Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey redy. How's it going? Thanks for poking your head in. You're always welcome. Had a great holidays. First time sober in a long time and it was amazing. A bit chilly in N. GA right now, I think it's about 20, so not too bad but chilly. So glad to be here and thankful for this site and all my new friends here. Haven't made a resolution yet, but I'm open to ideas. Hope you had a great Christmas/Holidays. Good to hear from you!!

Have a great day!!
    Beef

Redy2BeeHappy is offline Member

Hey Beef, resolutions... I totally forgot!! I think the last few years my resolution was to quit the pills.., can't rightly remember, lol.

I suppose I should make a resolution regarding eating less sugar, but let me go munch on a donut while I ponder whether or not to make this resolution!!

Ooooh, sugar. That'd be a tough one for sure. Must be one of those sugar free organic donuts that taste like cardboard. Lol. Yeah I already got rid of subs and cigarettes so I don't know where to go. I know I could always lose a few lbs. But that seems so unoriginal. Hmm. I'm gonna have to do some more thinking on this one.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Unicorn74 is offline Member

Hey Beef, I just read your thread and I’m soooo pumped for you! Congratulations on your sobriety!! I’m doing it again, but differently this time. Last time I did it, I tapered down on Norco from 100mg to 30mg, then jumped. Experienced all the WD’s and really got so much amazing support on here! I made it 5-6 months opiate free then relapsed, knowing it was a temporary solution to get through the worst event of my life - my dad’s last phase of life. He passed in Feb last year and during the constant illness and intense care taking, I wound up going from 2.5 mgs to 100!!!

I posted a thread about my Norco taper. No one has responded as of yet but I’m just curious, how long has the depression/anxiety been an issue for you and what has helped with that? During my months off opiates my brain never bounced back. And actually, I became agoraphobic, which I never was prior! I was a very social and outgoing person, even with Fibromyalgia. Opiates have destroyed (hopefully temporarily) my body and brain. You are such a huge inspiration to me! I’m entering the scary zone as I wean and taper lower. Are you out of the woods with feelings of depression ? Any words of advice? I don’t want to CT only to go through months of dangerously black depression and constant anxiety again. I don’t know why it never lifted for me. It’s concerning because I’ve never felt that way prior to Opiates. Do you think it’s possible to do a slow and steady wean and have better results than I did last time?

Thanks for sharing your journey!! So happy to read from start to now and I’m cheering you on!! Sounds like life is really getting lighter for you : D

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Just a Hello as I'm flying by... keep it up love that your sharing your journey my friend.

Thanks for being here
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Maxheadrum is offline Member

I second that LVG. I really read hard over the past 30 minutes to get my mind right to say NO. Not a second longer am I going to let that beat me. Exercising self control as best I can!

Good Morning Beef...

Morning lvg. You know me just lurking around. Enjoying life. You dried off yet?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I'm a popsicle..

Lol. Yeah I know the feeling. Supposed to be 20's all day with 20 mph winds. Apparently it's because that storm, called a "bomb cyclone" basically a winter hurricane. Poor Cat, and all our friends in the NE.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Good morning everyone. Hope you're staying warm. (Or at least trying to) Pretty cold here 12 degrees with a 15 mph wind. But nothing like the NE. Sorry for everyone up there just plain brutal. Good night last night, made dinner for K and the kid and then ventured off to a new meeting. I gotta say it was nice. Got there a little early and helped set up and was very warmly welcomed by everyone. I had a good time and met some really great people and everyone there has quite a bit of clean time and all are serious about it. Soooo I think I might have found my home. We shall see but I'm Looking forward to going back.

Other than that nothing really new. Found out that GoT wont be back until 2019. So not too happy about that. HBO is killing me with that one.

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!
    Beef

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Good morning everyone. Hope you're staying warm. (Or at least trying to) Pretty cold here 12 degrees with a 15 mph wind. But nothing like the NE. Sorry for everyone up there just plain brutal. Good night last night, made dinner for K and the kid and then ventured off to a new meeting. I gotta say it was nice. Got there a little early and helped set up and was very warmly welcomed by everyone. I had a good time and met some really great people and everyone there has quite a bit of clean time and all are serious about it. Soooo I think I might have found my home. We shall see but I'm Looking forward to going back.

Other than that nothing really new. Found out that GoT wont be back until 2019. So not too happy about that. HBO is killing me with that one.

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!
    Beef

WOW, Beef, that's AWESOME!!! I'm so glad you went and it turned out to be much more welcoming than the other meeting you attended. And I'm really proud of you for not giving up. You've made one of the BEST decisions you'll ever make for yourself. Yes, please continue going, make time to go. Sooner or later someone with some substantial clean time will stand out and you can ask that person to be your sponsor. When mention of "step work" is mentioned don't let it freak you out. It's just a road may to a new life free of addiction.

Very Proud of you Beef!!!

Randy

That is awesome Beef!

I am hoping to find that same thing. This site is awesome but I am willing to trust others that face to face meetings will be that extra push I need as well.

Hope you have a blessed day!

Oh and PS...I feel you about the GOT. I was bummed to know 2019 will be the final 6 episodes.

If you haven't watched East Bound and Down,
    I would recommend it. Show is hilarious!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-05-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    WOW, Beef, that's AWESOME!!! I'm so glad you went and it turned out to be much more welcoming than the other meeting you attended. And I'm really proud of you for not giving up. You've made one of the BEST decisions you'll ever make for yourself. Yes, please continue going, make time to go. Sooner or later someone with some substantial clean time will stand out and you can ask that person to be your sponsor. When mention of "step work" is mentioned don't let it freak you out. It's just a road may to a new life free of addiction.

Very Proud of you Beef!!!

Randy
    Thank you so much Randy. It really means a lot. I've heard over and over about the immense benefit of meetings and face to face support, and last night I saw it in action. I'm really pleased with this meeting and like I said there's a lot of great people there. Not giving up on this one I'm really looking forward to going back. I'm not freaked out about the step work. I know I got some issues and demons that need to be addressed. That's how I got here in the first place. This site and yours and everyone else's wisdom and support has been amazing.I can't imagine making it through this without you guys. But I owe it to myself and the family to see this through and never let the beast back in my life.

Thanks so much for your support!!
    Have a great day!!
    Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Maxheadrum View Post
    That is awesome Beef!

I am hoping to find that same thing. This site is awesome but I am willing to trust others that face to face meetings will be that extra push I need as well.

Hope you have a blessed day!

Oh and PS...I feel you about the GOT. I was bummed to know 2019 will be the final 6 episodes.

If you haven't watched East Bound and Down,
    I would recommend it. Show is hilarious!
    Hey max. Thank you so much!! The first meeting I went to was an absolute joke. Nobody took it seriously, everyone was there just for drug court. (M3th is a big problem up here) It was amateur hour at best. But Randy, lvg, and Draven told me it may take time to find one that's right for you. Just don't give up. Find one that works for you. It may take a few meetings. You'll know when you find your home. You're doing so great by the way!!!

Eastbound and down. Haven't seen the last season but I really enjoyed it. Kenny Powers is rediculous!! I'm trying to get K into Banshee. That ones one of my favorites!!

Have a great day my friend!!
    Maxheadrum and Randy35 like this.

10years39days is offline Member

That's awesome, Beef. I've started "looking" into the NA meetings in my area. Gotta be honest I'm a bit intimidated by the idea. I'm not a religious person, and I'm worried about that component as well. Does NA inject religion into their group chats? I'd say I'm more spiritually active than religiously active, if that makes sense. Right now I want only things that are good for my body and mind. I know religion is important for so many folks, just not me.

Hey 10. I was raised Catholic, but not strict. My parents went to Catholic school and they didn't want to force that on us. I'd say myself I'm not a religious person. But I do believe in a "higher power" or something bigger than us out there. The way I understand it is that aa, and na are not religious nor is there any requirement to go. Everyone is encouraged toget their own understanding (religious or not) of the spiritual principles of recovery in everyday life. I was skeptical until I kept hear in of the massive benefit from multiple members. Give one a try. All you got to lose is an hour of your time.

If I'm wrong about it I'm sure Randy or lvg will head slap me later. Lol

Have a great day boss.
    Beef

Hey 10 I can promise you it's not a cult. The only requirement is the desire to be clean. It's one Addict helping another addict. Sharing their experience strength and hope. I can tell you for this Addict it's the best thing I have done. Not only am I clean just for today I've grown as a person. It's given me tools to handle Life on Life's terms, a part of, a support group of other Addicts that understand identify with all us Addicts go through. It holds me accountable for my actions Today. I'm also teachable Today. Give it a go what do you have to lose you might just get what you need.

Beef keep coming back...

Hello Beef, I'm glad you found a meeting that was the right fit for you. Keep an open mind Beef even the ones that are court ordered and don't want to be there might just hear the message. For this Addict the newcomer might just save my life one day. We come from all walks of life but the Diease of Addiction is the same. Anywhoo I'm glad you got something from the meeting. Proud of You..

LVG-
    I swear you sound like my good buddy who has 10 years clean. There's a meeting tomorrow that I am going to go to. I am going to trust the advice.

Beef-

Kenny Powers is the funniest! And I'll give your show a look!

Hello Max, Proud of You. Keep an open mind believe me it took 6 months for me to walk in the rooms of Na. Like I said to Beef it's not the amount of clean time for me today it's how I'm living. Every day I wake up I'm grateful I'm alive and clean for today. Can't wait to hear about keep me posted.
    Again Max Proud of You...

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    That's awesome, Beef. I've started "looking" into the NA meetings in my area. Gotta be honest I'm a bit intimidated by the idea. I'm not a religious person, and I'm worried about that component as well. Does NA inject religion into their group chats? I'd say I'm more spiritually active than religiously active, if that makes sense. Right now I want only things that are good for my body and mind. I know religion is important for so many folks, just not me.
    Hey 10years, I get it about being intimidated about the NA meetings, but really, there's no need to be. While I have my own spiritual beliefs, "religion" in a lot of it's forms is pretty triggering for me, because of my upbringing, and was one of the biggest fears I had about walking into the NA/AA rooms myself.

I have never felt judged, or like NA shouldn't be a part of my recovery because of that, and in fact I discovered that it was nothing like I thought it would be. It's not a religious program, and the spiritual aspects are catered to how YOU understand life to be, not somebody else's idea of a higher power. Just wanted to throw that out there for you, because I had the same thoughts myself. Hope you get a chance to check out a meeting for yourself!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post

Most people are either intimidated by the whole "religion" thing or just plain afraid to walk in the door that first time. NA/AA only speaks of a Higher Power, and your Higher Power can literally be anything you want it to be. As Lvg has said it's certainly no cult and you'll never, ever feel judged when you go.

I'm so proud of Beef for going back when he had an unpleasant experience the first time. You may also when you go to that first meeting. I certainly did. But I kept going back until I found my home. And don't rule out AA either. Same 12 step meetings, just a different drug is all. You'll be welcomed at both places.

Randy

Who let the onion ninjas in? Can't stop wiping my eyes.

Thank you

Senses coming back my friend! Enjoy a good cry every now and again!!

Onion ninjas!! Ha!! Lol
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

10years39days is offline Member

Onion Ninjas...haha...speaking of tears did anyone watch the Titans completely destroy the hopes and dreams of the Chiefs? I can hear the echo of their cries all the way from Oregon.

10-

Brutal ending to their season! As a Redskins fan, I don't have to get nervous about playoff expectations because we only play the regular season for draft picks so we trade them away in the off season for >>>>>> talent!

Lol. I feel you on that one max. We as bucs fans haven't really had much to look forward to except the draft every year. And we usually mess that up too. But we'll see what happens in the off season. You're doing an amazing job and inspiring many on here. Stick around this place needs people like you!!

10- Crazy game I know! Bad day to be a chiefs fan!! Glad you're starting to strong together good days now. As you know there may be setbacks occasionally but don't get discouraged, as lvg says this too shall pass! You're doing so great also. And that goes for you as well. Stick around. Both your stories are amazing and you're inspiring so many people on here.

Thank you both for all you are and what you're doing!!!
    You guys are awesome!!!

Stay strong!!
    Beef
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Beef-

Loved the HBO Hard Knocks on your squad this past year. I have to admit I expected more out of TB this year. Having the best W/R tandum in the league along with a shifty RB and a promising young QB. Although I'm
    Sure you probably know those on a more painful level than I.

I really love that area of FL. We fly down annually to TB and rent a car and continue down to Siesta Key. Just really love my time in that part of your home state.

Although I also have a couple of great Friends who live in GA and AL. My buddy who has ten or eleven years clean lives in the border of the two states. He's always trying to get me to come down there to fish with him!

What part of GA do you now call home?

I'm in Ellijay GA. Base of the blue ridge mtns. Apple capitol of GA. Grew up in Bradenton FL. About 30 mins north of Siesta key. Great area down there. But I had to move away. Oxy's were killing me. Literally. Went back for thanksgiving and had an amazing time, I could see myself moving back somewhere in the area, and the girls love FL. So time will tell what the future holds.

Yeah, I loved the show, we had all the pieces this year but could only string together 5 wins. Just the way it goes in TB. One year we'll put it together hopefully.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast