Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Cold turkey Suboxone withdrawal at 23 weeks pregnant

Default Cold turkey Suboxone withdrawal at 23 weeks pregnant

Hello All, just looking for support to make it through this. I have been on Suboxone 4 years and tapered from 4mg to 2 mg daily over the course of the last few months. I am now pregnant, 23 weeks and baby is doing great. However, I must stop this addiction for the betterment of myself and child. I stopped cold turkey on Sunday ( last dose was Saturday morning 2mg). Today is day 4 with nothing but Imodium and Zofran (that I already take daily for morning sickness). Withdrawals started full fledged Sunday night, RLS tossing and turning all night. They have continued the past two nights, resulting in pacing the halls and the occasional middle of the night bath. Before anyone tells me how dangerous this is or stupid I am, believe me I know and have heard it all but not everyone has a choice. If anyone can please help give some encouragement to keep going it would be much appreciated. I’ve made it to day four and hope to start turning a corner soon so I can keep going!

Hey
    I know you mention you don't have a choice. 2mg is a very big drop and I don't imagine you'll feel too good anytime soon. Is the no choice you being nervous to tell a doctor? Can you find a practitioner that can safely help you taper so you don't harm yourself or the baby? If you are nervous about talking to your OBGYN, you should go see someone else. If your withdrawal gets too bad you can go to preterm labor and that will probably cause more problems because they will test you in the hospital. Please write back. I'm hoping we can get you willing to go see someone. Tapering while pregnant is doable, but you should go slow and low before you make the jump. I know you are at 4 days, you may not have had the full fledged symptoms yet.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-23-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mustdothis View Post
    Hello All, just looking for support to make it through this. I have been on Suboxone 4 years and tapered from 4mg to 2 mg daily over the course of the last few months. I am now pregnant, 23 weeks and baby is doing great. However, I must stop this addiction for the betterment of myself and child. I stopped cold turkey on Sunday ( last dose was Saturday morning 2mg). Today is day 4 with nothing but Imodium and Zofran (that I already take daily for morning sickness). Withdrawals started full fledged Sunday night, RLS tossing and turning all night. They have continued the past two nights, resulting in pacing the halls and the occasional middle of the night bath. Before anyone tells me how dangerous this is or stupid I am, believe me I know and have heard it all but not everyone has a choice. If anyone can please help give some encouragement to keep going it would be much appreciated. I’ve made it to day four and hope to start turning a corner soon so I can keep going!

I'm sorry to say this but you won't be "turning a corner soon"! Your withdrawals are just starting because of the very long half-life of the subs!

Why don't you have a choice? Even if you weren't pregnant I would advise you to taper by 25% every 4-7 days until you get down to .25mg (one quarter of one milligram) or less before jumping off! Jumping from 2mg of sub is a huge amount to jump from, withdrawals will be intense and last weeks if not months! But, since you are pregnant you are putting your baby in SERIOUS & UNNECESSARY DANGER! I highly recommend that you get back on the sub ASAP! Once you are completely stable on the sub we can help you properly/correctly taper which will greatly minimize withdrawal symptoms and also help keep your baby safe! Update when you can? God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-23-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    WifeMotherSister likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Mustdothis, what's been going on these past few days? What's your game plan going forward? I seen that you were on the forum last night and this morning but you didn't update on anything? Another poster & myself left you replies with some questions & concerns, please address those two things so we can better understand your situation? We are here to help and give advise if you need/want it? Take care... God bless us all!