Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FatimaKP
Codeine withdrawel help and advice
    Juby82 is offline New Member

Default Codeine withdrawel help and advice

Just after a bit of advice if possible. Im a newbie here so i apologise if in the wrong forum.

Brief background. Had a subarachnoid heamorrhage 2 years ago and was give loads of pain meds. Mainly codeine phosphate 30mg. Fast forward and im not on 50 per day. My doc doesnt believe me so hes no help and drug centres only offer talking therepy with is appreciated but when ur in the mist of withdrawels the last thing on your mind is talking about it. Im in the UK and rehab centres are very hard to get the funding for.

Anyways ive currently gone 39 hours cold turkey and im climbing the walls. Heads pounding, legs like jelly and cant keep off the toilet. Generally very uncomfortable.
    Ive read that diazepam can help opiate withdrawel and ive got 2x 10mg. Ive just taken 1 now would it be worth taking the other or save for tomorrow. I didnt want to acquire loads as i dont want to replace one addiction with another one so will purchace as and when i need to. What benefit do these diazepam (valuim) have on withdrawels.

How long can the physical symptoms of detoz last? Am i expected to get any worse? When will i start to notice an improvement?

Thanks for reading all this and any more info please ask.

FatimaKP is offline New Member

Default Codeine withdrawal. Day 1

Please tell me you did it. It’s been 18 hours since I last took one. One didn’t even have any impact so I decided to go cold turkey.
    I have hardly slept all night, I’ve got severe RLS, sweats, chills, nausea, stomach pains and constant urge to go to the loo.
    I know the first few days are the hardest so I’m determined to get through it.

Did you manage to come off the? Please tell me the physical symptoms get better in time!
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by FatimaKP View Post
    Please tell me you did it. It’s been 18 hours since I last took one. One didn’t even have any impact so I decided to go cold turkey.
    I have hardly slept all night, I’ve got severe RLS, sweats, chills, nausea, stomach pains and constant urge to go to the loo.
    I know the first few days are the hardest so I’m determined to get through it.

Did you manage to come off the? Please tell me the physical symptoms get better in time!
    Welcome,

This is an older thread and you won't get as much attention if you continue to post here. Please begin a thread of your own and repeat your first post with as much background as you feel like sharing including how long you've been taking the codeine, why you started and if that condition still exists, how much you were taking a day, etc. As much detail as you can share will help us help you.

Quickly though, the answer is YES!! This will get better but it's going to take a little time. The first week is the worst of the acute symptoms but once you get past that, the RLS and aches will subside fairly abruptly. You'll be left feeling like you're getting over the flu. You'll probably still have some trouble sleeping well and the "loo" (love that!) will continue to have your attention for a while longer. Are you using Immodium? That takes care of the bathroom issues quite well. Don't be afraid to take it as the package instructs. Most people find that the liquid form works the best.

Start that thread! Others will be by to give you advice and support. If you continue to post on other threads, your questions will get lost and it'll be hard to find you and for you to find where you had posted to get replies. Hope to see you soon. Keep posting!!

Peace,

Cat