Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Thanks Autumn. Glad my story has helped you a little. It's been quite quite ride. I'm gal you had a great trip to China and you got some relief from those migraines with something other than meds. Acupuncture, never tried it but I've heard good things. Really hope it works out for you. 3 months.... seems like just a drop in the bucket but we know better. Couldn't have made it here without this place. It's been my safe place for sure.

Thanks again!!!! Hope you have an amazing night!!
    Beef

Anonymous Guest

Hi Beef,
    About 3 months for you? Congrats
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    3 months clean today!!! Feeling good. Slept well the last three nights but I've been waking up in the morning and just feel like going back to sleep. Who knows, been busy at work and a little more tired than usual. But I guess that's life right? No complaints from this guy. Better than no sleep and crazy rls right. Ha!

Gonna finish my Christmas shopping today after work. Kid wants minecraft for her computer. Not sure why, don't really understand the point of a game that you can't win??? But I guess that's just me getting old. Not sure what to get K. Got a few ideas but I really want to get her something special for everything she has done for me over these past few months. She has been there and helped me through and called me on my b.s. so I really want this year to be special for her, she deserves it. Any ideas???

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! Happy holidays!!!

Beef

Hey Beef -

Congratulations on your 3 months clean. That's really awesome! If we want it bad enough we can get it, and you did. Just never let your guard down as the BEAST is always ready to pounce when you least expect. A day at a time s what we do. Stay Strong Just for Today.

Well done Sir!

Randy

Internet is a bit spotty tonight. So I'll try to get all this done in one. Thank you guys so much. I know I'm still early in recovery but I feel great and nothing is gonna rain on my parade tonight. Force, lvg, support, Randy thank you all so much!!! It means so much to be here in this wonderful place with all my new friends. I can't imagine my life now without this place. I'm truly humbled by everyone's kind words!! Thank you all so much!!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thomas543 is offline Junior Member

Internet is a bit spotty tonight. So I'll try to get all this done in one. Thank you guys so much. I know I'm still early in recovery but I feel great and nothing is gonna rain on my parade tonight. Force, lvg, support, Randy thank you all so much!!! It means so much to be here in this wonderful place with all my new friends. I can't imagine my life now without this place. I'm truly humbled by everyone's kind words!! Thank you all so much!!!

Beef
    You mentioned in a post not far behind this one that you wake up and sometimes feel like going back to sleep...I wanted to comment on this: When I first jumped from the 8-10+, I could NOT sleep any longer past when I woke up EARLY because of RLS and general other negative light WDs. My taper instantly down to 3 a day brought on those 4-5 days of moderate discomfort. Now that I’m down to 1.5 - 2.0...I find that I do wake up at around 6am on days off....and while I could NOT get back to sleep, I now can sleep for maybe 30 more minutes. For me, that’s growth. I can actually feel fine getting a bit more sleep. And that’s after 6-7 hours per night. When I was on my full rampant Vicodin/hydro 3-year dosage...I could sleep until noon! That disappeared overnight jumping down to 3 at halves only...and I hated facing a LOOOOOONG day. Now, my sleep pattern is coming back. I will be experiencing more discomfort when I jump soon...but I now know it’s not as bad as I set myself up to believe.

Life is NEW...life is exciting...I have HOPE. And it’s because of YOU guys. Sharing. Sharing. Sharing. That’s KEY, I am convinced. How else could I have gotten the courage??? I would not have. We need each other.

Bright Blessings,
    Thomas

Hey teach. I know you read my story so you know all about my sleep issues. (GRRRRR) But compared to where I was even a month ago I'll take it. Right now I'm mostly sleeping through the night and usually get 6-7 hours. Compared to no sleep or maybe 2 hours believe me I'll take it. It's a win and progress in my book. Been busy lately so maybe I've just been more tired. Who knows, I guess its just life. Lol. Have a great night buddy!!!

Beef

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

just peeping in window to steal the tissues...

***exit quietly***
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Brotop is offline Member

[QUOTE=Beefaroni7272;542117]Thanks a bunch bro beans. Much appreciated. How are you feeling? How'd you guys fare with the storm? Things are good down here. Snows finally melting down here. Hope all is well up there. Have a great night!!

Beef[/QUOTE

I'm doing. I dropped myself down 1mg on the sub. I have been dealing with an extreme amount of pain. Between the knee issues and the rheumatoid the winters are very rough on me. My work schedule doesn't help much either. I was hoping the subs would help with the pain. I don't think they are but then again I don't know how bad I would be without them. I'm sure I will see at some point. I am just starting tapering myself down I'm gonna just go on the slow side. I am taking 4mg now. I'm going give it a week or 2 and drop another mg.

I hope you got all your Christmas shopping done

Sounds good. Sorry about the pain, and the cold. When I jumped I felt every bump and bruise I'd accumulated over the past 8 years. But it got better. I got a bunch of nagging injuries from playing o-line in H.S. and college. Compressed and slipped disks, arthritis in my right foot, torn labrum, too many broken fingers to count. Etc. But the pills lie. All I take is the occasional Aleve and a goody powder maybe once or twice a week for headaches. I didn't think I'd be able to manage, some days are better than others obviously but it's manageable. Heating pads help. Just keep doing what you're doing. Reduce down and take your life back. Follow that taper plan. We're all here for you!!!

Got all my shopping done except for K. Gonna get her stuff tomorrow when she is at work. Then I gotta try to wrap it with my sausage fingers. Ha!! Gonna be fun!!

Have a great night Bro Namath!
    Beef

*I know you like the Broadway Joe reference lvg.*

10years39days is offline Member

Beef - I’m a 33 year old male who has been using Suboxone (exactly as prescribed) for 10 years. It helped me kick my 20+ a day Percocet habit.

Over the past two / three months I’ve slowly tapered myself down to .25mg per day, and I’m ready to make the jump. It hasn’t been an easy or comfortable tapering process, but I know I’m ready.

I’ve sat here for two hours and read through your entire thread. I’m literally crying as I type this. I am the sole provider for my family, and not a day goes by that I worry about what type of person I may be (off of Suboxone).

About 6 years ago, when I was taking 8mg a day, my pain clinic was temporarily closed to adjust for new laws in Oregon. During that time I was forced to abruptly taper, maybe down to 2mg a day...and the WD hit me like a ton of bricks. It was so bad. My wife watched me crumble before her eyes, and my son temporarily lost his father.

My new taper schedule is much more mature, planned, and responsible...but I still fear the downfall. (Crying so hard right now). I feel empowered, yet so weak. I know my wife is supportive, but I fear the repercussions of my 7-yr old son watching his dad fall...hard.

I’m wondering if I should start my own thread. I’m new around here.

- 10years

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Beef - I’m a 33 year old male who has been using Suboxone (exactly as prescribed) for 10 years. It helped me kick my 20+ a day Percocet habit.

Over the past two / three months I’ve slowly tapered myself down to .25mg per day, and I’m ready to make the jump. It hasn’t been an easy or comfortable tapering process, but I know I’m ready.

I’ve sat here for two hours and read through your entire thread. I’m literally crying as I type this. I am the sole provider for my family, and not a day goes by that I worry about what type of person I may be (off of Suboxone).

About 6 years ago, when I was taking 8mg a day, my pain clinic was temporarily closed to adjust for new laws in Oregon. During that time I was forced to abruptly taper, maybe down to 2mg a day...and the WD hit me like a ton of bricks. It was so bad. My wife watched me crumble before her eyes, and my son temporarily lost his father.

My new taper schedule is much more mature, planned, and responsible...but I still fear the downfall. (Crying so hard right now). I feel empowered, yet so weak. I know my wife is supportive, but I fear the repercussions of my 7-yr old son watching his dad fall...hard.

I’m wondering if I should start my own thread. I’m new around here.

- 10years
    Hey 10 years. Welcome to the forum!!! You've found an amazing place to help you on your journey to get clean. The support and advice I've recieved from these amazing people Is second to none. No judgements here. Congratulations for tapering from 8mg to .25 mg. That is quite a feat in itself. As you know i jumped from 1 mg which is still a hefty dose of subs. So i really dont think youll be in for as rough a ride as i was.

I too stumbled here scared and afraid what I would be like without any type of drug in my system. Wasn't sure if I could function or not. But I will tell you that every minute of pain and suffering I went through was well worth it. It is so much better on this side of the fence!!! I couldn't have asked for more!!!

At .25 mg you should be just about ready to go. Don't be afraid. Get excited!!! This will all be behind you in the blink of an eye. There are some things that helped me out.

1.) STAY ACTIVE!!!!! As you know i had to work through my w/d and while it was terrible some days, it kept me moving and not wallowing in my own self pity on the couch. Do something, anyrhing to get the blood flowing and making those endorphins. I know that sometimes it will feel like a trip to the mailbox feels like a 5k but it really helps!!!
    2.) STAY HYDRATED!!! Water, and Gatorade are your best friends and they will help to flush the garbage out of your system.
    3.) Imodium. Liquid form as directed. Trust me you'll need it and it's a life saver!!
    4.) Bananas, heating pads, long baths/showers, Epson salt. Soaks really help and make you feel better. I was taking 3-4 long showers a day.
    5.) The Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal. I can't drop a link but you can Google it. Everything there will help you get back to "normal" faster. Except for the benzos. Leave those out unless already taking them under a doctor's supervision.
    6.) Keep a positive mental outlook!! It helped me so much on my journey. Keep reminding yourself why you're doing this and what is coming to you before the drugs. Keep your chin up and know that it is only temporary.

I would definately start your own thread!!! There other members can track your progress and posts in one area and leave suggestions and inspiration for you in one location. I kinda used mine as a diary to keep myself sane on the sleepless nights. And it turned into much more. I am so glad it has helped you!!! Get on here and read and post as much as you want or need to. It really helps!!! There are so many inspirational stories on here. This site has saved my life. Of that I am certain.

You are well on your way and everything is gonna be ok!! Start that thread and give everyone some background and trust me the cavalry will come!!! I can't speak highly enough about this place and I am so glad you have found us!!!

Proud of you!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks, Beef. It’s hard to describe how much your response means to me, and I’m sure it’s helpful for others in our shoes.

This is going to be a rollercoaster ride, for sure. I’m curious how much time did you take off of work? I’m fortunate in that sense, that I will be able to take a paid leave of absence...but I’m wondering is it necessary?

I’m thinking work might help...I guess it’s too early to tell. I know this will make be a stronger person, and I can’t wait to banish Suboxone from my life. It was a chapter, and it needs to end.

I feel like I struck a goldmine coming across your thread. I’ll be sure to keep you posted with progress/issues/setbacks.

Thank you,
    10years

Welcome 10 years, Beef gave you some good advice. You should start your own thread so all here can follow you and Support you. What's your plan moving forward with the taper. What have you done so far how much have you reduced, have you read Roberts subtaper plan? Are you taking it at the same time every day? Start a thread we are all here to support you. Congratulations on making this first step. Again welcome..

Where the cannons at???

Dam dirty birds are sinking the pirate ship!!!!! Can i please have my tissues back whence you get a chance lvg? I'd appreciate it.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ughh awful, here's a few boxes...

Thanks, Beef. It’s hard to describe how much your response means to me, and I’m sure it’s helpful for others in our shoes.

This is going to be a rollercoaster ride, for sure. I’m curious how much time did you take off of work? I’m fortunate in that sense, that I will be able to take a paid leave of absence...but I’m wondering is it necessary?

I’m thinking work might help...I guess it’s too early to tell. I know this will make be a stronger person, and I can’t wait to banish Suboxone from my life. It was a chapter, and it needs to end.

I feel like I struck a goldmine coming across your thread. I’ll be sure to keep you posted with progress/issues/setbacks.

Thank you,
    10years
    Unfortunately I didn't get any time off of work. I had to have surgery in March to have two toes removed. (It s.u.c.k.e.d. but that's life.) But I didn't have short term disability so I had to use all my vacation time. So I had to go back to work on day 3 of my w/d. I was a mess but it forced me to be active and moving around. As much as I wanted to do nothing I couldnt. Had to move around, and it helped me so much looking back at it. You'll be fine bossman. I'll be looking for your posts. You got this

Beef

Oh Tampa Bay. Why do you torture me so?? At least I have tissues.
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Beef, sorry I wasn't around Saturday, but CONGRATS on your 3 months, that's awesome my friend! Don't celebrate by spending all that gift card money in one place!

Thanks Draven! At least i still got the mouse pad and bumper stickers. Ha! I felt like it was right out of Home alone. "Merry Christmas you filthy animal!"

Morning Beef, yes that was tourturous had to finally turn it off eh...
    Well looks like Xmas in a bikini..ha...
    Have a great day...

Hmmmm. Not sure if they make one in my size. I'll check it out though. Ha *wink*

There's a nice mental image to get you through the day!! Lol

Hope you have a great day!!!

Ok silver Fox...lol...
    thanks for the image..

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Welcome 10 years, Beef gave you some good advice. You should start your own thread so all here can follow you and Support you. What's your plan moving forward with the taper. What have you done so far how much have you reduced, have you read Roberts subtaper plan? Are you taking it at the same time every day? Start a thread we are all here to support you. Congratulations on making this first step. Again welcome..
    Thanks, I agree! I did start a thread last night, but it appears that it hasn't yet been approved by the moderator(s). So in terms of the taper, yesterday was my first day moving down to .13mg (1/16 of a 2mg pill). Yesterday was rough all around, and I was incredibly emotional. The biggest difference with this newest taper is that I'm no longer taking two doses (of .13mg). Instead, now I'm just taking one dose in the morning.

So yesterday was hard, I pushed through the evening until around 10pm and my wife performed some form of witchcraft on me because I fell asleep just fine. Strange dreams, woke up at 3:40am with RLS and "the stretchies", but honestly it was as bad as the night before. At around 4:00am, I got out of bed and took the dog outside, stood in the rain for a minute, came back inside...

I retreated to the living room couch, laid down, RLS returned, stretchies returned, so I took some clonidine and after about an hour I was able to fall back asleep until 7am or so. At that point, my wife allowed me to have my new daily dose of .13mg. She dropped the sliver of the pill in my mouth, and I could feel that it was smaller than usual...but I didn't say anything and I am not dwelling on it.

Although scared, I'm interested in seeing how my body will handle the jump. Tomorrow morning we are going to do a little test. We have agreed that I will get my next dose at 7am (on Wednesday morning). But instead of getting the dose as soon as I wake up, we agreed that I need to shower, get ready, etc. before getting my dose. I don't know if this is good, bad, or indifferent...but I want to see how I function without that microscopic little speck of torture.

That's too bad, but it sounds like it helped you persevere through all of this. I'm happy for you. This morning has been very interesting. I feel like I'm cloudy, loopy, with the worst dry mouth I've experienced (this is a new one). I've been hydrating very well (I normally Mt. Dew, but lately I've been drinking water and gatorade...which we just ran out of). I'm eating breakfast right now at my desk...a cup of greek yogurt with a cup of granola. My wife and son are heading to the store today, and she's gonna get some liquid Imodium, Gatorade, bananas, and hopefully some Amino acids. I think we're gonna have to go to GNC, or order from Amazon.

So right now, the plan is to see how this new reduced dose of .13mg affects my body. Early next week, after Christmas, gonna jump off and get this show on the road.

Unfortunately I didn't get any time off of work. I had to have surgery in March to have two toes removed. (It s.u.c.k.e.d. but that's life.) But I didn't have short term disability so I had to use all my vacation time. So I had to go back to work on day 3 of my w/d. I was a mess but it forced me to be active and moving around. As much as I wanted to do nothing I couldnt. Had to move around, and it helped me so much looking back at it. You'll be fine bossman. I'll be looking for your posts. You got this

Beef
    That's too bad, but it sounds like it helped you persevere through all of this. I'm happy for you. This morning has been very interesting. I feel like I'm cloudy, loopy, with the worst dry mouth I've experienced (this is a new one). I've been hydrating very well (I normally Mt. Dew, but lately I've been drinking water and gatorade...which we just ran out of). I'm eating breakfast right now at my desk...a cup of greek yogurt with a cup of granola. My wife and son are heading to the store today, and she's gonna get some liquid Imodium, Gatorade, bananas, and hopefully some Amino acids. I think we're gonna have to go to GNC, or order from Amazon.

So right now, the plan is to see how this new reduced dose of .13mg affects my body. Early next week, after Christmas, gonna jump off and get this show on the road.

That's great. .13mg it will take your body a bit to stabalize. But try to take your dose at the same time everyday. I know you're about to jump but have you read the sub taper plan? It has helped thousands of members get clean from this nasty drug. It's at the top of the suboxone treatment sub-forum. Under prescription drug addiction. May want to give it a read, it's got a ton of good stuff in there. Sounds like you have a great support system!! Use that!! If it wasn't for my fiancee K I'm not sure I'd have been able to push through. She held me accountable as well as everyone on this site. For amino acids I took and am still taking dl-phenylalanine. As your body breaks it down it turns into l-tyrosine. It helped me out with the mental aspect tremendously. Coordination, hand eye, General mood. People didn't seem like such a-holes all the time. You don't feel it right away, and just like everything in this process it is gradual. But one day I woke up and clouds were lifting. I'm excited for you. Just know we are all here for you my friend!!!

Keep doing the next right thing!!!
    Beef
    10years39days and DravenDomnq like this.

Thanks, I agree! I did start a thread last night, but it appears that it hasn't yet been approved by the moderator(s). So in terms of the taper, yesterday was my first day moving down to .13mg (1/16 of a 2mg pill). Yesterday was rough all around, and I was incredibly emotional. The biggest difference with this newest taper is that I'm no longer taking two doses (of .13mg). Instead, now I'm just taking one dose in the morning.

So yesterday was hard, I pushed through the evening until around 10pm and my wife performed some form of witchcraft on me because I fell asleep just fine. Strange dreams, woke up at 3:40am with RLS and "the stretchies", but honestly it was as bad as the night before. At around 4:00am, I got out of bed and took the dog outside, stood in the rain for a minute, came back inside...

I retreated to the living room couch, laid down, RLS returned, stretchies returned, so I took some clonidine and after about an hour I was able to fall back asleep until 7am or so. At that point, my wife allowed me to have my new daily dose of .13mg. She dropped the sliver of the pill in my mouth, and I could feel that it was smaller than usual...but I didn't say anything and I am not dwelling on it.

Although scared, I'm interested in seeing how my body will handle the jump. Tomorrow morning we are going to do a little test. We have agreed that I will get my next dose at 7am (on Wednesday morning). But instead of getting the dose as soon as I wake up, we agreed that I need to shower, get ready, etc. before getting my dose. I don't know if this is good, bad, or indifferent...but I want to see how I function without that microscopic little speck of torture.

Hello 10 Yrs! I'm Randy and it's nice to meet you!

Beef and Lvg have both given you excellent advice and suggestions. Start that new thread again. If the info pops up that the moderators need to "approve" a thread or post that info rarely, if ever gets published. Sorry. So try again and give as much info as you can. You can also copy and paste you're posts here if you like to the new thread.

About the Suboxone.....Great job getting your dose down to .25mg daily. That's a HUGE accomplishement from where you began. You were on a lot of sub for a long time, so theres some build up of Suboxone that will need to dissipate before you will begin to feel better. Keep in mind that you're coming off one very powerful opiate and some wd symptoms will be present no matter what. If you remember that you'll be fine.

I'm a long time addict, abusing drugs for nearly 18 years before going on Methadone. Worst mistake I ever made. That stuff is garbage in my opinion. Made me into a walking,talking zombie. I eventually made the switch to Suboxone and that saved my life without a doubt. Well that and NA/AA support meetings which I hope you'll consider. Getting clean is only half the battle. Remaining clean takes lots and lots of work, and the face to face help of other addicts can help you to remain clean long term. Anyway, I tapered off the subs and will have 4 years clean this coming July.

What I'm asking you to consider at this time is to use the day skipping process prior to you jumping off the subs. It works like this....You dose .25mg, then skip dosing the following day. Dose again and then skip 2 days. Dose again and skip 3 days of dosing. Dose one final time and that's it, you're finished. The day skipping does 2 very important things for you. First, it allows the long half life of the subs to catch up with itself. And second, it helps you mentally prepare to being off the sub for a day, then 2, then 3, and so on. The day skipping process is underrated and can make a huge difference in the amount of symptoms a person may have. I really hope you'll consider it.

Randy

Whoops!

Just read where you're down to .13mg daily. Sorry I missed it. And that's awesome! Just use that in the day skipping instead of the .25mg.

Randy
    10years39days likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Whoops!

Just read where you're down to .13mg daily. Sorry I missed it. And that's awesome! Just use that in the day skipping instead of the .25mg.

Randy
    This is very good advice and I'll definitely consider the day skipping as a means of pre-jump tapering. I'm happy about that .13mg step, and day 2 is going good. Imodium is so important (like holy cow). I'm forcing water and Gatorade down my throat, and currently fighting chills. I'm gonna go start that new thread.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast