• 1 Post By ikthos
  • 1 Post By ShooterMcGav
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By ShooterMcGav
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Coming Off Oxy - Started Buprenorphine
    ikthos is offline New Member

Default Coming Off Oxy - Started Buprenorphine

Hello everyone! I am writing this today and I am full of hope that I will find all the support that I need. I have been following your forums for so long but never been a member till now. 5 days ago I quit a high and strong addiction to Oxycodone. I don't think anyone will even believe my daily dose I reached in the last couple of months. Let's start with the beginning though. It all started in 2012, with a couple of Vics tablets per day and kept growing till I reached a daily dose of around 1800 mg of Oxy. Yes, that's around 60 tabs of 30mg OXY daily!! and I wasn't even feeling the high in my last few weeks!! It is stupid and pathetic I know. But I have a kid. I have a wife that I do love and a life that I am trying to rescue and do some damage control as it already affected my job and got laid off!! Anyways, tapering down would have been stupid from a dose that high and cold turkey would have been suicidal I think, so I found myself a Subutex (Buprenorphine Only) doctor. Even him was amazed with the extent of my addiction ( BTW, I swallow the pills - I don't do IV, or snort and don't do any other drugs ) so he put me on 8mg SL Bup. 3 times daily , as needed the few days, as he said , to saturate my receptors, then going down to 16mg daily by the end of the first week, 12mg daily the second week, then he wants me to reach 8mg by the 3rd week. Anyways, WD were still awful the first night, it is like the Buprenorphine wasn't doing anything. But it started to get better. I am now on day 5 but I find myself a bit lost. I still feel no 100% relief even with 24mg or 16mg of Bup a day, Is this normal? I know everyday goes by I found myself better, but my main problem is the energy. I have zero energy. It was way worse on day 1 or 2 , I may be 30% better than day 1, but that's not a real improvement. I have to take care of a 2 year old kid as my wife works most of the time, I don't know what to do?! My second question and that's the important one. My doctor Does not have a clear DETOX plan, no Exit strategy. I don't want to be on Bup. for so long and suffer from another curse going off Subs knowing how long their t1/2 is. Please help me out with a taper plan, considering my 4 or 5 years, of heavy Oxy use. Any supplement that can help with the energy thing or with the sleep at night is appreciated, any suggestion is much much appreciated. Waiting impatiently for your replies
    Roy52 likes this.

ShooterMcGav is offline Junior Member

Uhg... I typed a book then deleted it trying to edit it!!

Google "Robert's Taper Plan" and the "Thomas Recipe"... invaluable information on aiding you in your recovery, and making the road to get there as smooth as possible.

Don't dwell on the mg you were taking or the high doses you were on... oxy has a short half life and will be out of your system for good- just stay on the taper plan and you will get through this!

Congrats on taking the first step!!! You're on your way to a new life man, free from the chains of addiction!!!
    spacie1985 likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ikthos View Post
    Hello everyone! I am writing this today and I am full of hope that I will find all the support that I need. I have been following your forums for so long but never been a member till now. 5 days ago I quit a high and strong addiction to Oxycodone. I don't think anyone will even believe my daily dose I reached in the last couple of months. Let's start with the beginning though. It all started in 2012, with a couple of Vics tablets per day and kept growing till I reached a daily dose of around 1800 mg of Oxy. Yes, that's around 60 tabs of 30mg OXY daily!! and I wasn't even feeling the high in my last few weeks!! It is stupid and pathetic I know. But I have a kid. I have a wife that I do love and a life that I am trying to rescue and do some damage control as it already affected my job and got laid off!! Anyways, tapering down would have been stupid from a dose that high and cold turkey would have been suicidal I think, so I found myself a Subutex (Buprenorphine Only) doctor. Even him was amazed with the extent of my addiction ( BTW, I swallow the pills - I don't do IV, or snort and don't do any other drugs ) so he put me on 8mg SL Bup. 3 times daily , as needed the few days, as he said , to saturate my receptors, then going down to 16mg daily by the end of the first week, 12mg daily the second week, then he wants me to reach 8mg by the 3rd week. Anyways, WD were still awful the first night, it is like the Buprenorphine wasn't doing anything. But it started to get better. I am now on day 5 but I find myself a bit lost. I still feel no 100% relief even with 24mg or 16mg of Bup a day, Is this normal? I know everyday goes by I found myself better, but my main problem is the energy. I have zero energy. It was way worse on day 1 or 2 , I may be 30% better than day 1, but that's not a real improvement. I have to take care of a 2 year old kid as my wife works most of the time, I don't know what to do?! My second question and that's the important one. My doctor Does not have a clear DETOX plan, no Exit strategy. I don't want to be on Bup. for so long and suffer from another curse going off Subs knowing how long their t1/2 is. Please help me out with a taper plan, considering my 4 or 5 years, of heavy Oxy use. Any supplement that can help with the energy thing or with the sleep at night is appreciated, any suggestion is much much appreciated. Waiting impatiently for your replies
    ikthos - You most likely inducted on the bupe incorrectly (too soon and way too much) and you went into precipitated withdrawals! The incorrect induction and the amount of bupe you are taking is making you feel like you are! You are taking way too much subs at 24mg/day or 16mg/day, even 8mg/day is a lot. I would think you could be comfortable at 6mg/day or less? Remember with subs, less is more! Also there is a ceiling effect with subs and i've read in several different places/websites/articles that it is as low as 4mg? Taking more subs over the ceiling dose does not increase its effects! Please read Robert's sub taper plan, here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

If I were you I would go down to 6mg/day, 3mg in the morning and 3mg 8-10 hours later. Take your bupe at the same time everyday for example take 3mg at 9am and then take 3mg at 6 pm, do not dose again until 9am the nest morning! Continue with this dosing schedule for 4-5 days and see how you feel? I hope this helps? Let us know your progress and if you have any questions or concerns? Take care... God bless us all!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterMcGav View Post
    Uhg... I typed a book then deleted it trying to edit it!!

Google "Robert's Taper Plan" and the "Thomas Recipe"... invaluable information on aiding you in your recovery, and making the road to get there as smooth as possible.

Don't dwell on the mg you were taking or the high doses you were on... oxy has a short half life and will be out of your system for good- just stay on the taper plan and you will get through this!

Congrats on taking the first step!!! You're on your way to a new life man, free from the chains of addiction!!!
    Thanks a lot for your reply and encouragement. I reviewed Robert's taper plan and it seems very logical and based on it I will have to draft my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    ikthos - You most likely inducted on the bupe incorrectly (too soon and way too much) and you went into precipitated withdrawals! The incorrect induction and the amount of bupe you are taking is making you feel like you are! You are taking way too much subs at 24mg/day or 16mg/day, even 8mg/day is a lot. I would think you could be comfortable at 6mg/day or less? Remember with subs, less is more! Also there is a ceiling effect with subs and i've read in several different places/websites/articles that it is as low as 4mg? Taking more subs over the ceiling dose does not increase its effects! Please read Robert's sub taper plan, here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

If I were you I would go down to 6mg/day, 3mg in the morning and 3mg 8-10 hours later. Take your bupe at the same time everyday for example take 3mg at 9am and then take 3mg at 6 pm, do not dose again until 9am the nest morning! Continue with this dosing schedule for 4-5 days and see how you feel? I hope this helps? Let us know your progress and if you have any questions or concerns? Take care... God bless us all!
    Hello there Ricky71 ! I was inducted 21 hours after my last dose. I always thought that's the norm. But may be your are right and for some reason I had some Oxy in my system. Anyways, that's now behind my back. I found a couple of energy supps on Amazon , I received the first one yesterday and it made a significant difference. The second should be arriving today so I guess with both on hand I should regain most of my energy which is my major issue. Do not worry. It is stimulant free. Just a mix of herbs (Xanthine free - I am of a medical background so I would know if they put caffeine or other stimulants under some fancy name ) Both supp, are basically a mix of herbs, Vit B complex with focus on B12 and B6, L-Tyrosine, L-Carnitine and so on. Yes I do believe my current dose is too high. In fact I feel some of the fatigue I feel happens after dosing with Sub. Starting today I will significantly cut that to a max of 8mg/ day and hopefully 6mg/day.
    Question though about the dosing of Bup. Coz I always heard it is better to dose it once a day so it keeps your mind off when is your next dose , you know that kind of addiction-pattern mindset. At the same time, I personally feel, especially at first that a twice a day dosing might be beneficial. Some claim that twice daily dosing might be an issue when weaning myself off later on. Another question, most agreed that cutting down the dose by 25% every 4 to 7 days is ideal, do I start that right away? I am actually confused on which dose I am actually stabilized now. Should I try the 8mg for a few days then go down to 6mg and so on? And my last question, overall, what is the max duration of the taper plan so I don't risk being addicted to the Sub itself? Robert's plan was somehow very generalized. I need prayers. I am really scared deep inside. But I won't stop. God Bless!

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Insanely high dose there of oxy's! From my experience of stoping a almost 8 yrs 60 to 75mg in a 24 hour period vicodin party, it gets better and you get normal. Im a little over 1 yr clean. :]. Every once in a while i log in just to see the world i came from and come across someone like yourself. Heres my timeline from stopping Ct. 1st week was hell. 2nd week nightmare. 3rd week was a glimmer of hope.1 month was illusion of out the woods. 2 months actually out the woods. 3 month i was my old self and no cravings. Its a very long journey but you just have to commit and do it. I hit the gym now and do bodybuilding and its my new high. I get so happy and look forward to lifting like i used to look forward to popping the pill. Good luck.......... it can be done. Btw.. no NA, no one got told, this was all me.

Well I am proud of you. I hope that's the new me , a year or 2 from now. BTW, you didn't need to go on sub like if did , did you ? I guess not. Your habit wasn't as insane as mine. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate every single input guys.

Hello there Ricky71 ! I was inducted 21 hours after my last dose. I always thought that's the norm. But may be your are right and for some reason I had some Oxy in my system. Anyways, that's now behind my back. I found a couple of energy supps on Amazon , I received the first one yesterday and it made a significant difference. The second should be arriving today so I guess with both on hand I should regain most of my energy which is my major issue. Do not worry. It is stimulant free. Just a mix of herbs (Xanthine free - I am of a medical background so I would know if they put caffeine or other stimulants under some fancy name ) Both supp, are basically a mix of herbs, Vit B complex with focus on B12 and B6, L-Tyrosine, L-Carnitine and so on. Yes I do believe my current dose is too high. In fact I feel some of the fatigue I feel happens after dosing with Sub. Starting today I will significantly cut that to a max of 8mg/ day and hopefully 6mg/day.
    Question though about the dosing of Bup. Coz I always heard it is better to dose it once a day so it keeps your mind off when is your next dose , you know that kind of addiction-pattern mindset. At the same time, I personally feel, especially at first that a twice a day dosing might be beneficial. Some claim that twice daily dosing might be an issue when weaning myself off later on. Another question, most agreed that cutting down the dose by 25% every 4 to 7 days is ideal, do I start that right away? I am actually confused on which dose I am actually stabilized now. Should I try the 8mg for a few days then go down to 6mg and so on? And my last question, overall, what is the max duration of the taper plan so I don't risk being addicted to the Sub itself? Robert's plan was somehow very generalized. I need prayers. I am really scared deep inside. But I won't stop. God Bless!
    Time is not the correct indicator for sub induction, the only true and accurate way is the COWS worksheet with a minimum score of 26! Like you said, you are beyond that now. The reason for dosing twice a day now is to keep somewhat of an even amount/flow of subs in your system. It is also extremely important to dose at the same time everyday no matter if you're dosing once or twice a day? You can use a similar dosing schedule as I mentioned in the other post? It's up to you if you want to dose once or twice a day but I think most feel better dosing twice a day in the beginning! When you get down to .25mg you can start dosing once a day! Robert's plan takes around 6-8 weeks or so? There is no need to rush this process, slow and steady wins the race! If you do this right the first time you'll never have to do it again! I still recommend you dose only 6mg/day split in two doses of 3mg! Stay there for 4-5 days and then reduce 25%! Your new dose will be 4.5mg split in two equal doses for the next 4-5 days then reduce again by 25%, so on and so forth! You got this my friend, take it slow! Keep us updated? Good luck! God bless us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Time is not the correct indicator for sub induction, the only true and accurate way is the COWS worksheet with a minimum score of 26! Like you said, you are beyond that now. The reason for dosing twice a day now is to keep somewhat of an even amount/flow of subs in your system. It is also extremely important to dose at the same time everyday no matter if you're dosing once or twice a day? You can use a similar dosing schedule as I mentioned in the other post? It's up to you if you want to dose once or twice a day but I think most feel better dosing twice a day in the beginning! When you get down to .25mg you can start dosing once a day! Robert's plan takes around 6-8 weeks or so? There is no need to rush this process, slow and steady wins the race! If you do this right the first time you'll never have to do it again! I still recommend you dose only 6mg/day split in two doses of 3mg! Stay there for 4-5 days and then reduce 25%! Your new dose will be 4.5mg split in two equal doses for the next 4-5 days then reduce again by 25%, so on and so forth! You got this my friend, take it slow! Keep us updated? Good luck! God bless us all!
    Thanks for your reply. My energy levels continue to climb. Still I owe it to those supplements. Today is the first day I did not feel the need for an afternoon nap ) I dosed 6mg in the morning hoping it will be my only dose, this way I can do once day now on. I feel it keeps my mind off the Sub for the rest of the day. Hopefully no cravings till tomorrow (till the next dose). If so, I will go on for 4 more days then cut it down by 25%. I wonder how will my doctor react to my aggressive plan ( aggressive to him). I don't really care about his opinion. I just need the meds he dispenses at the clinic. I will try to keep posting everyday. Also today is the first day I can clearly say I am almost normal (not 100% but close enough). In terms of WD, pain, RLS, anxiety, Energy. Hope it continues with the rest of the taper plan. Keep me in your prayers everyone. I feel much more motivation today. God Bless

Thanks for your reply. My energy levels continue to climb. Still I owe it to those supplements. Today is the first day I did not feel the need for an afternoon nap ) I dosed 6mg in the morning hoping it will be my only dose, this way I can do once day now on. I feel it keeps my mind off the Sub for the rest of the day. Hopefully no cravings till tomorrow (till the next dose). If so, I will go on for 4 more days then cut it down by 25%. I wonder how will my doctor react to my aggressive plan ( aggressive to him). I don't really care about his opinion. I just need the meds he dispenses at the clinic. I will try to keep posting everyday. Also today is the first day I can clearly say I am almost normal (not 100% but close enough). In terms of WD, pain, RLS, anxiety, Energy. Hope it continues with the rest of the taper plan. Keep me in your prayers everyone. I feel much more motivation today. God Bless
    I wouldn't mention anything to the doctor about your taper plan. Just get your script and follow Robert's plan! You also have this forum for your questions, concerns and support! Keep us updated? You'll get through this, don't rush it! God bless us all!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hope today was a good day for you bud.. err yesterday... hopefully your sleeping well. My situation has sleep at a minimum- but I'll catch up one day; for now I'm Oxy free and enjoying that much.

Keep up the good work, and don't look back- you got this!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hope today was a good day for you bud.. err yesterday... hopefully your sleeping well. My situation has sleep at a minimum- but I'll catch up one day; for now I'm Oxy free and enjoying that much.

Keep up the good work, and don't look back- you got this!
    Yesterday was an OK day. Some symptoms in late afternoon but I just brushed them off. So that's my first day @ 6mg/day
    This morning I started with a different strategy then, Since I have the 8mg SL on hand (for cost effectiveness reasons), it will be a bit hard to cut down a 3mg fraction. So I dosed this morning with 4mg, in case I have some WD symptoms later, I can use the remaining 2mg. As You guys guided me, will stabilize on that dose for 3 or 4 more days then cut down by 25%. I can't still believe how my doctor wanted me to be on double or triple this dose. And he is supposed to be the best in the area. I can't deny I am getting lots of support from my supplements too. My appetite is still so so though but I am willing to start exercising once I regain my appetite back. 4 years ago, I used to hit the gym 4 days a week. Can't wait till those days are back. Please keep me in your prayers. Any suggestion is always appreciated. If you ever thought I made a wrong move/step/decision, please don't hesitate to point it out. I have very high tolerance to criticism. Thanks everyone again. you are all great!! God Bless!

Yo bro! Keep fighting the good fight!!
    I'm a little weary of the 4mg then 2mg... unless you bypass the 2mg and are OK until the next day. When dosing twice a day you want to keep them about equal, keeping the subs in your system at that "stable" level. 4mg and then half of that later seems like you might be feeling bad before the next 4mg dose?
    I'd recommend cutting the strip into eights (in half, those pieces in half, then all four of those in half). This will give you 8 equal strips at 1mg per- much easier to dose 3mg accurately.
    Hope that helps, have a great day!!

Yo bro! Keep fighting the good fight!!
    I'm a little weary of the 4mg then 2mg... unless you bypass the 2mg and are OK until the next day. When dosing twice a day you want to keep them about equal, keeping the subs in your system at that "stable" level. 4mg and then half of that later seems like you might be feeling bad before the next 4mg dose?
    I'd recommend cutting the strip into eights (in half, those pieces in half, then all four of those in half). This will give you 8 equal strips at 1mg per- much easier to dose 3mg accurately.
    Hope that helps, have a great day!!
    Hey Shooter! I wish I can do that. I don't get the strips. I get SL tablets, each of a size of a round ADVIL pill but thinner. I just have to go back to a once daily dosing and tough it up later in the afternoon ( I wonder if I can upload a pic on the forum ?)

Hey Shooter! I wish I can do that. I don't get the strips. I get SL tablets, each of a size of a round ADVIL pill but thinner. I just have to go back to a once daily dosing and tough it up later in the afternoon ( I wonder if I can upload a pic on the forum ?)
    Here's how to divide and dose the tabs? You can cut them in half, then you have two 4mg pieces. Take one 4mg piece and crush it into fine powder now divide this into 4 equal piles. Now you have 4 1mg piles, you can further divide those 1mg piles when the time comes? Put the desired pile on the corner of a business card to transfer the powder to under your tounge. This is how you correctly divide the tabs! Store the piles in foil or similiar with the marked mg size on it!

Thanks a lot Ricky71 . I will start doing so. The problem is that the clinic dispenses 8mg, 4mg and 2mg SL tabs all for the same price. But that sounds like a great idea!! God bless you man! Keep me in your prayers

Thanks a lot Ricky71 . I will start doing so. The problem is that the clinic dispenses 8mg, 4mg and 2mg SL tabs all for the same price. But that sounds like a great idea!! God bless you man! Keep me in your prayers
    Just continue to work with the 8mg tabs for the time being! You can switch to the 2mg tabs if you want when you get down to the real small doses in Robert's taper plan? Keep us updated? God bless us all!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there .Congratulations
    This is definitely a fight worth fighting
    sub is a strange drug
    Less is more
    Most people feel better on a smaller dose.

You can get a pull crusher bit cutter but crusher to crush the pulls up Snd evenly divide the pills.

Usually it takes a little while for us to believe that less is more!
    And to really learn to listen to our body
    And
    Not our mind!

Our mind is not a really good friend at
    This point!

Crazy I know
    But this opiate addiction is
    Very
    Cunning
    Baffling
    And powerful..

With the majority of it in our minds!
    Get your mental gloves on!
    But it is worth every little
    Pain
    Tear
    RLS

To be free.

Bette

Hello everyone! I had intended to post daily about my Sub dosing and routine. But last Wednesday, I had a huge setback in my life. Something that can affect my career and my whole life and it is all because of my addiction. I am trying – through God’s grace - to make the best out of it. As a result, after 2 days dosing at 6mg, I took one huge dose of 16mg. It was too high. That drug is too potent. It literally knocked me down despite my huge habit on Oxy. I was just so desperate and imbalanced at that moment. But because of all what happened on that Wednesday, I didn’t even want to ever take that drug or any drug again!! I had ordered some Kratom overnight. I heard it might help with symptoms of WDs and since then, I did not take any Buprenorphine. It has been 6 days, exactly 143 hours. My main complaint: Fatigue or lack of energy, some anxiety, some body aches and major sleeplessness at night. The worst are the fatigue and the sleeplessness, and sure if I don’t sleep well, that would negatively affect my energy levels the following day, hence the vicious cycle keeps going on. Today has been really bad in terms of energy. May be I need to reduce my dose of Kratom. I am still experimenting with it but I have to admit, it helped out a lot. I am not sure if the worst part is over yet or should I expect more down the hill. I will keep my finger crossed. I am hoping I won’t suffer from delayed Sub. WDs coz I have been on it for just a week. Plus I already suffered from precipitated withdrawals because of my genius doctor. I will keep you posted. I need lots of prayers. I don’t want to take anymore drugs. No Oxy. No Sub. I am really worried. The last 14 days have been a real struggle on so many levels. Personal, career-wise, and of course, physically and psychologically. What makes it worse, no one in my household knows about my addiction struggle. I had to fake the flu, headaches and any disease you can imagine. I want to start a mild or moderate exercise. I also started using D-Phenylalanine. It is thought to mimec Endorphins by inhibiting Enkephalinase, the enzyme that breaks them down. I am hoping I can go back and post a daily journal for the last few days. I need lots or prayers and advice. I am a very weak person. Once the first week or 10 days are over, I will start to drastically cut down on the Kratom. I want to be done taking it within a month. I don’t want to endure a new addiction.
    Tomorrow, I have an appointment with my Sub. Doctor. I don’t even know if I should tell him what I did. What I know is that I might need to regularly see him for a while for professional and employment related reasons. Please let me know of any suggestion or advice.
    For now, Thanks Bette, Ricky and Shooter
    God Bless!

Hello everyone! I had intended to post daily about my Sub dosing and routine. But last Wednesday, I had a huge setback in my life. Something that can affect my career and my whole life and it is all because of my addiction. I am trying – through God’s grace - to make the best out of it. As a result, after 2 days dosing at 6mg, I took one huge dose of 16mg. It was too high. That drug is too potent. It literally knocked me down despite my huge habit on Oxy. I was just so desperate and imbalanced at that moment. But because of all what happened on that Wednesday, I didn’t even want to ever take that drug or any drug again!! I had ordered some Kratom overnight. I heard it might help with symptoms of WDs and since then, I did not take any Buprenorphine. It has been 6 days, exactly 143 hours. My main complaint: Fatigue or lack of energy, some anxiety, some body aches and major sleeplessness at night. The worst are the fatigue and the sleeplessness, and sure if I don’t sleep well, that would negatively affect my energy levels the following day, hence the vicious cycle keeps going on. Today has been really bad in terms of energy. May be I need to reduce my dose of Kratom. I am still experimenting with it but I have to admit, it helped out a lot. I am not sure if the worst part is over yet or should I expect more down the hill. I will keep my finger crossed. I am hoping I won’t suffer from delayed Sub. WDs coz I have been on it for just a week. Plus I already suffered from precipitated withdrawals because of my genius doctor. I will keep you posted. I need lots of prayers. I don’t want to take anymore drugs. No Oxy. No Sub. I am really worried. The last 14 days have been a real struggle on so many levels. Personal, career-wise, and of course, physically and psychologically. What makes it worse, no one in my household knows about my addiction struggle. I had to fake the flu, headaches and any disease you can imagine. I want to start a mild or moderate exercise. I also started using D-Phenylalanine. It is thought to mimec Endorphins by inhibiting Enkephalinase, the enzyme that breaks them down. I am hoping I can go back and post a daily journal for the last few days. I need lots or prayers and advice. I am a very weak person. Once the first week or 10 days are over, I will start to drastically cut down on the Kratom. I want to be done taking it within a month. I don’t want to endure a new addiction.
    Tomorrow, I have an appointment with my Sub. Doctor. I don’t even know if I should tell him what I did. What I know is that I might need to regularly see him for a while for professional and employment related reasons. Please let me know of any suggestion or advice.
    For now, Thanks Bette, Ricky and Shooter
    God Bless!
    I hope you did your research regarding the Kratom, if you haven't then please do? Kratom has not been very well studied, it is an addictive substance, it can have serious side effects and can cause withdrawals when coming off it? Six states have banned Kratom already with more to come! Until there is more solid research and studies on Kratom I would err on the side of caution before using using it? Just be careful, you don't want to trade one addiction for another! Keep us updated, we are here to help? I wish you well... God bless us all!
    Iluv2smile likes this.