Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

2 months ago I was too caught up in my own self pity to realize that people were actually joking around and having a good time on here!!! I gotta stop by Randys comedy corner. Haven't been there in a few.

So much better!!! Glad you're back my friend!!!
    DravenDomnq and Lvg nghtmare like this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

You've come so far and overcome so much, just sooooo good to see Beef. Amazing what can change in almost 3 months, no doubt about that! I got so caught up in my own self-pity for a while there forgot how the good people and good friendships on these forums can do to lift ones spirits. Really happy to be back as well!!

Will have to come up with something for the Joke thread myself soon, haven't caught up with it either for a bit!

~Leaves an extra box of tissues for Lvg before I go for when she pops back in~

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

pssst... peaking in...grrrr.
    But I still have Hope....
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Ok Draven, as always here to Support you....

***shaking my pom poms for Pitt***
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.

Thomas543 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hey teach!! Welcome to my home!! You're always welcome. Yes I posted almost daily in hopes of helping others who were lurking. And it in turn helped me more than I could have realized. It all started with how I was feeling and yes suboxone is a bear. Indigent realize how strong they are until I was ready to get off of them. But a good support system and this site, and a positive mindset saved me multiple times. I think in 6 days I'll be 3 months clean. Things are so much better now!!! I didn't think I'd ever get back to normal or whatever normal is?? But here I am!!! I feel great. Back to my old self. I'm still in early recovery but everything is so much better and I wouldn't be here without this place!! I'm glad my story is helping you out. We are so happy you found us!!! Keep up the good work!!!

By the way. Who you pulling for today?? Who's your team? I'm a bucs fan (I know.......bucs) Draven likes his Steelers and lvg is a jets fan. Cat and brotop are both pats fans. Who you got?

Beef
    Oh, we just pull for Georgia around this house...not much of an NFL fan...dad follow Georgia Bulldogs. I do watch the Super Bowl, but that’s just tradition. When mom was alive, we watched the Olympics like crazy people! Mom was a huge sports fan.

One thing I wanted to ask...did you go through a period of feeling unreality...like, I go to work...and I don’t feel like anything is the same anymore. Like...I want things to go back to being normal. What I do NOT like about the taper, even though I’m down to (today is only 4 halves...a total of 2!!! Woot!) 2 - 2.5....is that I still find my mind wandering to the clock to see what time it is...I’ll be SO GLAD when I’ve jumped (the three weeks of Christmas break...that’s it!)...but for now, I go to school and I still feel a little out of reality at times. I don’t feel...normal, if that makes sense. I wish I had better words to describe it. I find myself doing body-checks...like a car with dummy lights...I do an internal body scan to see how I’m feeling...is my head hurting...do my fingers tingle...am I feeling anxious...like a diagnostic. I want to be OVER that. And I know that won’t go away until I’m totally clean. So, maybe I’ve answered my own question :P

I talked today about jumping off where I am now...and dad said that’s I still have a full week of teaching and then I’ll be off until January 8th...he said don’t push it. Be patient. No sense doing more than you should. Wise words. I can be impetuous and I have to be careful with that. But, this place has given me such inspiration...I want to just DO IT. Especially now that I know that I can. But...I also know that there would be more discomfort if I jumped now...and I shouldn’t do that to my kids in class this week. They need me to be on top of my game. It’s Christmas. I have those 3 weeks off...time to myself, practically...and that’s a huge blessing. Most people don’t get that. I need to take advantage of it. And I AM!!!!! This is it! I’m so close. I want to be where you guys are: TOTALLY OFF ALL of this >>>>. So close!! I’m very excited. And while I have been feeling bluesy and down in the past week, I know also that it’s because I’ve been keeping it to myself....and not using this forum where I know I’ve gotten inspiration. I need to share my experiences like you have so that others who may be lurking and too afraid to post (like where I was a year ago) might find the courage to jump in and get started. I need to post more in my Teacher’s Story thread. So others can benefit. That’s why we are here, after all.

Thanks for your story...and all of your posts. I read your first few days here...and I said to myself that if I had read it when you first came in...I wouldn’t have thought you’d have made it! You sounded so down and struggling. And I KNOW that feeling!!!! So, to read your journey and see how you slowly rose to the surface...gives me MORE hope than I can say.

Have a great week!!!
    Thomas

One thing that forceout always says that I completely agree with is that the pills lie my friend. Manufactured feelings they have been making those feel good chemicals so your body hasn't had to. It's gonna take some time to get there. But you are so determined I have no doubt that you'll be there in no time.

Your dad is very wise. Take that extra week to prepare yourself for this. Those three weeks off will be perfect. Just keep on your taper. You won't be in for as rough a ride as I was thank god! As low as you have tapered you will be fine. And I gotta say that clean is way better!!

Have you read forceout's thread? I think today he is 30 day clean. He tapered real low like yourself and is doing amazing. You should give it a read. It'll give you a better idea of what your in for. It's in the "Need to Talk" section, started by Catrina and titled "forceout needs community to get through"

I'm so excited for you Thomas!!! No need to rush it though. You've got the rest of your clean life to enjoy! Just keep doing what you're doing my friend!! Read, post, get it all out!!! We are all here for you!!! I always look for your posts.

That feeling of unreality. Oh yeah. I was a walking zombie for a month. Didn't care about anything. Just going through the motions. It was very surreal. It was like I was watching a sad pathetic version of myself moping around. But slowly the clouds lift, everything seems brighter, more hopeful, vibrant. The first time I noticed the change I was driving to town right after the leaves changed. It was amazing. It was like I had never seen it before, so beautiful. It is so worth every minute of pain I suffered.
    Keep doing the next right thing!
    Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-10-2017 at 09:50 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Uh oh Draven...
    DravenDomnq and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Get Ready to hand the tissues to Draven Beef.....
    DravenDomnq and Beefaroni7272 like this.

M finally went to sleep a bit ago and have been silently screaming at the tv. Might need those tissues even if we do squeak it out!

What's up Georgia... cold here brrr. time for hot coco..lol

Lol. I hear ya lvg. You bringing the marshmallows? Supposed to get into the teen's up here tonight. Glad my heat is working (sorry Draven)
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Man it's cold.. now I'm not complaining cause I'm not Sweating anymore yippie..lol..

Yes I'll bring the marshmallows..
    Poor Draven...

Well I figured I'd bust out an update. Saturday will be three months clean for this guy!! Said it probably a thousand times but I wouldn't be here without you guys. Don't have anything to complain about. Sleep is still getting better, some nights I'll wake up and not have any trouble falling asleep. But for the most part I'm sleeping through the night. Didn't think I'd ever get back to normalish again but here I am. Everything is so bright and hopeful now! My new clean life is just great. Some moments of fatigue but that's life I suppose. Not 20 anymore and beginning to turn into a silver fox. HA

Been looking online for some face to face support and I think I found one I'd like to go to this weekend. Reading J's deep thoughts has really made me think over the last few days about how I got here in the first place. It's nothing traumatic, but I think it needs to ba addressed. I know meetings have helped so many others on this site and I feel like I really owe it to myself and my recovery to dive into the deep end so to speak. I'll keep everyone updated and let you know how it goes.

Still flippin cold up here, snow is still melting but people aren't losing their minds anymore. Hope everyone has a great day and stay warm!!

Beef

There's that inspiration my friend.
    Congratulations...

Just driving by silver Fox.. ha.. hope you
    had a great day my friend..

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hey Brother Bear-

Just stopping thru to say Thanx ❤️ Thanks 4 being you.

I would make a sarcastic comment about you being a silver fox, but, you know (devil horned wink face)

~CC

Hey lvg, CC. Thanks for stopping by to shovel some snow off my doorstep. Ha!! Been a good day today. Had a Christmas dinner with the boss and his boss. Got my Christmas bonus also. Got a whopping $25 gift card, a company logo mouse pad, and 2 count em 2 company logo bumper stickers. Lol. Needless to say the company really stepped their game up this year. Lol. Just makes me wanna update my resume and start looking for a change with my new life. Other than that it was a great day. Probably got a few more grey hairs dealing with idiots today. I guess they're giving out stupid pills to the masses in N. GA. Maybe I'll get some just for men for my birthday this year and delay my silver fox status for a bit. Just about to take a shower and get ready for bed. Hope everyone has a great night tonight. Congrats on 2k posts lvg!!! Have I told you guys I'm proud of you today?

Beef
    Catrina and DravenDomnq like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi there Beef. It's been awhile since I stopped in here. Sorry about that. I log on to this site every day, multiple times a day but I don't always post these days. So busy! But soon I'll be in winter hibernation and back with a flourish. You and Lvg are picking up the slack around here. I always smile when I'm at the Home Page and see the most recent post to each and every thread is either you or Lvg. Thank you both for that. Paying it forward is what it's all about and you both know that.

Congrats on your Christmas Bonus. Like, WOW! Don't spend that all in one place. Ha!

Peace,

Cat

Hey fox, ha love it . Just for men thanks for the laugh my friend. You should be grateful you got a gift card... now you can buy your own shovel to clean your driveway....

and if I haven't told you lately I'm proud of you...

***Live a Life you Love***

Hey Cat. Welcome back. I figured you were lurking. As much as you have done for me and countless others you are completely entitled to a break from this place. Good to see you're keeping busy and congrats on the potential retirement. You deserve it. Then you can just pick and choose when and what you want to do for work. Im sure thatll make it much more enjoyable. Keep in touch. Just know you are always missed and we will all be eagerly and patiently waiting on your doorstep for when the snow buries you inside and you have no other option but to throw on the thermal blanket and get online and whip us all into shape. I can't thank you enough for what you and everyone else here means to me!!!

Have a great day Cat!!!!
    Beef

Brotop is offline Member

Hey beef!
    I just saw your post from yesterday, sorry I am a day late but , CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 months!!! That is so awesome. I'm very happy for ya. Keep it up my friend!

Thanks a bunch bro beans. Much appreciated. How are you feeling? How'd you guys fare with the storm? Things are good down here. Snows finally melting down here. Hope all is well up there. Have a great night!!

Beef

3 months clean today!!! Feeling good. Slept well the last three nights but I've been waking up in the morning and just feel like going back to sleep. Who knows, been busy at work and a little more tired than usual. But I guess that's life right? No complaints from this guy. Better than no sleep and crazy rls right. Ha!

Gonna finish my Christmas shopping today after work. Kid wants minecraft for her computer. Not sure why, don't really understand the point of a game that you can't win??? But I guess that's just me getting old. Not sure what to get K. Got a few ideas but I really want to get her something special for everything she has done for me over these past few months. She has been there and helped me through and called me on my b.s. so I really want this year to be special for her, she deserves it. Any ideas???

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! Happy holidays!!!

Beef

Woot Woot... Congratulations 3 months. Beef be proud of what you have accomplished my friend Addiction is such an awful diease. Just for today another day clean my friend.
    Have a wonderful Day..

Forceout is offline Member

Hey Beef,

I got confused and posted to you on my thread.

Happy 3 monther, warrior!! I'm so proud of you. And I'm honored to be here with you and the rest of my new family!!

Have a great weekend buddy!!

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Congrats Beef!!
    That's awesome to be 3 months clean! I'm still struggling but have been inspired by your story. I also suffer every w/d symptom to the extreme but for me it's 3 weeks. (3 weeks of h*ll) Last time I thought I'd go mad.
    But staying here & posting & reading does something to you...it's positive peer pressure.

I'm so happy for you & look forward to reading about your continued journey (which is called life)

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Default Congo-Rats

Hey Brother Bear,

I hope you don't mind me bestowing on you a nic name. It's purely a term of endearment. In real life I have a hard time remembering names but never forgot how that person made me feel. A lot of the pet names I use in here mirror the souls that have touched me out here in the real world.

Yes, big & burly on the outside but a softy on the inside. I don't have to see you to know- your energy speaks for itself. Need I say more? You know I can right??? I won't thou b/c my neck is still a bit sore.

I wanted to stop by & give you a fist bump- with an explosion on your 3 months!! That in itself should be enough to keep your warm & fuzzy meter topped off all day while you navigate your way thru the Christmas crowd today.

Minecraft, I know it well. Basically it's virtual Legos on steroids. My middle schooler luvs it & has become quite the architect in the making. It's amazing what they can create.

As far as K, I'm gonna go out on a limb with this but in my heart of hearts I think you have already given her the 1 gift she so desparately wanted- a clean & healthier YOU! As far as a tangible items thou my ideas are limited. Reach into your archives & find her passion file. What's her thing?? It's a tough one but find that 1 over looked detail that she mentioned moons ago that gives her warm fuzzies (my intentions here are PG rated- yours don't necessarily have to be). What's her hobbies??? Maybe a vape??im pretty sure you mentioned she smoked. A vape woukd be great- that way she can taper done on the nicotine & them make the jump. Just ideas- Keep us posted on what you find.. She is definitely a lucky lady to have you.

Enough of the mush- get out there & get'er done!

Congrats again on 3 months Brother!

Oh how time flies,

❤️

Che
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Hey CC. Such kind words. Thanks so much. Feel free to call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner. Ha. Found out a little more about minecraft. Kid tried to tell me about building towns by getting wood and such. I asked "So you chop down the trees to make wood" she said "no you gotta punch the trees"
    *tilting head with puzzled look on face scratching head*
    Punching trees huh? What'll they think of next? Whatever happened to Atari, and Donkey Kong and Mario? Simpler times I suppose.

Yeah you got me pegged. I can be a big softie. K has been known to call me Teddy Bear. (Just keep it to yourself, I got a big scary image to keep up here) lol. I have been known to frighten small children. Ha. I got a few ideas on what to get her gotta dig into the archives and get something good. Let her know I pay attention sometimes. Lol.

Gotta run. Gonna have some supper then I'll be back later. Hope you have an amazing night!!!

Beef
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast