Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes
DAY 1 through DAY 10 going COLD TURKEY
    Skyeben05 is offline New Member

Hi just quit cold turkey from a 6-8 15mg IR a day habit for my diabetic neuropathy but I feel like a slave to the little pill. Thursday I took my last pill at 9:13 to get to sleep because I was so restless it has been almost 19 hours and o feel like I am going to die scared for tonight but I know I can do it any suggestions for the restlessness?

Efil Pleh is offline Member

I'm suffering from the same thing and it is scary. Hyland Rest Leg helped me a bit, I also tried taking a hot bath, some OTC pain reliever like Tylenol and zzzquil but felt really groggy and still could not fall asleep and very restless. I cannot just lay in that bed, I go and watch TV all night. I am on my 4th night of no sleep at all! They tell me it will pass and we will be alive, lets just do it together and break the chains and become free once again. The mental part is what will get you through it, force yourself to challenge the restlessness and talk yourself into everything is going to be fine.
    Had enough I hope likes this.

97 Hours in and this day was bad

I wish I could report I felt as good as I did yesterday but no dice, today was rough --- aches all over, total weakness and just out of it. I believe not sleeping for 4 days has a much to do with it.

I hope and pray I sleep tonight. I don't think I will take the zzzquil sleeping pills, felt every groggy and still could not sleep. I hope it gets better, I;m disappointed I don't feel as good as I did yesterday .

I will report back soon

Keep strong your words are helping me a lot I'm thinking of trying Zanex? From the Thomas recipe what do you think?

Almost got 20hrs I under my belt wife has been a big help and support I'm am very cranky!!!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Efil Pleh View Post
    97 Hours in and this day was bad

I wish I could report I felt as good as I did yesterday but no dice, today was rough --- aches all over, total weakness and just out of it. I believe not sleeping for 4 days has a much to do with it.

I hope and pray I sleep tonight. I don't think I will take the zzzquil sleeping pills, felt every groggy and still could not sleep. I hope it gets better, I;m disappointed I don't feel as good as I did yesterday .

I will report back soon
    You're gonna feel better really soon. For most people, days 3-4 are the worst, then they start to feel better by day 5 or 6. I'm really proud of you for sticking it out. You're kicking azz and getting this thing done! Sleep will come. I know, it's probably the worst part of WD. Yuck.

Hang in there. You're almost done!
    Kat

102 Hours in
    12:08AM

I am so cooked. My body aches all over and bad, the legs are all up in the RSL and will not settle. This day has been the largest challenge for me. I don't ahem any urge for the medication because I know it would give me a temporary relief and put me right back on beginners tour.

It's been super hard to get on the computer today, I just feel so bad. I have been following the Thomas Receipt, I guess its helping?

Skyben05 -- The xanax is something I would stay away from. I took sleep aids last night and they made me feel so groggy and still awake so no more of that.

I'm really fighting here. I will check back in soon. God I hoe I can sleep, even for two hours, I will take it.
    iloerose and Iluv2smile like this.

106 Hours in
    4:18AM

Still NO SLEEP, it's been 4 solid nights now and I feel terrible. Today is the 5th day and I pray these feelings stoop soon. My whole body hurts (Everywhere)

I didn't really move off the sofa yesterday, I don't think I'm going to do that again, I need to move around and walk, I think it may make me feel a bit better. Its just super hard to do anything, even tying is a real challenge.

It looks like another night of lost sleep, I will follow up soon.
    E.

On hour 34 tried the xanex last night to get to sleep with some Aleve pm and got to sleep for a few hours now I'm up at 5 am on a saterday and sweating for no reason and feel like u have the flu but I feel way better then yesterday. Hang in there we can do this hardest thing I have ever done!!!!!!!!
    Efil Pleh likes this.

111 Hours in
    9:55AM SAT

ZERO sleep last, so that is 4 consecutive nights of no sleep, I am completely exhausted and hurting pretty bad. Yesterday and last night were really bad, I am hoping today is better. The using the bathroom thing is over the top and making it a bit difficult to sit down, once huh! (Maybe too much information but you should know)

Anyways - I'm sitting here watching TV, I think I have seen every movie worth watching on HBO, SHO, STRZ and TMC. I watch them all night long and basically all day long and it stinks! I want to be doing something, let me
    restate that, I want to "want to" be doing something. Problem is I don't even want anyone to talk to me, just leave me alone and let me get through this. Its very embarrassing!

Okay so I'm off to take my vitamins, drink an Ensure (Vanilla) take my Hylands RLS and 2 Tylenol. Then watch TV, whoohoo, NOT!

rainbowpoots is offline Member

Your doing great. Im at 9 days i believe and today ive jad no energy and feel disconnected. But most days have been pretty good. You are awesome remember it's going to take awhile for our bodies to regulate. I keep wondering why i feel weird and thats why im not regular. You'll get some sleep soon im sure! I still am only getting 3 to 4 houra total and i fall asleep gwt maybe two hours and wake up and doze back off and on until the house is up. By reading though you are getting to a good place! The emotional stuff I had too still do once a day ay least... i jusy go with it. Hope to hear from u soon!

115 Hours in or 5.5 Days
    Sat @ 2:00PM
    Comfort Level ------- @ 7 (10 being the worst.)
    Sleep ---- None Yet

A bit better today, I just finished Wendy's burger and fries which my wife picked for me. I still have NO ENERGY, Body Aches and just overall feeling bad.

Just read Ted's story and if you are reading this Ted, glad to hear you are ready to quit before its to late because I can almost promise you all you have now will be gone in a matter of years. These pills are like Living Dead Alive (LDA) and will strip everything from you. There is a lot of great help / People on this site, i will let them provide the support and suggestions I am only 5.5 days in and feel real bad!! Hopefully my daily posts will give a bit more horse-power to quit and stay quit.

Currently the discomfort is horrible, the legs are super restless and everything is off kilter.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-15-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Thanks for the inspiring and kind words. You are doing great as well!

Hour 40 and today is worst day ever I can not get out of the restroom butt is on fire body is aching so bad and fell like throwing up all the time tring to stay busy but am cranky and rude to everyone around me thank God for unconditional love. Keep up the good work and stay strong you guys are really helping me threw this. Thank you!!!

Skyeben05:

It will pass, I had the same situation all day yesterday and the night before. I think it was the sleeping aid I took that amplified the overall symptoms, that is the reason I suggested against the Xanax. Stick to the vitamins and Hylands and some Tylenol if needed. I really think the Xanax causes more problems even though its in the Thomas Recipe.

I'm on hour 117 and if I can do this so can you. I was taking 200+ mg per day for almost 6 years - thats allot of medication for a long time. Hammer down and get pissed off at the whole situation and keep telling yourself this the only way to have a life and it is. The pills will mess anyone up. I have done enough research to understand the pain pills are a huge national problem, larger than we know at this time.

80% of all pain medication prescribed is prescribed in the United States, its all about money. They get rich and we lose our lives and they know it! Stay Strong, regain your life and stamp on those weaknesses and cravings, get mad (not at your loved ones, LOL) but rather the pills themselves.

You're doing good, keep focused and let me know.
    E.

Thanks for the words seems like my symptoms are getting worse have notgot the hylands stuff is that available OTC or do I need a script? I am so pissed at myself for not just dealing with the pain from my neuropathy in my legs now pills are the devil I just keeps praying that one minute maybe the next I will feel a little better now just seems like every minute I feel worse now just feel like crying I'm so embarrassed of myself and how I got hooked and did not even realize it was possible. Thanks for listening to me complain!!!!!!

I know exactly what you are going through, I'm going through the same thing and I am crying. Don't take the Xanax or sleep aids they just make it worse.

The Hylands is available OTC, have someone go and get for you and get Tylenol, it's working 70% of the time for me, it will work for you. I take two Tylenol and 3 Hylands, you have to place the Hylands under your tongue and let them melt, it's no big deal and it works.

Don't worry about not sleeping it will just make things worse thinking about it. A human can go many days without sleep, I'm on day 5 with not one minute of sleep and just don't care anymore, I will sleep when I sleep. Also, I don't know how old you are or male or female but I'm 51 this coming Saturday and Male. I know from research age has allot to do with how bad and how long. This will pass.... Be strong mentally.

121 Hours in and on my 6th day
    Saturday @ 7:21PM

I'm feeling okay but I am not discounting another day or so feeling like death! Feeling Okay means, aches and pains and absolutely no energy and no personality and using the bathroom allot and sneezing and nose running but manageable.

I have been taking the vitamins, drinking Gatorade and Ensure Shakes along with Hylands for RLS and Tylenol. I have also been eating food. I am now sitting on the sofa with my wife and my son watching TV. I do think about how later tonight and the early morning hours will be? Most likely I will be wondering the house and walking the neighborhood with hours of watching movies.

E.

E

I'm 36 and male. Don't know if it is better to be older or younger do you? Just went to Walmart to get out of the house bad idea I'm not a very pleasant sole right now especially at Walmart!!! Just got the hylands and the Tylenol. My dad is pro weed and thinks I should try it Hurd any thing good or bad about that other then it is illegal?

P. S. 18 minutes till 34 hrs think it's getting harder by the minute feel like I need to throw up all the time.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Skyeben05 View Post
    E

I'm 36 and male. Don't know if it is better to be older or younger do you? Just went to Walmart to get out of the house bad idea I'm not a very pleasant sole right now especially at Walmart!!! Just got the hylands and the Tylenol. My dad is pro weed and thinks I should try it Hurd any thing good or bad about that other then it is illegal?

P. S. 18 minutes till 34 hrs think it's getting harder by the minute feel like I need to throw up all the time.
    Keep up the good work, you're doing this!
    So in my experience, weed could go either way.....It will either cause you overwhelming anxiety or a welcomed calming distraction, helping in muscle relaxation and mellow movements.
    It can depend on the state of mind your in sometimes and also the strength. The more naturally grown it is, the better then buzz.
    But the racing heart and paranoia usually has me regretting the decision. Some people swear by it for medicinal purposes, and some people just can't handle it, and others don't need to.
    Sounds like you are just looking for something to make you feel better. If you do decide to try it, and it has a negative effect, stretch out on the floor and focus on tightening each muscle, from head to toe, and it will pass.

Have you tried finding guided relaxation on Youtube? Or even just watching calm pictures online such as the ocean?
    If you can find a scent that you really like, peppermint, cinnamon, lavender.... our sense of smell can activate feel good signals in the brain. Keep a good scent with you and go to that every time you need to remember to breath.
    Those are a few suggestions that I plan to use when I start my detox on monday. I feel like if I have a few coping statements and strategies I can go to quickly in times of discomfort, I'll be more likely to push through the hell. Ive been following your posts but was kind of scared at first to read about the pain you were experiencing. I turned that fear into courage and came up with a few suggestions and or reminders for myself for my own detox. I'll let you know how it goes lol and I'll be reading yours. Keep up the good fight

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Skyeben05 View Post
    Thanks for the words seems like my symptoms are getting worse have notgot the hylands stuff is that available OTC or do I need a script? I am so pissed at myself for not just dealing with the pain from my neuropathy in my legs now pills are the devil I just keeps praying that one minute maybe the next I will feel a little better now just seems like every minute I feel worse now just feel like crying I'm so embarrassed of myself and how I got hooked and did not even realize it was possible. Thanks for listening to me complain!!!!!!
    It seems like depression plays a huge role in detoxing. Try and remind yourself its not what you did that matters now, its what you're doing. GO ahead and give yourself a pat on the back for being so strong to keep going. Say a little thank you and just breathe. Ive experienced it before but never long enough. I admire what you're doing.
    iloerose likes this.

Research states younger is better. The last two years I took the meds I felt as if I was 100 years old, I couldn't even walk in the mornings.

I smoked weed about 8 times my whole life and never liked it enough to keep smoking but I did research it while planning my stoppage of the meds. Research stated some said it helped, some said it made it worse. It was incomplete data. My opinion is it will just make it worse.

You are in hell and looking for just about anything to get you out of it, I did as well. I'm telling you this will pass, it will and soon. Take the Tylenol and Hylands. Give it several tries and it will work. This must happen, you must get through this. I'm telling you, you will lose everything if the habit continues. Keep thinking about that and you will get through this. Others have made through so why not us?

Walmart, NOT! "LOL"
    E.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hey, E, hope you get some sleep tonight!!! You are getting there! Here you are hurting and helping someone else, how amazing is that? I'm going to post my list here again for Sky, hope that's o.k. You have been posting quite a lot of good remedies. Stay Strong!!!

Immodium, some say liquid is best. This also helps because it has an loperimide which is an opioid receptor agonist/ doesn't cross the blood brain barrier.
    Gatorade: helps with cramping
    Plenty of water and good fruit juices: STAY AWAY from energy drinksHyland's Restful Leg or Calme's Forte for the restless leg
    Magnesium/Calcium and Potassium supplement
    B-12/B-complex or a good vitamin supplement
    EXERCISE: this gets your natural endorphines producing again, so important even a little walk around.
    Serene L-theanine/ valarian root either for anxiety.
    melatonin or other OTC sleep aid
    Lethargy: L-tyrosine with B-6

Hang Tough, everyone, a few days is worth a lifetime!!!

Peace,

Iloerose

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

E
    You are doing it just like Rose said your are struggling and still helping others..
    Now that is a sign of recovery!
    Getting out of ourselves and being their for someone else..

We did not get like this overnight so it is gonna take a little while to feel better..

You guys are right there is a huge epidemic and there is no better time then NOW to be Done with this..
    Either way It definitely gets worse but the only way it gets better is to get clean..
    Stay strong and get mad at these stupid little pills that have controlled everything..

Thinking about it now it sounds so crazy..

Take care
    Iluv2

126 Hours in
    12:39AM Sunday

I am hurting bad right now, don't know where it came from? I felt okay all day long, actually fairly good at times then about an hour ago it just cam over me like a big heavy wave, boom! My whole body is screaming from the inside out and I am shaking, shaking just a bit.

I juts came in from a walk down the street, thought that may help but still feel terrible. UHG, what the heck, I thought I was through the worst!

Still NO SLEEP, I haven't slept in 5 whole day, not even for a minute. Every single night sitting here watching TV, Yuck! Whoever else is out there hurting I hope its no worse than mine, I will not let this lower my determination, it just make me stronger every time it whoops up on me, another sock full of marbles smacking in my face!

Okay for now, its hard to type.
    E
    Iwillovercome likes this.

Hi all in hour 45

Feeling like I'm going to throw up up and my legs are in terrible pain and body aches everywhere else got to just get out of bed can't lay here any longer its 4:46 am here in Vegas and I think I'm going to try the gym to maybe free up my mind some I'm willing to try anything but another devil pill right now the more time I get in the more I never want a pain pill again thanks everyone for all the help and words of wisdom it has been a huge help threw this. I'll check in when I get home.

If gym goes good I might even try to go to church but I will cross that bridge then.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

132 Hours in & I FINALLY SLEPT
    Sunday

Had a hard first part of the night and early morning, feel asleep at 2AM and woke up at 3AM, got up walked around for 20 minutes went back in and feel asleep at 3:30AM and slept until 8:32AM. My body feels very uneasy at current and I'm out of it. I'm sitting on the sofa watching TV, everything aches just enough to know its there.

I'm having coffee and becoming more awake each 10 minutes or so. This is a rough road, I think I need to get out more, haven't gone anywhere to speak of in a week. Maybe today I will try and move about outside the house?

Okay for now
    E.

Hi everyone it is hour 62

Feeling a bit better the gym seemed to help clear my mind for a little bit. Today I'm feeling a lot better body is still aching and nausea still in affect but it seems to becoming more manageable. I am going to a BBQ for my dads 64 birthday a little worried but I hope being busy helps. Keep strong guys we can kick this together and thank you for all the words you have been a major part of my regaining my life back THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Efil Pleh View Post
    132 Hours in & I FINALLY SLEPT
    Sunday

Had a hard first part of the night and early morning, feel asleep at 2AM and woke up at 3AM, got up walked around for 20 minutes went back in and feel asleep at 3:30AM and slept until 8:32AM. My body feels very uneasy at current and I'm out of it. I'm sitting on the sofa watching TV, everything aches just enough to know its there.

I'm having coffee and becoming more awake each 10 minutes or so. This is a rough road, I think I need to get out more, haven't gone anywhere to speak of in a week. Maybe today I will try and move about outside the house?

Okay for now
    E.
    I am SO glad to hear you slept!! I knew you'd turn a corner around day 5 or 6. That's pretty common for most. It will only get better from here on out. Those "waves" may still come, but that means your body is getting rid of the last of the poison! Feeling ok and then feeling waves of WD is also very common around this time.

Be good to yourself; you've done well. You never have to go through those awful 5 days again if you don't turn back. I know you're probably thinking "Are you kidding?! I'll never put myself through that again!". Trust me, there will come a time when you are feeling great and will think "Oh, just a few won't hurt, I'm ok now". Always remember the agony of WD. It serves as a reminder that opiates are truly the devil in disguise.

I'm really happy for you. You made it through! I bet you'll sleep even better tonight.
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    I am SO glad to hear you slept!! I knew you'd turn a corner around day 5 or 6. That's pretty common for most. It will only get better from here on out. Those "waves" may still come, but that means your body is getting rid of the last of the poison! Feeling ok and then feeling waves of WD is also very common around this time.

Be good to yourself; you've done well. You never have to go through those awful 5 days again if you don't turn back. I know you're probably thinking "Are you kidding?! I'll never put myself through that again!". Trust me, there will come a time when you are feeling great and will think "Oh, just a few won't hurt, I'm ok now". Always remember the agony of WD. It serves as a reminder that opiates are truly the devil in disguise.

I'm really happy for you. You made it through! I bet you'll sleep even better tonight.
    Kat

Thank you for that post, its people like you that got me through it.

I hope I'm through it, we will see but I am pretty confident the worst is over. I also completely understand what you are saying about the future. Fortunately I have never had a friend or associate that did drugs and never bought drugs on the streets, so I guess I have that in my favor.

I feel so bad for the people who have made life long friends that do no good for them and constantly submit them to the things that hurt them. Thats a whole mother forum!

Thanks again and I feel pretty good today
    Iwantoff2013 and cvrelics like this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast