Codeine Addiction
    Elimo2 is offline New Member

Default Codeine Addiction

Hi all I have had a codeine addiction for 2 years on and off 30 mg tablets they are, I stopped taking them once so I am determined to do it again. I took my last pills on Saturday 10th October at 18.00 and I haven't looked back, I haven't had a craving for them either, I haven't slept though and I have a severe headache which just will not shift, my stomach feels a little funny but not to bad, its the head that is the worst, I just want this to be over, I have also quit smoking and its the time of the month, I feel like everything has hit me all at once, I am determined to get through to the other side, I have already done nearly 42 hours so I know I am doing well, any messages back will be greatly appreciated, thank you xxxx

niecer is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elimo2 View Post
    Hi all I have had a codeine addiction for 2 years on and off 30 mg tablets they are, I stopped taking them once so I am determined to do it again. I took my last pills on Saturday 10th October at 18.00 and I haven't looked back, I haven't had a craving for them either, I haven't slept though and I have a severe headache which just will not shift, my stomach feels a little funny but not to bad, its the head that is the worst, I just want this to be over, I have also quit smoking and its the time of the month, I feel like everything has hit me all at once, I am determined to get through to the other side, I have already done nearly 42 hours so I know I am doing well, any messages back will be greatly appreciated, thank you xxxx
    Elimo.....Congratulations on quitting pills. Thats awesome. I was taking pills for 30+ years and then methadone for 5 years and quit ct. It can be done. I think pills are easier to kick than methadone but then I was only taking about 10 mg a day. I didn't really have any physical symptoms, mainly no energy and no sleep. I've been clean for five weeks now and am actually feeling pretty good. There is a light at the end of the tunnel . Keep on posting and let everybody know how you're doing. There is so much support and encouragement on this forum and it really does help. niecer
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-14-2015 at 11:45 PM.

Hi and thank you for your response, I am day 5 in and I haven't thought about them damn pills once, I turned a corner yesterday and managed quite a lot of housework and even went shopping, I was taking anything from 8 to 16 pills a day over 2 years so I am very proud and last night I managed to sleep 7 hours insteas of the 1 hour I had been having previous, I am now in a positive mindset, at first I didn't think I could do it, the withdrawals were horrible but after day 3 things got easier and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I feel so much happier already, thank you to all these posts and threads that kept me going, honestly to anyone who wants to quit these things I urge you to do it, its not easy but its worth it, thank you! Xxxx

And niecer forgot to say well done, that is brilliant! Xxxx

Peter369 is offline New Member

Keep up the good work Elimo2. After the first two weeks you will really notice a positive improvement but it will be hard to kick the cravings completely. Stay busy and interact with friends, exercise or read to keep your mind off of it.

Thank you on day 7 now and I have had no real cravings for them, I just feel really light headed and empty of an evening now, my sleep is starting to get back to normal now too, iy is the best thing I have ever done stopping taking them, I know I don't feel my best right now but its a massive improvement to a few days ago, the fog has also lifted, I urge anyone wanting to quit to just do it

Pixiepoxie is offline Senior Member

Ellmo2,

Welcome to the Forum! You will find lots of support here.

Congratulations on quitting. You are doing great...keep on going. Hang in and hang on, you have got this!

Keep posting often, it really does help.

Will be watching for an update.

Forward and Onward Troops!

lynda 28 is offline New Member

Thank you on day 7 now and I have had no real cravings for them, I just feel really light headed and empty of an evening now, my sleep is starting to get back to normal now too, iy is the best thing I have ever done stopping taking them, I know I don't feel my best right now but its a massive improvement to a few days ago, the fog has also lifted, I urge anyone wanting to quit to just do it
    Well done.. I'm coming to an end of day 5...its been reading people's posts on here that has helped me a lot.... my main problem apart from my stomach pain with ulcers is lack of sleep... I never thought it was possible to survive on so little sleep in 5 days! And the nights are so long and lonely... keep up the good work.... we can do this :-)

annikins is offline New Member

Hi I'm hoping you can help I'm on 30mg and taking between 12-20 a day I'm miserable but scared to get off them as suffer from anxiety and depression... I'm terrified to go to docs as have 2 kids please help I know I need to quit but just don't think I can. Are u still off them??? How has it been going?? Tia