Clozapine and amitriptyline my story
    chrisfrans is offline New Member

Default Clozapine and amitriptyline my story

I get my first prescribe drug at 2004 xanax 0,5 at noon and night. Then it's worsen when I get girlfriend, seems lovestruck deal damage to my mental too much at 2008 (I can't love anyone? Whatever, I gave up for marrying event), because of Agitation I prescribe Clozaril 12,5 mg and same dose xanax. The problem is weight gain, now I gain weight about 30 kilos (60 kilos to 90 kilos) and develop night binge eating or I cannot sleep. Doing work out not helping since it increases my stress and increasing my appetite.
    I want to change, in 2013 I ask the doctor she gave me amitriptyline 25 mg I can only sleep 4 hour, so she increase to 25 mg amitriptyline x 2 time (means 50 mg) at 6 pm and 9 pm it does wonder, my mind calmer, I can sleep before 12 pm and the binge eating is stopped moreover I can think not like when using clozapine I am soo lazy, and somewhat I develop benzos tolerance so I prescribed 1 mg x 2 per day..
    The problem is after consuming amp 50 mg about 1-2 weeks I had dry mouth in a point I can't tolerate.

Why I have this mental illness well my pop and mum is like in the "silver lining playbook" and I inherent my mom mental illness problem. But I don't blame them since my little brother don't have that.

I never see help from a shrink, it's rarely see even I don't see any in my town. But 2 my doctor agree that I have mood swing problem.

I don't expect any miracle answer but I just want to share my feelings, I am desperate.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. I don't have any experience with the prescriptions you're taking, but wanted to suggest that you start a new thread on the "Need to Talk" board. You'll get more replies there. If you're concerned about a mental disorder, you should definitely see a psychiatrist.

All the best,
    Kat

chrisfrans is offline New Member

Thanks, then I will copy paste then.