Coming off of roughly 10mg Methadone ct. NEED SUPPORT!
    blahblahblah22 is offline New Member

Default Coming off of roughly 10mg Methadone ct. NEED SUPPORT!

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-27-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Should probably also add that I have no mental desire to take pills. I hate them and I hate myself for giving into my pain. It just seems so much more intense than ever before.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-27-2015 at 05:15 PM.

dadrecovers is offline Banned

You need to talk to someone personally about your problems, whether it may be drug addiction or mental problem. You need someone to be there for you.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-17-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dadrecovers View Post
    You need to talk to someone personally about your problems, whether it may be drug addiction or mental problem. You need someone to be there for you.

Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I was looking for here.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there..
    I don't know if taking tramadol 1 time and 4 mg could set you back that much physically..
    But I know it can mentally..
    Because of the guilt and then wanting to say oh well I took that so now why not take blah blah blah?

Did you take tramadol before?
    Cuz it is a little tricky to come off of..

Can you go to a 12 step meeting ?

It is so difficult to do this alone ...
    But we will support you but face to face support with a person who has been through the same is really priceless..

I hope you are drink lots of water..
    Taking vitamins
    Exercise if possible ..
    Anything walk around the block..

Try and get excited about your new job ..
    Make yourself get excited..
    That will help the endorphins to start flowing again..
    Get ready for it..
    It is much easier to focus on something..
    Especially something so positive..

Forgive yourself and move on ...
    Not only will you keep punishing yourself for taking those pills but that will keep you stuck..
    What is done
    Is done..
    Learn from it ..
    Do something different..
    In fact I had to do many things different..
    I changed just about everything even where my furniture was placed in my house..

I did not need anything to remind me of my old life on pills..

The patches will help ..
    I take Excedrin for pain..
    It works..
    It has Tylenol and aspirin in it ..

Keep posting and we will support you ..
    Today is a new day!
    Just for today we can stay clean and be grateful..
    Some never get a day clean..
    Take care
    Iluv2
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-27-2015 at 09:38 AM.

jana34 is offline Junior Member

Hey there blah. I can't read your original post cause it's been deleted due to swearing. One time I successfully detoxed off methadone coming down 2 mgs a week. I was 19 at the time but 2 yrs later I was strung out and went back on methadone. Another time I detoxed down to 15 mgs and jumped off. I wish I had stuck it out. Made it 9 days. Used for a couple days, made it 4 more days then started using again and then back to methadone. What you're doing is tough. Extremely tough. Sometimes it was just more practical for me to be on methadone than withdrawing. I needed to be at work and of course it took me out of the hell of withdrawing.
    Anyone on these threads who has posted advice about kicking anything cold turkey is most likely the advice you can follow even if not posted on your thread. The vitamins, supplements, exercise etc. You'll find a lot of positive support on here even if it's not your own thread. Take care. I hope you're still sticking it out

Thanks for the response. It's been a hell of an experience. I jumped straight off the methadone 15 days ago. Used 1 50mg tramadol every couple of days to ease things up. Jumped completely off the tramadol Wednesday. Day 1 wasn't so bad but it did suck. Days 2 and 3 were the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. Around the 72 hour mark I began to feel a bit better, the physical withdrawal symptoms have gotten so much better. I actually somehow slept 9 hours. Woke up feeling extremely tired and down in the dumps but things have progressed the longer I've been awake. What I fear most is the pain of days 2 and 3 creeping back up on me. Is it an encouraging sign to feel so much better or should I expect all of the bad to come roaring back on me?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Are you talking about the first three days after the trams? Or are you talking about your initial first three days of jumping the methadone? You should be o.k. now that your so far in, you might have some waves, but not as bad as days 2 & 3. I would not have wanted to go through what you did, methadone is pretty heavy w/d for many people, even as low as 10mg. It is encouraging that you are feeling so much better. Now to keep it that way: Plenty of water, good fruit juice, eat as healthy as possible, get some vitamins and minerals into you as well: especially calcium, magnesium and potassium. EXERCISE: even short walks. Keep it going and don't get discouraged, the mental part is the next step.

Peace,

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Are you talking about the first three days after the trams? Or are you talking about your initial first three days of jumping the methadone? You should be o.k. now that your so far in, you might have some waves, but not as bad as days 2 & 3. I would not have wanted to go through what you did, methadone is pretty heavy w/d for many people, even as low as 10mg. It is encouraging that you are feeling so much better. Now to keep it that way: Plenty of water, good fruit juice, eat as healthy as possible, get some vitamins and minerals into you as well: especially calcium, magnesium and potassium. EXERCISE: even short walks. Keep it going and don't get discouraged, the mental part is the next step.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Yeah, I really didn't experience any wd's jumping off methadone but I used the tramadol and I'm guessing that's why I was fine. Approximately 1 day after stopping trams things started to get really bad but have def improved. I ended up getting a full night's sleep again although it took what seemed like forever to get there with the restlessness. Physically I'm still alright. Just kinda of low energy and a bit spaced out and emotionally neutral. Right now the restlessness feels like the main threat to me staying off of opiates. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. Means more than you know. I've more or less been going this alone outside my dad and best friend.

The restlessness is a well, tough, and it's going to last awhile. I suggest you try tonic water, hyland's restless leg and gatorade and see if that helps at all. Water and any exercise you can get will help as well. Hot baths. NO ENERGY DRINKS. For energy try L-tyrosine with b-6. Above all you have to HANG TOUGH. The effects will go away in time, it's hard for us addicts: immediate gratification junkies Methadone is a long acting opiate and it takes awhile, I don't know how long you were on this. If you are sleeping that's way good. This is going to be mostly MENTAL at this point: meaning your brain is telling you that you need an opiate to feel better and it's going to play with you. Any cravings you have, you need to tell someone. This fight is for your life. Have you thought about NA? Seriously, the people who really make this use all the tools they can find and learn to stay clean. Go to the "Need to Talk" board and look for ASKRUTH and melina's thread, you may want to post there: more traffic. This is not something to do alone. We're here, but not face to face. Keep telling yourself that these symptoms will go away IN TIME and they will, I promise you that.

Hang Tough and Stay Strong!

Peace,

Iloerose

You're great. I truly appreciate you. Been doing some good walking. At this point it is freaking me out a little how much better I feel. Just gonna keep keep pushing and grind the whole way through. Feels entirely doable now. As effed as my life has been I think I can clear this mental hurdle. I have absolutely zero desire to do the drugs anymore. It has long seized to provide me any kind of pleasure. I was on roughly 10mg a day for about 2 years. Dabbled with tramadol and lortabs prior to that. I'm definitely going to take your advice and check out that thread. Thank you so much and take care of yourself.

I am so glad you feel so much better! Thanks for the compliment!!!! Exercise is the best thing you could do for yourself, it will help the restlessness and will help you endorphins start producing again: the chemicals in your brain that give you a sense of well-being. You might start thinking of getting some support face to face. Most people here who have had continued success go to NA or AA or another program where you can start to learn the tools of staying clean. Proud of you for coming so far!!!!

Peace,

Iloerose