Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sundwn
Cold Turkey 48 hours Into Withdrawals
    MyLifeIsMyOwn is offline New Member

Red face Cold Turkey 48 hours Into Withdrawals

Hi everyone I am very new here and I want to tell my story. I started out being prescribed 5mg of oxycodone Quantity of 60 around 2009 or 2010 for just horrible menstrual cramps and at some point I went up to 10mg I don't know when or how this happened. I was never a pill popper just when needed and never before work but after when needed. At some point that all changed and I do believe it was when I started hurting so bad in my lower back from being rear ended by a mail truck in 7/2008 which at that time I only saw a chiro never took pain meds. It took almost 2 years for me to start to feel this awful pain in my back I couldn't move some mornings. So to make it to work and function I took before or during work. I never noticed how my life started to change even though it was already going down hill. Also in 10/2009 my girlfriend who I have been with this May for 14 years was laid off from her job of over $90.000 a year. As the reality of the situation started to set in I guess somewhere I lost focus on what I needed to really be taking this drug for. Soon I was starting to run low and needing more I was very ignorant to the withdrawals associated with Percocet I had no idea. Omg I had no idea or I would have never touched it. The only research I did was to see what it was indicated for but nothing more. Of course 5 years ago it was not such an epidemic as it was then so my pcp of 5 years had no issue prescribing it for me. At that time all I had to do was call him and say this is what I need now don't get me wrong my PCP is a very reputable doctor just at that time you could just call it in to the pharmacy. I lost my mother in 11/2012 and I Used it as an escape and I know I did I loved my mother so deeply as her only daughter we did everything together . My mother also went to her grave knowing I was taking these as she was prescribed them at one time and I took hers. It makes you so hollow this drug is so damn seductive. I would travel to my dr 2.5 hours over 200 miles to receive my RX's for next few month. Spending at least $200.00 that I didn't have just for the romance with this drug.

Well Sunday I took my last 5mg at 2pm and decided that is it no more. I took the last 60 pills of 10/325 I had over the last two weeks and starting tapering best I could with some help. Yesterday I cried all day I just wanted one more to feel better. I had the opportunity to make it happen if only I went to the Chiro today to get a referral to the pain med Dr who would not see me without my MRI results back from when I had surgery and a host of other things FL law now requires this in itself was a blessing in disguise. The soonest I would see the Dr would have been Friday I would be on Day 5. So this morning I cancelled all my rides to go see the Chiro which was $50.00 and $250.00 for seeing the Dr on Friday. It was not an easy decision but I feel great about it but to tempt me one last time the second ride I had lined up I thought she forgot but she showed up asked if I still wanted to go and I said NO. Yesterday I feel was the worse more might be coming. Between last Friday and this past Sunday I was down to between 10-15mg. I was taking at one point right around 80-100mg depending on the day of 10/325. I took about 90 pills maybe less and started to taper a bit cause I felt that I would not be able to refill anymore couldn't make that long trip to my dr. So here I am on Day 2 of going cold turkey I have been using some of the Thomas Recipe. I have some aches the RLS is the one thing that drives me nuts so I am going to try the Hylands which has been suggested on here. I do have Klonpin but I have resisted the urge to take it. I will try Benadryl if I need to sleep hopefully it helps. Do not under estimate the power of Immodium I take one 30ML in the morning and one at night. Everyone will be different. I have prayed so compassionately saying that I want my life back its not easy at all I have dreams of them I see them and the mind game this drug plays on you is relentless. I am blessed to have a spouse of 14 years she hates to see my withdraw but she said to me yesterday I want these pills out of our lives, I want my woman back and our lives we have spent so much on this. She pleaded with me. So I said who do I love more my partner of 14 years or this drug. I choose myself and her. Withdrawals are hell but I do believe some tapering before you go cold turkey might help. I am now going into Day 3 and I hear Day 3 and 4 is the worse. This forum is amazing for support when I read others stories I can make it through I know I can. So right now the RLS is kicking in I haven't felt it all morning. Thank you all for sharing your stories and I pray we can continue to provide one another support.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-22-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Starting to feel a but sucky now maybe cause my partner went out to get some things. My mind is racing. I hope I get some responses on here cause I need the support. Please...

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsMyOwn View Post
    Starting to feel a but sucky now maybe cause my partner went out to get some things. My mind is racing. I hope I get some responses on here cause I need the support. Please...
    Posting here will help you tremendously . But post on " need to talk" that is where most of the traffic is and where your post will be seen. Lots of good folks who have been where you are. Me included. You have to really want this. And you sound as if you do. Good luck. You can do it. Many have.....SD
    MyLifeIsMyOwn likes this.

Sundwn going to move this post to where you suggested. Thank you for responding I needed it.