Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
Coming off 16mg of suboxone after 30 months, Day 9
    blackwilliam is offline Junior Member

Default Coming off 16mg of suboxone after 30 months, Day 9

I've been on suboxone for about 30 months. I was at 16 mg for about the last year but there was a point where i was down to a very low dose but didn't feel comfortable enough to come off it then, but I'm sorry i didn't because i'm on my 9th day today of not having any from 16mg and it doesn't seem to be getting much better, I'm drained, can't sleep, hot and cold, still have malaise. Anybody here ever kick this from that high of a dose? I just need to talk to somebody. I know the success rate is low but no negative comments please
    AddictedSkwerl likes this.

ghostrc is offline Member

just being real I tapered down to .33 of a mg which is dust and I'm on day three and hurting pretty bad wish I went lower but I hope you make it my friend it won't be easy but nothing worth having ever is

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome,

It isn't often that there's negativity passed around here and on the off chance there is, we just ignore it. Day 9 jumping from 16 mg? That's actually quite astonishing and you should give yourself huge kudos. Sounds like perhaps this wasn't by choice that you just jumped from that dose? We're interested in your back story so would you mind sharing a little of what has got to to today?

I abused pills for many, many years with countless cold turkeys sprinkled in for good measure. I found this site in December of 2009 and had my last Day 1 early in January 2010. I haven't looked back. Recovery isn't for the faint of heart. I've never used subs but I've followed and read the stories of plenty of others to know the self discipline it takes to do a proper taper and to get off of them. It isn't often for sure that we see someone jumping from as much as you have and have what it takes to stick to it.

Read threads and post often. Just having others who can even remotely understand what it is you're going through seems to help. I know it helped me. Welcome and I hope you stick around.

Peace,

Cat

Good luck my friend. I'm so thankfull i have a loving wife who cares about me and my three kids are the main reason for the motivation i have. It's not easy but on the bright side i'm seasonal worker who won't be going back for around a month so it could be worse.

I just want my old self back because i felt so cloudy for so long. I wasn't myself and it wasn't fair to my family because i knew the person i once was and i just couldn't go on any longer so i skipped my appointment and just stopped. Day 1 to 3 wasn't so bad then BAM day 4 5 and 6 were honestly probably the worst days I've ever had to go through. 7 and 8 weren't much better and i'm very emotional. Yesterday was hard cause a good friend of mine gets his methadone on that day for the week so i could have just picked up the phone and instantly felt better but i didn't so i'm kind of proud of myself for that. But to be honest I've read through some threads on here and used it as motivation as well
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Welcome,

It isn't often that there's negativity passed around here and on the off chance there is, we just ignore it. Day 9 jumping from 16 mg? That's actually quite astonishing and you should give yourself huge kudos. Sounds like perhaps this wasn't by choice that you just jumped from that dose? We're interested in your back story so would you mind sharing a little of what has got to to today?

I abused pills for many, many years with countless cold turkeys sprinkled in for good measure. I found this site in December of 2009 and had my last Day 1 early in January 2010. I haven't looked back. Recovery isn't for the faint of heart. I've never used subs but I've followed and read the stories of plenty of others to know the self discipline it takes to do a proper taper and to get off of them. It isn't often for sure that we see someone jumping from as much as you have and have what it takes to stick to it.

Read threads and post often. Just having others who can even remotely understand what it is you're going through seems to help. I know it helped me. Welcome and I hope you stick around.

Peace,

Cat
    I will keep you updated

Day 10

Last night was the first night I didn't have restless legs and arms although i didn't get much sleep I am starting to feel better. Was up 2 hours before my kids get up to go to school, had a hot soak in the tub, made my kids breakfast, sent 2 kids off on the bus, took my youngest kid off to pre school then went and visited my parents for about a half hour. I probably wouldn't have left the house if i didn't have to because i am still very low on energy although my appetite seems to be getting back to normal. The days of severe discomfort seemed like they would never end at the time but now feel like so long ago. Today just feels like it isn't going to be long and drug out.

If i can help anybody going through the same thing what i would say is take it hour by hour, sun up to sun set, day by day. Although it seems like it will never end it will go by quicker than you think. Our life here is to short to waste, I wasted 5 years of mine, Believe in yourself and you will do it.

Good Morning William,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad you had a better night and are feeling better today. The low energy is pretty typical and may hang around for awhile. Just keep doing what you're doing and push through it. I know what it feels like when just getting dressed and leaving the house is a challenge but it really is the best thing to do.

Keep posting with your updates. It's very helpful for others who may come along wanting to know what to expect. We all want to know "how long will this last?" and "how bad will it be?" Of course, everyone is different, but it's reassuring to read posts from someone while in that moment. Thank you for sharing. There will be many who will benefit from following your journey and getting the encouragement that it can be done if you want it bad enough and if you're willing to do the work. Glad you're here!

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Good Morning William,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad you had a better night and are feeling better today. The low energy is pretty typical and may hang around for awhile. Just keep doing what you're doing and push through it. I know what it feels like when just getting dressed and leaving the house is a challenge but it really is the best thing to do.

Keep posting with your updates. It's very helpful for others who may come along wanting to know what to expect. We all want to know "how long will this last?" and "how bad will it be?" Of course, everyone is different, but it's reassuring to read posts from someone while in that moment. Thank you for sharing. There will be many who will benefit from following your journey and getting the encouragement that it can be done if you want it bad enough and if you're willing to do the work. Glad you're here!

Peace,

Cat
    The world needs more people like you. It's so nice that you care and after 6 years your still encouraging people on this site. It really does mean a lot thanks

DawnMarie81 is offline Junior Member

I have been on suboxene for 2 and a half years doctor prescribed. I was in a pain management program and when my insurance ended I came into a world of nasty withdrawals, I never knew about. Begging for help it seemed like every doctor I saw here in town and around wanted to either put me back on pain meds(oxy, percocet) or suboxene which they explained to me was a great new drug that helped with addiction but by some miracle helped with pain. Now in the time I've been on it in the last couple years I have been through 4 doctors and numerous clinics because they were always shut down. I guess because I was getting what I wanted I didn't really notice how shady everything was around me the nurses and doctors I never even saw at my monthly appointment. I'd pee in a cup bring my bottle in and usually just saw the nurse to hand me my prescriptions.. Now since Christmas I had been getting really sick, and weak very fatigued I had been on 32 mg of suboxene for all this time, and MY STUPID MISTAKE was #1 trusting any money hungry doctors office I should of known better but because I am an addict I was happy getting what I wanted, but back to the story insurance didn't want to fill around Christmas I had to go without my medicine for about a week and a half I was in the worst withdrawals of my life, literally because the problem is not just physical withdrawals like painful bone aching pains,stomach cramps, throwing up, diarrhea and hot cold sweats but this one is different because it messes with you mentally it really makes you feel like you are loosing your mind and almost suicidal at times, I recovered with the doctor finally getting my medicine filled and now Jere I am in march still as I mentioned above very sick, I had blood work done and my kidneys are not functioning properly#1 reason the suboxene but of course the nurse who called with my labs wouldn't explain to me what it all meant either she didn't know or just didn't care either way it made me realize a lot, #1 I shouldn't be going to a doctors office every month a two hour drive away to not see a doctor pay them money and all awhile they could care less about me #2 I wish I would of know sooner I guess, suboxene should only be used for a period of time to help get your habits and mind right not a life long drug cause really who am I kidding it never helped with pain. They lied to me cause they are money hungry doctors everywhere unfortunately. I have decided on my own to taper off of this drug I have it calculated to every milligram I'm on day two of my taper schedule which you can find online to help you with your own dosage, I'm not going to lie I'm scared I know how bad this can be, but with the right support around you and knowing there are so many of us in the USA, you are not alone...Its OK to be scared but you can do it!!! taper gradually so your withdrawals are so severe otherwise yes they will be awful..I hope anyone who reads this gets that I'm just saying trust your own instinct, we know our bodies ..Pray god gave us the power to get through anything

Good luck to you DawnMarie81. I know how you feel about going to the doctor cause they really don't care about you or give you psychological help they said they were going to do in the first place. I can relate to you there but Thankfully i have free Health care cause I do live in Canada and my perscriptions are covered through my work insurance, Don't mean to sound arrogant or anything like that. I guess what i'm getting at is I'm really doing this for me and if you believe in yourself you can do it too. Although i'm not completely recovered my mind is a lot clearer and the worst is over. Good luck.

USA rocks by the way and good luck at the wch2016

Day 11

Well never slept very well again last night but I did sleep in my bed instead of on the couch downstairs close to bathroom. Still going to the bathroom quite often but not as bad. Had my first glass of milk yesterday since this all started, It's my favorite thing to drink but i know when not to drink it. Almost feel like regressed a little bit as far as energy goes, The reason being i might have pushed it a little hard yesterday on the exercise bike because i know exercise will help but i didn't think i over did it, Guess i was wrong. To me it feels as if my mind is clearing up faster and my body is slower to catch up, May also be because of all the hard miles i got on this frame, I was always big into power sports, Dirt biking, Four wheeling, Boat racing and suffered some injuries along the way, Kind of how this all started in the first place. I know i'm the only one to blame and it's nobody's fault but my own. For so long i looked for excuse after excuse instead instead of just looking in the mirror.

I know i said earlier in the thread i wasted 5 years of my life but time goes fast and its actually like 7. From around the year 2000 to 2002 a lot of perscription drugs started coming around the community my friends started doing them and i didn't. I tried an oxy 20 one night around that time and it made so sick i said there not for me. But as time went on i saw what it was doing to them and said it wouldn't happen to me. Then around 2007 i ended up with a concussion and and a buddy of mine gave me a few percocets but it didn't even start there i ate them by the half and they cured my headaches. I actually kind of liked them and ate them just every now and then.

Then 2009 another injury happened at the worst possible time, I dislocated my shoulder the same summer i got 50,000$ from the Bank to put an addition on my house. Fighting through the injury I started using oxy and by using i mean starting to sniff 2 80's a day then three sometimes 4 or 5 and that was it, I was hooked. I still had my own money though so the money i had for house actually went back in the house all but maybe 3 or 4000$. That being said after fighting dislocation after dislocation of the shoulder I decided to get it fixed after about a year. So after the operation i was perscribed Hydromorphone 4s for couple months which was right around the time it was starting to get hard to find actual oxys. So then i was already to far gone i started using Hydromorph contin 12s 24s 30s ever what i could get and the rest is history.

I got on suboxone in October 2013 and thats what brought me to the here and now. I said it would never happen to me and it did just like that. But once i quit blaming injuries and realized i was the problem all along Thats when i set my mind to trying to get better and i'm on my 11th day of quiting that dose cold turkey. I'm gonna give myself a pat on the back just for now then keep taking it day by day.

Thanks for the support
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-04-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    Ming23 likes this.

William,

What an inspiration your are. I can't even imagine how tough this is for you but you're doing it anyway. Thank you for your back story. I see so many things in your most recent post that are exactly right. Ever so gradually we begin to look hard at ourselves and where we have found ourselves and at first, we wonder just how that happened. Addiction is what happens to other people, not to us. Yah. Not so much. We the lucky ones, we have recognized and admitted that however it happened, it did and the problem is with us. Is the medical world perfect. Of course not. Did we know when we started to abuse these pills how it would end. Of course not. However, even if we didn't want to see it or acknowledge it, we certainly knew the possibility but we did it anyway. Unfortunately, this is one of those things that we don't, or refuse to see the dangers of until it's too late. I suppose there are warning signs but by that time we are just doing whatever it takes to stay well knowing deep down that the piper is going to want to get paid someday.

Anyway. I find your story incredibly inspirational and I congratulate you for all the work you have done thus far on your road to recovery. Just taking responsibility and knowing that our journey is in our own hands is monumental and you've done that. Keep posting. Your story is important and it will give hope to the hopeless. We are capable of anything if we will just take a leap of faith--in ourselves to begin with.

Peace,

Cat
    Mike1966 likes this.

Gonnawin is offline Member

Wow, congrats on reaching 11 days! That is amazing coming off such a high dose! You are a strong person and it's nice to see how positive you've stayed. It gives me a little hope for my coming jump!

Day 12

I do feel better today then i did yesterday.Yesterday was like i went backwards 2 days but thankfully i fought through it and ignored the cravings for any kind of opiate. I understand that my body will probably regress every now and then because it hasn't had this many sober days in a row in a long time. I also didn't realize how much the subs deaden the senses, I started having a lot more dreams when i do get a little sleep, And i got almost 6 hours last night although it was a lot of tossing and turning. I can't quit sneezing in bunches either, is this normal? But i can smell a lot better too, I can actually smell the fabric softener when i pull on a hoodie and it's kind of refreshing actually.

I'm still only a 33 year old man with a long life ahead of me yet and once i started to realize how fast time starts going after your teenage years I knew i didn't want to be a lifer on them subs. I used to enjoy life more and my best years were drug free. I have 3 kids, oldest 7, youngest 4. I din't realize how much i neglected them till the last couple days. I don't mean that in a bad way i love them and they get whatever they want pretty much. What i mean is discipline, They haven't had enough of it from me and i really see it now. I really hope i have enough energy by this upcoming Thursday cause i have a scheduled vacation to take my family to french Quebec City for a few days, I know its beautiful there but don't know how we will do cause we don't speak French. lol. Anyways wish me luck.

I'm sorry didn't start this thread right from the start because of how helpful it is to me and how helpful it might be to somebody else someday, Although i probably wouldn't have been able to update on days 4,5 and 6 anyways cause i was a mess but thankfully them days went by fast now that they're behind me.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-05-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Glad it looks like you're going to have a good day. We take them when we can. It sounds like a great time to get away with your family for a few days. Try and push through it. What you've accomplished so far is truly amazing so you can buck up and do that mini vacation too. It'll be good for you.

Yes. It's amazing how all of our senses return. Site, smell, all of them. We didn't realize the whole of what we were missing and helps to remind us that we don't want to go back there. If you can do this, you can do anything!!

Always nice to see a good update first thing in the morning but not nearly as good as being able to give one.

Peace,

Cat

Anonymous Guest

Hey there Blackwilliam!
    Saw your post and thought I would give you a big ol' congrats on not only your progress, but the realization of how your addiction has effected your children. Addiction aside, it takes a big person to admit that maybe their parenting skills haven't been the best. Any parent can take the easy way out and let their kids run wild. It takes much more energy and time to follow through and make better choices. Your children are young and kids are so resilient, don't beat yourself up too much.
    It sounds like you are on the right path to a bigger and brighter future for yourself and your family. Keep up the great work and would love to hear more updates of your journey!
    Oh, and by the way... I live in NY, about 1/2 from the boarder to Canada. I haven't been to Quebec City in a very long time, but I can tell you that you shouldn't have too much of a problem with the language barrier. It's a beautiful city and most people from Quebec speak english.
    Have fun!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

Day 13

Never slept very good again last night and after three nights of sleeping in the bed it's probably time to wash the sheets because I'm still sweating quite bad at night. This weakness sure isn't making much of an effort to leave my system but other than the dead legs i feel pretty good. I'm finding it hard to cope with all of this sitting in the house because i was always such an active person although i didn't ever go to far when i was on on the subs anyways, But i was happy staring at the wall on them or at least i though i was.

It really is amazing how quick my mind has rebounded after getting off them subs. I've read through some threads on here and saw that some people that come off the subs say that depression kicks there ass for up to weeks, I can say i never really experienced that much after the first week and only experienced it for a couple days but i always used to have a positive outlook on life and was never much into benzos or anti depressants so maybe that helps, The only time that i was having trouble in my life the doctor tried to perscribe me anti depressants i said no thanks doc i don't really feel like having suicidal thoughts in a month but thanks anyways. I'm not saying they don't help people who need them but i just didn't think they were for me.

I went into town yesterday for the first time since this all started, it's the first time i had enough energy and felt comfortable enough going because that's where all my connections always were. Even though my mind is completely set on getting better and nothing will change that I was scared to go for the first while because i though there was a chance i might collapse.

Every day I notice something different that i appreciate more. When i was going to town i really just wanted to listen to an actual music station on the satellite radio instead of listening to sports talk radio, I really enjoyed it and the wife was pleased too cause she hates when i listen to sports radio. Then i realized i haven't picked up my guitar the whole time i was on them subs, I used to play a lot and loved it so much and love music. It really is amazing what them subs do to you without realizing it at all, To me i feel as if they are worse than pain meds but they did help at the time and they did help me keep my finances in check.

Just from my experience I would recommend that anybody with an opiate addiction and stuck in rut should try to kick them without suboxone because the withdrawls are not as intense, but if you feel you need something just to get you out of the rut your in do like a 30 day taper plan or something, but you would need somebody with more experience than me at that kind of thing. All i'm saying is don't do what i did and stay on it because you really won't understand what your missing.

I also wan't to thank the people on this thread that helped support me through this. Maybe if i realized sooner how important is to actually talk to somebody who can relate to you maybe this wouldn't have gone as long as it has, In saying that i think i might start taking in an NA meeting every now and then just to hear some more peoples journeys on their road to recovery .Thanks
    7fourteen and Catrina like this.

Welcome to Day 13. Glad you had a good day out yesterday. You are doing astonishingly well and it will continue to get better and better. I have come across so many people here that have commented about enjoying and/or finding their music again I can't play or sing a note...well at least you don't want to hear me try--but it really is more common than you might think. People who have played for years and years and they lost complete interest in it when in active addiction and when and if they were on subs. It came back though. That's wonderful therapy for you so get out that guitar and get er going.

Your story is important for others to read. We keep saying that we are all different but in many ways we are the same. We heal at our own rates but the mind process is the same. Always try to remember how you felt at the beginning of this journey and remember how many more of us are out there that are yet to take their own step 1. These stories provide inspiration and courage.

Peace,

Cat
    blackwilliam likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Good Sunday Morning Blackwillam!
    I just saw that you haven't picked up the guitar in a while. I'm a fellow musician that hasn't played in about 3 yrs. My husband and I played in a band for most of our 25 yr marriage. He has been practicing with some buddies at work and they played their 1st gig last night. Normally, I don't go out much, but last night I went and listened to them, and it brought back that lightning bolt of joy that I haven't felt in 17 yrs. I can't wait to start practicing again. I've always loved music and been passionate about it, but never thought I would get that feeling back. Boy was I wrong!!
    Music feeds the soul and I'm glad to hear that your getting your soul back too!!

Rock on
    Michelle
    blackwilliam and 7fourteen like this.

Day 14

Wow 2 weeks I'm so proud of myself. I was thinking to myself yesterday how rough i was at that time last week and how i never ever want to be in that position again. SLEEP I actually got 5 straight hours up for 15 minutes then back for 2 more hours I'm so refreshed and feel the best i have yet. I also got a lot of exercise yesterday by getting some more firewood put in the basement because it's still quite cold in the evenings where i live, Although if it didn't have to get done i probably wouldn't have did it but i think the fresh air and nice day really must have helped the system. I would put things off on them subs all the time. I even sorted through all the recyclables for the upcoming recyclable pick up day because i'm a big believer in trying to what we can for our kids and grandkids, I've been putting that off for weeks too.

I skipped my appointment for my suboxone more than 2 weeks ago and i haven't got a call back, a text, anything so it shows how much they care about a persons well being. Do you suppose they even care if i'm alive. The doctors still make a fortune from the visits they just don't get it from me directly. I'ts always so busy at the doctors office that your just a number anyways. Every time i went in he asked me how much methadone i'm on, I would have to tell him i'm not on methadone every time, Then it's just in and out in about 30 seconds, Anyways no love lost for them. K I'll shut up now and quit rambling on now.

Going back into town again this morning. It's a one week March break for the kids so i think i'm gonna go get them up and take them out for breakfast. Oh one more thing yesterday i ate pretty much every 2 hours, I'm starving pretty much all the time. Feels good to have such a good appetite again.

Thanks again

Halfway through day 14

I guess i shouldn't get ahead of myself anymore because every time i do i take a step back. This morning i though it was going to be a great day because i got sleep and thought to myself that's great, no looking back now. Boy was i wrong because my body just isn't coming around as fast as my mind and i'm slowly starting to crack up because i want to do stuff but just cant do what i want yet. I know it will get better every day it just sucks going backwards every now and then.

7fourteen is offline Member

Blackwilliam you Rock! Dude you are amazing. The sleep will come and go so enjoy the ones that do come. I am on day 24 and feeling like a new person. Yeah, the horror stories can freak you out so try and stay away from them. Tons of great people with years of experience. Sounds like you have a great family and I am sure they are going to love having the old you back. The energy part. Make yourself stay active. I had all these things I had planned to do this past weekend, didn't get half of it done but I stayed at it all weekend. Though not very productive I stayed active which I believe will help the energy come back. Stay strong brother!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-07-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    blackwilliam likes this.

Day 15

I realize that this is no east easy feat even after 2 weeks. Definitely had a regress day yesterday, Never slept very well last night and getting short bursts of the agitated arms and legs every now and then. My energy level really sucks this morning and all the sneezing is kind of driving me up the wall, But i am so thankful the depression part hasn't really affected me much like it does most. I am also thankful there is going to be ski lifts taking me and my family up the hill when we go on our mini vacation because i really don't feel like climbing any mountains just yet.

I knew it was going to be a battle to try and get through this, would i change anything, probably not, should I recommend it, probably not, but it can be done even though it probably isn't the best route to take, especially if you have time. I just had enough and nothing was going to change that for me and if i didn't stop now it would go on for another year, because i could not get off it during work being that my job is physically demanding at times and i don't think i could do it through a taper plan while working, but I will never know because i haven't taken that path and don't plan on it. I'm never doing this again and anybody else who is going through the same thing just think to yourself, this is it and if i do this i will never have to go through this again either. Good luck to anybody who sees this in future.

I appreciate what you have all done for me and thank you.

Day 16

Feel better again. I think the reason i was starting to feel like i was regressing a little bit was because i wasn't still pounding as much water as i should have been. I'm still sweating very bad at night and it must have been dehydrating me a lot more than i thought, so i started drinking a lot of water and the little bursts of agitated arms and legs went away again. Still a lot of tossing and turning at night and i'm usually up before the sun but i do feel like i'm gradually getting more and more sleep. I'm trying to still eat healthy too because i found out fatty foods don't help the situation much. Every morning i get up and make a strawberry banana smoothie,i fill it full of baby spinach and it's actually good, People on here say healthy food is very important so i'm just following protocall although a big fried chicken thigh probably wouldn't be that bad right about now. lol. That's about all i got for today but i will keep updating. Thanks.

William,

So glad things are getting better and better. I never had a doubt that you were and are committed to this. Yes! Dehydration causes lots of discomfort in our muscles so good for you for noticing your water intake needed to be increased. It's a healthy thing to do anyway so plan on making that a forever plan.

I'm 3 weeks post surgery right now and trying my best to regain my stamina. Sigh. I'm not used to being completely exhausted after just being out and about for a few hours. I just don't bounce back the way I used to and I most certainly didn't expect this. I dealt with the pain like a trooper and really thought I'd be completely back to myself in short order. Very reminiscent of the way I felt post detox and I'm not liking it! But...I suppose the good news is that I am making some progress. Even a week ago, a short trip out to the store and to the bank was about all I could manage and I felt like I needed a nap. Yesterday I worked for 4 hours and THEN I wanted a nap! lol Progress. When did I get this old? I didn't notice it happening until now.

Nice work, William. Love to see your daily updates.

Peace,

Cat

Sorry to hear that Cat. I didn't realize you were having your own struggles right now. You're a very unselfish person who cares about helping others. I hope you get well soon. Love hearing from you.

LifeSaver77 is offline Member

I'm with you on taking steps back, William. I am on Day 8.5, and the first 5 were pretty easy, and 6-8 were hellish. Most everything you read is that you only improve, so setbacks like this can be tough.

Muscles LOVE water, so for sure if you're dehydrated, you're going to have more pain and RLS. Awesome you figured that out and were able to remedy things.

Day 15 is nothing to sneeze at (ha!), so be proud, and keep on keeping on!

7fourteen is offline Member

William, I'm into my fourth week and can relate to those steps back. Not to worry, after my third week I thankfully haven't had anymore. I can still tell when I am not drinking enough water, my body tells me real fast. I can relate to the music also. Played guitar off and on for over 30 yrs.mRight before I jumped I got a good deal on a Fender Bass. Something new to learn and actually really easy if you play guitar. Found out that keeping my brain active I didn't lay around and feel bad. You are the man jumping at that dose brother!
    blackwilliam likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Blackwilliam,
    It seems like after day 15 we should be able to do flips and back handsprings right?? Oh what we've done to our bodies! The good news is your body is fighting to find the new normal. I'm not sure which member posted something awhile back about a program on tv that explained the state of our brains after addiction. It was really interesting, because our brain make up has actually changed. Someone who hasn't been addicted to opiates has normal opiate receptors, where as an addicts brain has many extra receptors waiting to be filled. Anyway, sometimes having more information about what's going on inside our bodies, can give some extra insight.

Bottom line..your doing an amazing job. I love the way you use your thread as a daily log. It's great to look back at where you've come from, and how much you've overcome. There is no shame on patting yourself on the back once in a while. Everyday, every hour, every second your not using is a good day. If your having a bad day, go back and read your thread from the beginning. Guaranteed to make you smile!

Blessings,
    Michelle
    xxoo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast