Coming off Percocet: advice please
    JJ1986 is offline New Member

Default Coming off Percocet: advice please

Hi guys,

Ive been taking Percocet 5/325, 3 pills 3x daily for the last month, before that it was 1-2 pills twice daily for 3 months. So 4 months total. I've seen an addictions doctor and he gave me a prescription for suboxone and told me to use it after 48 hours clean. I'm considering just cold turkeying it because I don't want to get hooked on the subs. Today I took 4mg hydromorphone and it didn't even touch me. So at this point I'm ready to just be off all drugs. What does everyone think? I'm planning on being clean 100% as of tomorrow. Would you recommend CT or trying the subs? I am really nervous because I've never gone through this before. I had surgery in July which is how this whole thing started. Im off work right now to deal with this so in terms of being functional it doesn't play a big role at this time. However I need to be in good shape for school in January. Advice and experiences welcomed!

JJ

LaGlo727 is offline Member

Hey JJ. Not much specific experience with your drug of choice, but I'm detoxing from methadone now and had the option of switching to subs. But like you I kinda would rather just forget subs and get this over with once and for all. I already used methadone to get off roxys and I feel trading for another addictive drug is backtracking. Not helpful to you I suppose lol but just saying my thought process matches yours for why I don't wanna do subs