Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kit87
  • 1 Post By Kit87
Codeine Addiction
    Kit87 is offline New Member

Default Codeine Addiction

Hi

I've been reading these threads for a week or so now just so I could see what others withdrawals have been like and thought I'd share my story.

I have been taking between 20 and 40 Mersyndol tablets (500mg paracetamol, 10mg codeine, 5mg doxylamine succinate per tablet) everyday for the last four years. I was mostly scared to stop because of the withdrawals, they were so bad within hours of my last tablet. Anyway I decided that I couldn't live like this anymore. Apart from the financial side, it made me physically sick and it just didn't have the same effect as it once did.

I stopped taking them cold turkey and haven't had one for 6 days. This forum has really helped me so thanks to everyone who has posted.
    Toby3610 likes this.

Gilsmom is offline Member

Hi Kit..
    Welcome to the forum! And huge congrats on 6 days clean!! So how are you feeling? You should be through the worst of the sickness and getting to the end.

Keep coming back and posting! I can't tell you how much this forum has helped. I'm sure you can see from reading threads but being a part of it is better than you can imagine. It is so amazing to have a place to go where others know exactly what you're going through!
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you!! There is so much life to be lives on this side!! You will be amazed! I'm at 40 days clean today off oxy and it does get better and better!
    Take care,
    Mary

Hi Mary

First of all thank you. I cannot believe how good I feel. The withdrawals have actually been bearable, as in the past they would take me back to the chemist. Day three has been the worst so far. I never thought I could do without them but here I am six days on

My detox wasn't that horrible either. Mind you it wasn't wonderful and at times was bad but all in all it wasn't as bad as my mind made it out to be! I think that's a lot of the reason people won't quit ... The fear of withdrawal. But it was totally doable!
    The hard part seriously is staying clean! You're mind can and will play tricks on you. This is only the beginning... Which is why I say keep posting. Stay close to these boards. Read read read!!! Stay excited! And here's a good one when you think you can just take one.... "One is too many and 1000 is not enough" it's absolutely true!! On my day 7 I actually held a pill in my hand. It took Everything I had to get rid of it!! But I did and I am soooo glad!!

Have a great sober day!! You got this!!
    Mary

Hi Kit...
    Welcome to your day 7!!!
    Just checking in ... How are you doing today??

Hi Mary

I am now on day 8 and I cannot believe I have gone this long. Last night was my first night without symptoms and I slept a full 8 hours without waking. I am starting to think I can actually do this! I have kept a journal documenting all my symptoms and when I read back over the first three days, I wonder why I didn't do it sooner.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-24-2016 at 11:49 PM.
    Toby3610 likes this.

Toby3610 is offline Member

Hey,
    I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing? I hope you are great and are feeling awesome.
    Good luck.