Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Shaking my pom poms my friend...lol...

Congratulations....
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

*eyes Lvg* --- you gonna be wearing those daisy dukes while cheering with those pom poms?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Yup leaving the apron in the kitchen... Daisy Dukes and pom poms my friend..

pay him no mind Beef I'm here cheering you on....

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Oh Lvg, how you make me so proud....pretty soon you're not gonna need that hat anymore

Beef, if I haven't told you already, you're doing a great job! I wish I could quit, but don't think I'm ready yet. I'm hoping this New Years resolution will stick this time. Good job man

Forceout is offline Member

Just stopping by while hopping around....feeling good and hope you are, too!!!

Forceout

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Feeling good my friends. Just got up a bit ago. I really miss my bed!!! (Dam hotel beds) Gotta get the girls up in a bit and start the trek back to GA. Gonna be an amazing 9-10 hour ride with a teenage daughter!!!!! Who is jealous now!!! I'm sure she'll sleep most of the ride but who knows. Just take it a mile at a time. Lol. Thanks for stopping by my home and having a little fun. Everyone's always welcome. Granted we don't have talking/gossiping cows, a jukebox, bar, and magic mushrooms. But it is home!! Been my safe spot for the past 2.5 months ish. Days are getting easier, don't even think about subs. Just done with them. No desire for opiates of any kind. Couldn't do that to the girls. As much as they have supported me and done for me in the past 2 months. I'd be a real piece of chit to put them through that again. Not gonna do it. They are my rock, my world and I want to be better for them. Thanks for everything guys!! Love you all!! A little disappointed that mini vacation is over. But I'll deal with it. At least I got to enjoy thanksgiving with the family and not have to worry about subs.

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Beef both are teams not looking so hot today
    Have a safe trip home..

Hey guys. Made it home safe today. Traffic was a little bit crazy but made it without incident. Just a few idiots on the road. Saw a rediculous amount of out of state license plates. Just wanted to poke my head in and say hey to all my friends and wish them a great night. Exhausted tonight!! But I will be back tomorrow morning. Have a good night my friends!!!

Beef

Our teams are terrible lvg!!! :-(

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hey guys. Made it home safe today. Traffic was a little bit crazy but made it without incident. Just a few idiots on the road. Saw a rediculous amount of out of state license plates. Just wanted to poke my head in and say hey to all my friends and wish them a great night. Exhausted tonight!! But I will be back tomorrow morning. Have a good night my friends!!!

Beef
    So positive. Love your vibe. ❤️ Good night

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Beef, glad you had a good holiday trip and made it home safe!

Hello.... Your doing amazing my friend...

Hello Beef, stopping by your house to say hiya..
    Can't say it enough.. Proud of You my friend..

You are a true warrior....

Thanks for kicking over the garbage cans on your way out. I'll have to get uncleloe's garbage guys over and pick it up. Not cool lvg. Lol. How are things going in FL? Weather still sunny and 75? It's fixing to get pretty chilly up here. The girls are reminding me everyday how we need to move back to FL. I can't blame them though. It is gorgeous down there. And we'll be close to family. So now K and my mom are Facebook friends. What the h.e.l.l. did I get myself into?

Couldn't be happier than where I am right now. Sleep is still a bit spotty every now and then I'll wake up around 1,2, or 3 am sometimes. Check this place out. There's usually some insomniac, or west coaster still on here. But I have to say it's better than where I was a few weeks ago. Progress. Slow and steady. Us big guys wouldn't have it any other way. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Beef

That's nice there fb friends your girls sound amazing I'm sure they are
    you deserve the best my friend.
    Today hot and sunny.....
    Believe me it gets better everyday. I know your not a whiner like
    I was. just time.... keep doing the next right thing.
    You are right where you need to be...
    Catch up with you tonight..busy day for me..
    Umm I'm on a break..

Stay your bright positive self..
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.

Hey Beef!!

Just thought I would come bang around your spot for a bit!

Actually, I have a couple things on my mind.

One. I am seeing a few people come on here and seem to be getting going good and then go away. I feel a tiny bit bad if I was the last one to post to them and worry I said something wrong. I figure you may know something about these feelings I'm having since you've been here longer and are very active more active.

Two. I would very much appreciate any and all instruction or constructive criticism you may have concerning any post you've read where I am greeting new folks. I have super thick skin!!!

As with anyone here, I want to help make people feel better like y'all did for me. I can so vividly remember the relief I felt when everyone said "HI!!! " in the beginning when I was so lonely, scared, and anxious...omg.

I just don't want to ever say something that might be the reason they don't come back.....it makes me sad when that happens, man.

Thanks for listening, my ole buddy!!

PS - I have a Florida trip in my near future love that place so much. East Coast around BiG O. That's my Florida home.
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.

Hey buddy. You're always welcome at my home. Just don't step in the trash as lvg kicked over my trash cans earlier in the day. I feel the same as you sometimes my friend. As you know I've been here for about a cup of coffe longer than you. Lvg gave me some excellent advice just yesterday as a matter of fact because I felt a little like you do now. Just pass along some encouragement and whatever wisdom you can offer. Think of what you would want to hear if you were in their shoes. Most of the time that's the best we can offer. I know when I got here Cat was the first person to respond to my thread with some info, a little encouragement and just the right amount of caring. After that I was hooked. This is my new favorite place. I, like you I'm sure don't know everything about every type of meds out there. And that's ok. There are many others who can pick up the slack in that department. We are one big dysfunctional family! Lol. And as Randy told me yesterday. If you give out some wrong info he will punch you in the gut and virtually slap you across the face. Lol

As for the disappearing members. Nothing we can do but hope they found their way and keep on moving. I know it's frustrating. There are several further down in the archives that have a last post from me. I've read most of your posts if not all of them and I have no criticism. Your posts are always well thought out insightful and full of love and hope. I wouldnt have asked you to stop by encourage1227 if i wasn't absolutely sure you were gonna kill it. All we can do is to make them feel welcome and try to show them the way. Share a little personal experience and wisdom. Sometimes that's all they need.

When it comes to welcoming new members. I always try to make them feel like they came home. No judgements, tell them how amazing my friends here are. And try and make them feel at ease and try to get them to open up a little.

Keep reading and educating yourself. I know you will. (Same thing Randy told me last night) Check out his thread from Tuesday night I think and you'll see what I mean.

Can't tell you how proud we all are of you. You are killing this, and this place wouldn't be the same without you. Keep doing the next right thing my friend!!!

Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-30-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Gotta love Orlando!! We were just soufh of Tampa. But next time we head down we gotta take the kid to the Harry Potter park in Universal Studios. So i gotta bust out my inner nerd again!! Lol

Have a great night buddy!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Beef and Forceout -

Please allow me to jump in here for a second....

One bit of advice I'll give you both is to read a new members (or any member really) first post carefully and don't respond as fast as you can. Read it over again, and think their situation over carefully before saying anything. When I first joined I too wanted to help out so bad I hit the reply button before I had finished reading the entire post. I gave messed up advice sometimes that made no sense because I hadn't read everyhting they wrote, and truly understood what they were seeking in the way of help. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Thanks guys, you're both doing a great job and are welcomed and respected members.

Randy

Thanks Randy! I'll do that from now on. Really appreciate it.

Beef
    Randy35 likes this.

Thanks Randy and Beef!!

I am loving feeling better. And I have a desire to make others feel better. It is a familiar feeling from way back close to 20 yrs ago when I "worked" in NA.

I had almost forgotten the crucial role clean addicts play in helping others see the possibilities. If not for that concept, I would be dead. Simple as that. No doubt. Write it on a rock. Goners.

Love ya'll, Man.

Forceout
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

All quiet over here still picking up garbage...lol..

Lol. Yeah all the raccoons and bears got to it. But we got it cleaned up. How's your day going lvg?

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ha...I'm off today but some how soooo busy have company coming tomorrow so just straighting up. Laundry windows fun stuff..
    How are you doing today my friend...

Things are good. Had to work harder than I like this morning. But still not bad. Stomach bug going around apparently. Beautiful up here today!! But supposed to get really cold in a few days. Gotta check the propane and make sure we got plenty before they Jack up the prices. Gonna throw on my French maid outfit later today and clean the house a little bit. Still way better than 2 months ago lol

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Geeze can't get by visual 8' French maid....lost my train of thought..
    Just a bug I know you can handle that...

Oh, I'm not sick. It's just every moronic employee I have apparently caught it. So guess who has to pick up the slack. Lol. Always a good time!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

What's up with that did Randy slap you to hard lol.
    Respond to that one you just liked..Beef you are a true
    Inspiration share it...

Lol. I got paddled at the principal's office. Shame shame beef.

Start-2-Finish is offline Junior Member

Hey beef just got caught up on your thread! Congrats you seem to be doing awesome! Every time i read someone else’s thread and they are doing good it makes me more positive about my own situation..

What part of Florida did you move from? I saw you said south of Tampa I grew up in Sarasota before moving up North years ago...

Keep up the good work bro

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast