Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 322
Like Tree324Likes
Coming off opiates for good!
  1. #91
    Ming23 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockandhardplace View Post
    My husband came home around 1:30, and he scored me at 30. So I started the process and it went unbelievable smooth. I can't even get my mind wrapped around this. So far I've taken 6mg. I'm going to try and stay with that. Hopefully I can stabilize for a little bit and start working towards my future. I just so dumbfounded right now. I should of definitely done this sooner! I'm off the opiates and I'm so happy that my husband and I can start living again!!
    Thanks to everyone for all your support, I could never of done this without you. I was not in my right mind. The opiates were taking hold of me AGAIN. I should of know that I could never just reduce, and be done with them. If I could of just reduced faster or just stop using all together would of been even better. Anyway, it's done and over and I'm on my way into 2016 free of the merry go round. What a great day!!!
    Blessings to everyone and thanks again. Happy New Years!!!
    Michelle
    Yay and big congrats!! Sooooo happy for you Michelle!

  2. #92
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Bette,
    Thanks for your kind words. How I figured 6 mgs is, the night before my husband and I cut my 8mg pills into 4's. With the amount of opiates I was on, I knew that I would need at least 2mg. So that's what I started at. I took my first 2mgs at 1:30, the next an hour 2mg more and the last 2 mg an hour after that. I know that the formula you guys follow, you recommend starting the induction at a low.(.5mg dose) but I felt pretty confidant like I said I would need at least 2mg. Maybe that was the wrong way to go about it, but it turned out ok.
    I do want to ask you something though. Today, I don't feel so hot. Kind of ansty, anxiety, extremely sore all over and really tired. I didn't hardly sleep at all last night. I took 4mgs right off the bat this morning. and plan on taking the other 2mg later this afternoon. Is this normal to feel off kilter so to speak.
    I also have another problem. I have be taking 4 mg of lorazapam since I started reducing the opiates, (so like probably a month) I didn't take any yesterday because I didn't want it to affect my cows score. I want to get off them but don't know how fast to reduce. Do you think because I didn't take any yesterday, this off feeling is from that. I did take 1 mg this morning, and it didn't seem to help. Any thoughts??

  3. #93
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Thanks Randy! It still all feels like a dream. I hope I'm on the right path. I have a few concerns: Let me know what you think. This was a post to Bette, but I wanted to get your take on it. And just so you know I couldn't of done this without you. Your knowledge and experience has been invaluable to me. And I cant leave out the rest of the team: Bette, Cat, Ming have all be an integral part of me being able to take this leap. For whatever reason I found this site was a blessing from above. It's saved my marriage and my life!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rockandhardplace View Post
    Bette,
    Thanks for your kind words. How I figured 6 mgs is, the night before my husband and I cut my 8mg pills into 4's. With the amount of opiates I was on, I knew that I would need at least 2mg. So that's what I started at. I took my first 2mgs at 1:30, the next an hour 2mg more and the last 2 mg an hour after that. I know that the formula you guys follow, you recommend starting the induction at a low.(.5mg dose) but I felt pretty confidant like I said I would need at least 2mg. Maybe that was the wrong way to go about it, but it turned out ok.
    I do want to ask you something though. Today, I don't feel so hot. Kind of ansty, anxiety, extremely sore all over and really tired. I didn't hardly sleep at all last night. I took 4mgs right off the bat this morning. and plan on taking the other 2mg later this afternoon. Is this normal to feel off kilter so to speak.
    I also have another problem. I have be taking 4 mg of lorazapam since I started reducing the opiates, (so like probably a month) I didn't take any yesterday because I didn't want it to affect my cows score. I want to get off them but don't know how fast to reduce. Do you think because I didn't take any yesterday, this off feeling is from that. I did take 1 mg this morning, and it didn't seem to help. Any thoughts??
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-02-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    Ming23 and Iluv2smile like this.

  4. #94
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockandhardplace View Post
    Thanks Randy! It still all feels like a dream. I hope I'm on the right path. I have a few concerns: Let me know what you think. This was a post to Bette, but I wanted to get your take on it. And just so you know I couldn't of done this without you. Your knowledge and experience has been invaluable to me. And I cant leave out the rest of the team: Bette, Cat, Ming have all be an integral part of me being able to take this leap. For whatever reason I found this site was a blessing from above. It's saved my marriage and my life!!


    Hi Michelle,

    Glad you're doing good, but sorry you feel a little blah. I have the probable cause of that in a minute. First lets discuss your induction in case there's someone reading along for the first time and wanting to know to to do it properly. I'm not bashing/judging you in the least so PLEASE don't think that by what I say….

    The induction should be performed correctly by taking very SMALL doses of sub at first. That's how we know we're on the LOWEST effective dose. I would have liked to seen you follow the protocol and taken .5mg as your first dose, then added .25mg doses until stable. Your habit wasn't that bad or high compared to many others. I'm willing to bet you could have been stable on less than the 6mg you're now on. Please don't take that wrong, only saying what I know to be true in MOST every case.

    The only exception would be for someone coming to subs from Methadone or that have been HEAVY abusers of illicit drugs. We usually have them begin with a 1mg dose, then MAYBE 1mg more, then .5mg, the .25mg until stable. Those addicts usually require a little more sub than others. Usually, but not always.

    We as addicts always think MORE is better because that's what we've always done, take as much and as many pills/drugs as we could get. We had to take more and more just to keep from being sick after months/years of abuse. But with sub it's just the opposite and that doesn't usually compute with our brains. We think the more sub we take the better we'll feel. With sub more is less, meaning the LESS you take the better you'll usually feel. You'll understand that more when you're down to the smaller doses. You'll eventually discover that .5 - 1mg will hold you just like the 6m does that you're now taking. Hard to believe right now, but just wait and you'll see what I mean.

    Sub also has a "ceiling effect" which varies in all of us, but is somewhere around 8mg or so. That means once your blood levels of sub reach that ceiling more sub will not do a single thing for you. So you're wasting sub and wasting money by taking more than needed. With the long half life of 24 - 72 hrs sub has it doesn't take long before you reach that ceiling. More on that another time.

    It's important for you to spend a few days on 6mg then begin the taper process to get your dose down. The longer you remain on a higher dose the harder it is to get off. If it took you 6mg to get stable that's fine, we can make that work so please don't worry about that now. You did just fine with your induction and I don't mean to imply you didn't.

    If you're splitting the 6mg I would take even doses. Up to you of course. Just make certain to take it at the same time(s) each day as that keeps your system happy and insures you have a steady amount in your system.

    As for the Lorazapam, skipping the dose yesterday is most likely the cause of your symptoms. That stuff is temperamental. It doesn't mix well with subs either. If you've been taking it around a month it can't be atopped abruptly. If you want off it I would begin tapering that at the rate of about 10% of your dose every 4-7 days or so. Or you could just take less of it for now and taper off that after you've finished tapering the subs. I think that's what I would do myself.

    Hope this helps. Maybe take a small dose of the Lorazapam and see if you feel better. I wouldn't take more subs though.

    Randy
    Catrina, Ming23 and Iluv2smile like this.

  5. #95
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    Michelle!

    I was there New Year's Eve. I needed help getting my pole outta the car. I had all my music ready and everything.

    Peace,

    Cat

  6. #96
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    I agree with Randy on the lorazepam ..
    It takes a couple of days to stabilize on the sub..
    I definely would not add anymore to your sub dose ..
    6 mg is a pretty hefty dose..
    I know it hard to believe but I felt the best at 2 mg and I was coming odff high doses of methadone+150 mg.
    But of course I thought more is better in the beginning..

    My fear for you if you think you need more sub and add more to your dose
    It will have the opposite effect..
    Because it does feel a little strange in the beginning and your body has been through a pretty major ordeal..
    It needs time to adjust
    And sub takes a good 60/90 mins to work..
    Hang tight and
    You need to taper the lorazepam very slowly..
    I forget but how low of a sub dose did you get before your surgery?

    I am off to bed
    My group is tomorrow early..
    Thank God..
    Because we have been very busy at work..
    Take care
    Good job!
    Bette
    Ming23 likes this.

  7. #97
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Bette,
    In regards to your question about my sub dose before surgery: That was a nightmare. I broke my heel on a Sunday. I had only taken 1-8mg sub that morning before I fell (My dose was 24 mg, and that was for 5 yrs!) So, I stopped that day. I had such a hard time trying to get my pain under control for about a week. I was withdrawling from 24mg a day subs, while they are pumping pain meds in my system. I didn't start getting any relief until about a wk later, when they finally raised my opiate dose to 6-4 mg of dilaudid, 2- 30mg or long acting morphine, and 3mg of lorazapam. That's how I ended up on such an out rages amount of pain meds.
    I didn't have surgery until 24 days after the accident because of the swelling. So I'm not sure how much subs was still left in my system then.
    I think you might be confusing me with Redfishmachine. He was reducing his subs before a shoulder surgery I believe. He hasn't made an appearance since Dec 1st. Wish I could talk with him.
    Anyway thanks for the advice about me feeling off still. It makes sense that my body has been through the ringer.
    Hope you had a good meeting!
    Ttyl.
    Michelle
    xxoo
    Ming23 likes this.

  8. #98
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Cat,
    I love you, you kill me. Were you going to do an off Broadway number, or an original routine?
    Michelle
    xxoo

  9. #99
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    Oh I'm too unique. I got my own style, trust me on that. May not be pretty but it would be entertaining. Kinda a musical/comedy act.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

  10. #100
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hi Michelle,

    Glad you're doing good, but sorry you feel a little blah. I have the probable cause of that in a minute. First lets discuss your induction in case there's someone reading along for the first time and wanting to know to to do it properly. I'm not bashing/judging you in the least so PLEASE don't think that by what I say….

    The induction should be performed correctly by taking very SMALL doses of sub at first. That's how we know we're on the LOWEST effective dose. I would have liked to seen you follow the protocol and taken .5mg as your first dose, then added .25mg doses until stable. Your habit wasn't that bad or high compared to many others. I'm willing to bet you could have been stable on less than the 6mg you're now on. Please don't take that wrong, only saying what I know to be true in MOST every case.

    The only exception would be for someone coming to subs from Methadone or that have been HEAVY abusers of illicit drugs. We usually have them begin with a 1mg dose, then MAYBE 1mg more, then .5mg, the .25mg until stable. Those addicts usually require a little more sub than others. Usually, but not always.

    We as addicts always think MORE is better because that's what we've always done, take as much and as many pills/drugs as we could get. We had to take more and more just to keep from being sick after months/years of abuse. But with sub it's just the opposite and that doesn't usually compute with our brains. We think the more sub we take the better we'll feel. With sub more is less, meaning the LESS you take the better you'll usually feel. You'll understand that more when you're down to the smaller doses. You'll eventually discover that .5 - 1mg will hold you just like the 6m does that you're now taking. Hard to believe right now, but just wait and you'll see what I mean.

    Sub also has a "ceiling effect" which varies in all of us, but is somewhere around 8mg or so. That means once your blood levels of sub reach that ceiling more sub will not do a single thing for you. So you're wasting sub and wasting money by taking more than needed. With the long half life of 24 - 72 hrs sub has it doesn't take long before you reach that ceiling. More on that another time.

    It's important for you to spend a few days on 6mg then begin the taper process to get your dose down. The longer you remain on a higher dose the harder it is to get off. If it took you 6mg to get stable that's fine, we can make that work so please don't worry about that now. You did just fine with your induction and I don't mean to imply you didn't.

    If you're splitting the 6mg I would take even doses. Up to you of course. Just make certain to take it at the same time(s) each day as that keeps your system happy and insures you have a steady amount in your system.

    As for the Lorazapam, skipping the dose yesterday is most likely the cause of your symptoms. That stuff is temperamental. It doesn't mix well with subs either. If you've been taking it around a month it can't be atopped abruptly. If you want off it I would begin tapering that at the rate of about 10% of your dose every 4-7 days or so. Or you could just take less of it for now and taper off that after you've finished tapering the subs. I think that's what I would do myself.

    Hope this helps. Maybe take a small dose of the Lorazapam and see if you feel better. I wouldn't take more subs though.

    Randy
    Randy,
    Understood about the induction. I had the pills which makes it harder and I should of taken the time to crush those 2mg pieces into the proper amounts. We did try, but I got frustrated cuz we were making a mess and I couldn't keep them straight. I'm glad you made that note in case anyone reading was thinking of inducing. Definitely take the time to do it right.
    When do you think I should start reducing? I'm still feeling like a rag doll right now, and I'm not sleeping as well as I have been. You think it just might be the transition? It just feels like I'm in a fog. Probably because I could of used a smaller dose of the subs.
    Michelle
    xxoo
    Iluv2smile, Ming23 and Randy35 like this.

  11. #101
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Yes I think you are still feeling cruddy because of the induction..
    It takes a couple of days..
    I saw your post on another thread about hoping you don't need to up your dose..
    I really don't think you need a bigger dose..
    6 mg is a pretty big dose..

    I know you think your doses were high
    But not really compared to people taking them recreationally..
    I think you should stay right here at 6 mg
    Split doses 3mg + 3 mg
    Go from there..
    But I would not even begin to think of tapering till you are good and stable..
    You are gonna feel better when you taper to
    2-3mg
    You wait
    You will see..
    I promise..
    Thank you the nice birthdays wishes..
    Well worth the effort..
    My group was great
    Thank you
    Take care
    Bette
    Did you take your lorazepam today??
    Ming23 likes this.

  12. #102
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    I'm glad you had a great group. You deserve it! I know your a nurse and it's in your nature to take care of everyone, but don't forget to take care of you too! Treat yourself once in a while. New shoes, go out to dinner, hey lets get crazy and by a new bra!! lol Whatever makes you happy do it for yourself, and don't even think twice about it.
    I did take my lorazapam today, I think I'll just try to reduce that down to maybe 3 1/2 mg instead of 4? What do you think? too much, too little??
    Anyway, have a great night too!! And thanks as always, for checking in on me. That means so much.
    Take care, Blessings
    Michelle
    xxoo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-03-2016 at 04:33 PM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

  13. #103
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockandhardplace View Post
    I'm glad you had a great group. You deserve it! I know your a nurse and it's in your nature to take care of everyone, but don't forget to take care of you too! Treat yourself once in a while. New shoes, go out to dinner, hey lets get crazy and by a new bra!! lol Whatever makes you happy do it for yourself, and don't even think twice about it.
    I did take my lorazapam today, I think I'll just try to reduce that down to maybe 3 1/2 mg instead of 4? What do you think? too much, too little??
    Anyway, have a great night too!! And thanks as always, for checking in on me. That means so much.
    Take care, Blessings
    Michelle
    xxoo


    Michelle,

    I really believe your system kinda got shcoked a bit with the 6mg of sub at induction. That's a really big dose Michelle. But give it some time and your body will respond and things will smooth out for you. Then once you begin feeling much better you can think about the taper.

    Just be careful with the lorazapam. Don't reduce too quickly. Going down to 3 1/2mg may be a bit much in my opinion. Maybe reduce down to 3,75mg, but remain there several days to a week or so before reducing again. Drop a 1/4 dose at a time. That stuff can cause high issues of reduced too fast.

    Randy
    Ming23 and Iluv2smile like this.

  14. #104
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Michelle!
    Don't worry
    I just bought myself a brand new Range Rover Evoque..
    Last shoe count 123 pairs..
    I love handbags too..
    All 47 of them..
    I have a digital closet on my phone ..
    Snupps..
    It is great
    Helps me keep track of all of them..
    Lol
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-03-2016 at 05:27 PM.
    Catrina likes this.

  15. #105
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Well it's day 3 and still feeling like >>>>. No energy, sick to my stomach, diarrhea, hot and cold sweats..feels like I'm withdrawling again. Is this normal? I felt better on the 1st day seems like I should be feeling a little better. Not even trying to reduce lorazapam yet. Guess I just got to stick it out. Just seems weird.
    Ming23 likes this.

  16. #106
    Ming23 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockandhardplace View Post
    Well it's day 3 and still feeling like >>>>. No energy, sick to my stomach, diarrhea, hot and cold sweats..feels like I'm withdrawling again. Is this normal? I felt better on the 1st day seems like I should be feeling a little better. Not even trying to reduce lorazapam yet. Guess I just got to stick it out. Just seems weird.
    Hey Michelle!
    Why don't u start a thread on the Sub forum? You're way over here in Prescription drugs. lol
    Sorry u don't feel so well. I think the sub dose is too high not too low. Looking back on my own calendar, i KNOW i was way too high coming in on 8. I told myself since i was on methadone i needed More subs. That can be partly true, of course. People on methadone have additional hurdles but ultimately, it's the same for us all. We think More will fix it.
    Not with subs.
    What's Randy say?
    Iluv2smile and Randy35 like this.

  17. #107
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Woops, my bad Bette. I guess you know how to treat yourself!!! lol Good for you!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

  18. #108
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    I agree with Ming ..
    Let's see what Randy thinks..
    Yes Michelle I would not even start to taper the Ativan yet..
    How did you feel on the sub before at that high dose?
    Did you feel normal?
    I think you should start a thread on the sub treatment board too..
    Bette
    Randy35 likes this.

  19. #109
    Ming23 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Hey Michelle
    Just checking in on you. Hope you're doing ok.

  20. #110
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    Hi Michelle,

    Check in and let us know how you're doing. Sorry I have no advice. This is over my head. Randy should be checking in and hopefully he'll have some advice as to what to do. Hang in there and don't increase your subs, at least not until Randy comes by with a suggestion. You know we all count on Bette and Randy to have the answers.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Randy35 and Ming23 like this.

  21. #111
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockandhardplace View Post
    Well it's day 3 and still feeling like >>>>. No energy, sick to my stomach, diarrhea, hot and cold sweats..feels like I'm withdrawling again. Is this normal? I felt better on the 1st day seems like I should be feeling a little better. Not even trying to reduce lorazapam yet. Guess I just got to stick it out. Just seems weird.

    Michelle,

    I know this post of yours was from yesterday and I'm very curious how your feeling today? Hope you hop on soon and let us know.

    I admit when I read this post I immediately thought it sounds like wd symptoms and perhaps a bit more sub MAY be needed. But again, the 6mg your on is a very large dose and I agree with Ming and Bette that your symptoms may be the result of the dose being too high.

    Before we make any changes we need to know how your doing today.

    Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-05-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    Ming23 and Iluv2smile like this.

  22. #112
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    I too am curious how you are feeling today?
    With this process and sub 24 hrs can make a big difference..
    Idk if you saw my above post but how did you feel on a day to day basis on sub before?
    I ask that because it will never make you feel like you did on the full agonist opiates and sometimes I think we forget that..
    I will be back.
    Bette

  23. #113
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Hey guys, Sorry to delay in checking in. I have no idea what's happening, but it definitely not good!!
    Last night I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. My husband and I are stumped. These are a couple things we've been thinking:
    *The pills I have aren't subs. Their a generic Buprenorphin/Naloxon. I had to switch from sub tabs to these because my insurance stopped paying. When I switched over, I was taking 20mg (2&1/2) of subs. I had some bad w'd's, so my doc upped my dose to 3 (24mgs) and even then I went through a period where I was sick. (maybe like a month)
    * When I finally leveled out, I tried, on my own to go back to 2 1/2 ever other day. Again I was sick for a while.
    My husband works as a prison guard and he's often stationed in the hospital section. There are a few nurses there that said the reason I was sick was that those generic pills I have aren't made to be cut. When you cut them you risk not knowing exactly what mg your taking, because it's not evenly dispersed throughout the pill.
    I don't know if these nurses are right, but they have to attend classes every couple months to be kept up to date on these types of drugs. Often there is no doc on call 24hrs, so they have to have knowledge of them.
    Another thing.. these pills have been in my bathroom cabinet sitting for 4 months, maybe with the humidity in there, has caused them to expire???
    I know I'm reaching, but I know something isn't right.
    Today, I've only taken 2mgs. I'm not sure how I feel right now. I'm not sweating/cold chills, my stomach is still a little queesy, but no diarrhea. I'm scared to take anything. I really don't think I was on to high of a dose, considering the meds I was taking, but maybe. Anyway, I'm still alive (barley) lol. Just really weak. I didn't eat at all (that's HIGHLY unusual), but I felt I did keep up with hydration.
    So any feedback would be great!!
    Michelle

  24. #114
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Michelle..
    How many pills were you really taking?
    I was under the impression it was 4-6 mg of dilaudid..
    And 30 mg MS Contin x2 a day.
    I is really something for you to be so sick on such a high dose before..
    That 20-24 mg is just crazy..
    You must be really sensitive to Meds..
    Some people are..
    I see it at work all the time..
    I feel so bad for you because I know you really want to feel better..
    After all this and at this point.
    But maybe your pain would be more tolerable than all this other crud?
    It truly
    Sux..

    Randy is around I am curious to see what he says..
    Bette


    Does that mean when the nurses are giving sub out at work they give a 8 mg pill as a dose?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-05-2016 at 11:47 AM.

  25. #115
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Michelle,

    You can drive yourself crazy with the "what if's". I assure you you're getting the exact amount your taking. Thousands and thousands of sub pills have been split into smaller doses and they work every single time. Not sure where the nurses got their info but I believe it's in error. I split sub pills and film, and I also used the generic version. Every single dose and every single piece did it's job. I've helps MANY friends at home and in NA/AA meetings get on and off subs. They all split the pills and film with NO issues at all.

    We have to figure out why you're not doing so hot. I can tell you your habit just wasn't that high compared to many others. In my own case I was gobbling down 60 - 90 of the 7.5mg Vicodin pills every single day. Then I was on methadone at doses over 200mgs per day. I was also taking handfuls of benzo's along with tramadol, kratom, alcohol by the buckets, and every illicit drug I could find. My habit was HUGE, for nearly 18 years and it only took 8mgs of sub to get me completely stable.

    If you've only taken 2mgs of sub today then I suggest you take 1 - 2mg more right now and see how you feel in an hour or so.

    That's my suggestion.

    Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-05-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Ming23 likes this.

  26. #116
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Bette,
    I was taking 4-6 4mg of dilaudid. So like 24 mg of dilaudid and 60 mg morphine. I think your right about me being sensitive. It's going to be tough coming off the subs no matter what dose I take. Do you thingk anything I said about the generic and the pill cutting makes sense?
    Michelle

  27. #117
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Randy,
    Do you remember Amanda and her girlfriend? (I forgot her name) they were both inducing at the same time and Amanda felt great while her girlfriend was sicker than a dog. Something to do with Subutex or some sort of sub that had a medicine in it that didn't agree with her? She got on the one without that certain med in it and she felt good after that?
    I know I've taken this med before, but do you think that might be an option?
    My doc isn't in the office today, but I'm going to try and call him tomorrow and see if I can get a smaller mg than the 8mg I have.
    I'll give the 1 mg a try, like you said and check back in later. I think I'm going to try some toast too. Thanks for the advice Randy!!
    Michelle

  28. #118
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockandhardplace View Post
    Randy,
    Do you remember Amanda and her girlfriend? (I forgot her name) they were both inducing at the same time and Amanda felt great while her girlfriend was sicker than a dog. Something to do with Subutex or some sort of sub that had a medicine in it that didn't agree with her? She got on the one without that certain med in it and she felt good after that?
    I know I've taken this med before, but do you think that might be an option?
    My doc isn't in the office today, but I'm going to try and call him tomorrow and see if I can get a smaller mg than the 8mg I have.
    I'll give the 1 mg a try, like you said and check back in later. I think I'm going to try some toast too. Thanks for the advice Randy!!
    Michelle

    Yes, I remember them. Sometimes the Naloxone that's in Suboxone can have an adverse effect on users. It's in less than 5% of people using suboxone, so very rare. The symptoms that are produced from the Naloxone are almost always related to stomach issues. You report other symptoms so I doubt you have that particular problem with the subs. I really believe your issues are dose-related.

    Once we get you on the right dose you should begin feeling much better. It may take a day or 2 so please do your best to hang in there. I know it's rough and no fun to be feeling lousy, but hopefully later today or in the morning you'll turn the corner.

    Check back in an hour or so.

    Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

  29. #119
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    I don't think it has to do with cutting the pills either..
    I have said this before but your doses were not high..
    I too was on 50-60 10 mg loratabs a day
    And over 150-250 mg of methadone for
    10 years..
    The dr induced me to 24 mg and at that time more was better for me ..
    But I felt better at 6 mg
    Then really good at 2 mg..

    You might want to do some soul searching..
    It was just a couple of days ago you were taking pills from the hiding places..
    Now you are suppose to believe less is better..
    It took me months to really get that concept..
    We are stubborn..
    I am not judging you at all..
    I hope you know that..
    I a, just trying to help to see what is going on..
    Even when you were on subs
    More was always the answer..
    It is gonna take a little proof and time
    To reverse that thinking and feeling..
    It is ok..
    But you have trusted this process
    Now you can trust that too..
    You are gonna be ok..
    Michelle..
    Please be patient with your body you have put it through a lot..
    But our bodies are amazing if we let them do their thing..
    Will check back
    Bette
    Catrina and Ming23 like this.

  30. #120
    Ming23 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Michelle
    How are you doing?
    How much did you end up taking?
    Thinking if you

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Coming off for good
    By Chjohnson in forum Suboxone Treatment
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-16-2016, 08:33 AM
  2. Coming off benzos and opiates
    By little_engine in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2014, 12:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22