Polamidon. I never used or was on either substance and therefore I have no drug level comparing to people who are on the substitution program and have a very hard time to kick of because the withdrawel is much more longer.

My main problem with the Oxy is that my brain is forcing me to abuse it and sniff it nasal which I could not with methadon or Pola. And I have the hope to reprogramming my brain by not use it nasaly any longer. My question is has any one experience with the switch from oxycodon to methadon. I tried 3 times now to taper down the Oxy and failed at a threshold at about 40mg. And I am pretty sure I couldn't stop using now using it for good because Iam (still) way too addicted :/ Any Ideas or comments on this.

I am also planning a dehabituation but this is still future thinking.