Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Coming off suboxone soon. Advice appreciatrd
    bigbadrobin is offline New Member

Default Coming off suboxone soon. Advice appreciatrd

Hello everyone.
    I've been on 32 mg of suboxone for three years. I am prescribed it by a doctor. I need to come off it asap. I reduced from 32 to 24 8 days ago and feel fine, and in 4 days I was going to do another 8 mg reduce. All the way till I get to 8 mg. then I was going to go down 2 mg at a time.

The only thing is my doctor doesn't let me cut the 2 mg into pieces. Once I get to 2mg I come off it by skipping one day then skipping two then skipping three then four then stopping.

Will this work? Can someone provide me a plan to get to 2 mg that is as quick as possible with as little withdrawals as possible. From what I under stand I can reducd d by a quarter of my dose and not feel any withdrawals. And also could someone confirm how easy/hard it will be coming off 2 mg by skipping days instead of cutting the pieces up like I would if
    I bought it on the street. Thanks for any advice.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadrobin View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I've been on 32 mg of suboxone for three years. I am prescribed it by a doctor. I need to come off it asap. I reduced from 32 to 24 8 days ago and feel fine, and in 4 days I was going to do another 8 mg reduce. All the way till I get to 8 mg. then I was going to go down 2 mg at a time.

The only thing is my doctor doesn't let me cut the 2 mg into pieces. Once I get to 2mg I come off it by skipping one day then skipping two then skipping three then four then stopping.

Will this work? Can someone provide me a plan to get to 2 mg that is as quick as possible with as little withdrawals as possible. From what I under stand I can reducd d by a quarter of my dose and not feel any withdrawals. And also could someone confirm how easy/hard it will be coming off 2 mg by skipping days instead of cutting the pieces up like I would if
    I bought it on the street. Thanks for any advice.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I do not recommend that you try to do your proposed plan to get off the subs! You are on way too much sub to begin with! Reducing that fast will cause major problems especially when you get to smaller doses! In addition 2mg is still quite a bit of sub to jump from! If you follow your plan as you described there is no doubt that you will have an awful experience and suffer quite of bit of discomfort for some time! There is however a successful sub taper plan that was created by Robert325, his plan has been used by hundreds if not thousands of people! I urge you to follow Robert's plan? Here is a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Most doctors do not know how to induct people properly on subs and they don't know how to properly wean them off either! A lot of people don't say anything to their doc, they just get their subs and follow Robert's plan with the help and support of the members here in the forums? You can skip the induction part of the plan just follow the rest of the taper as outlined. I wish you the best, good luck! Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    Also, read your other thread that you started in 2014? A lot of the same information was given there about Robert's sub taper plan!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-22-2016 at 03:44 AM.
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Robin
    I agree w Ricky. Follow Robert's plan as posted at top of sub forum. Thousands of us used that Process successfully. It's a gradual reduction so that we don't suffer too much. Proud of you for deciding to reduce and quit. It's a journey. The trip of a lifetime you could say. In the beginning it's ok to make large reductions but once you get down to about 4 mgs you will probably be more comfortable if u make the 25% drops as outlined by Robert325. Worked for me!!
    Post when u can! Here you go....

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Robin
    Worked for me too
    I jumped 17 months ago..
    My skip days were from
    0.125 mg ..
    So 2 mg is way too high to jump..
    You can cut the pills..
    The Drs are clueless and I don't say that often.. Lbecause I am a nurse I feel it is unprofessional..
    But in the suboxone world it is true..

They induce people to high
    And think you can just quit for 1-2 mg which is not true..

Sub is very strong..
    With it
    Less is more
    Most people actually feel better at
    1 mg or less..
    Not so numb..

We have helped many people taper
    So please let us know if you would like to use Roberts taper..
    Robert passed away a few years ago but not before helping 1000s himself
    And
    His taper continues to help each day there are various people on here tapering sub..

We can help you too..
    It is different coming from a person that have actually done it
    Rather
    Than someone telling you from reading a book..

Rockin
    It
    Clean
    In
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-22-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Hey guys I'm going to follow the plan. Thanks very much for the advice I agree the doctors want to kill me lol. Can you guys tell me approx how many 2 mg subs I need to save from 2 mg to 0

Hey guys I'm going to follow the plan. Thanks very much for the advice I agree the doctors want to kill me lol. Can you guys tell me approx how many 2 mg subs I need to save from 2 mg to 0
    Your're going to reduce by 25% every 4-5 days until you are down to .125mg/day or less? Do you have tabs or film?

Hey mate I have film. Sorry I'm no good at mathematics appreciate your help

jjs66 is offline New Member

What's up Robin glad to hear that you're deciding to take a new approach to life. I'm currently walking the same road as you are. I was on and off on subs for the past four years most recently I've only been on the 90 days. I was able to taper myself down to 1/16 Of an 8 mg Suboxone film. I'm currently going into day three without any Suboxone things that I have found most helpful as everybody has mentioned are hot baths if you have access to a Jacuzzi or whirlpool spend the next three days swimming in it. Personally I'm surprised I haven't read many success stories so far I have found the withdrawal symptoms to be quite manageable. Some comfort meds to try her melatonin for sleep Excedrin with caffeine in it that kind of gives you a little boost, and some sort of a sleep aid . Keep us updated.

- J

Hey mate I have film. Sorry I'm no good at mathematics appreciate your help
    Okay, no problem. A member here named HarrySmooth made a video on how to cut the films! Here's a link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE

This should help you quite a bit? Good luck and remember to follow Robert's plan exactly as outlined just skip the induction part! Take care... God bless us all!

evildone is offline Member

Do some research on imodium. As weird as this sounds, take up to 10 - 14 mg of this can actually stop withdrawls. Look it up, youll thank me later. Been there sone that