Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JuneHeart003
  • 3 Post By NiemotkaPolka
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Coming off Suboxone soon need advice.
    JuneHeart003 is offline New Member

Default Coming off Suboxone soon need advice.

So I've been on Suboxone for almost two years. I was on 24mg/ day at one time (which I know is ridiculous... Especially for a 100lb, 5ft girl.) but now Im down to 1mg/ per day (I take .5 twice a day). So soon ill be getting off of it and Im really nervous. I've only ever tried this once before three years ago and I made it almost three weeks after detox but I was still extremely sick so I gave up and relapsed. I don't want that to happen again so that's why I tried doing it a lot slower this time. Maybe its in my head but compared to other people who I've seen go through withdrawal... My experience always seems way worse and way longer. I tried to get the vivitrol shot but after three weeks there was still traces of Suboxone in my system. Maybe I have a slow immune system? But I have a 1 year old son so relapse is not an option. And its also really hard to take care of baby while going through withdrawal.... I attempted it 6 months ago. I can't lay in bed every day because I have to take care of him.
    So anyways.... I just need some advice as to what to ask my doctor for. I know about staying active, taking vitamins, clonidine, the Thomas recipe, ext. But I also believe that everyone's withdrawal is different so I thought maybe if I described it then someone might have some extra advice for me or what to ask my doctor for. TYIA!
    So, the worst part for me by far is restless leg syndrome. Its this horrible feeling in my legs, I can't stop moving them, lay down or find a comfortable position. My mind and body will be exhausted, ill be awake for days straight and still can't go to sleep because of the feeling in my legs. I have yet to find something to help with that.
    I also get really really bad anxiety.
    Then the cold and hot sweats but I can deal with that. I have zero energy, extremely fatigued... Which I can deal with but again its hard when taking care of a baby.
    And obviously nausea.
    The hardest part is my legs telling me to run but my mind telling me to sleep.
    Also Im thinking about getting the vivitrol shot once I make it through this nightmare. Thoughts? Does it actually help cravings?
    Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.
    etoille likes this.

Toby3610 is offline Member

Hey, I hope you can withdraw successfully. I don't have alot of experience with Suboxone.I know that it has a really long half life. And yeah everyone is different. I had difficulty withdrawing from opiates and went onto Subs to sort my life out and its working. My biggest problem to was the restless legs. The suboxone for me helps with that. But I want to withdraw one day and have read vitamins are good. B vitamins might help but also have heard Kava Kava is ok for some and Tyrosine (?) not sure of the spelling. I would double check with your doctor though and see what they say. I have also had a look at the Thomas recipe but maybe the vitamins will help to a certain extent as well as eating as healthy as possible and exercise. I know others with more experience will be able to help you more. This is just what I have looked into for me. B vitamins work OK for me. I haven't tried Kava Kava or Tyrosine but I will down the track. Plus drink heaps of water I hope this helps Good luck

Fish guide is offline Junior Member

Ask your doctor for Ropinirole I got it and the first nite I took it the creepy crawlys were gone and remember taper down slowly. I did with very little withdrawal except lack of sleep I'm 9 days clean and feeling good and sleep is slowly coming back. Good luck Fish

Thisdelirium is offline New Member

I'm sure everyone is different. I was on 2 8's a day for 10 years and Sept 1 went cold turkey which I highly do not recommend .. if u smoke makes it worse with me at least. No energy drinks and caffeine for me. Everyday will just get better. The amount u are on is low. You can do this trust me.

NiemotkaPolka is offline New Member

First of all, don't read too much about how extremely horrible it is going to be. That's what I did and I was expecting to be praying for someone to finish me off and I was putting it off.

I'm 9th day clean after taking between 8-16mg of buprenorphine (Subutex) every day for over 2 years. I was also adding tramadol in high quantities every few weeks to get the "better" effect and codeine once in a while.

I came off 8mg of Subutex and 400mg of tramadol, I was expecting hell. Didn't sleep my first night, after that I got otc sleeping pills that helped me sleep 4h a night. Physically: upset stomach but bearable, sneezing loads of times, lack of energy, no appetite and the worst one not being able to sleep properly. Mentally: feeling depressed but in kind of a numb way, just couldn't be bothered to do much, however I forced myself to take hot showers and watch something good to keep my mind off drugs. On my 3rd day I started antidepressants that actually made things worse but I keep taking them cos I know they'll get my mood better.

Exactly after a week I got the flu like symptoms, nothing worse, really thought I came down with a flu. Paracetamol and ibuprofen were also needed and still are.

I actually worked 7 out of these 9 days and I am capable of working with all my symptoms, actually being busy helped. I'm still having diarrhoea, sneezing, not sleeping properly and my whole body hurts...but it's all bearable.
    This was my first withdrawal and I am sooo glad I finally did that. It really is doable.

All the best
    Iluv2smile, Toby3610 and etoille like this.

Toby3610 is offline Member

I'm really glad to hear something positive about Sub withdrawal. For me I start subs to change my habits and not so much to avoid withdrawal. I know I can go through it when I need to. My problem was relapsing. But I'm sorting stuff out so I hope for the best in my future. Its nice for someone to post about it in such a way that with a positive attitude it can be done. I was kinda starting to dread it to be honest. Thank you.

I2amme422 is offline New Member

Default Off subs 4mg day jump day 10 still ill

I went off the subs 10 days ago. Everyday sick. I've lost 10 lbs so far. Still can't eat. Nerves are shot. Hot cold can't stop. I never knew subs did this or I never would have taken them! I have deg disc disease bulging discs in neck and lower spine and si joint Deterioration with nerve damage in arms and right leg. I have been on pain management for 3 yrs. my dr of 20 yrs for some reason got in trouble 6 mo. Ago and stopped my norco. 5/325 a day. I was so sick. A good friend of mine had subs, said they would be ok to take til I could find a new dr. I've spent 6 mo. Looking for a new physician establishing what is wrong etc. in Indiana its gotten so bad with pain meds. Every dr thinks every person is seeking drugs. I have MRIS Nerve tests X-rays proving my condition. Finally got new dr. Thought oh I'll stop subs and start my same meds again. Boy that has been a joke. Day 4 I was so sick. Bawling shaking vomiting diarrhea skin crawl like sensitive to breath on. Hot cold cycling like every 30 sec. sick as I've been in my life. Could not get off the chair. I think if the house was on fire I woulda sat there! So I found this site. Started reading. And just got madder by the minute. Drs write this script with no mention of how it's 10x worse then pain meds. It's day 10 and I'm still hot cold no energy and nauseous. And craving. I haven't slept but an hour here or there. I don't know what to do. No one in my family knows I took them. I've never did drugs in my life! Not even pot! I'm 50 yrs old and now I'm an addict? What do I do from here? I am beside myself to be tricked. And so mad at my dr for dropping me and had to know I was addicted to norco! My friend had good intentions. Said it replaced the norco and it wasn't addicting. I just wish I would have read the boards before. I want to feel normal again. I take depression meds but sure aren't working now. I take vitamins but sure not the right stuff. I have such panic I feel a heart attack coming on. Please advice. People on here seem so knowledgeable and I really would appreciate support since I choose not to tell anyone here cuz of my good reputation. I'm so sad. Thanks

I2amme422 is offline New Member

Make sure u taper to about .25 to stop. Only people on here who tapered sound like they're doing ok. If u jump off 2 and up good lord u will flip. I know. I did. Sick sick sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby3610 View Post
    I'm really glad to hear something positive about Sub withdrawal. For me I start subs to change my habits and not so much to avoid withdrawal. I know I can go through it whhen I need to. My problem was relapsing. But I'm sorting stuff out so I hope for the best in my future. Its nice for someone to post about it in such a way that with a positive attitude it can be done. I was kinda starting to dread it to be honest. Thank you.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I2amme422 View Post
    Make sure u taper to about .25 to stop. Only people on here who tapered sound like they're doing ok. If u jump off 2 and up good lord u will flip. I know. I did. Sick sick sick!

If you jumped off 2mg pf subs per day it's no wonder you're sick. That's not the fault of the subs. Every single horror story concerning subs is always for the same reasons. I'll give them to you if needed. And yes, if you taper the subs correctly, and get down to at least .25mgs per day, you'll have a positive experience, and be successful.

Randy
    etoille likes this.

Hoey6797 is offline New Member

I'm going through it too..!! We can do it..!! I just drop my dose to .05 im gonna stay on that for 4 days then jump I'm here if ya need to talk..!! I have a 5 year old..!! i bought all kinds of vitamins, immodum the not sleeping and restless legs get me everytime..!! Just gotta be positive and know it's gonna get better..!!

Sisco510 is offline New Member

Post Need help

Quote Originally Posted by JuneHeart003 View Post
    So I've been on Suboxone for almost two years. I was on 24mg/ day at one time (which I know is ridiculous... Especially for a 100lb, 5ft girl.) but now Im down to 1mg/ per day (I take .5 twice a day). So soon ill be getting off of it and Im really nervous. I've only ever tried this once before three years ago and I made it almost three weeks after detox but I was still extremely sick so I gave up and relapsed. I don't want that to happen again so that's why I tried doing it a lot slower this time. Maybe its in my head but compared to other people who I've seen go through withdrawal... My experience always seems way worse and way longer. I tried to get the vivitrol shot but after three weeks there was still traces of Suboxone in my system. Maybe I have a slow immune system? But I have a 1 year old son so relapse is not an option. And its also really hard to take care of baby while going through withdrawal.... I attempted it 6 months ago. I can't lay in bed every day because I have to take care of him.
    So anyways.... I just need some advice as to what to ask my doctor for. I know about staying active, taking vitamins, clonidine, the Thomas recipe, ext. But I also believe that everyone's withdrawal is different so I thought maybe if I described it then someone might have some extra advice for me or what to ask my doctor for. TYIA!
    So, the worst part for me by far is restless leg syndrome. Its this horrible feeling in my legs, I can't stop moving them, lay down or find a comfortable position. My mind and body will be exhausted, ill be awake for days straight and still can't go to sleep because of the feeling in my legs. I have yet to find something to help with that.
    I also get really really bad anxiety.
    Then the cold and hot sweats but I can deal with that. I have zero energy, extremely fatigued... Which I can deal with but again its hard when taking care of a baby.
    And obviously nausea.
    The hardest part is my legs telling me to run but my mind telling me to sleep.
    Also Im thinking about getting the vivitrol shot once I make it through this nightmare. Thoughts? Does it actually help cravings?
    Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.
    I need help coming off suboxone but i dnt even know how to post on this website

bonbon51 is offline New Member

I've been on suboxone for @ 7 yes, and my Dr decided just to drop me for no reason. I had open heart surgery & I didn't need the suboxone effort awhile. After my dr. dropped me I decided to go off of what I had. I got myself down to 1 mg per day & then ran out. This the 6th day off & I'm ready to jump off the house. I'm thinking @ going to the ER cuz I just can't feel like this. I HAVE TO go to work and I don't know what to do. It's horrible le.i have no ambition to do anything, chills, restless legs, sneezing & can't sleep. I'm not a young person & afraid the complications of coming off of this compared to taking a small amount. HELP!!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-05-2016 at 08:34 AM.

NiemotkaPolka is offline New Member

I know I am going to sound like everybody else but you're not dying,you're not having seizures and seeing things that are not there... Man up. I went through that and I am an alcoholic too. Believe me, alcohol withdrawal is wayyy worse. Don't ever try the one just mentioned but believe me,you can go through opioid withdrawal. Or is just women that accept it the way it is