Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Day 10 Off Opiates.........
    mistydawn0001 is offline New Member

Default Day 10 Off Opiates.........

I was taking About 80mg of hydrocodone for the last 10 years. I finally just had enough! I was terrified of going cold turkey so I tapered. It's been 10 days since I took my last dose of about 3mg. Yesterday I felt great, better than I have in a long time. Today I just felt so emotionally wrecked. I lost my temper, and threw the vacuum across the room. I pulled it together but still just felt sad all day. I'm just curious if anyone can give me some insight to how long the depression will last and is there any kind of vitamins that will help? I'm still not sleeping well, so I'm sure that's not helping matters. Thanks for any recommendations!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

You used/abused hydro for 10 YEARS!!! It only makes sense that it will take some time before things get back to any kind of normal, or what they were before this all started. Your mind and body is going through a tremendous CHANGE right now. It's TIME that will make the difference.

Try the Thomas Recipe. Many here say it has helped them. Here's the link -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

The recipe suggests the use of a benzo. I would leave that part out if you can. Benzo's have their own problems and can be very addictive. Use the rest of the recipe and it should help.

It's difficult to say how long any depression will be around. Maybe get a physical and speak to a doctor about it. Your endorphins have been artificially stimulated for so long by the hydro. Getting as much exercise as you can, eating properly, adding lots of protein will all help those endorphins begin working again.

You will have up and down days for a while. But it WILL get better if you don't use another pill. Take another pill and you're right back to day one.

You're own your way so continue as you are. You never have to use again! Good luck and keep posting.
    Efil Pleh likes this.

Farcry is offline Banned

Also, I'm not asking how you obtained your medication, if it was prescribed or gathered a different way... But cut out ALL contacts from that part of your life. When I came off oxy some 9 years ago from doing a taper, I remember feeling so empowered,like I could lift a car... What I didn't know was what happened a few weeks after. Your cravings, which can be dangerous for an addict. I remember one day in particular still to this day, I was maybe a month clean, but something about my mental state that day bummed me out. I was sitting on a swing, outside at my dad's house, texting everyone I knew seeing if I could come see them (my craving and addiction mentality hit hard)... No one could, I caved in and used. I cried and felt lower than low after all the hard work. I remember that day, 9years ago, almost as clearly as my dad's funeral 4 years ago. This is an important time in your life, days like what you had, will happen! Know that they will happen, tell yourself they are going to happen, accept, them, accept yourself, know what you did 10 days ago is something some people cannot do and lose everything over... And YOU JUST BEAT IT! Allow yourself these days, you earned them.

mistydawn0001 is offline New Member

Thank you so much. I did call my doctor and tell him I was addicted and to not give me anymore. That was hard but I know it was necessary. I will keep on keepin on. I try to remind myself all the time that I altered my brain for over 10 years and it's gonna take time. Sometimes it's just nice to hear reassurance that it really will get better. I'm almost to day 12 and today was a little better than yesterday. Thanks again!