Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Maxheadrum is offline Member

That's a beautiful area!

I have an affection for GA since I literally walked 26 miles there my last day of AIT training to become an infantry soldier. It's like a second home to me!

Oh and I thought I would share too that one of my closest military buddies lives in the H Triangle in a suburb called Woodstock. He stayed in the military while I got out and went to college. When the towers fell, I was just accepting a new positikn and was a freshly minted college graduate. My buddy stayed in and was one of the first sets of boots to hit the combat zone. He was a HEAVY drinker and also has PTSD. About 7 years ago, he tried to stick a 9MM in his mouth to end it. Luckily, THIS time around I was there for him and so was his wife and beautiful boys (has 3). Tough infantry guys like us cannot easily admit we have problems. However, he took the steps to get his head right and found the courage to put down the bottle. He now has 7 years sober. I say these things to you to let you know how many suffer in silence and don't reach out.

Your posts grabbed me up in a weak moment and pulled my head out just when I needed it. So I have a clean and sober buddy with 12 years of sobriety, I have a dear military vet buddy with 7 years sober and now I have YOU. And all three of you live within a couple hours of each other. If that isn't A higher power telling me that GA is great then I don't know what to think!

Sorry for the rambling. Hope you have a great day!

Forceout is offline Member

Hey Beef,

Just came by to say HI!!!

I’ve been crazy busy with the new woman, a patent, and some traveling you know about. And so much other stuff, it’s crazy.

Amazing what you can do when your head isn’t clogged up with freakin’ trash!!!!

I hope you are good as it seems. I’m gonna hug your big neck some day, bro!! Maybe I’ll stop off on one of my drives to Florida which I seem to make 3 or 4 times a year. (From Texas)

Keep fighting the good fight!! I’m around 60 days. Like you I quit counting.....funny right? 11/11 was the day I came out of the fog.

Laughing. Loving. Creating. Feeling. ........everything bro.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Well I'm a dog killer. Hmmm, I guess I should give a bit of background on that note. There is a house on my street where the owners just let their pit bull roam free, not that uncommon in BFE north GA. But this dog loves to chase cars. He creeps in the lawn and pounces and chases cars when they get close. Several times I've told the owners of this and they nonchalantly blew me off. "Thats what dogs do" they'd tell me with their GA drawl, and possibly imbred diction. As you can tell I'm a little heated.

So this morning I'm heading into work and with the darkness and the fog the visibility wasn't great but not terrible. And sure enough there he was popping out trying to catch my car. And this time boy o boy he caught it. Swiped him with my back wheel well. Didn't even see him until he was right there. Tired to swerve but it wasn't enough. So I got out and there was nothing I could do. I walked up to the house and the SOB told me it was my fault and I killed his dog! I was so pi$$ed off I wanted to break his jaw. But I took a deep breath and eloquently told him this was on him as I told him multiple times that it would happen and it was only a matter of time, and he should be ashamed of himself. It was a beautiful dog and needed better owners. So I placed the dog at his feet told him it was his responsibility to bury the dog, he deserved that much. And I walked off. Not listening to the red neck gibberish he was spouting behind me.

So it was a difficult morning. But I'm looking to turn it around. I know it's not on me, but I still feel bad. I love dogs and this one really hurt. But I'll be good.

Other than that I've got nothing really new to report. It's a little warmer so I think I'm gonna grill out tonight. Got some steaks, and I found a nice recipe for grilled broccoli florets that looks really good. K is doing real good, got her appt in a week and a half and we'll see what's what. Her belly's starting to show and we're looking forward to finding out what the next step is.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
    Beef
    10years39days likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Well I'm a dog killer. Hmmm, I guess I should give a bit of background on that note. There is a house on my street where the owners just let their pit bull roam free, not that uncommon in BFE north GA. But this dog loves to chase cars. He creeps in the lawn and pounces and chases cars when they get close. Several times I've told the owners of this and they nonchalantly blew me off. "Thats what dogs do" they'd tell me with their GA drawl, and possibly imbred diction. As you can tell I'm a little heated.

So this morning I'm heading into work and with the darkness and the fog the visibility wasn't great but not terrible. And sure enough there he was popping out trying to catch my car. And this time boy o boy he caught it. Swiped him with my back wheel well. Didn't even see him until he was right there. Tired to swerve but it wasn't enough. So I got out and there was nothing I could do. I walked up to the house and the SOB told me it was my fault and I killed his dog! I was so pi$$ed off I wanted to break his jaw. But I took a deep breath and eloquently told him this was on him as I told him multiple times that it would happen and it was only a matter of time, and he should be ashamed of himself. It was a beautiful dog and needed better owners. So I placed the dog at his feet told him it was his responsibility to bury the dog, he deserved that much. And I walked off. Not listening to the red neck gibberish he was spouting behind me.

So it was a difficult morning. But I'm looking to turn it around. I know it's not on me, but I still feel bad. I love dogs and this one really hurt. But I'll be good.

Other than that I've got nothing really new to report. It's a little warmer so I think I'm gonna grill out tonight. Got some steaks, and I found a nice recipe for grilled broccoli florets that looks really good. K is doing real good, got her appt in a week and a half and we'll see what's what. Her belly's starting to show and we're looking forward to finding out what the next step is.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
    Beef

Jeez Beef, glad you don't live and drive on my street. You were probably going 60mph in a 25mph zone weren't you? Bet you saw him and headed right at him didn't you? Be honest, you know you did.

All kidding aside that really and truly sucks on all accounts. Bad for you and bad for the owner of that beautiful dog. Bet he learned his lesson and won't let it happen again. Hopefully not anyway. Sorry pal as I know how awful you feel as I would to. Not a great way to start the day.

Hang in there my friend.

Randy

Lol. Yeah lock your doors and hide your animals, speed racer, pet assassin Beef is on the prowl.

I was probably going 45-50. Speed limits 45 out here.

It's a bummer and a drag but I know it's not on me. It happens, just upset, there's so many people who don't deserve or have the responsibility to have pets.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Ughhh Sorry to hear that Beef. So sad.. Life on life's terms.. maybe lesson learned maybe not but you know what just for today you don't have to use no matter what.
    It's God's will.....

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Beef, so sorry you started your morning like that my friend! I get it, we have some people here that do the same thing, and we're always so afraid that something is going to happen. In fact, just a block down from us there's a beautiful husky that keeps running around and coming to our house who we've taken to the shelter here a few times to try to get her away from her owners. If we had the room we'd just snag her ourselves. Some people just don't deserve to own fur babies, without a doubt!

It's not on you, and I know how much it pains you. Just letting you know I'm thinking of you!!

10years39days is offline Member

Dang that sucks. Sorry, Beef. Nobody wants to start their morning like that. Then you add in the drama with the consciously incompetent owner...that'll just about make your blood boil.

It sounds like it probably didn't damage your vehicle. Or did it?
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Yeah kinda sux. I think it broke the clips that keep the bumper on the wheel well. I'll just duct tape it or slap on some flex seal. Apparently that stuff can tape a boat together. And we all know if it's on tv it's gotta be true. Ha
    10years39days and Randy35 like this.

10years39days is offline Member

No, NO!...not the CLIPS! Might as well just total it out now.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Yeah kinda sux. I think it broke the clips that keep the bumper on the wheel well. I'll just duct tape it or slap on some flex seal. Apparently that stuff can tape a boat together. And we all know if it's on tv it's gotta be true. Ha

Hey -

I purchased a used lawn roller from a guy last summer. The kind you fill with water. Well it developed a pretty good size crack on the edge in a tough spot to repair. I bought some of that flex seal spray from the local hardware and that stuff really did work! Sealed it up nicely and hasn't leaked since. Just sayin. But I didn't hit a dog with it either. Lol.

Randy

Stuff is amazing Randy...lol

Hmmm. I meant that sarcastically but now I'm rethinking it. I just may have to go grab a roll/spray. I got some odd jobs around the house. Got the seal of approval from you two. (Ha)

From fox to killer..
    Couldn't resist Beef

Lol. Fair enough. Good one!!

I got no comeback on that one

That's for my Jets.... Lol

Yeahhhh. I'll leave it alone for a while, but I got a few more months to rub that one in. One of the few high points of our season this year.

Bring it on today I can take it ha lol

Oh I'm gonna bring it!! I'll go there take a picture and come back smiling. ;-)

RightTurn33 is offline Member

Default Just Reading Your Story Now

Amazing Beef, Amazing! Willpower in spades.

Plus, it has helped me understand even more clearly how typical my (and your) struggles are with insomnia, related lack of energy and depression during the first stages/weeks after acute withdrawal symptoms have dissipated.

All I can say is thanks!

Beef-

Sorry to hear about your incident this morning. You are a pretty in tune Person with your emotions and I'm sure that weighs hard. The way you handled that was honest, genuine and spot on.

The irony in this is your near sighted neighbor knows what you look like but he doesnt know you like we do on this site. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't know that heart of yours and the real way you put your addiction out here for us all to share in, and it's without question that he doesn't know the words in your thread stopped me from using about 10 days ago.
    You are a kind and decent human being.
    I see others chimed in and tried to help you carry the load today. I hope this little bit of encouragement helps you too.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-11-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Max. Thank you so much. I'm humbled that my words have helped you on your journey. I just try to be honest with myself and with any advice I give here. It means so much to hear from someone that I have helped them in some way shape or form. Just one more reason that I love this place. Like you said the people on here are some of the strongest warriors I have ever had the absolute pleasure of knowing. Every day this place amazes me and I'm so happy to be here. Yeah my neighbor sux!!! And I would have loved to do something about it but qqwhat would that have solved???? As big as I am I know that he didn't want to pick that fight. And if I'd have lost it on him I'd be in jail and I'm not that guy anymore. So I just hope I made him feel about 3 inches tall and he realized that this was on him. Some people don't deserve the love that pets can give. For that I feel sorry for him.

It was an interesting day for sure, but it's another day clean and I'm stronger for it. Thank you so much for the kind words!! And congratulations on 3 weeks!!!!!

Have a great night my friend!!
    Beef

You bet Beef. And I re read your post and I must have gotten lost in the "poor me" and didn't realize you are about to be a dad?

WOW!

Man I tell you what, I've accomplished a lot in this world if you count material bullsh!t but being a dad is seriously the best and most proud accomplishment I have.

If you haven't already noticed, I am a severe walking contradiction. I am a infantry veteran, so a supposed hardened warrior but if you poke at me long enough you will get to the soft center.

I hope your woman's pregnancy goes off perfectly and I absolutely cannot wait till she gives birth to that soon to be Giant!

Hoping your 2018 is filled with lots of laughter and love man.

Thanks again Max. Yeah I can be a big softie too. (Shhh) Gotta keep up my image of scaring small children. Both K and I are really excited. But at this point it's all about managing expectations. K had a complete hysterectomy about 2 years ago and abdominal pregnancies are considered extremely high risk for both mother and child. So we are taking it really slow and just gonna see what the doctors say. Its up to them whether or not to continue or to terminate the pregnancy depending on a plethora of factors. They wont risk K's health for the sake of the baby. So its a slippery slope we're on now. Just staying positive and seeing where this goes. Just like my life now, one day at a time! Ha! Just staying off of the internet to keep from worrying myself sick.

Have a great day buddy!!
    Beef
    DravenDomnq and 10years39days like this.

I hear you there. I have a childhood friend who said the internet is terrible to try to understand what may be happening in our medical lives.
    I am certainly not trying to minimize the severity of your situation but as you said, reading stuff can cause unnecessary worrying.

On another note, did you have to make short work of any zombies last night?

It was a ghost town here since everyone was afraid of the snow!

Lol. Thanks bud. Yeah no zombies last night. But it was a ghost town today. Got a little cold and some flurries today so of course everyone lost their minds and stayed inside today. Not complaining, it was really nice not to have to worry about moronic drivers today.

Morning big guy.. how's it going today?

*Hey Beef, do you want to come into work today because we employ morons?*
    ****Why of course I do. How'd you know ?****
    *You can wake up at 4 am and deal with the 11 degree weather on your "day off"*
    ****Wow!!! Thanks, that sounds awesome!! I love my job!!****

# Beef realizes that carrying on a sarcastic conversation with himself on a website May not be the best use of his time #

#Wishes all his virtual friends a happy Sunday#

Beef

I hear Beef saying to himself
    Self I'm sooo grateful Today to have
    A job,I'm grateful for another day clean..

Thought I whispered that. How'd you hear that all the way from FL???

Are you a wizard??

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast