Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes
DAY 1 through DAY 10 going COLD TURKEY
    Efil Pleh is offline Member

In 1 hour and 20 minutes it will be 144 HOURS and 6 Full Days in:
    Sunday @ 4:40PM

Today was pretty good, getting out of bed was rough, still had heavy legs and aches but a s the day went on I felt much better. I hope and pray I am out of the woods, it's not so much the discomfort is getting to the next chapter in life, living again and rebuilding all that was lost and there was plenty lost.

Those pills are nasty when used improperly and when addicted, I will never let this happen to me again. I may be tempted but I will not let it happen!

I'm not discounting having more bad days in the future and would be totally upset if another wave hits me and last for 4 hours or so but I;m praying it doesn't. Anyone who is thinking about quitting I felt every single emotion you are feeling right now, all the anxiety, the fear of the unknown, thinking the worst and so on..... BUT, I can honestly tell you it is so worth to and before you now it, its over, at least the worst part of physical discomfort.

Make a pan and stick to it for at least 7 days.

I am now creating my plan for low energy and any depression that comes my way.

I have had spikes today that felt better than any high I got from those pills! I can hear all of you saying to yourself in the honest to honest self, no way those pills made me feel incredible, never better in my life. Guess what you are correct they do and did for me, BUT if you look at the total picture and what really matters the feeling I had today will never cost me anything, it was completely free of money, time, life, values, valuables, love ones and so much more.

I hope and pray that I'm on my way and many of you are too.

This can be done, I think I did it after 6 years of stuffing my face with this pills. No more looking at the clock, counting the hours, counting the pills, worrying about the refills, telling the doctor I lost my pills, coming down like boulder and much more.

I will keep posting through day 10.
    E.
    Iwantoff2013 and Iluv2smile like this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Efil Pleh View Post
    Thank you for that post, its people like you that got me through it.

I hope I'm through it, we will see but I am pretty confident the worst is over. I also completely understand what you are saying about the future. Fortunately I have never had a friend or associate that did drugs and never bought drugs on the streets, so I guess I have that in my favor.

I feel so bad for the people who have made life long friends that do no good for them and constantly submit them to the things that hurt them. Thats a whole mother forum!

Thanks again and I feel pretty good today
    I hear ya. I never bought off the street, either. I just had a boatload of scripts every month, plus I'd raid my husband's meds, too (he's not an addict). To make sure I could never get my hands on another script, I made sure my pain mgmt doc and Sub doc knew what I'd been doing (bouncing back and forth between Norco/Percocet and Subutex for years). I called my pharmacy and had them note my file with "no opiates". It was embarassing, but necessary. It was the only way to ensure my future success.

Yes, you're through the worst. You may have waves of symptoms for a little while, but you've made it! Be proud of yourself.

Kat
    cvrelics likes this.

Skyeben05 is offline New Member

Almost at hours 69

Hey E so glad to hear you got to sleep.

I have flu symptoms so bad just want to throw up (feels like worst hangover ever) can't tell if the pain in my legs is mental or my neuropathy. Before the devil pills I only slept two hours at a time at night and had to get up and walk around the house. I hope the gym and my diet will help. I'm feeling very scared sick just plane awful I know I can make it thanks again for listening you guys are life savers. Pills are for the weak thats what I keep telling myself pills were the easy way for my legs gonna fix them with diet and gym I know I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyeben05 View Post
    Almost at hours 69

Hey E so glad to hear you got to sleep.

I have flu symptoms so bad just want to throw up (feels like worst hangover ever) can't tell if the pain in my legs is mental or my neuropathy. Before the devil pills I only slept two hours at a time at night and had to get up and walk around the house. I hope the gym and my diet will help. I'm feeling very scared sick just plane awful I know I can make it thanks again for listening you guys are life savers. Pills are for the weak thats what I keep telling myself pills were the easy way for my legs gonna fix them with diet and gym I know I can.
    Hey Man,

You will make it through this, it took me 144 hours, you are on almost 69, it may be a little longer but at least you know I did it, at least I think I did it? I hope the WD symptoms do not come back for any reason. I researched magnesium and its states its excellent for muscles not hurting, you may want to start hammering those mag pills.

I have also decided to start a vitamin regiment to replace my habit of taking pills everyday, I think it will do wonders for any craving or habits.

I really do feel better now then when I was taking the pills. It is so worth it. Keep posting it helps everyone. You are kicking this thing.

Thanks E

I'm trying to do some research on diabetic neropathy pain management alternatives already take gabapentin a whole bunch but does not seem to help gonna look for an alternative supplement maybe call a homeopathic doctor or something. I just want the nausea to quit so I can get some sleep.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations E
    You are doing it ..
    I was gonna say sometimes it is better to eliminate coffee in the beginning of detox cuz we drink it when we are tired and it doesn't help wake us up like we want but it can keep us awake when we want to sleep!
    Just a thought!
    Take care
    Iluv2

Hardest night ever feels like I can't breath and body and legs in pain

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Efil Pleh View Post
    In 1 hour and 20 minutes it will be 144 HOURS and 6 Full Days in:
    Sunday @ 4:40PM

Today was pretty good, getting out of bed was rough, still had heavy legs and aches but a s the day went on I felt much better. I hope and pray I am out of the woods, it's not so much the discomfort is getting to the next chapter in life, living again and rebuilding all that was lost and there was plenty lost.

Those pills are nasty when used improperly and when addicted, I will never let this happen to me again. I may be tempted but I will not let it happen!

I'm not discounting having more bad days in the future and would be totally upset if another wave hits me and last for 4 hours or so but I;m praying it doesn't. Anyone who is thinking about quitting I felt every single emotion you are feeling right now, all the anxiety, the fear of the unknown, thinking the worst and so on..... BUT, I can honestly tell you it is so worth to and before you now it, its over, at least the worst part of physical discomfort.

Make a pan and stick to it for at least 7 days.

I am now creating my plan for low energy and any depression that comes my way.

I have had spikes today that felt better than any high I got from those pills! I can hear all of you saying to yourself in the honest to honest self, no way those pills made me feel incredible, never better in my life. Guess what you are correct they do and did for me, BUT if you look at the total picture and what really matters the feeling I had today will never cost me anything, it was completely free of money, time, life, values, valuables, love ones and so much more.

I hope and pray that I'm on my way and many of you are too.

This can be done, I think I did it after 6 years of stuffing my face with this pills. No more looking at the clock, counting the hours, counting the pills, worrying about the refills, telling the doctor I lost my pills, coming down like boulder and much more.

I will keep posting through day 10.
    E.

Seriously aching for you right now with the descriptive agony Ive read you going through. So happy that you are coming out of the physical pains and beginning to consider what to do about the mentality part.
    I attended a meeting tonight and started addictions counselling as well. it makes a big difference to start to understand addiction and more about yourself. Keep up the great work!
    Efil Pleh and Iluv2smile like this.

Hardest night ever feels like I can't breath and body and legs in pain
    I didn't want to say it but I figured that was going to be the case. I had the same thing and its insane! BUT, it will pass, it will, it did for me just a day or so ago.

I have gone all day with out a big wave coming over me. I'm still up and can't sleep and have moderate RLS and minor aches all over. Nothing like I had prior or what you are going through right now. Stick through and it will be over soon, soon is not soon enough right now but 3 days from now you will be happy.

You got this Brother, get mad, push hard and take it one minute at a time.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

152 Hours in:

Trying desperately to sleep but just can't, its 1:24AM and I laid in there for at least two hours and no dice!

My legs are hurting pretty bad, took the Hylands but no help. My arms and general body is pretty uncomfortable but not bad enough to stop sleep, I think, it's the legs. Well, got up and now sitting in the family room watching TV. I feel out of it and tired, I really want to sleep.

I'm going to take two Tylenol and see if that helps at all. Also sneezing all the time, sneeze, sneeze, sneeze!

Uhg, not happy about this

E.

100 Whatever hours and I'm still up, only 6 hours sleep in 7 days, this blows, BUT I;m still happy and feel better than I did on the pills! It's almost 4AM and yes I;m watching TV, some horror movie about a girls pyhco hospital (John Carpenters The Ward) -- Just pressed info on the remote

I really would love some sleep, even 4 hours each night would be good at this point. I hope this cycle breaks soon.

Okay gotta go, "Their Escaping" > Its getting good, LOL WTH!

I just noticed several Yellow Stars after my thread title, why are they there and how did they get there, does anyone know? What is the meaning of the stars?

158 Hours in:
    Monday @ 7:52AM

Zero sleep again last night and dragging this morning. I am praying sleep will return this evening of just for 406 hours. I think if I get some sleep I will even feel better.

Last night I was running through my mind how many days and hours it has been which sparked a thought, something I haven't thought about this whole time and that is when is my refill date. The best part was the though came and went within seconds and I never even looked it up, I just don't care nor have the desire for anymore pills.

This morning I feel totally cooked and my body hurts a bit, also I know my legs are attached, can feel them all the time. I'm pretty sure I am at the tail need of this and most of what I'm feeling will go away soon???

E.

Stay strong E

Your strength is keeping me going ruff night legs hurt terrible and just wanted to throw up layed in bed wishing I would not of ate dinner finnaly got up at 4:30 and went to work. Feeling like it will never end.

My hands got cold and they hurt so bad I think the pills for so long just made me numb and my pain receptors were all blocked. I'm still pressing forward just tell everyone at work I got the flu because no one new I was on pain meds they thought my neropathy just got better.

I can't believe how bad I feel after feeling so much better yesterday! Today has been brutal, my whole body hurts and all the rest of the stuff, sometimes pretty bad. Also need sleep badly!

I'm disappointed!

Stay strong E

Your strength is keeping me going ruff night legs hurt terrible and just wanted to throw up layed in bed wishing I would not of ate dinner finnaly got up at 4:30 and went to work. Feeling like it will never end.

My hands got cold and they hurt so bad I think the pills for so long just made me numb and my pain receptors were all blocked. I'm still pressing forward just tell everyone at work I got the flu because no one new I was on pain meds they thought my neropathy just got better.
    Are you doing any better, I hope so.
    E.

91 hours

What's up E hope you are feeling a little better and we will pray for sleep tonight.

I'm having a better day feeling a lot better. For some reason I'm so scared of the night. Did not eat much today and just ate dinner and feel like I'm going to throw up. My body still aching feel so weak and tired its seems like a chore just to stand up from sitting at the kitchen table. But I do feel like the worst is over. I am here for you buddy stay strong we can do this together. My mom says take it one day at a time right now I feel lucky to take one minute at a time.
    cvrelics likes this.

91 hours

What's up E hope you are feeling a little better and we will pray for sleep tonight.

I'm having a better day feeling a lot better. For some reason I'm so scared of the night. Did not eat much today and just ate dinner and feel like I'm going to throw up. My body still aching feel so weak and tired its seems like a chore just to stand up from sitting at the kitchen table. But I do feel like the worst is over. I am here for you buddy stay strong we can do this together. My mom says take it one day at a time right now I feel lucky to take one minute at a time.
    I hear ya, Glad to hear you are feeling better. I totally understand the feeling of trying to get up from the kitchen table, you feel as if you are 100 years old. You are doing fantastic, going to work and trying to maintain some type of routine, Great Job, Really!

I finally got some sleep last night and went against what I thought but I was pretty desperate going 8 day with only 4 hours many nights ago. Mother in-law suggested Xanax, didn't even know she took them, I agreed and took two. After about 2 house of tossing and turning I got about 10 hours of solid sleep. Whoof, needed that. I'm up here having coffee and wicking for a good day.

The best thing is I have not one craving for those nasty pills and hope I never do.

Keep fighting, Stay Strong and Stay Focused we can "NEVER" got back to feeding ourselves death! There are millions of people that live everyday happy and drug free, we can too, even with our pain. Those pills mess everything up, everything!

Thanks for your posts, they mean more than you know.
    You are Appreciated!
    E.

Hours away from DAY 8
    Tuesday @ 10:33AM

Today I feel okay. Yesterday I felt just awful and disappointed that I was feeling awful. I am concerned this day may be good and the next may be bad. I am so axiouse to get moving that having another bad day would really stink!

MAYBE when you get past the minute by minute agony the best way to document your journey is with titles of days instead of hours, that is what I will do moving forward.

This forum has made it possible for me to get this far.

I know for a fact it I hadn't joined I would not of made it. Every time I felt like >>>> someone reassured me it would pass and they too have felt the same way.

It's sort of like the old selling strategy of FEEL, FELT, FOUND = Many feel the same way do, but after they were educated the FELT different and now they have FOUND (in this case LIFE).

I hope this day goes well, BUT prepared if another bad day comes along, the one thing I know for sure is I will never take another pain pill, period!

E.

LeTang is offline New Member

Hey Efil Pleh
    I have been faithfully following your posts. Please do not stop at day 10. You do not know how many lurkers are reading these and you have been an AWESOME inspiration. Thank you for doing this.
    Iluv2smile and cvrelics like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTang View Post
    Hey Efil Pleh
    I have been faithfully following your posts. Please do not stop at day 10. You do not know how many lurkers are reading these and you have been an AWESOME inspiration. Thank you for doing this.
    You are Welcome and Thanks LeTang:

It really makes a difference to me too know I am helping others, I wish they would let me know!

I thought about quitting for almost a year as I watched everything I had worked for piece-by-piece go away all by my doing or lack of doing. I was at the point that I could hardly get out of the house; everything I did required a pill or two.

I could see my addiction was killing my family; they were suffering, even as I tried to keep most of it away from them and continue to tell them we will be okay. I knew we were in trouble or more importantly I was in trouble, not that I am more important then them but if the plane is going down put your mask on first or you will not be able to take care of the others.

Some of you out there have families and some do not but everyone has them selves unless they are addicted to these easily addictive drugs. You will never have yourself continuing to take them I am living proof!

As I learned from the expert’s you must be mentally committed to quitting, if your not just keep taking them. The mentally committed part will get you through the rough times and when you think of it, if the rough times are only 3-8 days, then its not that bad compared to 3-8 years!

Never give up, I didn’t and I am no one special, all I had was the correct mindset.
    E.

INSIGHT:

Efil Pleh = Life Help
    51 Year Old Male
    5'10"
    175 lbs
    Dark Hair
    and now I have a GO T = Going for the rough look while not really wanting to shave. I also have a great tan from sitting out back in the sun wanting to just get some sleep and feel normal.

I wear jeans and dress shirts mostly with saddle shoes or loafers, alway a great pair of socks and awesome belt. Shoes are important when trying to look good.

The first SEVEN DAYS of this journey I wore whatever was laying on the bedroom floor and always layered because I was freezing. I swear I wore the same underwear the whole time, probably more information then you needed but it was that bad.

My Son is 11 and I told him exactly what happen to Daddy, right or wrong that is what I did. Since I never went outside my Doctor and the original reason for taking the pills were under supervision of a professional I felt in this framework he would understand what drugs can do and how to educate yourself on everything you do prior to doing it, even when going to a doctor, they are just humans the same as us, some are good and some are bad.

In reality going to a Doctor or a dealer is the same thing, but it just felt okay to me by going to a doctor, I lied to myself, dealer or doctor it wouldn't have mattered.

Anyway - That will give you a snapshot. If you are like me when communicating with people I have never seen I always wanted to know what they looked like.

E.
    Iluv2smile and iloerose like this.

Anonymous Guest

32 year old female. Blonde hair blue eyes. 5'8. Mostly wear business casual to work, jeans and layered shirts snd sweaters and decorative scarves. Love my yoga pants at home. 2 kids 4 and 6. Both boyster and always full.of energy. They love their mom wirh all their hearts and kiss me often. They think I have the flu. It's given them time to show their daddy the love he has been longing for. I have 2 dogs that r also like children
    My drive to bake or do crafts disappeared. Supper was last minute foods I could think of. My negative attitude pushed people away. I used to be the most positive person ever. I'm getting back to that thanks to this site and the people praying for us. I belive I can make a greater difference in life now but will continue to change me first.
    Telling your son was honest. We protect our.kids so much sometimes that lying seems noble. We need to teach them how to deal with real issues and he is at an age that that can safely be done. Let him ask u questions. Let him see u succeed. As long as he feels the love he will not be effected in a negative way. Do this for u and for him but mostly for u
    Iluv2smile and cvrelics like this.

Quote Originally Posted by butteflylove View Post
    32 year old female. Blonde hair blue eyes. 5'8. Mostly wear business casual to work, jeans and layered shirts snd sweaters and decorative scarves. Love my yoga pants at home. 2 kids 4 and 6. Both boyster and always full.of energy. They love their mom wirh all their hearts and kiss me often. They think I have the flu. It's given them time to show their daddy the love he has been longing for. I have 2 dogs that r also like children
    My drive to bake or do crafts disappeared. Supper was last minute foods I could think of. My negative attitude pushed people away. I used to be the most positive person ever. I'm getting back to that thanks to this site and the people praying for us. I belive I can make a greater difference in life now but will continue to change me first.
    Telling your son was honest. We protect our.kids so much sometimes that lying seems noble. We need to teach them how to deal with real issues and he is at an age that that can safely be done. Let him ask u questions. Let him see u succeed. As long as he feels the love he will not be effected in a negative way. Do this for u and for him but mostly for u
    Thanks for both points:

I am God to my son, he and I have spend every minute together. He is my best friend. I have taught him from the day I knew he could comprehend that he needed his own values and standards and talked with him about it for years. He now lives by those standards and I hope they stay with him for life. I also taught him society is a little off right now and always remember "not everyone gets a trophy" like in these semi demented community sports for 3-10 year olds.

I still need to understand that I will be okay. I really don't think I will ever want another pill, but I do worry I will not get back the energy and positive attitude? How long have you been off the meds?

Thanks for the post,
    E.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-18-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    LeTang likes this.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hey, E.....I like your 'handle'....life help backwards....lol

Anyway....yes! You will feel happy again, without the opiates....everyday will get better. Not saying you won't have bad days, but never as bad as the first week....that is over and done with. But, it does take time....my rule was, it takes 90 days to make a habit and 90 days to break a habit....my friend is around 60 days now and she is doing great.

I am almost 15 months....it does get easier and easier....you are doing great, keep up the wonderful attitude and relish in being free!!!!!!
    Efil Pleh likes this.

Its now EIGHT DAYS
    Tuesday @ 6:00PM

I look back at the years I took those nasty pills and remember so many times sitting alone thinking I had mental problems and justifying my thoughts by thinking of things that happen to me in the past or things I had done. These things were bad! Really? They don’t seem so bad now that I can think straight. (8 Days Clean)

One of the warnings on the medication should be:

This medication may make you believe you are a bad person with mental issues, it may also make you think strange thoughts about your life and yourself and get totally hung up on them.

This medication can destroy relationship, cause job loss and result in jail time. This medication can cause self-destruction and result in financial hardship along with leading to additional medications to combat side effects.

This medication may cause you to seek therapy for the thoughts you have and become worse mentally because of the way you act at therapy, which could lead to a lifetime struggle with who you are.

For all the other side effects please join a prescription pain pill addicts forum. Addiction with this medication may start when the first pills is taken and last for years or result in suicide.

Not recommended

LeTang is offline New Member

I will not hijack your thread but just want to say how excited I am to hear you are doing better. My use was since I was 45 and I am now 54. Similar in milligrams to yours. I cut way back to half then today I took 3 ten norcos and now am totally out. I have been tapering for 5 days and went from 150 mg a day down to 75 then 60 etc today I am doing 30 then I am done. I heard it helps to taper but not sure. I have tried to quit many times one time making it 10 days. I am so afraid of the pain. I have been in withdrawals the entire 5 days that I tapered. I have also lurked on this board for a couple of years but have never posted until today. Please keep us posted even if it is just to help me get through this. I promise you are helping many they are just lurkers like I was.
    iloerose likes this.

Almost have 4 whole days in and I feel like I'm past the worst. Today I still feel like I got the flu and body still aches but feeling much better. I am only sleeping for a couple hours at night but hope that gets better. These posts have been a life saver checking in has really helped me a lot.
    LeTang, Iluv2smile and iloerose like this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

You are definitely helping others!
    I am to the point in my life where I am grateful to be an addict..
    All the misery and pain I have brought onto myself has given me so much insight and empathy for others.
    I would not change that for anything!
    Reading your thread and how insightful and wise you are comes from struggling and it provides a richness in life that many " normies" never experience!
    We can make a difference in our children and their children's life by doing exactly what you are doing one day at a time!
    We have to do something... and maybe just maybe this may be our purpose!

This epidemic is killing millions... while others only wish they were dead!

So please keep sharing and allowing us to experience something rare in the world of addiction..
    The support and successes in this thing called .. Recovery!
    I am proud of you and happy to have met you ...even it only in cyper space!
    I will check back later
    Iluv2

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast