Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes
DAY 1 through DAY 10 going COLD TURKEY
    Efil Pleh is offline Member

Default DAY 1 through DAY 10 going COLD TURKEY

SIX Years of 180-220 mg per day, never missed a day.

My last does (90 mg Hydro) was at 6PM yesterday, 17 hours ago.

I woke up at 10AM and feel okay, a bit of low energy and I can feel most of my body parts starting to ache. My legs are a bit tingly, must be the start of RLS. I hope for a miracle and this will not be as bad as I think it will.

rainbowpoots is offline Member

You got this!
    Efil Pleh likes this.

Now almost 30 hours in

It's 11:36PM and I feel as if someone beat me with a sock full of marbles for a good two hours or more. I have been taking the Thomas Recipe and it may be helping, the only item I don't have is valium or alike. The Hylands RLS is helping. Sitting here on the sofa watching TV and having a cup of coffee, not sure this coffee is a good idea, may promote RLS or more sensativity to overall nerves. Anyhoo, I did feel a surge of feeling I haven't felt in quit some time, I actually watched Carrie Underwood sing on HBO and really like her, maybe it's the vitamins. I also went outside and watched a few jets fly into the airport, we are in the flight path. The jets made me want to fly, I really hadn't noticed them before. Okay for now - I'm guessing I will be up all night, i.e.; the coffee, or not!
    5ugar5kullz likes this.

2:11AM and 32 hours in

I'm still up and feel just awful, my legs are killing me, my body hurts, got the sniffles and my eyes keep tearing. I just took more Hylands RLS and I hope it works? This so terrible! I am also freezing and can't get warm. Yea, just like the flu, NOT! I'm guessing its going to get worse. Uhg! UHG! I can't sit still either, I keep getting up and down.
    5ugar5kullz likes this.

THE BACK STORY - -this was the first post to explain my story.

Six years ago I was prescribed pain medication for an injury and have taken the medication ever since. The medication did 3 things for me, 1) it eliminate the psi, 2) it numbed me to all that was happening around me and 3) I let it take my life away from me.

I am a 51 year old male, well educated and lived a life free of any drugs until I took that first pain pill. I had a solid career with 14 years invested in my employer and owner of a growing business 3 years young. I'm also a Husband and Father. As many other stories my prescription started off with Norco 10/325 and ended up with 3X 40 mg Oxy per day and 4X 15 mg Hydrocodone per day which was the prescription of the last two years. I too had all the symptoms of being in the pain pill circle of heck. My life went away slowly with each passing day until I lost pretty much everything. My career is over (fired 1.5 years ago), my company is closed, (failed 1.0 years ago) and my home is sold ( no income).

I struggle every single day with all the same stuff counting the pills, counting the days on the days on the calendar and taking to much when the refill shows up and doing whatever I can getting through the last week of the cycle. I am so exhausted and so sick of spending my days, weeks, months and years this way. Two months ago I told my Doctor I wanted off the medication and asked for a tapper schedule. My meds have been reduced but I take to much so I have actually been pretty much where I have been over the past several years (same dosage milligrams). I'm out of my meds this coming Tuesday and really do not want another refill. I'm going to try and quit completely starting Tuesday. My refill is due in about two weeks and I am wishful I will be over the worst of it and able to decline the refill.

There are so many details I could tell you about the last 6 years but if you're reading this forum most likely you have either experienced them yourself or know someone who has. If anyone has any words of wisdom or suggestion please let me know. I have all the normal feelings, afraid, anxiety, panic, depression and hopelessness. I am so worried I will fail and if I do what then. I just can't live this way any longer, I would rather pass.

Thank you in advance,
    Efil

4:13AM and 34 hours in

I feel awful! All the same symptoms and no sleep whats so ever. It has been a grueling night. The sun should be coming up in another 2.5 hours, I guess these days will just run into one another. I have up down in and up all the way through this so far, I'll be so happy when I can juts sleep and sit without everything hurting so bad. If I can do this then so can anyone, its all in the head, well almost!

I can't wait for it to be over, it is a really pain in the neck. I'm wishful that I will be more motivated to leave the house and do the things I used to do once the WD are over, thats what I keep think and whats keeping me strong. UGH UGH and UGH!

Out for now.
    CTurkyMeth120mg likes this.

5:21AM and almost 36 hours in

I've had an upswing and feel really bad instead of awful. Just had another dose of Hylands and it seemed to do the trick, the legs have settled down to where I know they are there and hurt but not as bad. I am sneezing allot, I never sneezed while on the meds, so I guess I didn't sneeze for SIX years (where did all that time go).

I am not the least bit sleepy! Still freezing and tears coming out of my eyes and my whole body aches, I mean aches! Okay I'm off - Wife and Son get up in 1 hour, maybe I will make everyone breakfast, NOT!

7:31AM and 38 hours in

It hit me about an hour ago, I felt like I drank a gallon of draino, if you know what I mean. I guess after SIX years of being in the cement business it's a big change. Feeling awful again and everything hurts like heck!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Efil Pleh View Post
    I'm out of my meds this coming Tuesday and really do not want another refill. I'm going to try and quit completely starting Tuesday. My refill is due in about two weeks and I am wishful I will be over the worst of it and able to decline the refill.
    You're really doing awesome! Have to keep fighting and fighting and this WILL be over soon. Usually takes about a week, with days 3-5 being the most noticeable and hard to get through. You are there now and it's time to really dig in.

Your body and brain will mess with you every chance it gets. It wants you to take another pill to ease up those symptoms. Don't do it!!! It will only put you right back to day 1 and pleasure you expect to feel from that single pill will be gone in a matter of minutes/hours. It just isn't worth it I promise.

Reverse your thinking and make yourself believe this isn't so bad. If a symptom pops up deal with it as best you can and say: "can I have another please". Lol. Not funny I know, but the sooner you have these symptoms the quicker it will all be over.

I highlighted the above quote by you because that script hanging over your head will doom your plan in a second. I know, I was there many, many times. It's all I thought about when I went CT, or tried to taper numerous times and failed. It's a very strong piece of paper that wants you to fill it so bad and begin taking them again. Call the pharmacy and have them cancel that thing. Yes, it's so hard to do, but in the end if you're really serious about this you can do it. Probably one of the hardest things I have ever done, but in the end it's what it took to get me on the right path.

Hang in there as the days will begin getting better and better very soon. You will look back on this time and wonder why you thought it was so difficult.

Just a few days of misery to get your life back - SO WORTH IT!!!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi e
    Hang in there..
    You can do it ..
    I have read your story you have lost so much...
    But if you do this right this time you will have so much more and be able to feel it and enjoy it..
    You are so blessed to have made the decision to get clean because that takes so much courage and strength..
    Be proud of yourself
    Some addicts never get to say they have 38 hrs clean..
    So please hang in there
    This too shall pass
    So many studies have been done on cravings and have found they really do pass quickly if we don't act on them
    I found when I get a craving to acknowledge it out loud and continue by remembering exactly what that 1 pill that was too many and those 1000 that were never enough cost me....

This really is just a blink of an eye in your life and will soon be a memory.
    Sometimes one day at a time becomes one minute at a time..
    So please keep posting this is a great source of support
    Take care
    Iluv2

Thanks Randy

I will call the doctors office and pharmacy and put a stop to the script. I will ask both to never to write or fill another script. I will tell them I'm done. I will post when its done.

Thanks lluv2smile
    Iluv2smile likes this.

47 Hours in and I am one hurting SOB

I can barley type! Everything hurts, my whole body and it just will not quit. Thanks Randy for reminding about that script that will be ready in less than two weeks, I just sent the Pharmacist / Owner a text message telling him not to fill or send, I will call the doctors office tomorrow and tell them not to write the script and never to write another.

I keep telling myself 1000 pills is not enough and 1 pill will just piss me off.

I forced myself to eat dinner this evening, woof..... Yuck! OMG! --- and afterwards I really felt awful, awful. I know I'm supposed to eat but that was no good. My Wife is being wonderful. She knows who I am and knows this is not me, we have been married 14 years and she pretty much does everything around the house during the last two years. I used to cook, clean, fix things, buy all the furniture, paint, pressure wash and much more, now natta! Anyhoo - I guess for barley being able to type I'm doing pretty good. My mind went off the hurt for just a moment until just now another wave of punch in face just showed up.

Gotta go... Thanks all..... WOOF!
    E.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hang in there, you are doing great! Keep up the good attitude and you will be surprising the wife with what you will be doing around the house. Stay hydrated: hot baths, and it doesn't hurt to take some ibuprofen for the aches. Immodium as needed will help. Proud of you for sending in that text: there is nothing like feeling good for a bit and thinking about that one pill or thinking about being able to control this addiction and having something readily available.

Stay Strong: Treat your symptoms. You've got this.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Efil Pleh likes this.

Almost 53 Hours in, it will be in 10 minutes

Still here and still not sleepy, jeez will I ever sleep again? It's almost 11PM and I am not tired at all, tried to lay down around 9:30 and not happening, my body is still to rigged. I can feel all of my nerves in my body just screaming to get! Also very weak,

I will be so glad with this is all over!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Stay hydrated. I heard someone post about meditation music. Sleep WILL come, but it takes a bit. Stay strong and do your best to distract yourself. It will be over: it took awhile to get here, it takes awhile to get better. Stay the course!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Efil Pleh and CTurkyMeth120mg like this.

Going 56 Hours in
    It's 1:27AM and still no sleep.

I am having RAS Restless Arm Syndrome, is there such a thing? Anywho, Im feeling awful, having hot flashes, then cold, then can't sit and must walk or sit out back or go for a late night walk up the street, I have done all that over and over. I just get past to the point where I'm freaking out and then it starts to let up. Okay I am off
    to bed or at least to lay on the sofa and

Then it comes in waves. I took a hot shower about three house ago, it helped. I would give almost anything to be lying in my bed and comfortable,, just like those first years taking the meds, I just laid there and smiled and told myself I've never been happier, I remember even saying a prayer to God that I will take these pills the rest of my life. I need a do over with that one.

Mid Afternoon I became super emotional tinkling about y Parents I miss seeing them, it was an very strain full hope all the strange thoughts and crazy behaviors go away after the pills are stopped

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

You're doing so well. Keep going. I know how hard it is, I've been there many times. I always gave in and I regret every single relapse. It took me many attempts (and lots of wasted time on Subutex) to end the cycle. I know it seems like it will never end, but it will.

If you must, soak in a hot bath as often as possible. That always made me feel better, if only temporarily. Hot baths and a double dose of Ibuprofen always helped with the RLS. Watch some comedies. Stay hydrated.

You're doing this. Try Valerian for anxiety. Sending you warm wishes...

Kat

Thanks Kat.

OUCH! @ 4:18AM and almost 59 Hours in

There is no sleep in my future tonight, so just made a cup of coffee, have a few chocolate chip cookies and watching old spring break videos from 1985 in Fort Lauderdale Beach Fl, haven't seen these in at least 20 years or so, heck I'm old!

My body goes through 20-45 minute waves, intense waves of hurt and ache. I feel so weak but then again I have been feeling weak for quite some time, every morning in the past started with me feeling so bad until that first pill kicked in, then I felt just okay, not great like in the beginning but just okay. Then it was repeat all day long, every two hours, UHG, makes me get squirrelly just thinking about it.

I can't wait to sleep in my bed all night long and wake up refreshed like in the past. I was usually out the door within 45 minutes and on my way to work. The last two years I couldn't even find the door let alone get out of it. Such a shame! If I can do this and get myself back I will be kickin it within two years once again.

Thanks for all the support!
    E.

Hi there Efli

Mr You Are Doing It!

5 days OMG
    Even though I only know you in cyper space I am proud of you.
    I hope you are proud of yourself!

Just remember this so u don't have to go through this ......Ever Again!
    We Can Never forget where we came from..
    Fortunately we don't have to live in that memory but it has to be there in our memory your loud and clear!

Most of the time we have a forgetter and days ,months even years down the road we FORGOT how bad we felt.
    how hopeless we were and then we take that one whatever and ithe insanity is back !
    Only this time it will be worse..

MANY Don't Make IT BACK!
    So Keep On Keepin on !
    Thank you for the updates
    You are an inspiration ..
    Take care
    Iluv2
    road- 2 - recovery likes this.

Thanks Iluv2 - it means so much when people post to me, XOXO
    E.

@ 66 hours in 4 more hours and it will be 3 whole days

I felt okay since the last post, about 8 hours ago, but I just had a wave hit me, everything went down hill fast, everything hurt badly! Using the heck out of Toto (The bathroom)! Sorry probably TMI?

There has been zero sleep this whole time, I mean not even a doze off, Nada, Nothing. I am so looking to getting myself back, I hope the energy returns as well and soon. I had extreme energy when first taking the pills then it went to no energy.

The hot shower helped last night. I think the coffee promotes feeling bad, at least for me, so limited coffee, just in the morning. I will check again - E.

Anonymous Guest

Just wanted to stop in and say... KEEP UP THE GOOD HARD WORK!
    You can find meditation music on Youtube. Type in guided meditation if you want to listen to someone else for a bit. It may help distract you enough to fall asleep.
    Good luck and thanks for posting your inspiring story.
    Efil Pleh likes this.

69 Hours in

I am having all kinds of emotions, getting sad about a bunch of stuff, whats up with that? I keep thinking about my Parents and miss them, I also think about all kinds of fun times I had when I was in my 20's and 30's and wish for them back. Got so sad I became teary eyed several times today and had to go in the bathroom, a place I've seen enough of over the last two days.

So much for the "Tough & Solid Guy"

Hum, I guess my mind and body is coming back online.

FORGOT > I'm still hurting constantly and waves of pretty bad, the pretty bad lasts about 20-40 minutes. General body aches, legs hurting bad, RLS and still I believe in a bit if a fog and no energy, super weak and tired. Need Sleep!

Officially 72 hours in (3 WHOLE DAYS)

Things were better today, not so many waves of big hurt and more time in between. I still can feel the hurt and legs and arms feeling just awful but getting better.

COULD I ACTUALLY BE COMING OUT OF IT ????????? So soon? I thought for sure it would last at least 5-8 days?

I think about when I was going to quit and was so worried, I even contacted and visited Rehab Places, one of them cost $30,000.00 for 30 days in Rehab. If this is all I have to go through then it would have been a huge waste of money. I feel bad for all the others if I'm actually coming out of this at 3 days. I pray I am and I can get my life back.

I am laying in bed typing on my Laptop and watching TV, I will have to get up soon and walk around cause the legs are bothering me. GOD I hope tomorrow is a great day with little withdrawals. I'm going to try and sleep tonight by taking Hyland RLS and two tylenols after a hot shower.

Okay for now ---- Thanks all
    E.
    iloerose likes this.

Good for you..
    We always think it is going to be worst than it actually is .
    All that fear kept me stuck for years ..
    All the years numb now the emotions are coming back ..
    Just go with them..
    Take care
    Iluv2

Magnolia36 is offline Junior Member

Glad your getting through this. I have been following your post for some inspiration. My getting clean date is coming up after Thanksgiving. I am so scared of the sickness and that fear has (partly) kept me addicted. I am happy to see you get through it! I am curious for your update today!

Stay tuned I am going to post all the way until I feel better.

This will hopefully provide support for the people who are just about ready to quit or the ones who have just quit or the ones that have no plans to quit but hate where they are. I had the same feelings of being scarred but am determined to live again.

I read an article from the Harvard Medical Review or a link from and it stated that Pain Pill withdrawals are not anywhere near like the ones you see on the movies where people are curled up in a ball in the corner of the room crying and screaming, throwing up and just about going nuts. It's not that bad, its just grueling and keeps going for hours and hours. I have not had or heard of anyone having any thoughts of going crazy, i.e.; flipping out (really Flipping Out) or thinking they were going to die.

E.
    Iwantoff2013 and despirate like this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast