Coming off many medications from detox (inc: hydro, clonaz, soma etc) and want advice
    Luwar is offline New Member

Unhappy Coming off many medications from detox (inc: hydro, clonaz, soma etc) and want advice

I was prescribed and abused:
    - Hydrocodone (5mg, 15 per day. I have detoxed from this previously for a week before getting back on it)
    - Clonazepam (.5mg, 1-10 per day)
    - Somas (350mg, 1-6 per day)
    was also prescribed:
    - Lyrica (1st time was up to 700mg per day and I got off of that mid 2013. Started again 2 months ago on 200mg per day)
    - Prozac (20mg for about 6 months, got off of it for 1.5 year, went to 20mg for 6 months and have been on 40mg per day for 6 months)

From abusing the hydros, clonazepam, and somas I went into detox on 9/29/2014 and was discharged on 10/4/2014.

I was released with:
    - Prozac (40mg per day)
    - A new drug Gabapentin (300mg, 4 times daily)
    - A new drug Baclofen (10mg, 4 times daily)
    - A new drug Nabumetone (500mg, 4 times daily)
    - A new drug Hydroxyz Pam (50mg as needed)

Hydro, Clonaz, Somas and Lyrica have all been discontinued.

Every since I've gotten back home I have felt very out of it. Different than my normal self:
    - I feel like I am in a dream state and cloudy
    - I get twitches throughout my whole body
    - I am very dizzy
    - I am very fatigue
    - It is hard to keep a train of thought
    - Nightmares
    - It feels like I have high blood pressure, but am not certain. It sometimes feels like I am walking on sausages, in my legs and feet

I really just want to feel normal again. Are these withdrawal symptoms, or is it more from the new medication I was given in Detox? I was told I was given the Gabapentin, Baclofen and Nabumetone to help with pain, but I am guessing that the Gabapentin was given to offset the withdrawal from Lyrica as well. If it is only for the pain, am I able to quit taking them since it's only been 7 days on them, without withdrawal symptoms? If the Gabapentin is to replace the Lyrica, is the switch seamless or would I have experienced the withdrawal from Lyrica already, and can expect no withdrawals from the Gabapentin?

I really want hope that this is going to stop. Any remedies, advice, stories, etc. that can help, please share.
    Thank you

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I would see a doctor about this sudden switch. The one that is worrying me is the clonazapam: you were taking quite a bit of that for how long? Benzos can be dangerous to quit suddenly. Some of your symptoms: the unreal feeling, dizziness, nightmares, etc. sound like benzo w/d. These will go away with time. The side-effects from your other drugs, I have no idea. Nor the w/d symptoms from your other drugs. Nabumetone (I looked this one up) sounds like a serious NSAID, I'd look that one up. You do need to see your doctor.

Peace,

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Nabumetone (I looked this one up) sounds like a serious NSAID, I'd look that one up.
    Are NSAIDs dangerous? Is it just a stronger version of something like IBProfen?
    Thank you

Yesterday I tried only taking one dose of Gabapentin, Baclofen and Nabumetone in the morning. I hate the way I feel on them so didn't take them the rest of the day. I started to feel normal toward the end of the day besides having twitches and internal jitteryness.
    The biggest issue was that I was unable to sleep last night. I ended up taking a Hydoxyz Pam around 1:30am, then the baclofen and Nabumetone around 3:30am. I got about an hour of sleep from 4:00am - 5:00am, then finally fell asleep around 7:00am until 11:30am. I have an appointment today with a medical assistant to go over all of the medications and what happened in Detox. But I don't have an appointment with the actual MD until Thursday.
    Any advice on helping me sleep?
    Thanks